Thread: To all my lovely SEIs

The Self is temporary but xSFxs are eternal one's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s so weird that aside from making this a whirlwind of a thread, you came from being a troubled person to the person who knows the light regarding the issue. It reminds me of some people I have came across with, but I don’t know their type.
    R

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um I didn't get enough sleep and I had headaches for three days... So I made a post complaining and I really was being super serious about it and then everyone thought it was funny and I was so confused as to why people thought it was a joke. And then I got sleep and I cringed too hard, so I had to sound a little smarter to make it more serious, and then I got more sleep and now I think there is too much philosophizing for one thread already. I have mood swings from pessimism to optimism sometimes and I happened to have a really bad moment which clouded my judgement.

Now enjoy some overused memes: Warning: NSFW - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3B7M-3KfrA (let's just pretend I didn't post it shh)

Bye guys, this thread was fun and I enjoyed my time, thank you!

TIM
    ILI INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really think you're SEI? For what aristocratic reason? You are Si polr. Like Musk. I'm gonna go grumble about it elsewhere.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely not Si polr like Musk and I definitely am not a LIE or EIE so I don't know what you've based that on. I don't think I have said anything here that would point toward me being Si polr.

TIM
    ILE-D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be Si role though, from your posts it seems possible you could just be an IEI who's been pushed into Si. One thing I'd like to say is that you shouldn't discount being an Ni dominant because "You're just not good enough at it". Seeing you clearly don't like Si, and seemingly see it more as an "obligation" than a good part of who you are, it might be that people(specifically your ILE ex) just pressured you into it. While I can't exactly define Si and Ni for you, I'd say that the general Si is when you take in information in how you physically feel, while Ni is more about creating intricate scenarios in your head(I haven't talked to enough weak Ni people to know this for sure, but that's what i've generally gathered). Either way though, you should try to look into being an IEI by reading some more descriptions of them and talking with IEI's.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... It does seem to me that both of my parents are intuitive, (mom seems Si devaluing, father seems Si valuing), my ex friend seemed Si valuing (but I don't think she was dominant as she forced me to clean up after her mess, still she seemed able to pick out every single flaw with someone's dressing choices or face, and it was quite annoying). Perhaps I have had to use it more in my life than normal due to these factors.

Considering my ITR's... I don't know so many people in real life, and I suck at typing, (I can narrow it down at least) besides speaking to people online is different from speaking to them in real life.

Still being an IEI doesn't sound quite right... But neither does SEI, so I don't quite know... I try to read up on all the types and all I can conclude is that I am Te Polr, Fe user, etc. The way I write seems to match neither the IEIs or the SEIs on this forum.

One IEI commented that I don't sound IEI at all, so that is one more point towards being SEI, and another one messaged me and never messaged me back, maybe I sounded too boring, one more point toward SEI.

Creating scenarios though, well I imagine myself in situations all the time, (I imagine future interview scenarios, or talking to friends), but it could just be some role Ni stuff going on there. SEIs can still daydream a lot.

Boyfriend swears I am SEI though and doesn't see me as being a IEI, only four potential problems with his typing:

1. I do feel the need to put on a persona in front of him.
    2. He is comparing me with a male IEI that seems to be more into making jokes and laughing at them, and is also quite whiny in comparison to me. My boyfriend states that if I was IEI I would be less forgiving towards him, but I mean... I think there is a difference in how he treats this friend v.s. me.
    3. He can't actually define Ni at all so...
    4. He types anyone he finds dumb and illogical as EIE without question which makes me slightly upset.
    5. Also lives entirely with intuitives in his house, although his brother is an ESE. Did meet a SEI in real life, but he was 10 years old at the time.
    6. We seem to have a hard time talking about anything serious (possible mirage relationship?)
    7. Again, yes I do think of taking care of him as more of a duty than anything else.
    8. Among other weird ill fitting vibes I seem to be getting when we talk outside of serious things

But...
    1. I don't think we can even begin to intellectually match each other the way some IEIs describe it. Feels like I am the dumb one.
    2. He seems to love me a lot and even praises the way I make food or how I show affection... (I did fail a lot at cooking and also it felt tedious, seemed like hours before it was done, and I seemed to create a giant mess at the end.)
    3. Perhaps my caretaking instincts haven't kicked in yet, I haven't actually been with him in real life, but also I am 17.
    4. Si is more about choosing which sensations you don't like or like, so some people with Si don't actually like cooking or cleaning because they prefer other sensations.
    5. I think 17 year olds would have a hard time seeing themselves as caretakers and cooks and being all "sensory" so they mistype themselves.
    6. He doesn't see me as being intuitive at all.
    7. The problems with our relationship could be NTR.

