Thread: What are your aims when it comes to Socionics?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default What are your aims when it comes to Socionics?

I suspect that people will have goals of some kind. But they may not be expressed, and there may be a lack of deliberate effort to effectively bring about their goals.

I imagine the most common goal will be to define and understand your personality and the personality of others.

Another will be to improve relationship quality.

Also, to minimise deficiencies and fulfil needs.

I think many such goals would be achieved more effectively without Socionics but that there is little recognition or desire for this.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To shitpost in this here forum when bored

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An infinite number of reasons

But mostly to increase the number of things I can do once I start to understand people
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vanity.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

research reasons, want to see if it's real and if it can help with astrology. but i have my doubts..

i got first interested in it for its IR aspects and because it looked more comprehensive than mbti, but tbh those things are the worst at this point

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

To kick ass and chew bubblegum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do not suffer fools gladly.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good source of hypotheses and potential explanations for others' behavior (in the sense that if socionics says x type does y you can infer something about what makes people do y or get the idea in the first place that y is a thing people do)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To make you believe I'm actually a person and not a figment of your schizophrenic imagination.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mainly to better understand myself since I really have a hard time seeing what kind of person I really am. I have CPTSD and depression so it is hard for me to see who I could have been or could be. I try to get feedback from my wife since she is the only one I really trust for feedback but her feedback turns out to be really vague.

However, I have found socionics to just bring more questions than answers and while I used to feel confident in how I typed others, over the years, I have subjected all of that into question. Once I think I have found a type for myself or others, I tend to see contradictions that nullify my hypothesis.

I think the reason I come back to this forum is because it's the only online space where I feel I have any history and have made connections with a few members. So I guess I feel a better sense of belonging here than on other forums.

In real life, I have acquaintances but only one friend I actually hang out with. I don't really feel comfortable socializing with most people because I don't want superficial BS or to feel like I have to be fake. I'd rather click with someone and not have to expend energy trying to get to know someone.

Also, because of COVID, I really don't go out like I used to.

But the main reason is to help better understand myself, my capabilities, and to help shed this inferiority complex I wrestle with from constant rejection and ridicule when growing up and pretty much having no one I could trust to confide in. I just feel really lost sometimes and not sure what the significance of my life is or if I'm just coasting by until I die. Even though I have studied spiritual and such, I feel like life is what it is and the spiritual element is not something I naturally notice along with the deeper meaning of life, hence why I don't really plan for the future. I want to be happy but it's hard not to see myself through my father's eyes.

Lastly, I really cannot really relate to anyone too deeply. I feel like an anomaly and maybe knowing myself better and see how there are others like myself can at least help me find people I can learn about and learn something from. When left to my own devices and reflecting on myself, I see nothing and feel nothing. It's like "who cares?"

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    To shitpost in this here forum when bored
    lol, same. It must be a natural progression. (but I want to be a master shit-poster; good to have dreams!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I want to attain a satisfactorily thorough understanding of information itself, and socionics provides me with an interesting and familiar context to do this with.

In fact, an ongoing project of mine is to reduce the IEs and whatnot into mathematical concepts and then resynthesize them in various ways. I also want to expand on socionics dimensionality to account for IEs beyond the proposed 4 dimensions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To make me and other people happier, wiser and stronger.
    By:
    1) better pairs, the making of which takes into account Jung types as one of important factors
    2) improving weak functional regions, to what should help pairs with good IR and good love feelings

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

after all these years, socionics and this particular forum are more or less indistinguishable to me and mainly it operates as my connection this fucked up community

i take it marginally more seriously than astrology (sorry if that offends), which is to say i can see some truth and use in it, even if i think it's mostly imaginary.
    there are also little ancillary benefits to me that could find other routes to manifest if needed, like self-absorption, excessive rumination about relationships, and fantasy. it's unfortunate that not everyone recognizes those things for what they are, but everybody has a path and their place on it is only one factor in how much they annoy me on this forum

(look ma, Fi)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I intend to create a rigorous, mathematical framework for socionics which will resolve theoretical disagreements, give insight into the nature of the mind and reality, and, God willing, provide a framework for self-development.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a good way to cut up and dice the world into manageable pieces....and use it as an excuse for my problematicness

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just post here while waiting for stuff to finish microwaving.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There wasn't ever a goal. I got introduced to it by an online friend shortly before the covid "pandemic" hit and due to quarantine, had some time to closely look at it. I didn't have as much interest in it until after I got typed by G because then I got to experience theories first hand. I continued with it because I like psychology and I'm fairly well-versed with Jung's cognitive theories before I got introduced to socionics. Now that I know more, my goal is to better understand myself and tackle certain areas to improve upon. Sometimes I'm compelled to clarify stereotypical misinformation that gets circulated by the Betas, esp. EIEs who are behind the flame wars and trolling, but that's an afterthought.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is mostly a collection of half truths which distorts by exaggerating/diminishing aspects of psyche and relationships to point of being fundamentally useless and less than descriptive.

So yeah, I don't bother with it anymore.
    ἀταραξία

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It entertains me and I like it. Nothing more to it than that.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning how to deal with people. They do things like murder. I don't like it, and would rather avoid that. I'm pretty good so far, but I can always be better.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extract some grain(or hopefully more) of truth from this system into something less based off Jungian functions and more on something like dual relationships, communication, stress, or really anything that could be much more easily experimented on.