Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A thread for Si/Ne valuers (POST ANYTHING THREAD)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    You p@@p must really look good today

ty

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You p@@p must really look good today
    also stfu.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to exercise.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phasing skinny jeans out of my wardrobe.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I wanna spend my lunch hour grocery shopping or shopping for headbands? Big decisions.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In brief, he pretty much ignores everything I say and if I say too much he may counter attack with some logical hurting argument about how mentally retarded I am
    I had an IEE friend a couple of years ago who worked for mozilla firefox who basically told me the same about his dad. it really kinda sucks that conlfict exists when you have no influence on your parents/child's type. it's basically a genetic lottery.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kinda wonder if any online discussion about Si will ever go beyond "I liked XY food"

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    kinda wonder if any online discussion about Si will ever go beyond "I liked XY food"
    What is mobilizing Si like for you? It sounds like an oxymoron to me.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    What is mobilizing Si like for you? It sounds like an oxymoron to me.
    I care a lot about my health, exercise almost every day, research a lot about the ideal diet (whole-foods plant based diet seems to be the healthiest overall, according to science at least, so I'm following it right now). don't care about the taste of food all that much. I perceive other people's physical state very well, whether they are healthy or not. I can often predict future health consequences that other people will have, but that seems to be more Ni. I don't care all that much about comfort but I'm generally in a relaxed state. can't use my five senses all that well. I wouldn't describe myself as a connoisseur. that's all that comes to my mind right now

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I care a lot about my health, exercise almost every day, research a lot about the ideal diet (whole-foods plant based diet seems to be the healthiest overall, according to science at least, so I'm following it right now). don't care about the taste of food all that much. I perceive other people's physical state very well, whether they are healthy or not. I can often predict future health consequences that other people will have, but that seems to be more Ni. I don't care all that much about comfort but I'm generally in a relaxed state. can't use my five senses all that well. I wouldn't describe myself as a connoisseur. that's all that comes to my mind right now
    Thats interesting. What do you mean by predicting future health consequences? Like this person will develop gout, that person will develop liver damage?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats interesting. What do you mean by predicting future health consequences? Like this person will develop gout, that person will develop liver damage?

"this person will likely get a heart-attack/stroke within the next 5 years" "with the way this person diets, they will gain the weight they have lost again."

stuff like that I guess

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been thinking a lot about this sandwich that Britney Spears made on TikTok. So many questions.
    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeX9AGEH/

TIM
    ILE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have sacrificed the things that bring me comfort (but also make me lazy) ... In hopes that I'd be, in my terms, better. And for each goal I complete, I'd reward myself in equal measure with something I'd sacrificed.

Honestly pretty proud of this idea so far. Was funny to see my SEI friend's horrified reaction when he'd heard I even sacrificed music (our beloved). But I feel like I'm going a little crazy without music also. Bah, this won't be forever...
    Death is the engine of Earth

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard when no-one really knows what Si even is... Even I don't fully know what it means.

Things that I think might be examples of Si ego in me:

Um I guess I notice senses better than intuitives? Sort of kind of? Sometimes?

I taste food as kind of all being the same-ish except for really weird tasting things or if I really try to focus on how it tastes as well, but honestly I don't care too much what I eat either, with one caveat, that it is healthy.

And um...

uh...

I still don't understand what Si means, but basically since I have weak intuition I am a Si type.

If any other Si egos have a better idea of what Si is then I would like to know.
    Last edited by MidnightWilderness; 04-30-2021 at 05:02 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    I have sacrificed the things that bring me comfort (but also make me lazy) ... In hopes that I'd be, in my terms, better. And for each goal I complete, I'd reward myself in equal measure with something I'd sacrificed.

Honestly pretty proud of this idea so far. Was funny to see my SEI friend's horrified reaction when he'd heard I even sacrificed music (our beloved). But I feel like I'm going a little crazy without music also. Bah, this won't be forever...
    Why sacrifice all comfort? And how exactly does music make you lazy? If you have work where you can listen to music, listen to something non-intrusive so that you can work but still listen to music. Do not sacrifice all of this comfort, it will just end up backfiring on you, and probably you will just binge on comfort. If you need comfort, try to make the comfort fit with your work, or at least take a few breaks to do something comfortable.