Problems with finding my type:
    1. I quite possibly have chronic depression.
    2. I have a very low self esteem.
    3. I am only 17, and still trying to figure out some of my opinions.
    4. I am too shy and probably won't leave my room to find anyone to talk to in real life because I can't be bothered at the moment.
    5. I never met a SEI... maybe I did meet two or three potential IEIs in real life...
    6. I do not feel like Si is who I am, but I could be wrong and just a really confused SEI.

Too many questions and no definitive answers...
    Maybe I should actually think about productive things instead of worrying about this, but at the same time I want answers for everything.

I guess I will try my best in my spare time to figure it out so that I can release myself from the torture so that I can think more focused, thanks.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also...

Socionics might just be a very bad theory that actually doesn't work, and therefore is a waste of my time.

However, if people can say for sure that it actually helped them, then I can use it as a career advantage and a way to avoid bad situations.

Still, I am super skeptical anyways because the patterns are not quite apparent yet to me, and also others have had too many troubles with this system.

Yet another layer of doubt...

TIM
    IEI 417
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm short on time, so some quick thoughts:
    I don't know whether you're IEI or SEI, but I've observed that you write more like an SEI though that's based on a generalization.
    I like to think of Ni vs Si as homeostasis/balance of the inner OR external situation.
    If you are SEI, then being e4 would accentuate Ni role and increase how much time you spend in the inner world.
    SEIs aren't boring. the person i've been friends with the longest in my life is an SEI.
    Si caretaking can come out in little ways such as (some irl examples)
    -IEE getting overly excited about an idea and ESE telling him to calm down (in a caring manner)
    -SEI commenting I should drink a glass a warm water upon waking, when I had a fever
    you don't necessarily literally have to be taking care of someone.
    Anyway, do you relate to Ne or Se seeking more? I think you just need to understand the IEs more. that just requires a lot of time spent browsing the internet about them.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to neither Ne seeking or Se seeking...

I feel more like I need logical structures to my life... But I don't feel like I need Ne spontaneity or constantly changing plans in my life or Se roughness. I can do everything by myself and I don't need all those weird infantile or aggressor things, I just need to actually focus enough to get things done so I can get to where I want to go, and more importantly, make plans for my week so that I actually do the things I need to do.

I don't think I have ever done any Si caretaking things in my life but that could just be because I am very withdrawn from everything.

My writing style is like this because I feel like my brain is a messy house with dust everywhere, locked rooms, endless hallways that loop around, holodeck chambers where I fantasize about doing things instead of doing things... so on and so on. Logic and writing is how I can organize it so I tend to try to put it out to make more sense of things.

Neither SLEs or ILEs feel like my duals... I'd rather be alone most of the time and not be bothered by anyone at all... But maybe I am just ungrateful for the people in my life.

I am too withdrawn from anything to type with accuracy, but I will just accept a SEI typing and move on because I have tried multiple times to read it all over, and I still don't see myself as either Ne seeking or Se seeking. Besides the fact that I can write about sensory things too easily and my writing style seems not at all IEI. I am just too focused on trying to do what I want to even bother anymore...

So my dual literally doesn't exist because they would be a logical feeler, Ti dominant and Fe creative, so that they don't have all of these plans and ideas that add to my confusion and also not so ethically helpless that they can't express their feelings to me so that I can help them that way. Also I hope that they do not need a lot of attention, because I will be withdrawn from most things.

Haha about the IEE getting overly excited about an idea, I can't even calm down myself half of the time...

