Thread: Is Socionics worth it in the long run?

Threaded View

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first got into it, it really freaked me out. (1year+ ago). I was worried that it had caused some permanent anxiety state in me. But that’s changed. I just on kept on going with it- eventually I found people on the forum whose ideas I liked to read about, and bits of the theory (and ennegram) that interested me. I don’t even know the theory well, but it’s helped me a lot. I can type people though- you do need to learn this in the end so you can form your own opinions, see how the theory works. The socionics descriptions contain a lot of stereotypes- it is inevitable. Subtype theories (enneagram/socionics can help get your head around this). By typing people, you can see past the stereotypes.

Bit yes, you are young. Just enjoy it for the ideas, even the silliness of it. You may relate to it more, as you get a bit older. Don’t feel like you need to know it all, you have your whole life to come back to it When you really need it, it will be there for you!

I think it probably drives everyone crazy at first, and can take some time to get used to it.

Also- remember that compatibility is about more than socionics types. Some ITR may be better than others, but quite a few are more than ok. Different types of relationships exist- some are more romantic, some are more practical, regardless of type. A person is more than their socionics type- your memories and experiences make you who you are. Enneagram is cool too- the enneagram part of the personality seems to be the more fluid aspect of the psyche, with room to grow in different directions. There is more cross over between the systems than people realise- enneagram might be a bit more accessible though.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 04-16-2021 at 01:56 PM.