Thread: What I don't Like About Socionics

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What I don't Like About Socionics

Last edited by jason_m; 04-03-2021 at 03:17 PM.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Here's what I don't like: assume socionics gives out 'degrees.' If they are given out, they are not given out based on skill or merit, but purely based on temperament. Assume I am 'EII' because I am a sensitive, melancholic person: the theory 'gives me' a bachelor of arts in English or psychology and a minor or certificate in business. I then have an 'advisor' (i.e., dual) who is there to teach me how to succeed as a businessman. The problem is that all of those things are not what I want to pursue - I respect the arts, I love the sciences, and I couldn't give a hoot about business. Given that I have my Bsc in Computer Science with a math minor, I am skilled as a scientist, but if I am EII, the theory rewards me as an arts major - something that I have respect for but don't want to pursue.

Now look at the opposite: 'SLE.' Apparently - for reasons I don't understand - that type is skilled as a 'scientist' or 'engineer' because they have 'Ti.' You tell me that that type is described any differently from a truck driver or bricklayer and that they therefore have any abstract reasoning skills at all... If we are exact opposites, maybe neither of us are logically skilled, but perhaps that is not true. Perhaps I am the one with logical skill and they are not. Even with the 'LSIs,' I wouldn't be surprised if that is often someone simply in the skilled trades or hands-on jobs.

Even the MBTI: what type of *temperament* you have can make the difference between being a bus driver and being an accountant or CEO.

I would even say that Holland's Code is a little bit misguided, because it doesn't reward people based on skill at all. However, in both the MBTI and socionics 'careers' are not handed out based on skill or interest , but merely temperament. Now, you tell me that any of this is right...

What do you think?
    I think you're right. Your type, even if it's the correct one (assuming you're not mistyped, which is the most common), is not enough data for one to try to guide one's life based on. Of course, it can give you insights into your natural inclinations, but it's like trying to send a missile to a foreign enemy based on a world map information solely.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> I am EII, the theory rewards me as an arts major - something that I have respect for but don't want to pursue.

Your type can be other than you think. I'm not sure in EII until will see your video.
    Socionics tells where you have higher abbilities (strong functions) and what regions you value/like more (quadra functions). Other is secondary.

1) What you like more relates to your values, but not strong regions. Strong regions is where you are easier to get good results and about what think more. What Socionics recommends is do not deal with weak nonvalued regions and pay more of the attention on strong regions activity as you have better general abbilities there. To become a box trainer for EII would not be recommended, or to be realistic style sculptor - that relates to Se much, to be math researcher or an accountant - Ti. Classical approach in Socionics is to recommend to have occupations by ego functions, and what it has against weak valued regions that this is harder to have good results.
    2) "Art" is rather wide term. For example, music art relates mostly to F, while paint art to S. Different styles of art may have own inclinations. Imressionists in paint are shifted to N, while realistic approach to S. And for E/I functions variants may exist differences.
    3) "Computer science" is wide too. There is a lot what you may do with computers. In case of a programming - more Ti and N. EII, _in average_, would like a programming lesser than literature or messing with people. While Fe types may like a programming more.

Also, besides Jung types you may have other factors of predispositions to do something and to have interests. For example. Not all people are gifted in musical understanding and this is doubtful to relate to Jung type. So someone with T type may be gifted in music more than most people. To have F and musical gift in the same human would gave best abbility, but not always that is matched.
    With higher general IQ - you are easier to get results in weak regions. You try that and start to get good results, you get people in that occupation and may value them. You may like all this situation itself, though that can be not because of your abbilities predisposition.

Business associates mostly with money (Se) seeking, than with objective use or how to act by optimal way (Te). EII from duals expect not money or those be richy people with diamond rings. They expect reasonbly organised (Te) and comfortable (Si) life.
    Duals may EII help to think better, instead of decisions made by emotions. To better deal with physical environment and own body. Mainly from the point of valued Te/Si regions.