Okay, I guess I will try one last time to make sense of it... I feel SEI is about 3/4 times more likely for me now than IEI, so I give up trying to understand how duality is supposed to help me... People just bother me so much and I would rather be alone...

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should gather some life experience and revisit typology in 10 years or so. I don't see the point for teenagers or younger.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by MidnightWilderness; 04-07-2021 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Hmm see y'all in 10 years if I still need it

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehh... In 10 years I will not even bother anymore if everything goes right. Hopefully I can actually pull myself out of my bedroom to actually gain life experiences... Just got to kick my tushy and stop overthinking this shit.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Maybe you should gather some life experience and revisit typology in 10 years or so. I don't see the point for teenagers or younger.
    Yeah I guess, I took an MBTI and other psych tests when I was 14-16(?) but I didn’t really apply what little I knew then.
    R

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    Just got to kick my tushy and stop overthinking this shit.
    That’s the spirit!
    R

TIM
    ILE-D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I'd say about socionics is that the 2 main things that it should, if it's worth any salt, be able to do. The first is to be able to figure out a more "true" version of yourself, so that you can easily point out insecurities, strengths, and generally simplify things enough for you to generally make the right decisions in what to do with yourself, and the second being how to interact with people and understand why they're acting the way they are, i.e. their motivations. The problem with doing the first one is that it's a lot harder when you already have some mental baggage, it's harder to actually use something like this to help yourself out, which would be even worse if you were an IEI and had Se Suggestive making you helpless to actually change anything. What you should probably do then, is try to relive some of that mental baggage by surrounding yourself with people who would be able to help, friends who are mature enough to actually help you, and whom you also enjoy being around. I don't know how many good, close people you have in your life who would help you find more good close people, but try to attach to anything you can to meet new people. All you need is one person to take the initiative of connecting people to you and you'll be able to get pulled out of the hole you're stuck in. Though I do recommend you try to actually connect with people who you at least could meet irl, since online friendships can only give you so much. Also ignore types and all of that, just try to find people you enjoy being with and don't make you uncomfortable(most importantly when you start to get close to them).

TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to mention a thing about subtypes. Subtypes are seriously underrated. The difference between two identical types of different subtypes can be huge. My best friend is ILE-Ne and though we are very similar in life philosophy we're like day and night in attitude. ILE-Ne has strong irrationality and intuition and therefore needs someone who is also irrational and with strong sensation (SEI-Si). He's a very easy going guy, kinda childish demeanor but adultlike in his way of thinking I suppose. ILE-Ti, as far as myself and the other ILE-Ti I know, are more 'balanced' so to speak with the strengthened rationality and sensing. ILE-Ti gives a more severe expression, kinda like LII or even LSI. But the easygoingness shows in interaction. Also in my case at least I never feel the Si-seeking directly, I generally manage Si stuff myself and get it over with. Though that may be related to 1F (confident Physics). It's the Fe kinda positive interaction which is more important to me. Getting help with Si stuff is more like a bonus lol.

At any rate I always get the impression from ILE-Ti as well as SLE-Ti that they are 'all-rounders', meanwhile ILE-Ne and SLE-Se are more exaggerated versions of their base types.
    I have not met enough SEI or IEI subtypes to compare them though. I just know that both IEI-Ni and SEI-Si seem awfully lazy and easy going lol and they are somewhat unemotional at first glance at least the guys I know.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The Banana King

I am pretty sure I am SEI with no subtype, I don't think I could be any IEI and definitely not SEI-Si, that leaves me between SEI-Fe and SEI. However I am not really bubbly with the emotions, not always positive, though it could be depression, I was always the really gothy looking quiet kid (few exceptions where I wasn't), and I am pretty sure I am a little more internalized with the emotions around people I do not trust due to some bad instances of sharing personal emotions...

Also Banana King, I am VELF if that helps, I tend to be obsessed with goals and pretty diehard about them, but I never end up having the momentum to actually start much of anything so I was just... confused at how I could be first will in this system, my emotions are mostly flexible and creative if I pay attention to them, 3rd logic so I can be a bit of a skeptic and sound like a try hard to be smart most of the time (still not 100% sure in Socionics accuracy and I still want to somehow disprove it, a), and 4th physics which is why some people keep saying I am Si polr, it's just that I pay the least attention to it (for a sensor) and I generally need a little help, but not a lot of help as I can do things myself with some effort... Although cooking is a bit of a nightmare because I tend to make messes without fully realizing how bad I did everything. Bit of a pain to think about it still...

