Thread: Somebody uses your ignoring function, do you get bored/lethargic?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Somebody uses your ignoring function, do you get bored/lethargic?

People who use my ignoring function tend to get an indifferent response from me. I never say it openly. Certain types value my ignoring. Completely rational. My question is what you all think/feel when people emphasize your ignoring function?

TIM
    ILE-D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the only two types that have the ignoring has their main function are the mirage and extinguishment relationships. I'd say with mirage at least that it runs almost completely through T and F, with the occasional Se force of will coming from my end. Extinguishment on the other hand i'm not very close to, but in general it's just a mutually repelling force, with the occasional problem from a painful F function.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes it’s funny in a “bless your heart” kinda way

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much zone out (LSE) or it irritates me (LIE). someitimes I find it valuable really depends.

TIM
    ILI? - Ne?
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like ILE Ne-Ti more than IEE Ne-Fi, but I can't have close relationship with ILE, we are too different. It is ILE's thinking process that I feel interested in, not their personality (still I like them the most in Alpha quadra).
    Last edited by Moharu; 04-19-2021 at 07:16 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Well the only two types that have the ignoring has their main function are the mirage and extinguishment relationships. I'd say with mirage at least that it runs almost completely through T and F, with the occasional Se force of will coming from my end. Extinguishment on the other hand i'm not very close to, but in general it's just a mutually repelling force, with the occasional problem from a painful F function.
    What do you mean by it runs through T and F?

TIM
    IEE-Ne1w9/6w5/4 SX
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignoring is the sharpening stone that makes my dominant better. It takes time to understand ILIs but it's worth it imo, I'd say it's 'relaxing' rather than boring. Too much Ni from IEI makes me depressed.
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

Life is soup. I'm fork

scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When a person is overinflated of their own ignoring it makes base less tolerable in all cases. Boredom might be even emphasized when those situations occur. Anchoring your ship above Mariana trench. You'll know it never catches its target.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

TIM
    IEE-Ne1w9/6w5/4 SX
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    When a person is overinflated of their own ignoring it makes base less tolerable in all cases. Boredom might be even emphasized when those situations occur. Anchoring your ship above Mariana trench. You'll know it never catches its target.
    I think you meant "When a person is overinflated of their own base it makes ignoring less tolerable in all cases" right? It's true that the IEE-Fi I know seem to understand Ni way faster than I do. I don't even 'sense' most of it, flies right over my head if I don't concentrate on it.
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

Life is soup. I'm fork

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

conveying facts and information about things gets annoying fast when they aren't related to or organized into a specific logical structure. Just learning random facts is extremely boring and a waste of time without a good reason to do so. I can't assimilate information without organizing it and understanding the overall logical map of why and how they all fit together.

I get annoyed and sleepy. "This is irrelevant.." may escape my lips.

scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I think you meant "When a person is overinflated of their own base it makes ignoring less tolerable in all cases" right? It's true that the IEE-Fi I know seem to understand Ni way faster than I do. I don't even 'sense' most of it, flies right over my head if I don't concentrate on it.
    Point is: Person needs a way to release ignoring if not they become disoriented - role helps here. LSE who gets anal about rules is one such example or IEI who is all about potentials without any sensible target etc. When base has no actual access to the other side it becomes increasingly banal. I think it has a special effect in cases when base and ignoring collides.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI 417
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is ok in a casual setting for example if it's for humor. Otherwise, from ILE I can tolerate it but from IEE I have a more internally hostile reaction to it.
    But yeah, overall it seems superfluous which leads to boredom and sometimes exasperation as I try to dismiss it.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like some of you are saying a valued function helps to digest the ignoring function. I can see that being cool. I tend to believe "valued" function are called such for a reason.

Nevertheless, its helpful discussing this topic with self aware people (like yourselves). Intertype interactions are still fascinating to me.

TIM
    ILE-D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    What do you mean by it runs through T and F?
    Logic and Ethics, Thinking and Feeling. While it's debatable weather it's Ti/e or Fi/e (demonstrative or creative), mirage is definitionally a relationship based on either the rational functions for 2 irrational types, or the irrational functions for 2 rational ones.

Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i have the opposite experience of bored, one way or the other, but it is Fe we're talking about. i respond very differently to alpha and beta Fe.

TIM
    ILI? - Ne?
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Sounds like some of you are saying a valued function helps to digest the ignoring function. I can see that being cool. I tend to believe "valued" function are called such for a reason.

Nevertheless, its helpful discussing this topic with self aware people (like yourselves). Intertype interactions are still fascinating to me.
    Yes, I think P types would have more tolerant toward types that use their ignoring function because their nature is observe first/ judge after.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    Yes, I think P types would have more tolerant toward types that use their ignoring function because their nature is observe first/ judge after.
    I got an SEI buddy. She's my mirage. I often willingly engage my Ne role cause its fun for us both. We're both P types, very much gather evidence prior to concluding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Logic and Ethics, Thinking and Feeling. While it's debatable weather it's Ti/e or Fi/e (demonstrative or creative), mirage is definitionally a relationship based on either the rational functions for 2 irrational types, or the irrational functions for 2 rational ones.
    I got it now. With my mirage friend, she & I approach life similarly (in a non-socionics way) but also at an age where excitement & emotions aren't everything. Def hear where you're coming from. Communication styles (rational functions) are a definite help

Depends on context. Bored if it's something I can safely ignore but for whatever reason I don't ignore it. But if it's something important, maybe annoyance - I feel like I listen to it with the base function, and internally I wonder, "why is this being explained in such an unwieldy way?". In practice, this means a lot of questions and confirmations.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I've been a part of a group of people that was mainly composed of alphas and deltas I have been in a constant state of irritation. They tend to love making silly jokes and doing weird things that are just unfunny to me. So I become the boring joy killer of the group and we stop hanging together at some point.
    I have quite a few ILE friends but we've learned to laugh about how unfunny they are to me.

Ne egos also tend to try to nuance everything I say (EIEs do that a lot too with their Ne dem). When this happens I just ignore it most of the time. It's very rare that I find it interesting unless maybe sometimes when it comes from an ILE.

To be honest I feel like within your dyad your dual uses your ignoring function more than you do in a way. Of course you have better mastery over it but still in a weird way it comes easier for them (I don't really know how to explain it).

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    Whenever I've been a part of a group of people that was mainly composed of alphas and deltas I have been in a constant state of irritation. They tend to love making silly jokes and doing weird things that are just unfunny to me. So I become the boring joy killer of the group and we stop hanging together at some point.
    I have quite a few ILE friends but we've learned to laugh about how unfunny they are to me.

Ne egos also tend to try to nuance everything I say (EIEs do that a lot too with their Ne dem). When this happens I just ignore it most of the time. It's very rare that I find it interesting unless maybe sometimes when it comes from an ILE.

To be honest I feel like within your dyad your dual uses your ignoring function more than you do in a way. Of course you have better mastery over it but still in a weird way it comes easier for them (I don't really know how to explain it).
    Well put. Thanks for the take

As an SLE, I don't value Ne but forums which do seem to be oversaturated with it. It's basically tons of messages of the Ne-ego variety. Because Ne & Se hinder eachother, Se is then perceived as ruining the party. I'm unapologetic with my Se. After a while, I was annoyed by that particular forum's culture. It's no secret Se-ego generally prefers real world anyway

I generally use Ne towards my dual to change things up cause the unusual can be a breath of fdesh air at times.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It makes me incredibly bored lol. I guess a positive side of being so bored though is I also feel 'safe' with it (cuz boredom & safety kinda go together in a way) and I understand most ILEs don't really have malicious intent with it.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    It makes me incredibly bored lol. I guess a positive side of being so bored though is I also feel 'safe' with it (cuz boredom & safety kinda go together in a way) and I understand most ILEs don't really have malicious intent with it.
    I can see that being the case in certain ways. Appreciate your perspective on it