Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: CV arm poke

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Swallowing my distrust of these vaccines and voluntarily getting shot would be more difficult than quitting alcohol, personally.

Out of curiosity, if it turns out that getting the vaccine makes you more likely to contract Covid, would you support prioritizing people who chose not to take it?
    yes, except the reverse is the case, so no.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The entire pandemic and vaccine debacle has been proof that people will disagree over the most basic of reality. Discourse is so polluted that people will end up having to fight over whether or not Afghanistan is a real place and virtually never figuring out what to do about it.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    yes, except the reverse is the case
    Oh, that must be why Israel has so few Covid cases right now.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I use Linux
    I just bought a Linux machine to run free machine-control software on.

The LII computer guy who sold me the machine was happily showing me how to use Linux.

God, I hope I can set this thing up and forget it.

*EDIT*
    Oops. Thread derail. Please ignore.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yes, after a quick google search i saw that it is because the virus mutates, effectively bypassing the vaccin. still, the article says, people who got vaccinated are still less likely to contract the virus than the ones who did not get vaccinated.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Israel is having an upsurge because of the fact that since they vaccinated their population so early they ended up having the immunity wane earlier, along with the delta variant being able to breakthrough better. For a more accurate measure of whether vaccines are effective or not, compare the northeast us with florida (though you can also associate it with more general safety with stuff like masks in general linked vaccination rate).

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in Florida where the virus is rampant and ravaging ICUs. My sister-in-law's sister works in the ER as a doctor and says most of the people in the ICU are young people (like in their thirties) who are intubated and some are begging for the vaccine. Most of the people there who have been vaccinated are elderly people. So the vaccine works but it does not guarantee not getting covid as much as it greatly increases the likelihood of not having complications from covid.

That said, the best way to prevent the spread, regardless of vaccination status, is to wear a mask when indoors in public spaces. I do encourage people to get the vaccine if they can.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Florida is approaching 40,000 COVID deaths. The entire war in Vietnam killed 50,000 Americans in comparison. But it took ten years to do that.

The governor of Florida is either a moron or a criminal.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Florida is approaching 40,000 COVID deaths. The entire war in Vietnam killed 50,000 Americans in comparison. But it took ten years to do that.

The governor of Florida is either a moron or a criminal.
    yea or people in florida are fukin nuts

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yea or people in florida are fukin nuts
    Well, yes. There is that.

Florida Man is a meme for a reason.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, yes. There is that.

Florida Man is a meme for a reason.
    yea u shudnt blame it all on the governor.

clearly some people dont like to be governed and are smarter than the government

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, after a quick google search i saw that it is because the virus mutates, effectively bypassing the vaccin. still, the article says, people who got vaccinated are still less likely to contract the virus than the ones who did not get vaccinated.
    Based on fucking what? Everywhere these "mutants" appear seems to be in the most vaccinated countries.

No one knows anything, and the ones who do are dishonest. For every measure that comes out there's some new explanation for why it's ineffective. There's no endpoint in sight; as long as some form of Covid is around -- which could very well be forever -- the mentality seems to be that pushing vaccines and masks and lockdowns is the answer. And if the virus keeps mutating and evolving? Well, we just need to continue this strategy perpetually. All for a virus that kills less than 1% of the population, most of whom were near death anyway.

None of this came about because people actually care about protecting old people or saving lives. We're collectively happy to throw old people in nursing homes to rot away by themselves; we're happy to eat fast food and drink soda and teach children to do the same even as heart disease is the #1 cause of death in the States; we're happy to design our cities so that deadly automobiles are the only way to traverse them; we're happy to go to war and kill millions of people overseas in proxy wars with Asian powers. Only with Covid have we started caring about the fucking tiny percentage of people that die from it -- who are, again, people who would have died soon anyway. If the media fearmongered half as much about auto accidents, which kill and maim people of all different ages and health, most people wouldn't drive again -- which would actually probably be a net social benefit.

Nothing about the governments' responses to Covid has been rational and honest. Much of it has been ideological -- which in itself is dangerous -- but the powers that be have pragmatic interests as well. I don't believe the massive upward transfer of wealth that occurred during this "pandemic" was unexpected or unplanned. Neither do I believe it's a coincidence that the only path for this bullshit to end seems to be in paying a handful of pharmaceutical companies obscene amounts of money for regular "booster shots" perpetually. Agencies like the WHO and CDC are controlled by pharmaceutical interests -- a fact which used to be universally acknowledged by the "left" and seen as a cause for concern before 2020, and effectively set policies that have nothing to do with medicine, but are matters of ethics and social rights. Whether or not masking or vaccinations or lockdowns "work" is not the same question as whether all society should be forced to use these "solutions" and bear the costs they bring, but no one is given a choice, and no discussion or debate is allowed about whether the costs of these "solutions" should be borne. Instead under the guise of "science" we let unelected corporate rats decide matters of philosophy and law.

