Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CV arm poke

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my second dose of Moderna Saturday morning. Aside from a very sore arm and tiredness (granted it had been a long week for me), I didn't have any side effects. It was the same with the first dose: sore arm from the jab and more tired than usual.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my second dose after work yesterday.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and an extremely sore arm. In fact, my arm was so sore that I couldn’t even open a bottle of Gatorade. I slumped to the floor and almost started crying. It was a real tragedy. After a few moments of feeling sorry for myself, I managed to get the bottle open using a knife.

When I woke up this morning, my fever was gone, and now my arm hurts a lot less than it did last night. Yay

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh the only reason why I got the vaccine is because I heard it makes you infertile. Patiently waiting for my ovaries to fall out so that I can stop using abortion as my primary form of birth control.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Tbh the only reason why I got the vaccine is because I heard it makes you infertile. Patiently waiting for my ovaries to fall out so that I can stop using abortion as my primary form of birth control.
    Since you've talked about wanting to be "normal," I'd assumed you wanted children some day. You don't?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Since you've talked about wanting to be "normal," I'd assumed you wanted children some day. You don't?
    No I do

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still haven’t gotten one. There is a shit ton of peer pressure. Pretty proud of myself, I have to say I’m sure a lot of you think I’m a terrible person, and I care a little bit, but not enough to stab myself with a brand new vaccine, thanks
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I still haven’t gotten one. There is a shit ton of peer pressure. Pretty proud of myself, I have to say I’m sure a lot of you think I’m a terrible person, and I care a little bit, but not enough to stab myself with a brand new vaccine, thanks
    I don’t think you’re a terrible person. There’s a lot of vaccine hesitancy out there. Personally I think that if the vaccine is good enough for Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Kamala Harris, then it’s good enough for me.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my first vaccine a couple days ago! Whoop! Honestly, I thought I would have a bad reaction to it but I was good! I got pfizer. My arm was a bit sore for two days. I just want to travel so badly! I'm going stir crazy

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, honestly the flood of pressure to get the vaccine makes me want to not ever get it. I don’t trust any massive ideological push for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart
    Personally I think that if the vaccine is good enough for Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Kamala Harris, then it’s good enough for me

This is exactly what scares me. None of those people are to be trusted. I’d be less hesitant if one of them were saying they cause cancer.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly what scares me. None of those people are to be trusted. I’d be less hesitant if one of them were saying they cause cancer.

It’s not a matter of trusting politicians. It’s more like would both presidents and their vice presidents, and the rest of the chains of commands be given the vaccine if it was really that risky? I really don’t think so.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t trust any massive ideological push for anything.

I think this is where we disagree. I see this as a public health measure, not an ideological push.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, honestly the flood of pressure to get the vaccine makes me want to not ever get it. I don’t trust any massive ideological push for anything.

I don’t really trust what any politician says... People claim trump is a liar, but I think that the majority, if not all of them, aren’t the most honest of people. There’s always more going on behind the scenes than what they show to the public, that’s for sure. I know plenty of conspiracy theorist, and I don’t really consider myself one, but I do think far too many people just eat up what the media is telling them. But, yes, I sincerely think there’s something funny about all this, myself.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t really trust what any politician says... People claim trump is a liar, but I think that the majority, if not all of them, aren’t the most honest of people. There’s always more going on behind the scenes than what they show to the public, that’s for sure. I know plenty of conspiracy theorist, and I don’t really consider myself one, but I do think far too many people just eat up what the media is telling them. But, yes, I sincerely think there’s something funny about all this, myself.
    “Conspiracy theorist” is unfortunately such a loaded term that when it’s invoked, people turn off their brains. If you or anyone else ever comes to the DFW area, I’ll take you to the JFK museum in Dallas and you can look out the window he was supposedly shot from, and compare that to footage of the killing. There’s absolutely no way Oswald was the killer; it’s not physically possible, and it’s not a situation where you can go “well, who knows...” I find that seeing this sort of thing with one’s own eyes really gets through to people. When it’s so obvious Oswald wasn’t the killer, what’s going on with the Warren Commission report? It’s clear that people in the government and intelligence were interested in obscuring who killed him, and for what reason — why? That sort of thing can really shake a certain kind of worldview.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Conspiracy theorist” is unfortunately such a loaded term that when it’s invoked, people turn off their brains. If you or anyone else ever comes to the DFW area, I’ll take you to the JFK museum in Dallas and you can look out the window he was supposedly shot from, and compare that to footage of the killing. There’s absolutely no way Oswald was the killer; it’s not physically possible, and it’s not a situation where you can go “well, who knows...” I find that seeing this sort of thing with one’s own eyes really gets through to people. When it’s so obvious Oswald wasn’t the killer, what’s going on with the Warren Commission report? It’s clear that people in the government and intelligence were interested in obscuring who killed him, and for what reason — why? That sort of thing can really shake a certain kind of worldview.
    Yes, very true that people turn off their brains...Information can be labeled as a conspiracy to discredit whoever is giving it, like what is now coming out about the Wuhan lab and how the media has basically flipped from calling it a ‘conspiracy theory’ to now saying that it’s likely...it seems conspiracy is just whatever isn’t following the narrative of what we all are suppose to believe. However, what I mean is, people with too much time on their hands, sitting behind their computer, watching strange YouTube videos and calling me telling me some really bizarre things hey, and I listen, because why not, it could have some truth to it? How am I suppose to know?

