Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gestapo Nazi psychopaths!

This pastor gave me such a lift. I am so glad he recorded this!

"Out, Nazi, out! Out!"

[2 min. 20 seconds] https://stateofthenation.co/?p=58950\
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can sex-trafficking pedophiles be running the government when they're all running the church?
    Last edited by xerx; 04-09-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oy gevalt!

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    oy gevalt!
    Last edited by SGF; 04-09-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Nice that you gave yourself a lift

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah this made the national headlines.

I think this pastor is stupid. I think the attendees are stupid as well.

But, I stand behind the sentiment. Fight the Establishment. Its to bad this guy now has tens of thousands of dollars in fines and fees.

BTW, covid doesn't spread through touch. Only through airborne breath. All the heavy sanitizing surfaces only effects was slowing and stopping the spread of influenza.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is no basis to think there was more psychopaths than in CIA or other similar places.
    Political system of principle inequality, where interests of a minority is set above most people, with income classes as capitalism is based on psychopathy ideology and is ruled by psychopathic aristocracy. Capitalism is based on individualism and hence satanism and hate to people.
    USA allows officially even tortures. in 21 century with all that "human rights" propaganda.

Hithlerism was created by capitalistic aristocracies, including of USA and Britain, to fight against humanistic communism. Hithlerism same as capitalism is about inequality of the majority of people in the value to live. Hithlerism is national level liberalism. USA and capitalistic countries live by similar principles as hithlerism and just lie about other. Racism is secondary there, just a was simpler way to explain nationalism, especially to low educated people as was most of them in those time. Even nationalism was not the main in hithlerism - the main was the idea about special "super-people" - a minority interests of which should be set above the majority. There is not principle ideas difference between liberalism/capitalism and hithlerism. Marx described hithlerism as imperialism.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It's a shame the Catholic Church did little at best to help fight the actual Nazis.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    It's a shame the Catholic Church did little at best to help fight the actual Nazis.
    H!tler (EIE) was catholic, him & Mussolini (SLE) stood against the communists who threatened to kill the Pope and end Catholicism, if you'd be aware what communists did to religious people in Russia and Eastern Europe you'd understand why ppl here today are more religious compared to western Europe & why the church didn't rly have much of a choice.

Ppl make it sound like Catholicism is soo bad, the issue rly is that priests aren't allowed to marry so the position is often coveted by pedophiles and deviants who don't want to become fathers. <== the source of the abuse and pedophilia. Its simple they have easy access to altar boys.

@Subteigh you are just another lefty deviant with a hardon against religion aren't you, kekw.
    Last edited by SGF; 04-13-2021 at 04:03 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    H!tler (EIE) was catholic, him & Mussolini (SLE) stood against the communists who threatened to kill the Pope and end Catholicism, if you'd be aware what communists did to religious people in Russia and Eastern Europe you'd understand why ppl here today are more religious compared to western Europe & why the church didn't rly have much of a choice.

Ppl make it sound like Catholicism is soo bad, the issue rly is that priests aren't allowed to marry so the position is often coveted by pedophiles and deviants who don't want to become fathers. <== the source of the abuse and pedophilia. Its simple they have easy access to altar boys.

@Subteigh you are just another lefty deviant with a hardon against religion aren't you, kekw.
    I'm not sure what I have to dowith anything.

The simple fact is, the head of the Catholic Church could have done more to ensure that a significant population actively fought against the Nazis, and used its measures to denounce them.

H!tler could easily have been excommunicated.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what I have to dowith anything.

The simple fact is, the head of the Catholic Church could have done more to ensure that a significant population actively fought against the Nazis, and used its measures to denounce them.

H!tler could easily have been excommunicated.
    You seem to have some kind of weird bias thinking the Germans were "the baddies" and thats all there is to it.. I guess that's what the winners learn about ww2. You somehow fail to consider that a lot of people loved and admired H!tler and Germany back then be4 the atrocities during ww2 were known. Ofc, all sides committed varying degrees of atrocities from the English firebombing German cities to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to Jewish concentration camps, the mass rape and murder of German women by the invading Russian army, yet the losers obviously have to be the baddies.