I guess if I was SEI-Fe this would explain why I don't feel Ne seeking at all but more Ti seeking? Still some things don't match up for me to be a SEI-Fe, bit too introverted and sluggish for that I think...

TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The Banana King

I am pretty sure I am SEI with no subtype, I don't think I could be any IEI and definitely not SEI-Si, that leaves me between SEI-Fe and SEI. However I am not really bubbly with the emotions, not always positive, though it could be depression, I was always the really gothy looking quiet kid (few exceptions where I wasn't), and I am pretty sure I am a little more internalized with the emotions around people I do not trust due to some bad instances of sharing personal emotions...

Also Banana King, I am VELF if that helps, I tend to be obsessed with goals and pretty diehard about them, but I never end up having the momentum to actually start much of anything so I was just... confused at how I could be first will in this system, my emotions are mostly flexible and creative if I pay attention to them, 3rd logic so I can be a bit of a skeptic and sound like a try hard to be smart most of the time (still not 100% sure in Socionics accuracy and I still want to somehow disprove it, a), and 4th physics which is why some people keep saying I am Si polr, it's just that I pay the least attention to it (for a sensor) and I generally need a little help, but not a lot of help as I can do things myself with some effort... Although cooking is a bit of a nightmare because I tend to make messes without fully realizing how bad I did everything. Bit of a pain to think about it still...

I guess if I was SEI-Fe this would explain why I don't feel Ne seeking at all but more Ti seeking? Still some things don't match up for me to be a SEI-Fe, bit too introverted and sluggish for that I think...
    Wow VELF is so weird for SEI lol. I can't imagine what it's like having 4D Si but 'weak' Physics in the attitudinal psyche sense. So you have strong Si but it's like "out of focus" in your psyche. Physics is my 1st function so it's like I was born bad at Si but I've focused so much on it over the years that I became self-sufficient hahah. To be honest I kinda get the thing about not paying attention to Si stuff even as a Si lead. At least I used to think that there was no way I was Ne-lead because I'm not that extraverted or 'crazy' like the ILE scientist caricature. But then I noticed that my Ne was a really unconscious process going on all the time in my psyche. Like a permanent 'perception' of possibilities, oportunities, ideas always flowing back and forth. It was just so internalized that it didn't stand out to me. Eventually I met a few guys, one ILE-Ti and one SLE-Ti and I noticed this same quirk, both kind of 'ambiverted' and didn't express the Ne/Se outwardly. So I finally decided ILE-Ti for myself.

As for SEI, really the descriptions about them being bubbly and cheerful aren't that accurate lol. I haven't met that many but if feels many SEI are kinda sad-ish. Maybe not depressed but low-key and moody sort of. But I get good vibes when interacting with them, like they hide their sadness and act cheerful around people. I can see the 4F in particular affecting your mood somewhat. 4F is described as being 'melancholic' most of the time, because Physics measures vitality so 3F and 4F may have negative moods more often.

Low self-esteem, not starting tasks, reminds me more of 3V than 1V. But I dunno what introverted types with 1V look like so I can't say for sure. As a 4V and Ne-lead I have the exact opposite problem, love starting tasks but can't follow through hahah
    If you feel Ti seeking and introverted then try to figure out what comes more naturally to you, using Ni or using Si? One of these functions should be 4-dimensional (very skilled, flexible, 'on' most of the time) and the other 2-dimensional (imitative, based on societal expectations).

