TIM
    IEE-Ne5w4/1w9/2 SPSX
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Favourite board games

Hello fellow board game nerds!

This thread is for you to share your favourites. Which ones do you recommend? Which ones would you like to try? Let loose with the suggestions !

For my part I'm into classics(chess & go) but I also like the mainstream ones a lot(catan, carcassone, ticket to ride, codenames, pandemic). The more imaginative ones like azul, dixit or concept are also nice. Big strategy games like brass, race for the galaxy or magic the gathering aren't that much my cup of tea.

My favourite one & recommendation: sushi go , a party game that is very easy to set up; with the extended version there is always some fun to have, even when you play with complete beginners!
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

Life is soup. I'm fork

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked sequence. I need to play more board games. I usually play puzzle/single player games though, but board games when I am in the mood, are not bad.

Oh, and I love mastermind, connect 4.

Cards Against Humanity I have played once, and it was really dark humor. So not something I would necessarily play all the time but depending on the group, it can be fun.
    (I honestly don't think I understood all of those cards)

TIM
    SLI-H 6w5 613 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Stratego. I suck at it and it makes me angry but I still come back to it. Go as well for an old school board game. Chess makes me violent. Checkers more so. Candyland is where it's at all in all. Monopoly takes too long and makes me want to strangle something. Haven't played anything else. Now that I think of it, I hate board games.
    "Now is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer. Put your principles into practice – now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better. From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now." - Epictetus