Germany at the time, same as today was Europe's economic and military powerhouse (I guess nothing changed). It would have been suicidal and also kind of dumb on some levels to stab your only ally in the back while an entire army of ppl who have virtually eradicated Orthodox Christianity in Russia is marching on your location.. Be4 the USSR, the axis powers had very real chances of winning the war and rectifying a lot of wrongs committed against them after WW1. To look at a highly complex situation with multiple actors who have their own goals and motivations and reduce the situation to "the losers were obviously the bad guys, because x reason" is overly simplistic. The church had very good reasons to stay quiet and hope the soviets don't reach the Vatican.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You seem to have some kind of weird bias thinking the Germans were "the baddies" and thats all there is to it.. I guess that's what the winners learn about ww2. You somehow fail to consider that a lot of people loved and admired H!tler and Germany back then be4 the atrocities during ww2 were known. Ofc, all sides committed varying degrees of atrocities from the English firebombing German cities to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, to Jewish concentration camps, the mass rape and murder of German women by the invading Russian army, yet the losers obviously have to be the baddies.

Germany at the time, same as today was Europe's economic and military powerhouse (I guess nothing changed). It would have been suicidal and also kind of dumb on some levels to stab your only ally in the back while an entire army of ppl who have virtually eradicated Orthodox Christianity in Russia is marching on your location.. Be4 the USSR, the axis powers had very real chances of winning the war and rectifying a lot of wrongs committed against them after WW1. To look at a highly complex situation with multiple actors who have their own goals and motivations and reduce the situation to "the losers were obviously the bad guys, because x reason" is overly simplistic. The church had very good reasons to stay quiet and hope the soviets don't reach the Vatican.
    There's so much bad reasoning and false information in this post that I'm going to give up before I start.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

weirdos <3

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    There's so much bad reasoning and false information in this post that I'm going to give up before I start.
    You are just some American idiot when it comes to these things. IF this were about business I would strongly consider what you have to say, otherwise no.
    Last edited by SGF; 04-14-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    How can sex-trafficking pedophiles be running the government when they're all running the church?
    If you don't think they are in high places of the government as well as the church, then you are naïve and ill-informed. Deep state and deep church are the ugly reality.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The history of the Church has been one that has condoned genocide, feudalism, slavery, imperialism etc. but that does not change the fact that the Church recognised that it had some moral obligations that it failed to uphold.

People in distant lands fought against such actions or otherwise aided the victims. The Church despite having hundreds of millions of loyal followers and being very rich did very little of benefit. It did not excommunicate H!tler or other high ranking Nazis, it did not excommunicated priests who aided them. It could have much done more to encourage followers to fight for the noble cause or otherwise aid the victims.

You say it would have been suicidal, and yet countries did fight and beat the Nazis with little help from the Church. Why should others be concerned about how the Church is treated when it supported dictators and cared little about its moral obligations?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The history of the Church has been one that has condoned genocide, feudalism, slavery, imperialism etc. but that does not change the fact that the Church recognised that it had some moral obligations that it failed to uphold.

People in distant lands fought against such actions or otherwise aided the victims. The Church despite having hundreds of millions of loyal followers and being very rich did very little of benefit. It did not excommunicate H!tler or other high ranking Nazis, it did not excommunicated priests who aided them. It could have much done more to encourage followers to fight for the noble cause or otherwise aid the victims.

You say it would have been suicidal, and yet countries did fight and beat the Nazis with little help from the Church. Why should others be concerned about how the Church is treated when it supported dictators and cared little about its moral obligations?
    I don't know, you are talking to the wrong man about morality. I'm a dirty wrathful unapologetic sinner you know. They could have done it after the communist wave stopped at Hungray and western leaders basically sucked LSI Stalin's cock as thx for saving their asses. Beats me why not.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't know, you are talking to the wrong man about morality. I'm a dirty wrathful unapologetic sinner you know. They could have done it after the communist wave stopped at Hungray and western leaders basically sucked LSI Stalin's cock as thx for saving their asses. Beats me why not.
    What do you predict would have happened to Europe if the Catholic Church had assisted Britain and France in their war against Germany after the Nazi invasion of Poland?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you predict would have happened to Europe if the Catholic Church had assisted Britain and France in their war against Germany after the Nazi invasion of Poland?
    Most likely not much different outcome for Europe. Mussolini however would have probably taken the opportunity to get rid of the Catholic Church considering he was an atheist who saw religion as a mental illness. It would have been a "they are no longer useful" situation.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Most likely not much different outcome for Europe. Mussolini however would have probably taken the opportunity to get rid of the Catholic Church considering he was an atheist who saw religion as a mental illness. It would have been a "they are no longer useful" situation.
    H!lter was probably an atheist too, certainly not a Christian.

One person who was not an atheist was Stalin.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H!lter was probably an atheist too, certainly not a Christian.

