Thread: Ashlesha/Lungs/Kassie: Gulenko LSI

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    instead of using socionics to see things from his perspective, you are just using you own perception as a peripheral type to judge him. I've seen similar postings by other Se valuing types here, but they were mostly gamma. alpha, especially the nt types, don't give a shit about money. it's literally mentioned in every quadra description. LII have Se as vulnerable function and Te as ignoring function. they are not entrepeneurs. it probably costs him a lot of energy to take care of his team and he could just decide to not give a fuck about a western audience, but instead of being grateful that he even offers a service that maybe a dozen people here use he gets accused of being in it for the money. smh
    You're generalizing too much. LIIs may be less likely than other types to care about money, but everyone has their needs. They're not some robots which only need to rent a room, buy a computer and cheap food to live happily. Ukraine is a very poor country and people there use every opportunity to make some money, over a million of them works in Poland far away from their families so they can live normally and worry less about the future. Gulenko would have to work a couple of months to earn as much as from his typing services.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    They're not some robots which only need to rent a room, buy a computer and cheap food to live happily.
    you described LII pretty well there. (immanuel kant, probably the most famous LII example, never left Königsberg in his life for example).

I mean I understand your point, but a couple of people here made it seem like he just wants to make money which I'm sure is not the case.

when you're an idealistic intuitive with Ti as base, you think a lot about what is necessary and what isn't, and in the end you arrive at the conclusion that you really only need food, shelter, and a way to attain knowledge. the rest is a bonus that is also in the end unnecessary, that you could live without. find an LII and ask him if he cares about how much money he makes. chances are very high that he will tell you he doesn't care. I can guarantee you that.
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 04-23-2021 at 11:54 PM.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    you described LII pretty well there. (immanuel kant, probably the most famous LII example, never left Königsberg in his life for example).

I mean I understand your point, but a couple of people here made it seem like he just wants to make money which I'm sure is not the case.

when you're an idealistic intuitive with Ti as base, you think a lot about what is necessary and what isn't, and in the end you arrive at the conclusion that you really only need food, shelter, and a way to attain knowledge. the rest is a bonus that is also in the end unnecessary, that you could live without. find an LII and ask him if he cares about how much money he makes. chances are very high that he will tell you he doesn't care. I can guarantee you that.
    You write about some extreme examples and make an opinion about a whole spectrum of people who have this type based on it. Also LII values Si, so they unconsciously want sophisticated comforts, "I eat to live, not live to eat" is rather an attitude of Se valuers and unbalanced LIIs who rely too much on their ego functions. It's better to treat socionics types as archetypes, some points on a grid of personality, real people are placed on the same grid chaotically between the types. It's closer to Jung's opinion that a pure type would end up in mental asylum and also closer to current knowledge in psychology. People also differ a lot because of reasons outside of socionics.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it might be an extreme example, I see nothing wrong with the way he lives. If he loves researching and gaining knowledge all day and that makes him happy, I see no reason why he needs "sophisticated comforts". If he also is concerned with climate change, excess and waste might also cause him to wonder why he needs anything extra, and buying unnecessary things may seem gluttonous and pointless. You don't need extra stuff that you don't need or want to fill the void in yourself, you will only return empty. If he really wanted to, he would find an ESE or a SEI to talk to and be friends with to do that for him. Si is not always about "sophisticated comforts", it is about caretaking and managing a homeostasis in the environment around you. That being said, not all LIIs will necessarily be like that, but again there is nothing wrong with living like that.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

consider this: doesn’t he have an EIE wife? I mean I’d think she’d be hardly happy if he didn’t charge. Just think about that...for all we know, she could be pulling his strings
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    consider this: doesn’t he have an EIE wife? I mean I’d think she’d be hardly happy if he didn’t charge. Just think about that...for all we know, she could be pulling his strings

My LII sister had an EIE BF (Semi-dual) for several years. He got her to drop the drugs and cut back on the drinking. She later broke up with him. She told me that she felt he really loved her, but he was bad in bed (Lol - Infantile with Victim - not a great combination) and despite being a pilot and having his own plane, he was so erratic that she knew she'd never be able to live with him for any length of time. She said they'd drive each other crazy.

Just one story from the Naked City.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123