Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beautiful Home Decor

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converted barn - beginnings

Now more luxurious

does anyone else like steep staircases and tall ceilings? Ascending the tower...at this rate I need to find myself a an ex-lighthouse.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Converted barn - beginnings

Now more luxurious

does anyone else like steep staircases and tall ceilings? Ascending the tower...at this rate I need to find myself a an ex-lighthouse.
    Lovely. We have steep staircases but that is because our 1910 small basic colonial was designed with New England thrift - steep staircases take up less space.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Great deal

I have been shopping on FB Mkpl. a lot to finish getting my house just the very things it needs, in the right proportion, style, color, size, etc., at rock bottom prices, which I can do with careful shopping and a bit of driving because we are not so far from many fine towns, in the countryside nearby just outside the big big city where city folk keep their other (fine) houses, and often, becasue they move and redecorate, really big deals can be found.

These drapes with their write-up below are so gorgeous, though I don't have the place for them as I am not using that yellow anywhere, though it's lovely. (Actually I painted our bedroom walls a similar yellow, more powdery, but everything is done in there, with deep velvet eggplant bedspread & shams, and matching deep velvet eggplant with white ball fringe roman shades I made, and pale yellow to darker yellow ombre curtains).

From the ad: "Paid $15,000 for these beautiful floral drapes. (That’s right - $15-THOUSAND!) We are redecorating and sadly they need to go. See the pictures of the doors they one covered. Giving them away for $30.00. There were two drapes covering each door. They opened in the center.. One door was 110 inches wide and the other was 146" wide. Both were hung just over a standard 81" high Door.
    Have them sized to your length.
    The fabric still looks good."

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Lovely. We have steep staircases but that is because our 1910 small basic colonial was designed with New England thrift - steep staircases take up less space.
    That didn't even occur to me, the thriftiness of a steep stair. The Victorian villas I admire when out walking are mostly single storey -two storey I see only where the section is very small.

Several of these homes have verandahs trimmed with timber brackets that look like lace... they are beautiful! Nevermind about their function. But I may be veering off topic now (outdoors )

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ @reverie, I know an ESI-Fi with similar taste in room decor. I type her as an e4.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your passion for beautiful home decor is truly inspiring! It's a joy to come across collections where every piece resonates with your style and creates a sense of variety and continuity throughout the space.Exploring home decor and finding those special elements that make a house a home is a delightful journey. If you're on the lookout for more ways to enhance your living space, you might find the Seus Lighting Foyer Light Fixtures Collection intriguing. They offer a diverse range of foyer lighting options that can add a touch of elegance and charm to your home's entryway.
    Last edited by LunaLawrence; 01-15-2024 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AI but looks good:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some really stunning home decor ideas being shared here. And I need the inspiration because I decided to give my bedroom a makeover.
    I repainted it a dark blue with the service of Oahu Interior Painting, a local company. Because I couldn't have done it myself, it's too hard for me. The fresh coat of paint completely transformed the look and feel of the room.

Now that the walls look fresh and clean, I'm excited to change up the decor to match the new vibe. I'm considering incorporating more natural elements, like wood accents and plants, to create a cozy and inviting feel. Maybe an area rug or a stylish accent chair. I also love the idea of adding some artwork and decorative mirrors to the walls to give the space more personality and depth.
    Last edited by fenix; 03-07-2024 at 08:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12