Likes being asked questions OneTriz's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE 7w6 sx/sp 749
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question CIA Test Gave Me An Odd Result

Many people would say I'm stupid for taking a CIA Test but whatever. I found this on 4chan last year and got this result despite being incredibly apathetic, domestic, lazy, intellectual, and eccentric. When I got this a while back, I fantasized about being in high-adrenaline activities, but that's definitely not how I am naturally. The only accurate part was the low empathy one and sometimes explosive temper. The strange thing is that someone who only knew me online said it described me perfectly. I don't really know why, does anyone know what's up with this test? I know I haven't given that much information on my personality yet for you guys to determine if it's accurate, but still.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How is this test a CIA test? Seems like it was developed by someone working at a mental hospital.

TIM
    ILE 7w6 sx/sp 749
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    How is this test a CIA test? Seems like it was developed by someone working at a mental hospital.
    Someone said it was a CIA test on the 4chan thread, and it said so too in the link to the Reality Club papers.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm. Seems like an interesting assessment. What's your basic profile? Mine was IFU.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got EFU. It seems pretty inaccurate.

TIM
    ILE 7w6 sx/sp 749
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Seems like an interesting assessment. What's your basic profile? Mine was IFU.
    IFU as well. From my understanding, it says I was like an IFU as a child and grew up to be an e*r*a*.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weird vernacular “schizoid” and so on is throwing me off

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneTriz View Post
    IFU as well. From my understanding, it says I was like an IFU as a child and grew up to be an e*r*a*.
    We're quite similar then. I grew up to be an e*r*a apparently. The primitive description I can understand. But I don't understand the basic descriptions. I grew up to be my exact opposite?

I looked up reaction formation and apparently it means that your basic personality was perceived to be unacceptable, so you developed the exact opposite personality as you grew up. Repression and dissociation and stuff like that comes in. I'm pretty similar so I probably did something like that but not as extreme.

From Wikipedia:

Where reaction-formation takes place, it is usually assumed that the original, rejected impulse does not vanish, but persists, unconscious, in its original infantile form.

So your real self is buried apparently and undeveloped. I guess self-love is something to think about here.

What doesn't make sense is that the profile for me is apparently from the IFA primitive profile. But I'm IFU. So something doesn't quite add up here and I'm wondering what's going on. Were things linked improperly??? Maybe I clicked the wrong thing lol. I think I'm e*r*u lol. This is a bit complicated.
    Last edited by Aramas; 03-13-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    The weird vernacular “schizoid” and so on is throwing me off
    Changing terminology. Schizoid basically just means distanced from external reality. Psychopath used to mean someone with a psychological problem, hence psychopathology.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing terminology. Schizoid basically just means distanced from external reality. Psychopath used to mean someone with a psychological problem, hence psychopathology.
    Right, but it’s pathologizing something normal which is why I don’t like it

TIM
    ILE 7w6 sx/sp 749
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're quite similar then. I grew up to be an e*r*a apparently. The primitive description I can understand. But I don't understand the basic descriptions. I grew up to be my exact opposite?

I looked up reaction formation and apparently it means that your basic personality was perceived to be unacceptable, so you developed the exact opposite personality as you grew up. Repression and dissociation and stuff like that comes in. I'm pretty similar so I probably did something like that but not as extreme.

From Wikipedia:

Where reaction-formation takes place, it is usually assumed that the original, rejected impulse does not vanish, but persists, unconscious, in its original infantile form.

So your real self is buried apparently and undeveloped. I guess self-love is something to think about here.

What doesn't make sense is that the profile for me is apparently from the IFA primitive profile. But I'm IFU. So something doesn't quite add up here and I'm wondering what's going on. Were things linked improperly???
    The thing about this, is that the more I read the more I think "What if I actually am an e*r*a* or would grow up to be one?" (I'm still quite young)
    I mean I guess it makes sense with my real self being undeveloped, I remember feeling as if my maturity "froze" at around age 12 or 13.
    And yeah I think some things were linked improperly, the 4chan thread reported similar issues.
    Something kinda amusing is that I even had a dream last night where someone online told me to stop taking personality tests so seriously.
    I'm not sure what to make about all of this. I don't know why my basic personality was supposedly perceived to be unacceptable.
    Interesting stuff though, after reading the reaction formation article on Wikipedia, I guess I can kind of see it with fantasies of world destruction.
    Originally as a child I'd get really bad existential anxiety about stuff like everything ceasing to exist one day. Then a few years ago I got into anti-life philosophies and thought it would be rational to destroy reality if possible.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Right, but it’s pathologizing something normal which is why I don’t like it
    Idk I read the basic info about this personality system and it seems legit and based in good intentions. The idea is that you have some innate personality and that you grow up either being yourself or being forced to be something you're not.

The goal seems to be in line with trying to help people be themselves and get into the right mindset for who they really are. And that a lot of problems are caused by trying to force people to fit roles that aren't compatible with their inherent nature. It's like the study of type masks in our own terminology.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The thing about this, is that the more I read the more I think "What if I actually am an e*r*a* or would grow up to be one?" (I'm still quite young)
    I mean I guess it makes sense with my real self being undeveloped, I remember feeling as if my maturity "froze" at around age 12 or 13.
    And yeah I think some things were linked improperly, the 4chan thread reported similar issues.
    Something kinda amusing is that I even had a dream last night where someone online told me to stop taking personality tests so seriously.
    I'm not sure what to make about all of this. I don't know why my basic personality was supposedly perceived to be unacceptable.
    Interesting stuff though, after reading the reaction formation article on Wikipedia, I guess I can kind of see it with fantasies of world destruction.
    Originally as a child I'd get really bad existential anxiety about stuff like everything ceasing to exist one day. Then a few years ago I got into anti-life philosophies and thought it would be rational to destroy reality if possible.
    Yeah. @Adam Strange was mentioning the other day fantasies about seeing cities burning. I've had similar thoughts I'll admit. But I'd rather the redneck shitholes I grew up in face the burning xD (if you're not a mechanic or a nurse, you don't belong here). I don't intend to do anything like that but imagining it makes me feel better I guess. "Some people just want to watch the world burn" shouldn't be seen as an insult so much as an indication that someone is in pain and needs some kind of relief.

Explanatory notes to people who don't understand the convergent clusters like I didn't at first: the clusters are the people who look the same on the surface. The surface appearance can either be who that person really is or some kind of forced adaptation underneath.

TIM
    ILE 7w6 sx/sp 749
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. @Adam Strange was mentioning the other day fantasies about seeing cities burning. I've had similar thoughts I'll admit. But I'd rather the redneck shitholes I grew up in face the burning xD (if you're not a mechanic or a nurse, you don't belong here). I don't intend to do anything like that but imagining it makes me feel better I guess. "Some people just want to watch the world burn" shouldn't be seen as an insult so much as an indication that someone is in pain and needs some kind of relief.

Explanatory notes to people who don't understand the convergent clusters like I didn't at first: the clusters are the people who look the same on the surface. The surface appearance can either be who that person really is or some kind of forced adaptation underneath.
    Yeah I wouldn't know about what other people had been mentioning. The part about people needing relief is an interesting point, don't know enough to agree or disagree with it.
    And yeah, I think I get the convergent clusters now too. Thanks for clarifying for the rest lol.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I wouldn't know about what other people had been mentioning. The part about people needing relief is an interesting point, don't know enough to agree or disagree with it.
    And yeah, I think I get the convergent clusters now too. Thanks for clarifying for the rest lol.
    You're welcome I guess. It took a couple days before I really understood it but it makes a lot of sense now. Like a lot a lot. I was about to write it off as broken bullshit because of the bad links but the system seems pretty sound and tbh I'm probably an IFU lol.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someone said it was a CIA test on the 4chan thread, and it said so too in the link to the Reality Club papers.
    CIA might use it but they didn't invent it I don't think. It was some dude. Lol

Edit:

Gittinger worked as a consulting psychologist for CIA during the time he developed the (PAS) from Wechsler’s scales. Early publications describing his (PAS) appeared in academic publications but did not mention Gittinger's employer. Apparently, working covertly for ‘the Company’ was standard operating procedure. While the (PAS) has been used in other areas like education and clinical work, it was developed primarily for assessing personality types of world leaders, according to Krauskopf & Davis (1973). The focus for this paper will be on a brief pattern analysis and the clinical applications of the (PAS) and its ability to predict dangerous behaviors.

So yeah. It's associated with the CIA but it doesn't seem like its utility is limited to spook work.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I got EFU. It seems pretty inaccurate.
    Take the second part of the test too. It's shorter.