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it is confusing to be fourth physics and SEI, just kind of strange that it is that way. Hmm I don't really hide my sadness very well most of the time... I only do it because people can get weirded out and things like that. I act cheerful maybe only in the first couple of conversations but then it quickly goes to stress mode and I can't really fake cheerfulness. Yes, but the 3rd function tries to overcompensate all the time, I don't really try to appear strong in will or anything like that, besides I am generally stubborn and more overzealous about wanting to get things done than typical SEI, just it is hard to implement because I am an introverted irrational feeler type. I don't fully understand Ni vs Si, but I am pretty sure I am SEI based on other's opinions about my type. Everything is sort of confusing when you don't have real life experiences and also a 4th physics sensor... But I just think SEI... Would be easier if I could find VELF SEI to compare but I think that would be like finding a needle in a haystack so I am not even going to try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.

Pls gawd, don’t let this post be a joke because I’m an SEI who relates.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's 100% not a joke Poptart Finally another SEI!!!

TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah 1V SEI and 4F SEI examples are probably hard to find. Wait actually I think I know one SEI who may be 1V.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6v5CZBp5mw
    I remember she got posted here at some point as a SEI example and maybe she's 1V but not too sure. She seems either 2L or 2E.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She sounds nothing like me, and also her editing is painful... Although I do see how she carries herself more confidently compared to other SEIs. I would say 2L and not 2E because her videos are not centered on emotions but more on building projects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's 100% not a joke Poptart Finally another SEI!!!

Sup!!!!! Are you guys talking about psychosophy? I type myself Borgia, mainly because I REFUSE to be a dumas in two systems lol.

TIM
    ILE-D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sociotoday.narod.ru/SEI.html
    http://sociotoday.narod.ru/IEI.html

here's descriptions of IEI and SEI by talanov, who basically surveyed a bunch of these types with questionnaires. Let google auto-translate it all, and scroll down to Table 7 on both links to find the difference between them. The higher it is on the table, the more likely it's correlated to that type. If you go through it and neither one really fits well, you could try looking at some of his "borderline" types here.
    http://sociotoday.narod.ru/funkc_3.h...B5%D1%80%D1%8B

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% sure I am SEI, but thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It bothers me that SEIs are portrayed as the maids and stay at home moms of the socion.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is all just stereotypes in the end Poptart. Realistically you can do whatever you want regardless of Socionics. More people should be aware of the meaning of Si. It is just experiencing things through sensations and one can reject certain senses if they want. I don't even like sculpting, painting, photography, building, dance, cooking, fashion, but that doesn't make me any less SEI.

It's just this whole "caretaker" phrase that should be redone... I am sure many Ne types don't identify with "infantile" either. The terrible Russian articles that named everything strangely and too specifically got translated and now we have this mess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said, MidnightWilderness.

I don’t like a lot of stereotypical SEI activities either. I find cooking, cleaning, and baking cookies to be rather tedious. I like to think I have good taste in fashion and home decor, though I have a variety of interests that don’t fall under the typical “SEI” umbrella.

TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    http://sociotoday.narod.ru/SEI.html
    http://sociotoday.narod.ru/IEI.html

here's descriptions of IEI and SEI by talanov, who basically surveyed a bunch of these types with questionnaires. Let google auto-translate it all, and scroll down to Table 7 on both links to find the difference between them. The higher it is on the table, the more likely it's correlated to that type. If you go through it and neither one really fits well, you could try looking at some of his "borderline" types here.
    http://sociotoday.narod.ru/funkc_3.h...B5%D1%80%D1%8B
    This site is amazing and worthy of its own thread, very interesting and unexpected correlations in there! Apparently SEI and ILE both tend to like dogs more than cats lol. For ILE it's like 4x more likelythat they prefer dogs over cats vs. the general population (if I'm interpreting the data correctly)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dogs constantly need attention and walks and petting. (Clearly Si valuing infantile there) Dogs are always loyal and will never leave your side. (Anti Ni doubting) Enthusiastic emotional expression, wags tail happily when they see you. (positive Fe reinforcement)

Cats want little attention unless they come to you for petting. Unenthusiastic about seeing you unless you have been gone for a long time. (anti Si/Ne relationship) Always lurks somewhere in the back plotting something evil. Will show you their power by pouncing in dead animals, then giving it to you as a gift to remind you of their power. (Se)

ILEs therefore like the enthusiasm of a dog to bring them back down to Earth and bring them positive emotions.

But that's my stupid theory...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123