Thread: How could an INTp turn into an ENTp

Default How could an INTp turn into an ENTp

Hi everyone this is my first post.

All my life I knew I was different than everyone else. When I went to grade school everyone(including teachers) thought I was stupid and I knew I was alot smarter than everyone knew I was. They even threw me in special education classes until 5th grade when they gave me a test on what I knew and they found out I was capable of doing 7-8th grade work. Being different and trying to hiding all my feelings has caused me alot of pain and I want to atleast be able to fit in when necessary(Like putting on a mask). I want to feel and be competant in all situations that I am in. Using the internet to further the understanding of myself I found the myers-briggs personality typing and I learned Intp fit me perfectly. Then like piecing a puzzle together the answer have revealed itself to me.

This is what I found and I would really like input from entps and intps. I figured that when an Intp extraverts they temporarily become a weak Entp. Intp=Ti,Ne,Si,Fe and Entp=Ne,Ti,Si,Fe. when I look at that I see that and Intp and Entp are basically the same person with inverted functions.

My questions are: Most of these questions I have my own answers for but I want to hear everyone elses opinion.

What exactly is the relationship between Dominant Ne and Auxiliary Ti?

How does one switch his dominant Ti to serve his Auxiliary Ne?

How and why does an Entp use his Tertiary Fe where as a Intp squelches his feelings?

How exactly does an Entp use his Tertiary Fe to assist his Ne and Ti?

What is Si and why is it the Entp's fourth function?

How exactly does an Intp use his Tertiary Si to assist his Ti and Ne?

What happens when an Entp is in a situation where he has to be introverted? if that's possible.

What are some things Entps do to train their Ne like playing chess for example?

What are some things an Intp could do to train his Fe function?

If an Intp and an Entp are the same person with inverted functions what motivates one to choose intp or Entp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUselessBrain
    If an Intp and an Entp are the same person with inverted functions what motivates one to choose intp or Entp.
    Wow, you should read up on Socionics first. It is NOT the same as M-B. First of all, the inverted form of an ENTP is an INTJ, not INTP. In socionics, the break down of functions would be somewhat like this,

INTP:
    Unshakable Foundation (Dominant)- Ni
    Spontaneous Realization (Creativitey)- Te
    Dual-Seeking- Se
    Hidden Agenda- Fi

Also, you can't change your type. It's something your born with. An INTP can be more outgoing, but their functions are always the same.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

First of all, the inverted form of an ENTP is an INTJ, not INTP
    Originally quoted by Rocky

I never said inverted form I said inverted functions and according to M-B Entp and Intp have the same functions but just inverted. I know very little about socionics but I will look it up and revise my ideas if they need revising.

Also, you can't change your type.
    Why cant Intps change their functions?

It's something your born with. An INTP can be more outgoing, but their functions are always the same.
    I have tried being ALOT more outgoing but not without crushing failures in my efforts. When I am out I am always studying everyone and everything objectively I try be alittle more engaging but im always on the wrong page socially. The more I try the more I fail. All I want is to be socially competant.

I am not saying your wrong I just want to see the logic behind what you say.

An idea came to me I dont know if its right or wrong but I believe when we are born we are both Introverted and Extroverted but something happens that affects us and our personality chooses either one. If that idea is valid(if its not please explain why) I want to retrace my entp route by using my Ne more.[/quote]

Creepy-

sdfsd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't change your type because everyone is born with a certain brain, and some brains are stonger in some areas and weaker in others. Where your brain is stongest determines what type you are. You are not born both Extraverted and Introverted. You have both Introverted and Extraverted functions, but are truely only one or the other. By nature, Introverts and more reflective, concentraded and draw energy from themsleves. Extraverts are the opposite. And, yes, in socionics the functions are inverted for INTJ and ENTP. In socionics there are both concious and subconicous functions. That is where INTPs differ from ENTPs. The more you learn about socionics the more what I am saying will make sense. Look at the functions above of the INTP. That's called Model X and tells you what the important functions do.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

sdfs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Also, you can't change your type. It's something your born with. An INTP can be more outgoing, but their functions are always the same.
    Not to bring this thread off the topic at hand, but why can't it change? Has anyone done a study of children to see if their type stays constant until adulthood?

I personally don't think that it does, but where did the conclusion come from that it doesn't?
    I tried to converte Socionics to relate to the brain on this thread.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    You can't change your type because everyone is born with a certain brain, and some brains are stonger in some areas and weaker in others. Where your brain is stongest determines what type you are.
    How did they find that out? Do studies back it up or is it just theory?
    Yes, BrainTypes
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An idea came to me I dont know if its right or wrong but I believe when we are born we are both Introverted and Extroverted but something happens that affects us and our personality chooses either one. If that idea is valid(if its not please explain why) I want to retrace my entp route by using my Ne more.
    Something made me think of this again (and don't ask me why b/c that's just the way my brain works) and I think Cone was right when he said you're not an INTP. I think you are actually an ENTP. And to answer your question again, we have both Extraverted and Introverted functions, but you are truely only one or the other. The way you wrote that sounds like you are a depressed ENTP.

