Thread: The Future of the Office

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1077 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Future of the Office

COVID has forced many businesses to allow some of their workers to work from home. Now that vaccines are available, these remote workers can once again return to the office. There are many pros and cons to working remotely vs working in an office.

If you had the choice, would you prefer to work in an office or work from home, and why would you prefer one over the other?

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe at home if I'm alone, otherwise outside

The Self is temporary but xSFxs are eternal one's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home 100% - I’m more productive here and going to the office would not add any value to my work.

If I would have to go back to the office to work I’ll resign from this job and find another one that will let me work remotely.
    R

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half and half probably. I like getting out of the house and going somewhere a few days a week, but not every day. My job does work better in person, though.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd prefer to work in an office because I like my home to stay my home and not feel molested by a business. Also when u work from home then stop- it kinda feels unhealthy and like nothing moved or there was no natural 'revolution' (to me anyway) but it would probably depend on what I was doing I guess.

Also I don't know it's a TE polr thing or just a me thing but I am one of those people that does not like 'bringing work back to home' with me- if I'm at home I like to enjoy my home and not talk or think about work ppl. I am kind of just coldly indifferent to work ppl usually lol.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    COVID has forced many businesses to allow some of their workers to work from home. Now that vaccines are available, these remote workers can once again return to the office. There are many pros and cons to working remotely vs working in an office.

If you had the choice, would you prefer to work in an office or work from home, and why would you prefer one over the other?
    I'd want the flexibility to choose.

TIM
    ESI-Fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mindset is similar to BandD's. The switch into *professional mode* is easier when my surroundings are congruent. Kitchen bench/ ethernet cable around my ankles/ trying to connect to Anydesk does not work for me...

The office provides my structure - that includes the walk to and from there. Once I arrive home though, I'd like to unwind/disengage completely

thought criminal shotgunfingers's Avatar
    TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo the office sucks, I'd rather work alone. Every office environment I have ever worked at was the open office variant and people get on each-other's nerves, constant office drama is annoying af and it gets hard to get things done.
    With covid I created a VPN tunnel into our server from the outside and we bought laptops for key people, so they can tunnel in to the server and remote control their office computers as well from home. That stuff has been used on several critical occasions thus far, including my own situation now that I got infected with COVID.

meanwhile me and the bois on lunch break..

@Adam Strange I literally have covid. By some miracle I managed to pre-emptively avoid infecting my coworkers. Grandma died tho, RIP. AMA