Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are people with a high intelligence born or raised? Or both?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    So using your abilities (tactics) without a plan (strategy) is bad? And having a plan (strategy) without ability (tactics) is the slowest route to victory?

Assuming tactics mean disposing armed forces as in doing the work, an action, and strategy is planning and directing the operations of the military, as in having a goal and a vision and a solid plan.

I assume you meant the quote "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. — Sun Tzu".

However this could also just be my bad interpretation of what others say as usual...
    No, it's that the macroscopic supercedes the microscopic.

Choices you make along the way are small and circumstantial, but your max potential pervades every moment, and is thus of ultimately more import.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 'high IQ,' but in my case, I was not born smart, but rather made myself smart. At a young age, I got really mediocre grades in school. Then I just started pushing myself and my grades and test scores became much higher. All I did to just push myself was just do every bit of homework and dozens of games and exercises everyday. I believe some people are born smart, but some can work hard and improve their intelligence as well...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    the main factor is biological: genes, meal, deseases, etc
    an education studies to use the intelligence so helps with good results too
    I had to read your post over several times, but the more I think about it, the more it just makes sense... (i.e., not being sarcastic: that wasn't bad.)
    Last edited by jason_m; 04-03-2021 at 07:58 PM.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As I have stated before I do not own one particular perception: binocular-visual depth due to ocular muscles. If you deny me using my own workarounds I will be utterly stupid in those tasks. However I can handle 3D geometry in math because those tasks do not impose particular methods. So this is my answer - apply its meaning here.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Fortuna = fortune, fate, factors you can't control

The willingness to learn and having a curiosity strengthens your power to use your liquid intelligence, and also it depends on how much opportunities for gaining different knowledges are given to you.

Stunted by x factor during adolescence = I mean I think that your liquid intelligence can be stunted throughout life, adolescence is usually the time where people discover their interests and find where to focus their intelligences, but some people get into trouble and do not realize their potential, i.e. financial trouble and drugs, and so on
    Curiosity and willingness to learn are most of what's conceived of as "intelligence," or at least their basis. Smart people are mostly people who apply themselves, and stupid people are those who don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12