I think I have heard about what you are taking about, about Oswald not being the killer. That it was impossible. On a tv show several years back. It’s all pretty interesting, really! I’m sure being there and actually seeing it for yourself would be a pretty cool experience. Yeah, and I think they lie. Who knows how deep it goes and for what kind of purpose. Tbh I don’t think I’d want to be privy to that information because I like living lol. But it is interesting to think about. And to remain cautious about everything ‘they’ tell us .
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had my first and second Pfizer shots in January / February (I was in the second eligible group in my state). The first was fine (just my arm was a bit sore). The second knocked me out for a day (fever, chills, fatigue), which I was prepared for. I haven't seen my family in 2.5 years because I couldn't visit them last year, but they are vaccinated, too, now, so I can see them in July (and traveling abroad is easier when vaccinated). I find the sources who say the vaccine is safe (WHO, JH, CDC, etc.) more trustworthy than those who claim it's unsafe or a Bill Gates conspiracy. I also don't mind being part of a giant clinical trial to move this beyond emergency use. I just want this to be over....
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Got my first vaccine a couple days ago! Whoop! Honestly, I thought I would have a bad reaction to it but I was good! I got pfizer. My arm was a bit sore for two days. I just want to travel so badly! I'm going stir crazy
    Did you get any symptoms after the 2nd shot?
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My face is red and splotchy due to wearing mask all day having to do hard work all bc my state's hospitals are overwhelmed by idiotic dying anti-vaxxers so mask mandates are back. Just letting you all know my sympathy for you is dowwwwwn. And I thought *I* worshipped death. Lol.

It's just dying on a ventilator isn't my favorite way to go...

PS. I don't care how my body reacted to the shot. It's irrelevant to its purpose.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    @fatgurl, you didn’t ask me, but the consensus is that the second shot affects a person more than the first.

In my case, the effect of the Pfizer shot is fatigue.

After the first shot, I was tired for a few hours one day after the shot.

After the second shot I felt fine, no effects for a couple days, and then I fell asleep while driving. I knew I felt tired, but I didn’t think I would black out at 70 mph and hit the guard rail.
    It rearranged the sheet metal on my car and woke me up, but I got home and fell asleep for half a day.
    I also got my car insurance tested. Happily, as it turned out.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    Yeah! That hit me hard. I woke in the middle of the night with the worse tummy ache and I felt chilly. I struggled sleeping. For the rest of the day I felt like I was hit by a bus and felt the flu. I had a headache too. My symptoms only last one day for that shot. I have felt worse but I did stay in bed all day.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    My face is red and splotchy due to wearing mask all day having to do hard work all bc my state's hospitals are overwhelmed by idiotic dying anti-vaxxers so mask mandates are back. Just letting you all know my sympathy for you is dowwwwwn. And I thought *I* worshipped death. Lol.

