Thread: What is your response to someone who uses your demonstrative?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is your response to someone who uses your demonstrative?

When a person uses your demonstrative function, are you affected? What goes through your mind?

For me, when another uses Te I used to join in. Afterward, I realized how bitter I sounded. Utilizing my creative is better for me. What say you?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depends. I can find it kinda sweet if I personally know them well enough, but I can also get really annoyed and call them out on their bullshit if they are using Fi and pretending that they are more righteous or moral about things because of it- that irritates me. As some of you already know, pretending that you are holier than thou or better than others because you talk in professional business Te/Fi speak instead of ghetto Fe/Ti speak is probably one of my pet peeves.

TIM
    IEI-Fe, 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine would be Fi and I guess it's fine...? I can engage with someone talking about their personal morality and feelings about things, but it's just kinda boring. I share my own moral feelings quite readily when people ask for them, but I tend to assume people probably won't listen unless they go out of their way to prompt them from me. I'd much rather stick with my own moral system than bother with other people's since usually it feels like they severely lack any sort of Ti consistency or Ni depth and have no Fe tact with which to propagate their system into the world in any meaningful way. Like when I talk with people who value Fi and have it in a strong position it feels like they just have a bunch of random opinions about things which are unrelated to each other. It's hard for me to see their underlying principles because I'm looking for some Ti framework behind everything and there generally isn't one, or else it's rather clumsy if it does exist. Besides all that, the opinions of people who value Fi are usually plenty obvious so why bother discussing them? They'll most likely not care or get annoyed when I point out their logical inconsistencies or lack of perspective, and I risk souring the mood by expressing different opinions from them. When Fi is used on me I'll acknowledge it so they know I'm listening to them, but I tend to avoid building on those topics in a conversation. I just let them express, validate (even if I disagree), then change the subject

Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

smile and nod

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on which IXI it is lol. And the individual themselves.

I tend to not take their forecasts as seriously as I do my own sense of possibilities. It's not as if I ignore Ni either, which may be a common misperception on their end (?). I am very astute when it comes to anticipating and avoiding harmful events (even on a very granular, moment-to-moment or day-to-day level, doesn't have to be something big) for either me or someone I care about. ILIs can also come across as a little pessimistic. Being Ne ignoring, IXIs do not understand and underestimate the connections or intuitive depth of what I am communicating which may be bad (such as when my ILI therapist ignored it; felt like the whole 1 year was wasted - after everything I told her, she purposely ignored the severity and depth of my symptoms because I communicated it to her after analyzing it myself - handed it on a silver platter so to speak - and she would say things that undermined what I experienced because she somehow thought me so naive to not judge my own thoughts and feelings accurately). Not all ILIs are like that though.

Their negativistic approach is stultifying. It feels like I have to defend things I say instead of discussing them in a free-form sometimes.

Interactions like that discourage me from further communication.
    Pinterest
    C-EII-1Ne | INFP | 4(w5) 96 sx/so

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love watching xLIs use Fi. They have the most random moral hang ups.

Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I love watching xLIs use Fi. They have the most random moral hang ups.
    as an Fi base...fr lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bunch of lovely weirdos.<333
    EIE - Ni (H) | 3w4 SX/SP | LEFV

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. " - Socrates

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each reply here is appreciated. The experiences shared were cool & pretty much answered my question.

Demonstrative is easy to use. After using Te & doing it awesomely, I ask myself "Why the f*ck did I really do that?". Its as if it meant nothing. Helping people is one thing but I def don't value my demonstrative for its own sake.

TIM
    EII-1Ne
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo Poptart, that’s how I feel about xSIs with Ni. Most random moments of clairvoyance.