What these fuckers say can't be trusted. They and the media have an interest in keeping people terrified of a bad flu, and so anything that comes from them is suspect. If you take a look around you may notice that people aren't exactly dying in the streets. If we didn't have mass media no one would be particularly concerned or think there was anything going around other than a bad flu. Those same mass media, incidentally, don't tend to publicize the fact that getting vaccinated can give you a stroke, or cause you to fall asleep while driving. To me, this sounds more dangerous than getting Covid, but since they won't be called Covid deaths, no one cares; in fact, as you and others in this thread have proved, many people seem to think that people hesitant regarding these side effects deserve to die.

I'm just sick of all this bullshit. Longest two weeks of my life.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Israel is having an upsurge because of the fact that since they vaccinated their population so early they ended up having the immunity wane earlier, along with the delta variant being able to breakthrough better. For a more accurate measure of whether vaccines are effective or not, compare the northeast us with florida (though you can also associate it with more general safety with stuff like masks in general linked vaccination rate).
    Lol good thing booster shots are being made so we can just get booster shots every year for the rest of our lives, then. Good thing we can just wear masks for the rest of human history or until we wipe out Covid and all its variants, whichever comes first. #IFuckingLoveScience!!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuk COVID
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Americans with PhDs are the most reluctant to get vaccinated against COVID, study finds

Its a U

I am the dumb kind. lol

just think, if I die of the Vid, I’m one less ‘stupid’ person to deal with

anyway, I don’t doubt it’s existence, but something fishy is up with all of this. It’s just not right.

trying to guilt trip me, ostracize me, or belittle me isn’t going to work

… I hold no ill feelings about any of this. I just wanted to put in my 2cents
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quebec officially starts their vaccine passports tomorrow! I’m heading to Montreal that weekend so I should be fine. You just need to show certain places that you are vaccinated is all. I had to read up on it just to make sure I would be okay. They even have a digital vaccine passport to show that you are vaccinated if need be.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    Americans with PhDs are the most reluctant to get vaccinated against COVID, study finds

Its a U

I am the dumb kind. lol

just think, if I die of the Vid, I’m one less ‘stupid’ person to deal with

anyway, I don’t doubt it’s existence, but something fishy is up with all of this. It’s just not right.

trying to guilt trip me, ostracize me, or belittle me isn’t going to work

… I hold no ill feelings about any of this. I just wanted to put in my 2cents
    this U shape proves that there is a confounding factor(s), because the relation isnt linear.

if u look at the map from the article it shows the percentage of people who have been vaccinated in each state.

This seems to correlate well with red and blue states:

its probably likely that relatively more people with a phd live in red states, therefore are influenced by the people in red states, who are more antivax. this is probably the real reason. why they live in red states is probably because the taxes on the rich in red states is lower, and people with a phd usually make above average amounts of money im guesssing. the same can be said for the EG (english honorifics) and JD (juris doctor) class. also red states have less population density because they are often more rural, so are arguably less likely to catch covid in the first place than people in the west and east coast who live mostly densely packed cities where covid can spread easily if nobody vaccinates.

so as usual clickbait article that if u dont read well (which most people probably dont) its easy to say: but smart people dont get vaccinated.
    well its better to say, people in red states are more against vaccinations than in blue states and its easy to see why (population density)

this is how propaganda works: most people only read the title and conclude that the smarter you are, the less likely you are to get vaccinated, which isnt true, because the relation isnt linear.

still. most people are not antivax from every education level (outnumbered ranging from 9/1 to 76/24)

and the vast majority of people who are antivax are proportinately high school or less. (for comparison they got the data from 10000 people with phds, which is probably a high proportion of total people with phds in the united states, but compared to the overall population of 328 million that is exactly 0.00304878% of the total US population xd
    Last edited by Number 9 large; 08-31-2021 at 02:47 PM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default no trust

can't trust THEM

not after the Tuskegee experiment

definitely not after flooding USA with bs buzzwords and flip-flopping w no remorse. "vax". "jab". "poke". "antivaxx". double syringe emojis in online bios. "social distancing". more creepy and weird bullshit beyond my scope of explanation. non blue collars foaming at the mouth with glee as family businesses go bankrupt from forced lockdowns. laughing as "trump supporters" die. gloating about using "vaccine passports", liens, asset seizure, etc., to run anyone who doesn't bend the knee into the streets to die. most people know when they're hated. why would I want someone who hates my guts to inject me w shit?
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The authors of that paper have said themselves that there was a concerted effort to make hesitancy prevalence in the PhD group higher than it really is. “We found that people basically used it to write in political … statements,” King said. “So they weren’t genuine responses. They didn’t really complete the survey in good faith.”

The data they gathered was from a Facebook survey. They didn’t ask for proof of the respondents’ educational history.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, I hope I can set this thing up and forget it.
    Is it a server?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am vaccinated, can I be a chimera now?

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I am vaccinated, can I be a chimera now?

Yes

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd die before getting any one of those needles.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonatiuh View Post

Well, at least you understand the deal.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least you understand the deal.
    From a cold? Im not a fat as shit yankee with "no underlying conditions".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just scheduled my booster, I know even though I am vaccinated I could still get COVID....but at least the symptoms will be mild. #IFUCKINGLOVESCIENCE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find rather stressful the pressure put on people to get vaccinated. Or not get vaccinated.

A virus isn't a threat to my life, but a vaccine could well kill me as I'm sensitive to those for some reason. I've made my choice considering risks and benefices.
    I've caught covid twice, maybe thrice. Barely any symptoms to none.

I guess I'm lucky because I cope best by being alone, which seems to be the opposite of the general population. These lockdowns and social distancing have been great for me.
    One thing we seem to forget is that stress is pretty bad for health.
    I remember hearing stuff like "stress kills" all around but now it's only covid killing that we hear about.
    I hope people have found others ways to cope, but I heard the suicide rates were going up. Did not hear details on the matter, covid has all the spotlight.

I wonder what we will think looking back once it's over.
    Yes, there will be a sense of closure someday, whether or not covid goes away.

Just some random musing that I think people don't want of, but anyway.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I’m a stay at home mom and kind of hermit like in that I’m not around others very often. I also don’t watch television hardly ever. But I do read the news every damn day. A lot. But I turned on the news this morning and ‘people who haven’t had a covid shot this and people that haven’t had a covid shot that’, the guilt tripping, the social pressure, the parroting of the media, and when I hear others talking about people who won’t get their shots, I hear ‘baaaa, baaaa’.

Seriously people start talking shit about people that haven’t had their shots like everyone around them is a trump hating liberal like them (same in the election), when there is one standing right beside them keeping their mouth shut. And they are like, where are all these deluded & dumb trump voters. Theses stupid anti-vaxxers.

Here’s one, you shits lol

Anyway, I still adore you all even when you are assholes
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonatiuh View Post
    The more they push, the less I want to get one.

to the death.

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out a relative who was fully vaccinated has COVID now.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been taking an ungodly amount of supplements/vitamins everyday. Also been eating very clean. However cutting back to lose weight hasn’t been in my best interest prob. But I only need to lose 5lbs more. Just impatient about it.

but tbh I have a feeling I’m going to end up getting it this year, in the fall/winter. I wouldn’t be surprised. I see it as a chance to build my immune system.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I found out a relative who was fully vaccinated has COVID now.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's important to get your mandated booster shots so you won't get sick ever again.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've unwillingly had both Pfizer. The second one almost knocks me out, and hurt my foot. Been semi-lame for a month or so.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone please enlighten me about how the 5G transmitter is built. Does the vaccine use AI nanobots to construct the mind-machine interface? Do they have to harvest iron from hemoglobin to build the wireless transmitter, or are does the injection come packed with all the required materials?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone please enlighten me about how the 5G transmitter is built. Does the vaccine use AI nanobots to construct the mind-machine interface? Do they have to harvest iron from hemoglobin to build the wireless transmitter, or are does the injection come packed with all the required materials?
    Um so I googled “mind machine interface” because I had no idea what you were talking about, and I think you need to see this…

https://newageofhealth.com/Dream-Mas...SABEgKX0fD_BwE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, how exactly does the 5G connection happen?
    No one believes this. Intelligence agencies and/or MSM push nonsense narratives like this so that people go "oh, look how stupid this is" and make the jump to "anyone who distrusts the establishment narrative is a moron." Occasionally you get crazy people on Facebook or wherever who swallow anything, because there are always those people about, and this reinforces the illusion that this is an actual belief people -- at least any statistically significant number of people -- hold.

A good example of this is coverage of the Flat Earth "theory," which I saw play out in real time. When I was 13 or so I stumbled across the Flat Earth Society webpage. Even at that age I could recognize it for what it was -- a thought experiment. What if everything we know is a lie? How can we construct an alternative model of reality? The forums had people discussing and arguing fairly advanced mathematics, and their writing was generally comparatively lucid; these were obviously educated people who were having fun. Then several years later, the media found the site, and suddenly everyone starts going "oh my god, can you believe people actually exist who think the earth is flat? How stupid can you be?! As for me, I have never questioned anything I was told; how smart I am for passively accepting anything authorities told me!"

Same idea going on here. People who don't know the first thing about how EM communication or 5G works happily congratulate themselves on not believing the imaginary delusions of imaginary people.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 09-02-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman can we argue about something else? Im getting bored with vaccines

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    @FreelancePoliceman can we argue about something else? Im getting bored with vaccines
    You should probably find another thread for it, but go ahead.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast