Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

This title confused me. At first I wondered why someone was posting a thread about repairing car axles, then I wondered what this had to do with resumes, then I clicked the thread and went "Ohhhhhhh."

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my second dose of Moderna Saturday morning. Aside from a very sore arm and tiredness (granted it had been a long week for me), I didn't have any side effects. It was the same with the first dose: sore arm from the jab and more tired than usual.

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my second dose after work yesterday.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and an extremely sore arm. In fact, my arm was so sore that I couldn’t even open a bottle of Gatorade. I slumped to the floor and almost started crying. It was a real tragedy. After a few moments of feeling sorry for myself, I managed to get the bottle open using a knife.

When I woke up this morning, my fever was gone, and now my arm hurts a lot less than it did last night. Yay

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh the only reason why I got the vaccine is because I heard it makes you infertile. Patiently waiting for my ovaries to fall out so that I can stop using abortion as my primary form of birth control.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Tbh the only reason why I got the vaccine is because I heard it makes you infertile. Patiently waiting for my ovaries to fall out so that I can stop using abortion as my primary form of birth control.
    Since you've talked about wanting to be "normal," I'd assumed you wanted children some day. You don't?
    φιλοκαλοῦμέν τε γὰρ μετ᾽ εὐτελείας καὶ φιλοσοφοῦμεν ἄνευ μαλακίας.

It’s hard to translate this literally and poetically into English, but this is my attempt at a translation: “For we love beauty, that we attain good ends thereby, and we love wisdom, though not in a way that makes us soft, nor that causes us to value weakness.”

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Since you've talked about wanting to be "normal," I'd assumed you wanted children some day. You don't?
    No I do

˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚ aster's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still haven’t gotten one. There is a shit ton of peer pressure. Pretty proud of myself, I have to say I’m sure a lot of you think I’m a terrible person, and I care a little bit, but not enough to stab myself with a brand new vaccine, thanks
    𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I still haven’t gotten one. There is a shit ton of peer pressure. Pretty proud of myself, I have to say I’m sure a lot of you think I’m a terrible person, and I care a little bit, but not enough to stab myself with a brand new vaccine, thanks
    I don’t think you’re a terrible person. There’s a lot of vaccine hesitancy out there. Personally I think that if the vaccine is good enough for Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Kamala Harris, then it’s good enough for me.

TIM
    SEI 6w7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my first vaccine a couple days ago! Whoop! Honestly, I thought I would have a bad reaction to it but I was good! I got pfizer. My arm was a bit sore for two days. I just want to travel so badly! I'm going stir crazy

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, honestly the flood of pressure to get the vaccine makes me want to not ever get it. I don’t trust any massive ideological push for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart
    Personally I think that if the vaccine is good enough for Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Kamala Harris, then it’s good enough for me

This is exactly what scares me. None of those people are to be trusted. I’d be less hesitant if one of them were saying they cause cancer.

It’s hard to translate this literally and poetically into English, but this is my attempt at a translation: “For we love beauty, that we attain good ends thereby, and we love wisdom, though not in a way that makes us soft, nor that causes us to value weakness.”

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly what scares me. None of those people are to be trusted. I’d be less hesitant if one of them were saying they cause cancer.

It’s not a matter of trusting politicians. It’s more like would both presidents and their vice presidents, and the rest of the chains of commands be given the vaccine if it was really that risky? I really don’t think so.

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t trust any massive ideological push for anything.

I think this is where we disagree. I see this as a public health measure, not an ideological push.

TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, honestly the flood of pressure to get the vaccine makes me want to not ever get it. I don’t trust any massive ideological push for anything.

I don’t really trust what any politician says... People claim trump is a liar, but I think that the majority, if not all of them, aren’t the most honest of people. There’s always more going on behind the scenes than what they show to the public, that’s for sure. I know plenty of conspiracy theorist, and I don’t really consider myself one, but I do think far too many people just eat up what the media is telling them. But, yes, I sincerely think there’s something funny about all this, myself.
    𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t really trust what any politician says... People claim trump is a liar, but I think that the majority, if not all of them, aren’t the most honest of people. There’s always more going on behind the scenes than what they show to the public, that’s for sure. I know plenty of conspiracy theorist, and I don’t really consider myself one, but I do think far too many people just eat up what the media is telling them. But, yes, I sincerely think there’s something funny about all this, myself.
    “Conspiracy theorist” is unfortunately such a loaded term that when it’s invoked, people turn off their brains. If you or anyone else ever comes to the DFW area, I’ll take you to the JFK museum in Dallas and you can look out the window he was supposedly shot from, and compare that to footage of the killing. There’s absolutely no way Oswald was the killer; it’s not physically possible, and it’s not a situation where you can go “well, who knows...” I find that seeing this sort of thing with one’s own eyes really gets through to people. When it’s so obvious Oswald wasn’t the killer, what’s going on with the Warren Commission report? It’s clear that people in the government and intelligence were interested in obscuring who killed him, and for what reason — why? That sort of thing can really shake a certain kind of worldview.

TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Conspiracy theorist” is unfortunately such a loaded term that when it’s invoked, people turn off their brains. If you or anyone else ever comes to the DFW area, I’ll take you to the JFK museum in Dallas and you can look out the window he was supposedly shot from, and compare that to footage of the killing. There’s absolutely no way Oswald was the killer; it’s not physically possible, and it’s not a situation where you can go “well, who knows...” I find that seeing this sort of thing with one’s own eyes really gets through to people. When it’s so obvious Oswald wasn’t the killer, what’s going on with the Warren Commission report? It’s clear that people in the government and intelligence were interested in obscuring who killed him, and for what reason — why? That sort of thing can really shake a certain kind of worldview.
    Yes, very true that people turn off their brains...Information can be labeled as a conspiracy to discredit whoever is giving it, like what is now coming out about the Wuhan lab and how the media has basically flipped from calling it a ‘conspiracy theory’ to now saying that it’s likely...it seems conspiracy is just whatever isn’t following the narrative of what we all are suppose to believe. However, what I mean is, people with too much time on their hands, sitting behind their computer, watching strange YouTube videos and calling me telling me some really bizarre things hey, and I listen, because why not, it could have some truth to it? How am I suppose to know?

I think I have heard about what you are taking about, about Oswald not being the killer. That it was impossible. On a tv show several years back. It’s all pretty interesting, really! I’m sure being there and actually seeing it for yourself would be a pretty cool experience. Yeah, and I think they lie. Who knows how deep it goes and for what kind of purpose. Tbh I don’t think I’d want to be privy to that information because I like living lol. But it is interesting to think about. And to remain cautious about everything ‘they’ tell us .
    𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had my first and second Pfizer shots in January / February (I was in the second eligible group in my state). The first was fine (just my arm was a bit sore). The second knocked me out for a day (fever, chills, fatigue), which I was prepared for. I haven't seen my family in 2.5 years because I couldn't visit them last year, but they are vaccinated, too, now, so I can see them in July (and traveling abroad is easier when vaccinated). I find the sources who say the vaccine is safe (WHO, JH, CDC, etc.) more trustworthy than those who claim it's unsafe or a Bill Gates conspiracy. I also don't mind being part of a giant clinical trial to move this beyond emergency use. I just want this to be over....
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12