Thread: The Future of the Office

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Future of the Office

COVID has forced many businesses to allow some of their workers to work from home. Now that vaccines are available, these remote workers can once again return to the office. There are many pros and cons to working remotely vs working in an office.

If you had the choice, would you prefer to work in an office or work from home, and why would you prefer one over the other?

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half and half probably. I like getting out of the house and going somewhere a few days a week, but not every day. My job does work better in person, though.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd prefer to work in an office because I like my home to stay my home and not feel molested by a business. Also when u work from home then stop- it kinda feels unhealthy and like nothing moved or there was no natural 'revolution' (to me anyway) but it would probably depend on what I was doing I guess.

Also I don't know it's a TE polr thing or just a me thing but I am one of those people that does not like 'bringing work back to home' with me- if I'm at home I like to enjoy my home and not talk or think about work ppl. I am kind of just coldly indifferent to work ppl usually lol.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    COVID has forced many businesses to allow some of their workers to work from home. Now that vaccines are available, these remote workers can once again return to the office. There are many pros and cons to working remotely vs working in an office.

If you had the choice, would you prefer to work in an office or work from home, and why would you prefer one over the other?
    I'd want the flexibility to choose.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo the office sucks, I'd rather work alone. Every office environment I have ever worked at was the open office variant and people get on each-other's nerves, constant office drama is annoying af and it gets hard to get things done.
    With covid I created a VPN tunnel into our server from the outside and we bought laptops for key people, so they can tunnel in to the server and remote control their office computers as well from home. That stuff has been used on several critical occasions thus far, including my own situation now that I got infected with COVID.

meanwhile me and the bois on lunch break..

@Adam Strange I literally have covid. By some miracle I managed to pre-emptively avoid infecting my coworkers. Grandma died tho, RIP. AMA

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Home. There aren't as many people there.

I don't actually exist on the forums. This is an illusion caused by a mixture of COVID isolation, anxiety about the war in Ukraine, and the late nights caused by those two events. That's why I have war-like characteristics and/or anxiety. Move along.
    Last edited by Clarke; 01-28-2023 at 07:04 PM.