One person who was not an atheist was Stalin.
    Most of these people at the time weren't really sincerely religious, this includes H!tler, Mussolini and Stalin. They seemed to think in terms of Darwinism, science and creating a "new man", survival of the fittest and the will to life were at the forefront of thought at the time. Stalin was raised as orthodox Christian, however he was like any materialist communist. H!tler didn't attend mass and like Mussolini being a Catholic was advantageous, however their own personal thoughts on the matter seem to favor emerging science and atheism. They way I see it was in the Catholic church's best interest to play along and hope to survive. At the time it was probably the best move considering what happened to Orthodox Christianity in Russia.

not that it matters much now since the religion is screwed since Vatican II. The new Pope might as well be a protestant liberal. The moment atheist liberals around me started saying "I like this new pope.." I knew shit was fucked.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Most of these people at the time weren't really sincerely religious, this includes H!tler, Mussolini and Stalin. They seemed to think in terms of Darwinism, science and creating a "new man", survival of the fittest and the will to life were at the forefront of thought at the time. Stalin was raised as orthodox Christian, however he was like any materialist communist. H!tler didn't attend mass and like Mussolini being a Catholic was advantageous, however their own personal thoughts on the matter seem to favor emerging science and atheism. They way I see it was in the Catholic church's best interest to play along and hope to survive. At the time it was probably the best move considering what happened to Orthodox Christianity in Russia.

not that it matters much now since the religion is screwed since Vatican II. The new Pope might as well be a protestant liberal. The moment atheist liberals around me started saying "I like this new pope.." I knew shit was fucked.
    Stalin wrote privately of his belief in God, so it is likely he had a sincere belief in God:
    http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki..._an_atheist%3F

Darwin thought nature was cruel, not something to be imitated.

The way I see it, is that you are judged on your actions. If you don't act when it matters, then in what sense are you surviving?

I think Catholicism was "fucked" when it condoned genocide, feudalism, slavery, imperialism etc.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stalin wrote privately of his belief in God, so it is likely he had a sincere belief in God:
    http://www.freethoughtpedia.com/wiki..._an_atheist%3F
    thats interesting a religious man leading atheists who are hellbent on eradicating religion.

Darwin thought nature was cruel, not something to be imitated.
    Other people obviously thought differently.

The way I see it, is that you are judged on your actions. If you don't act when it matters, then in what sense are you surviving?
    Those who survive and spread their genes are strong. The way they survive is irrelevant, only surviving long enough to spread counts. Being moral is something else. It can be a good strategy tho.

I think Catholicism was "fucked" when it condoned genocide, feudalism, slavery, imperialism etc.
    Ok. By that measure any religion including the absence of it, aka atheism is "fucked". Except Jainism.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Those who survive and spread their genes are strong. The way they survive is irrelevant, only surviving long enough to spread counts. Being moral is something else. It can be a good strategy tho.
    That depends purely on whether or not you have that view.

Ok. By that measure any religion including the absence of it, aka atheism is "fucked". Except Jainism.
    Atheism is simply a lack of belief in the existence of gods. It does not include any tenets about what to condone or condemn.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in the existence of gods. It does not include any tenets about what to condone or condemn.
    >) yet people with those ideas in their heads committed genocide, were fascist & communist leaders. Groups of atheists tortured and killed people en masse all in the name of atheism and hatred for religion. Get off your moral high horse lmao, what a joke.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

>) yet people with those ideas in their heads committed genocide, were fascist & communist leaders. Groups of atheists tortured and killed people en masse all in the name of atheism and hatred for religion. Get off your moral high horse lmao, what a joke.
    A lack of belief in something is not an idea, but a lack of belief.

Belief or disbelief in gods has no bearing on committing genocide.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lack of belief in something is not an idea, but a lack of belief.

Belief or disbelief in gods has no bearing on committing genocide.
    ¬‿¬ excuses, just accept the fact that man is a beast, a potential abomination which will use any excuse even his disbelief in gods as a shield for the horrors he wishes to enact upon other living things in the name of his ideals or lust for power.

One cannot be a Marxist Communist for example and a theist, the communist manifesto prohibits it and even modern day Marxists refuse to accept anyone into their ranks (but are allowed to cooperate with) who is anything other than a materialist atheist due to religion supporting the ruling class, which is why they seek to dismantle any religion by force of violence.