It's just dying on a ventilator isn't my favorite way to go...
    Hospital beds should be prioritized according to whether or not a person was vaccinated, with the unvaccinated having lower precedence than every other reason for being hospitalized.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the resistance is still going strong in my corner

I haven’t gotten one and still don’t intend to.

‘the unvaccinated’ sounds a bit zombie apocalypse movie-ish, does it not?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hospital beds should be prioritized according to whether or not a person was vaccinated, with the unvaccinated having lower precedence than every other reason for being hospitalized.
    lol. You know you might have a point. Ppl having heart attacks and shit are having trouble getting a bed.

@reverie I get it you might be healthy enough to survive anyway, assuming no bad genetic predispositions

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fatgurl, you didn’t ask me, but the consensus is that the second shot affects a person more than the first.

After the second shot I felt fine, no effects for a couple days, and then I fell asleep while driving. I knew I felt tired, but I didn’t think I would black out at 70 mph and hit the guard rail.
    It rearranged the sheet metal on my car and woke me up, but I got home and fell asleep for half a day.

First, HOLY SHIT I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY. Sweet fuck....

Second, Si PoLR's have 9 lives I swear with the grace of God looking down on them with lady luck on their side sometimes.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fatgurl I heard that drinking lots of water beforehand mitigates some of the symptoms.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    the resistance is still going strong in my corner

I haven’t gotten one and still don’t intend to.

‘the unvaccinated’ sounds a bit zombie apocalypse movie-ish, does it not?

Do you live in a high risk area or near a big city? Mine has the most in my province right now...whoop. I don't think people should be pressured if they don't want to, I still see that as a personal choice. Just I hope that those who choose not to get it don't live in a high covid area is all.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I don't drive so I should be okay with that. I got the 1st one today and my arm is getting more sore by the second. Hopefully I just the get fatigue on the second one and nothing else. Thanks
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First, HOLY SHIT I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY. Sweet fuck....

Second, Si PoLR's have 9 lives I swear with the grace of God looking down on them with lady luck on their side sometimes.
    I’m fine. It is actually very hard to die in a car nowadays. Not like it used to be. Seatbelts, airbags, controlled deformation of the car and integrated roll cages, plus safer guard rails all add up.
    The car bounced off the guardrail, spun sideways and slid to a halt sideways across two lanes of traffic. Fortunately, traffic was light and no one slammed into me.

But yeah. That was Life #5.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you live in a high risk area or near a big city? Mine has the most in my province right now...whoop. I don't think people should be pressured if they don't want to, I still see that as a personal choice. Just I hope that those who choose not to get it don't live in a high covid area is all.
    where I live, it looks similar to Kansas in the Wizard of Oz, if that tells you anything
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m fine. It is actually very hard to die in a car nowadays. Not like it used to be. Seatbelts, airbags, controlled deformation of the car and integrated roll cages, plus safer guard rails all add up.

But yeah. That was Life #5.
    Geezus Christ! I had no idea! Glad you are ok, though!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Who is getting one of the new vaccines?

Why or why not? What's your level of desire for it? Do you really want it or would it be more a matter of necessity that in other circumstances you'd pass on?

What are your concerns, if any?

Where do you look for information?

Answer any or all of those questions or ones I didn't ask. I'm just curious what you all think.
    I am getting my second vaccine in a few hours. its for my and more importantly others safety (because i wont die from it anyway cuz im young and healthy). + so i can go anywhere and not have to worry about covid crap anymore. and it will probably give me access to clubs and other public areas soon when they reopen.

edit: for the people who dont think vaccines are necessary; do you want to potentially have the death of someones parents, grandfather/mother/familymember on your conscience? just because you might not die from it doesnt mean that you cant pass the virus on to someone who will. look at adams parents
    Last edited by Number 9 large; 08-31-2021 at 02:53 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    Geezus Christ! I had no idea! Glad you are ok, though!
    Thanks, @reverie. But I was lucky. Both of my parents died from COVID before there was a vaccine. (hint, hint.)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I kind've want the power to communicate with 5G towers.
    Windows > mac

