Thread: A short essay on extraverted intuition (Ne)

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post A short essay on extraverted intuition (Ne)

We all know how extraverted intuition is, on various websites, primarily described as ideas. The curious reader may wonder to himself, how would extraverted intuition, or Ne, manifest itself on a social level? Well folks, in this short essay, this guy here will share some of his conclusions about the effects of Ne in society.

The first field where extraverted intuition or Ne manifests itself in is simply intellectual curiosity. This is a curiosity in things which are not yet in existence. Why would that be important, you may ask? After all, what could be more important than focusing on what's already at hand? The answer to this question is as follows: experimentation.

Through experimenting, new ways are found which discard the old, obsolete ways. Think about things like the invention of agriculture, airplanes or even modern psychology. Through ideas, which are nothing more than a mental representation of the object, we can spot certain qualities in objects and people which are not readily present on the surface. Spotting such qualities can be useful to estimate in what way the object or person could be off benefit to us. Through this way, Ne can help us find new approaches towards current reality.

The second field where Ne can be used is to find clever ways out of sticky situations, instead of dealing with the thread head on. The well-known Trojan Horse started as an idea, as a scheme, as an alternative to direct warfare. By quick thinking on the fly, we can find new ways to escape that thing that's chasing us. This doesn't necessarily have to be a literal chase, it could also simply mean a mental relief from the hardships and monotony of life. Fantasy novels, role-playing and acting, cartoons - they all encompass the idea of going to another dimension. It's therefore the comedians who possess an adequate level of Ne who can induce in the audience the absurd mental images required to make one flee current reality, thus making them laugh. Ne can thus be used in order to escape current reality, to move away from trouble and pain.

Concluding, extraverted intuition is vital to our survivability. Without it, we wouldn't have invented the things required to adjust ourselves to the ever-changing environment around us. Therefore, navigating the world of ideas will forever be as important as navigating reality itself.

Karbonkel
    Hi, this was my first ever short essay, I hope its atleast a somewhat accurate representation of Ne on a social level. Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated!

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbonkel View Post
    Through experimenting, new ways are found which discard the old, obsolete ways. Think about things like the invention of agriculture, airplanes or even modern psychology. Through ideas, which are nothing more than a mental representation of the object, we can spot certain qualities in objects and people which are not readily present on the surface. Spotting such qualities can be useful to estimate in what way the object or person could be off benefit to us. Through this way, Ne can help us find new approaches towards current reality.
    This reminded me of Thomas Kuhn's ideas about 'normal science', paradigm shifts -- the sociology of academic knowledge -- how and when, on a social level, are paradigm-breaking ideas accepted into the scientific community?

Ne-valuing academic folks I know get frustrated with how their ideas will get rejected b/c they're too path-breaking. This could be an issue for Ni egos too, but seems to plague the Ne ones more, for obvious reasons

-- Thoughts from an Ne PoLR

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point, these ideas can be frustrating to apply in practice in the future since most people depend on current reality to survive. Academics especially is often a system that (usually rightfully) moves slowly, one empirical study at the time. So someone with a new idea can and will be met with resistance. I think good ideas that will be accepted, sometimes not until far into the future, are those ideas that undeniably improve current reality. With that quality not always directly observable by the public, Its often that the line between a genius and a fool is rather thin.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking RedVsGold's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuition unravels a crack of inspired levity and crystal chamber holiday best buys in the salesman victory barge castle in the sky of erotic activities and the tree of life fruits below being laughed at for not joining into the fun.
    Raptor was Lugia through Erling Haaland Riley Halloween in 2023 vs Inter Milan, showing journals of impossible dialogues and colosseums of grand altitudes shocking pinch torrent gel and flash arcing clockwork folly and ageless triumph holding fuses of collections. Raptor defeated Sauron in 2006 by stopping Zidane Zapdos Zarathustra Tesla, ideas of oasis healing gifting sacred gems and envelopes of highlight stealth picturing raiment of claymores and seawater caliber psychic birds
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agree. Seems a little arrogant to say Ne is responsible for intellectual curiosity and new ideas, though, when half of the NT club has unvalued Ne.

It's funny, reading spaciousfreedom's thoughts about Ne users getting constantly rejected made me want to start ranting because this is something I've felt since I was a kid. We progress so slowly as a society. We could be going so fucking quickly but we got these fuckers out here stopping us for no reas... yeah, ranting like I said. If I had my way we'd spend all of our resources (e.g. paying people to and utilizing capital/physical resources for) testing new ideas and using our tax money to implement them instead of dealing with problems that don't ever resolve and require endless patience and repetition.

But, I think this is accurate, resonates with me. I just can't put my finger on why it doesn't feel quite right to say this is the exclusive domain of Ne valuers.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say it's rather about experimental on its own, as it depends on your perception of experimentation in Ne themselves.
    I like to come up with a perspective that Ne is moved by the object and not moving the object,
    as it seizes a sort of potentials according to their interest in an object due to their pique of novelties around them.
    It rather sounds like a kid who seeing some cool toys in a shop and they instantly want to know how it feels to own them all since they are moved by their excitement about those. Hence you could explain Socio Ne to a child as if they were like 5 years old according to this statement.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 08-18-2021 at 05:04 AM. Reason: OCD struck me again, disproportionate paragraph; added some missing details.