The result in Russia alone was that 21 million people died in repression, persecution and “terror famines” after 1917, including 106,000 Orthodox clergy shot during the 1937-8 Great Purge. A total of 422 Catholic priests were executed, murdered or tortured to death during the period, along with 962 monks, nuns and laypeople, while all but two of the Catholic Church's 1240 places of worship were forcibly turned into shops, warehouses, farm buildings and public toilets.

I remember the day my father walked me into Church for the first time as a kid, because the Romanian government forbid religious practice, so I was baptized only at an older age due to state sanctioned persecution of the religious at the time.

As a backlash to these events people in Russia and former soviet satellite states are highly religious. Personally I find it difficult to care about religion and am technically an atheist myself mainly out of disinterest and lack of faith.. ^^ but I'm not dumb enough to rationalize away the historical violence committed by materialist atheists.
    Last edited by SGF; 04-16-2021 at 04:19 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    This pastor gave me such a lift. I am so glad he recorded this!

"Out, Nazi, out! Out!"

[2 min. 20 seconds] https://stateofthenation.co/?p=58950\
    This is what people want from their "church" metaphorically speaking. They don't want cupcakes and kumbaya, they want meaning, purpose, and an iron clad definition of what is the good, beautiful, and true. Or to put it shortly, an actual religion! Tis a most insidiously ingenious play the devil has made in convincing far too many a pastor and priest that the key to filling those pews is to not offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Not exactly but pedos are kind of the ideal followers/pawns of Satan. I could write a whole dissertation as to how and why the prince of lies would totally dig it in regards to whom he imagines as his most ideal cannon fodder in his war against God.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    oy gevalt!
    As a man who knows about that part of history more than most sadly, well, the correlation between commies and those who use that phrase was too darn significant for anyone with half a brain cell to ignore.

Well, as the meme goes: "And then suddenly, for no reason at all..."

Weimar Berlin is a thing I encourage all who question the validity of that meme to earnestly study. "Medicine girls" in particular. Oh, oh yeah, you'll "get it" after you fully grasp/learn of that one. Double irony points: Of course the Devil makes it sound like its a beneficial thing...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

¬‿¬ excuses, just accept the fact that man is a beast, a potential abomination which will use any excuse even his disbelief in gods as a shield for the horrors he wishes to enact upon other living things in the name of his ideals or lust for power.

One cannot be a Marxist Communist for example and a theist, the communist manifesto prohibits it and even modern day Marxists refuse to accept anyone into their ranks (but are allowed to cooperate with) who is anything other than a materialist atheist due to religion supporting the ruling class, which is why they seek to dismantle any religion by force of violence.

The result in Russia alone was that 21 million people died in repression, persecution and “terror famines” after 1917, including 106,000 Orthodox clergy shot during the 1937-8 Great Purge. A total of 422 Catholic priests were executed, murdered or tortured to death during the period, along with 962 monks, nuns and laypeople, while all but two of the Catholic Church's 1240 places of worship were forcibly turned into shops, warehouses, farm buildings and public toilets.

I remember the day my father walked me into Church for the first time as a kid, because the Romanian government forbid religious practice, so I was baptized only at an older age due to state sanctioned persecution of the religious at the time.

As a backlash to these events people in Russia and former soviet satellite states are highly religious. Personally I find it difficult to care about religion and am technically an atheist myself mainly out of disinterest and lack of faith.. ^^ but I'm not dumb enough to rationalize away the historical violence committed by materialist atheists.
    Stalin was a Marxist Communist and a theist. It seems that it was organized religion he especially objected to.

One reason I could not follow the god of the bible is because I am opposed to genocide and torture.

Christianity has historically been a monotheistic religion that has been very violent and intolerant against those who think differently, even against those who also call themselves Christians.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stalin was a Marxist Communist and a theist. It seems that it was organized religion he especially objected to.

One reason I could not follow the god of the bible is because I am opposed to genocide and torture.

Christianity has historically been a monotheistic religion that has been very violent and intolerant against those who think differently, even against those who also call themselves Christians.
    hmm the reason I'm not a Christian tbh is because Christianity at it's core is slave morality much like communism is and modern day Christians on top of that are highly liberal. For example the church I socially supposedly belong to has a female priest, they are pro LGBTQ and preach tolerance, liberal values. Its just highly off-putting, plus I could never agree with being a peaceful Christian myself. Turn the other cheek imo is a good way to lose long term.

Today I went to church for the first time in a decade (my grandmother died) and it reminded me of why I stopped going. The congregation seems to be dying as well tbh, there were only old ppl there.

Imo after Vatican II, the Catholic church has failed as well, protestants have been a failure from the start..

Even if I were to believe in something akin to Brahman (a God).. I would never become a Christian again. I have no ill feelings towards Christianity, I just think it killed itself and its better to move on.
    Last edited by SGF; 04-18-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typos

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hmm the reason I'm not a Christian tbh is because Christianity at it's core is slave morality much like communism is and modern day Christians on top of that are highly liberal. For example the church I socially supposedly belong to has a female priest, they are pro LGBTQ and preach tolerance, liberal values. Its just highly off-putting, plus I could never agree with being a peaceful Christian myself. Turn the other cheek imo is a good way to lose long term.

Today I went to church for the first time in a decade (my grandmother died) and it reminded me of why I stopped going. The congregation seems to be dying as well tbh, there were only old ppl there.

Imo after Vatican II, the Catholic church has failed as well, protestants have been a failure from the start..

Even if I were to believe in something akin to Brahman (a God).. I would never become a Christian again. I have no ill feelings towards Christianity, I just think it killed itself and its better to move on.
    I don't mind aspiring towards peace, I just don't think the Christian message on the whole is a peaceful one, at least according to scripture and history.

I also cannot force myself to believe something that I know isn't true or which cannot be shown to be true.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Initially Pius XII was skeptical about the veracity of the reports, as were leading figures in the Allied governments. But by the end of 1942, few “could seriously doubt that the Germans had, indeed, embarked on a final solution of the Jewish ‘problem,’ as they called it.” But instead of speaking out against anti-Semitism and the murder of Jews in Eastern Europe, the pope refrained from public comment. He came the closest in an annual address to the College of Cardinals, when he spoke of victims who were “destined sometimes, even without guilt on their part, to exterminatory measures,” and in his Christmas message of 1942, when he declared, “Humanity owes this vow to those hundreds of thousands who, without any fault of their own, sometimes only by reason of their nationality or race, are marked down for death or gradual extinction.” At the same time, the potential strength of the pope’s message was diluted through his use of the burdened term “crusade,” as he called for a “holy crusade” against those who declare war on the “darkness of alienation from God,” highlighting the fact that the Church had “always condemned the various systems of Marxist socialism.” As several historians have concluded on the basis of documentary evidence from the time, “no one, certainly not the Germans, took [the 1942 Christmas address] as a protest against their slaughter of the Jews.”

Faced with the Holocaust’s brutality, other members of the Catholic upper hierarchy limited themselves to condemning “human suffering” in the most general terms. The furthest that German bishops felt comfortable going was to inform the faithful that “killing is in itself a wrong,” and that Catholics should have special regard for “the innocent people who are not of our Volk and blood,” whom the bishops defined as “the resettled,” “prisoners,” and “foreign workers.” This same text, which studiously avoided any mention of the Jews, did say that racially mixed marriages were indissoluble—something that was in direct contradiction to the Nuremberg laws, and something that, again, demonstrated the Church’s special concern for Catholics and Catholic converts. As murderous violence raged under their windows, the papal nuncios to Slovakia, France, and Hungary all informed the Holy See of their disapproval of violent persecutions of Jews, even as they noted that a moderate “containment” of Jews was advisable, given their disproportionate influence in European society. Civiltà Cattolica, along similar lines, approved of the Hungarian government’s decision to limit the rights of Jews in economic and intellectual life by asserting that Hungary was within its full rights to take measures to ensure the “defense of national traditions, and the defense of the true liberty and independence of the Hungarian people.” Hungary’s anti-Semitic laws, according to the Jesuit journal, were praiseworthy in that they assisted with the fortification of this Central European “Catholic nation.”

It is important not to oversimplify the reaction of Pius XII and the Holy See to the Holocaust. In some cases and under certain conditions, the pope did intervene, with studied caution, to assist Jewish and Catholic refugees. In one famous case, the pope attempted to facilitate the emigration of Jewish converts to Catholicism from Germany to Brazil. He also provided a small sum of money—about $2,000—to assist Jewish converts to Catholicism in Vienna. When it came to the deportation of Jews from Slovakia and Hungary, the pope intervened repeatedly. However, the fact remains that the Vatican could have done more to assist Jewish refugees across the continent. Not only did Pius XII and other papal officials fail to speak out clearly to condemn German atrocities; they also did not share in a timely manner the information they were receiving about the Holocaust, or provide financial assistance to a range of organizations (including Catholic resistance organizations) that were working to protect Jews on the ground.
    A Twentieth-Century Crusade: The Vatican's Battle to Remake Christian Europe by Giuliana Chamedes