Why would an ENTP sound like that? Its likely that you could have had your Hidden Agenda pulverized and massed into a million little pieces, leaving you to live in the excrutiating reality of being alone with your useless Fi, lossing the strength to use your other functions because you put so much so much fruitless energy in trying to understand how people feel about you. Fi is your concious hell that is painful for you to use yet you can't help but use it when you're alone... thus being a vicious cycle that continues to burn you if you can't control it.

Or, to say it another way, you need positive emotions from others .

I didn't mean to sound so grim here, but if that DOES sound like you then you are probably an ENTP who is just lonely and doesn't know what to do about it. If that's the case, then you have the wrong idea in trying to use your Ne more. What you need to get is Fe.

For an ENTP, it would look something like this:

Dominant- Ne
    Creative- Ti
    Dual-Seeking- Si
    Hidden Agenda- Fe
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How could an Intp Turn into an Entp

from my understanding, introversion is a make up of the brain. you can't change it. from my research, i think introversion is related to alphawaves in the brain (a slower wave that introduces creativity on different levels). where as extroversion is closer to beta waves - those hyper freaks at parties.

introverts shut down when exposed to loud noises, lots of people, too much action, etc. extroverts love it. loud parties everyone loves - except for the I's.

you can sort of behave like an E. after all i think Steve Jobs (of mac), is an INTJ - and he's on stage pushing their crummy product line. basically you need a bunch of confidence in some area. and screw the people who don't like you or are jealous.

the real problems start when your great at one thing and terrible at another. i had the same problem, only i didn't have the internet, and i assumed i was dumb until 12th grade. for me, they taught in words, but i learned in pictures. chances are i was, or am right now, eons beyond them. yet no one will believe you until you can do everything the other's can do... chances are though, regaurdless of the problem good or bad - you will be made fun of anyway. kids are mean.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, would you consider taking this test? Just for argument's sake.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...82897915119820

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take

... it was only four questions and I took a lot of time on each of them... making SURE I had the best fit answer, trying to answer as honestly as possible.

EDIT: If it helps, I (and other people around here) had a had time pinning down my type.

EDIT/// the above link does not show my results. I got 3 shadow, 3 marriage, 2 soul and 3 meaning.

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 90% on Shadow

You scored higher than 54% on Marriage

You scored higher than 9% on Soul

You scored higher than 72% on Meaning
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An INTp can not change into an ENTp ... An INTp uses primarily and an ENTp , which is one of the reasons you have ENTps thinking they are introverts and INTps thinking they are extroverts. Same deal with ESTps and ISTps ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    An INTp can not change into an ENTp ... An INTp uses primarily and an ENTp , which is one of the reasons you have ENTps thinking they are introverts and INTps thinking they are extroverts. Same deal with ESTps and ISTps ...
    sometimes when people re-take the test, they use the questions asked and apply it to their current position. the real method is to apply it to your life in general. so if someone who is always an E, acts like an E - but recently had a rough break up, they may behave like an I for a while. take the test, suddenly it's a change over.

you see it in blogs all the time. i am an INTJ - now i'm a total opposite. in some cases i wonder if people can actually look inside themselves properly, and give honest answers to get the proper response.

in either case it's just an online test. how accurate can they really be?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="mike_INTJ"]
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    in either case it's just an online test. how accurate can they really be?
    I was not really talking about on-line test, but I agree with that statement.

And what I said was based primarily on this ...

That is actually my method ... I came up with it as a way to assist my own subtle visual typing of people. I origionally thought that it might correlate to my typology test, but the results have not always maintained a frequent and reliable enough correlation to use the method effectivelly, which should be expected to some degree.

In any case, it works well for me as a a tool when doing visual typing, because it allows someone to focus more on the manifestation of certain combinations of functions in behaviours and not on the way people look, which it what most people attempt to do with V.I; does not always work very well with just that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An INTp cannot be an ENTp directly however i believe that if an INTp internalizes the idea that it is best to be expressive and open towards the people around them then they can definitely be an ENTp through being and INTp, INTp's tend to want to keep things to themselves however their own logic and beliefs could lead them to want to be extroverted and actually feel it, and I'm sure the same thing goes in the opposite way, beliefs are a powerful thing, your logic and reasoning is capable of changing the way you behave the way you are and the way you live, you can become all sorts of things through them despite originally being a certain way, besides the reason we are who we are is because our experiences and the way we thought about those experiences shaped us into who we are therefore it only makes sense that one is capable of change through seeing past or new experiences and thinking of them differently through a different perspective, which prospecting types are very prone to do, looking at as many possibilities as they can, and Tp types specially due to their critical thinking added on to that, however it is also true that the core base we build during the first stages of our lives tend to stick with us forever whether we live in direct accordance to it, or in a belief relative to it, stemming for or originating from it, for example INTp's thinking about how they are introverted and believing that its unreasonable or logically not the best way to live therefore making them live extrovertedly