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we're at it, let's extend this deprioritization to people who smoke, who drink, who drive, and who are overweight. We need a social credit system to determine who's most worthy of living and dying.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we're at it, let's extend this deprioritization to people who smoke, who drink, who drive, and who are overweight. We need a social credit system to determine who's most worthy of living and dying.
    it's not the same, there is an easy way and they won't take it. It's not easy to solve the other problems you list. Bad logic, 4d Ti one. (Is emotion clouding you?)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    it's not the same, there is an easy way and they won't take it. It's not easy to solve the other problems you list. Bad logic, 4d Ti one. (Is emotion clouding you?)
    You can easily not buy cigarettes, alcohol, or fast food. Not doing something requires zero effort, which is more than can be said about finding somewhere to inject you with experimental drugs. Or the government could easily ban all this shit. Undoubtedly it would save lives, and as we all know, any sacrifice is worth it, if it just saves one life! As for cars, I thought we'd collectively agreed that convenience or the ability to make a living be damned; there's a pandemic going on.

Emotion may be clouding me, sure -- I admit a certain feeling of distrust toward experimental drugs made by companies which have killed many people, and being pushed by agencies controlled by these same corporations they supposedly regulate, especially when it seems booster shots are going to be "needed" in perpetuity, especially when the disease they supposedly protect you from is not very dangerous in the first place for most people, and especially when I've already contracted the disease and am now immune anyway, and especially when over 70% of the Israeli population is vaccinated and yet they're experiencing one of the worst hospitalization rates in the world.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can easily not buy cigarettes, alcohol, or fast food. Not doing something requires zero effort, which is more than can be said about finding somewhere to inject you with experimental drugs. Or the government could easily ban all this shit. Undoubtedly it would save lives, and as we all know, any sacrifice is worth it, if it just saves one life! As for cars, I thought we'd collectively agreed that convenience or the ability to make a living be damned; there's a pandemic going on.

Emotion may be clouding me, sure -- I admit a certain feeling of distrust toward experimental drugs made by companies which have killed many people, and being pushed by agencies controlled by these same corporations they supposedly regulate, especially when it seems booster shots are going to be "needed" in perpetuity, especially when the disease they supposedly protect you from is not very dangerous in the first place for most people, and especially when I've already contracted the disease and am now immune anyway, and especially when over 70% of the Israeli population is vaccinated and yet they're experiencing one of the worst hospitalization rates in the world.
    I think I detect a person who would refuse to sign a non-compete contract with their employers.

Sometimes this is good, and sometimes this is bad.

For the record, I don’t sign non-compete documents, either.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Windows > mac
    I use Linux

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can easily not buy cigarettes, alcohol, or fast food. Not doing something requires zero effort
    technically yes, but these things can be addictive. once you are addicted, it is hard to stop. everyone has their coping mechanism to relieve stress. for some this is unhealthy ways like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes or fast food.

taking a vaccine is only a minor inconvenience. nothing compared to a whole lifestyle change. but you do have a point with the social credit system. theres something to be said for that. still, im inclined to agree with adam. if ur too retarded to take the vaccine and you get covid, get in the back of the line. sick and elderly come before people who dont even believe in covid and couldve easily prevented getting sick by simply gettin the vaccine.

+ theres a difference between the hospital situation now vs before covid. theres too little hospital beds/equipment/personnel right now to handle the pandemic, so people who intentionally dont work with the system dont deserve to be in the way of people who oblige with the pleads of the hospitals and governments -> to get fuckin vaccinated. (and ofc other people who get sick from other diseases who need priority.)

prevention is better than curing.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I use Linux
    not anymore you dont

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    technically yes, but these things can be addictive. once you are addicted, it is hard to stop. everyone has their coping mechanism to relieve stress. for some this is unhealthy ways like alcohol, drugs, cigarettes or fast food.

taking a vaccine is only a minor inconvenience. nothing compared to a whole lifestyle change. but you do have a point with the social credit system. theres something to be said for that. still, im inclined to agree with adam. if ur too retarded to take the vaccine and you get covid, get in the back of the line. sick and elderly come before people who dont even believe in covid and couldve easily prevented getting sick by simply gettin the vaccine.
    Swallowing my distrust of these vaccines and voluntarily getting shot would be more difficult than quitting alcohol, personally.

Out of curiosity, if it turns out that getting the vaccine makes you more likely to contract Covid, would you support prioritizing people who chose not to take it?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast