Thread: CIA Test Gave Me An Odd Result

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneTriz View Post
    IFU as well. From my understanding, it says I was like an IFU as a child and grew up to be an e*r*a*.
    We're quite similar then. I grew up to be an e*r*a apparently. The primitive description I can understand. But I don't understand the basic descriptions. I grew up to be my exact opposite?

I looked up reaction formation and apparently it means that your basic personality was perceived to be unacceptable, so you developed the exact opposite personality as you grew up. Repression and dissociation and stuff like that comes in. I'm pretty similar so I probably did something like that but not as extreme.

From Wikipedia:

Where reaction-formation takes place, it is usually assumed that the original, rejected impulse does not vanish, but persists, unconscious, in its original infantile form.

So your real self is buried apparently and undeveloped. I guess self-love is something to think about here.

What doesn't make sense is that the profile for me is apparently from the IFA primitive profile. But I'm IFU. So something doesn't quite add up here and I'm wondering what's going on. Were things linked improperly??? Maybe I clicked the wrong thing lol. I think I'm e*r*u lol. This is a bit complicated.
    Last edited by Aramas; 03-13-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    We're quite similar then. I grew up to be an e*r*a apparently. The primitive description I can understand. But I don't understand the basic descriptions. I grew up to be my exact opposite?

I looked up reaction formation and apparently it means that your basic personality was perceived to be unacceptable, so you developed the exact opposite personality as you grew up. Repression and dissociation and stuff like that comes in. I'm pretty similar so I probably did something like that but not as extreme.

From Wikipedia:

Where reaction-formation takes place, it is usually assumed that the original, rejected impulse does not vanish, but persists, unconscious, in its original infantile form.

So your real self is buried apparently and undeveloped. I guess self-love is something to think about here.

What doesn't make sense is that the profile for me is apparently from the IFA primitive profile. But I'm IFU. So something doesn't quite add up here and I'm wondering what's going on. Were things linked improperly???
    The thing about this, is that the more I read the more I think "What if I actually am an e*r*a* or would grow up to be one?" (I'm still quite young)
    I mean I guess it makes sense with my real self being undeveloped, I remember feeling as if my maturity "froze" at around age 12 or 13.
    And yeah I think some things were linked improperly, the 4chan thread reported similar issues.
    Something kinda amusing is that I even had a dream last night where someone online told me to stop taking personality tests so seriously.
    I'm not sure what to make about all of this. I don't know why my basic personality was supposedly perceived to be unacceptable.
    Interesting stuff though, after reading the reaction formation article on Wikipedia, I guess I can kind of see it with fantasies of world destruction.
    Originally as a child I'd get really bad existential anxiety about stuff like everything ceasing to exist one day. Then a few years ago I got into anti-life philosophies and thought it would be rational to destroy reality if possible.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The thing about this, is that the more I read the more I think "What if I actually am an e*r*a* or would grow up to be one?" (I'm still quite young)
    I mean I guess it makes sense with my real self being undeveloped, I remember feeling as if my maturity "froze" at around age 12 or 13.
    And yeah I think some things were linked improperly, the 4chan thread reported similar issues.
    Something kinda amusing is that I even had a dream last night where someone online told me to stop taking personality tests so seriously.
    I'm not sure what to make about all of this. I don't know why my basic personality was supposedly perceived to be unacceptable.
    Interesting stuff though, after reading the reaction formation article on Wikipedia, I guess I can kind of see it with fantasies of world destruction.
    Originally as a child I'd get really bad existential anxiety about stuff like everything ceasing to exist one day. Then a few years ago I got into anti-life philosophies and thought it would be rational to destroy reality if possible.
    Yeah. @Adam Strange was mentioning the other day fantasies about seeing cities burning. I've had similar thoughts I'll admit. But I'd rather the redneck shitholes I grew up in face the burning xD (if you're not a mechanic or a nurse, you don't belong here). I don't intend to do anything like that but imagining it makes me feel better I guess. "Some people just want to watch the world burn" shouldn't be seen as an insult so much as an indication that someone is in pain and needs some kind of relief.

Explanatory notes to people who don't understand the convergent clusters like I didn't at first: the clusters are the people who look the same on the surface. The surface appearance can either be who that person really is or some kind of forced adaptation underneath.

Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Yeah. @Adam Strange was mentioning the other day fantasies about seeing cities burning. I've had similar thoughts I'll admit. But I'd rather the redneck shitholes I grew up in face the burning xD (if you're not a mechanic or a nurse, you don't belong here). I don't intend to do anything like that but imagining it makes me feel better I guess. "Some people just want to watch the world burn" shouldn't be seen as an insult so much as an indication that someone is in pain and needs some kind of relief.

Explanatory notes to people who don't understand the convergent clusters like I didn't at first: the clusters are the people who look the same on the surface. The surface appearance can either be who that person really is or some kind of forced adaptation underneath.
    Yeah I wouldn't know about what other people had been mentioning. The part about people needing relief is an interesting point, don't know enough to agree or disagree with it.
    And yeah, I think I get the convergent clusters now too. Thanks for clarifying for the rest lol.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I wouldn't know about what other people had been mentioning. The part about people needing relief is an interesting point, don't know enough to agree or disagree with it.
    And yeah, I think I get the convergent clusters now too. Thanks for clarifying for the rest lol.
    You're welcome I guess. It took a couple days before I really understood it but it makes a lot of sense now. Like a lot a lot. I was about to write it off as broken bullshit because of the bad links but the system seems pretty sound and tbh I'm probably an IFU lol.