The reward of your goal should just be a feeling of achievement, the best feeling of them all, that you got something done. Goals should be something you really want to achieve, something you really want to have. The end should be rewarding in of itself.

Your goals in life will never end, there will just be another goal to take its place. So why not just set aside time to relax instead of making it something to win?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    Why sacrifice all comfort? And how exactly does music make you lazy? If you have work where you can listen to music, listen to something non-intrusive so that you can work but still listen to music. Do not sacrifice all of this comfort, it will just end up backfiring on you, and probably you will just binge on comfort. If you need comfort, try to make the comfort fit with your work, or at least take a few breaks to do something comfortable.

The reward of your goal should just be a feeling of achievement, the best feeling of them all, that you got something done. Goals should be something you really want to achieve, something you really want to have. The end should be rewarding in of itself.

Your goals in life will never end, there will just be another goal to take its place. So why not just set aside time to relax instead of making it something to win?

photo_2021-04-30_18-57-32.jpg

photo_2021-04-30_18-57-32 (2).jpg

from gulenko's book

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say I sort of am like that, but what does it mean by situation in a harmonious state? Thinking not with words and pictures but with my body? Hmm I have daydreams that I am not even a participating character in, ones where I have conversations with people, ones where I go back in time and talk to my younger self, but none of them involve much sensing. Discomfort? Noise? Tension? Coercion? Where tf in life would that be the case? What kind of terrible job has any of those things? Like if someone is blasting a power drill next door while some dude whips me if I don't get these papers done by the deadlines?

Tension, like when your work has deadlines? Depends on how confident I am that I can get it done in that amount of time. I will be distracted by loud noise, but background noise is fine. Coercion? What is meant by coercion? Because if someone was threatening me or forcing me to do something I really did not want to do, I would feel awful. But if it's just the chores or something that I didn't particularly want to do but had no strong feelings about, fine, whatever... Especially if I stand to gain something out of it.

Monotony, I would say I usually hate it, but I do study Russian, which involves a lot of repetition in order to learn it. I do not mind repeating things in order to achieve something.

I usually do not express feelings of love through physical care, but through words... although I have not had a chance where physical care would be possible, what you mean like kisses or something? I am still kind of confused?

I can feel tension in my muscles if I pay attention to it, which is why I don't, as I tend to stiffen my body and curl my spine into awkward positions, and it drives me nearly mad when reading about S as I over focus on every slight pain now... Headache, dry mouth, lower back pain... gahh! No! I do not want to focus on these things, it's just weird to hyper focus on these things because I am always in pain and will never feel perfect so why even should I think about it!!!

And I still do not know what is meant by a harmonious external state!

Well I feel slightly sick trying to focus on an individual part of my body and now I feel a headache...

Add to my confusion and pain why don't you?

Still I can't see where I have Ni or Ne so Si ego it is for now.

TIM
    ILE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post

Lol yeah this is in essence what he told me. It’s because I would listen to music on end and would get trapped in my thoughts from it (music affects me in a very intense way). It was seriously detrimental (along in combination with other things I sacrificed). But what I’m doing now is much better for me and is helping me move forward with my goals. And rewarding myself with music again would be a really great feeling. You may think accomplishing something should be rewarding in and of itself, but I lost a lot of meaning that would help me push forward. This is how I am trying to fight right now.
    Death is the engine of Earth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like eating xy food

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si/Ne valuers, what does Si PoLR look like when you see it, how does it make you feel, and what do you think about it?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Si/Ne valuers, what does Si PoLR look like when you see it, how does it make you feel, and what do you think about it?
    I don't know. I can't really spot Si PoLR. I thought I was one myself but Si seeking seems a better fit. I may sympathize with them if I happen to talk to them but I can't really spot from a distance or read through their minds like I do with Ne PoLR.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Bold fashion choices. Not afraid of pairing an orange shirt with a purple tie.
    - Some of them are into extreme hobbies like scuba diving, rock climbing etc. (Se Ha)
    - Active and busy people. Lots of energy.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Bold fashion choices. Not afraid of pairing an orange shirt with a purple tie.
    - Some of them are into extreme hobbies like scuba diving, rock climbing etc. (Se Ha)
    How does that make you feel and what do you think about it?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems nice to not be burdened by Si.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see it as being totally fine, but I am not SEI-Si so I wouldn't know. Personally I don't focus on what another person is wearing. Extreme hobbies sound totally fun, but I am a big wimp, otherwise I would go skydiving just to feel alive again to get that adrenaline rush. One time a car almost hit me and I got so scared that I started running and running without stopping and I hate to admit it, but that feeling was awesome. So I understand extreme sports. Energy is more EJ I would think than having anything to do with being Si polr.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy National Salad Month.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or not. National Salad Month is a ploy by big dressing to trick people into eating more salad.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol which country do you live in? Never heard of this shit before

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

US

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationa...lad-month/amp/

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like going on magnificent and daring exploits of the impossible is nothing rainbow to cheat death like emperor Palpatine said to Anakin and rally more troops to my cause of total devilish eyes of God rampaging of the toadstool Super Mario Sunshine twinkle twinkle little star hamburger.

Palpatine should work at Burger King, totally, and spray ketchup out of a jetpack like Boba/Jango Fett on psycho medicine. Those guys are ISTPs, they like to act crazy!! (Sidious is INTJ).
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you being a hypocrite or are you genuinely eating more salad?

I think I would celebrate it if I were in the US though

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you being a hypocrite or are you genuinely eating more salad?

I think I would celebrate it if I were in the US though
    I’m not changing my eating habits for National Salad Month lol.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very proud of these:

Why was H!tler a vegetarian?
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................ Because he didn't like the Nuremburger

What do you call Belgian Nazis?
    The Waffle-SS

Who was the greatest German pastry chef in Africa?
    The Dessert Fox

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hypochondria is the most obvious sign lol. Especially Si POLR + Fe lead in EIE. Hypochondria induced hysteria . Of course there's other factors influencing hypochondria-like behaviour, depending on Psyche Yoga type, generally 1F and 4F subdue it and 3F strengthen it. Hypochondria is a lot less noticeable in 4F Si POLR for instance.
    Examples of hypochondria: Defining themselves through alleged illnesses, conversation topics revolve around perceived physical illnesses, deformities, etc. (also typical 3F). Having some mysterious undiagnosable/untreatable disease is another one. I feel that may be some kind of Victim (Self-victimizing) behaviour. You know kinda like a way to excuse themselves for rude behaviour and stuff. Funny enough I rarely see Ni-leads doing this. But most Ni-creatives I know do this.

Extreme lack of attention to surroundings is another one. I mean walking straight into a wall or falling into a manhole kind of inattentiveness. Even though I am 1D Si, I always pay attention to my surroundings unconsciously while my minds is wandering somewhere else. Si POLRs seem to lack this reflex. This being said it may be my 1F that causes this (because I know a few Ne leads that are also very inattentive lol)

Other than that, Si POLRs (even more so than Ni POLRs) are extremely tense. Visibly tense in the back, neck, face, etc. It's no wonder they have trouble relaxing and winding down if they are always so tense and stressed. Compare this with SLI for instance, you know how SLI have a kinda dispassionate look but really what they have is an extremely relaxed face. No tension at all, and after emoting their face quickly relaxes. Meanwhile in EIE for instance emotions show strongly and "stay" with tensed muscles much longer.

Personally Si POLRs bother me a bit because of EJ temperament. Some are cool but some got a stick up their ass. Hypochondria (and other 3F behaviours) bother me a lot. Being 1F I am generally unattentive to other's physical state except if it's obvious. Anyways 3Fs tend to hate me once they get to know me lol

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of a LIE professor who always dressed like a clown, with the most godawful colour combinations. Figured it was his Si POLR acting up but turned out he was colorblind.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me, I've actually thought about wanting to go scuba diving & rock climbing before. I should look into how you sign up for scuba diving cuz I have a friend that I bet would be down for going with me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast