Thread: Psyche-yoga type me thing

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Psyche-yoga type me thing

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    Psychology - I guess I have always had a knack and interest for it. What I dislike is what feels like a chore to me, instead of something enjoyable. Any subject can have that of course, no matter how passionate you are about it. I am not particularly drawn to the statistics side of it, it's just something that needs to be done. I also don't like routine and repetition in research (or otherwise). I come more alive on the creativity and ideas side of things.

What are your values, and why?
    Kindness, compassion, understanding.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I watch a lot of tv and film - why do I do them? I guess for enjoyment. I seem to like Sci-Fi and Drama for the most part. Psych Thrillers are another one. I also like papercrafting, not because I am necessarily good at it but because it's fun. I really like making stuff and sending it to other people, haha. I like reading Psychology (or typology) articles for fun. Same for books, sometimes. I have gotten a little into video games but most of them don't seem to keep my interest. I do like Phoenix Wright (on DS) quite a lot though.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    Unfortunately I am avoidantly attached to them. As in, even if they died, I wouldn't feel all that bad - I wouldn't miss them as much as I should. My thoughts typically revolve around Te stuff, and other practical skills - I know absolutely nothing, so who will help me then? I say this not to be cold, but as an objective thing that will help people understand my level of emotional detachment I have always had with them, for as long as I can remember. I would still miss them though, and cry, but I'm pretty sure the depth of my grief is not quite what you should feel for a loved one.

I like that they can provide practical advice I suppose, I often underestimate on my end how important those things can be. I feel "at home" to some degree with my family as well. Intellectually, we understand each other easily. Emotionally, my mother is way better at it than my father (Fe PoLR) who starts getting angry any time I am experiencing intense emotions, even though I am not dramatic or hysterical about it. I will feel vulnerable and scared, so I withdraw. I am somewhat close to my brother, who is an ENTj. It is easy to talk about things, at least abstractedly, but some practical/sensing side of things always seem to be remiss.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    In friendships I look for someone I can frankly talk about anything with - especially the moments of crisis and emotional pain where I can't make sense of things in the moment. I am able to talk about my trauma(s) with my friends. But yet again, I think it's avoidant attachment.

Romantically, I get anxiously attached from the get-go. I am looking for someone with pseudo-caregiver tendencies - and yes although I use the Erotic Attitudes' name for Si egos, I believe for me it goes a little deeper than that. I have always known I wanted this in a romantic partner.

Anyways - so yeah, caregiver-ish tendencies, nurturing, maybe some Dom/sub dynamic because this is just how I naturally feel. I want someone I can completely trust. Someone mature, willing to do what it takes to maintain trust. No games. Transparent and straightforward. I implicitly trust him (and naturally, that's hard for me to do given anxious attachment patterns. But experience tells me it's absolutely possible).

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Hmm...I won't count online interactions in this one because the interpersonal dynamic are all skewed...

generally, I seem to avoid conflict. We can have disagreements though - yeah. Generally, if I am struggling due to weaker sense of self (I don't know why or how but self-emotional invalidation has been embedded in my psyche as essential to the point I wasn't even fully cognizant of it until now. As if that was the way of the world, of reality, and so I never questioned it), I will avoid further arguments because I can't actually defend myself in that state. Otherwise, I can be more forthcoming, at least initially, about my grievances but if someone is belligerent for the heck of it, I stay far, far away from them. Honestly, I have barely encountered people like that in my "inner circle" - so I have a pretty strong filter.

How would your friends describe you?
    Quiet, intense/emotional, headstrong, smart, too hard on herself.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    idk, the stuff I mentioned in the previous question I suppose. I like how easy it is for me to have an acute insight into a lot of people that others struggle understanding. I like that I am passionate.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Doesn't believe enough in herself/ general complaint about lower confidence and shyness. I guess I would agree.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    idk a career is not some dream come true, regardless of how hard you work or whatever so I have just decided to pursue one passion as my main thing (Psychology) and anything else, on the side, at least for the mean time. Things change and evolve.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Hmm, I would feel pretty idle so I would go ahead and do the 'fun' parts of my prior career anyway. Or anything else I like (singing and writing have been a small side-hobby of mine). There would be no pressure, but I wouldn't just sit there and not do anything lol.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    Maybe some people's conception of confident/assertive can come across as overbearing to me (but it happens rarely). Um, I am not sure about "endearing"...

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    ooh! Anything I find either in regular stores, online, or boutiques/antique/vintage stories. I especially like the latter. My "aesthetic" is colorful, and pretty/fairy-like. Not intentional.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I can be shy, quiet and self-conscious at first. When I open up, my real personality become more apparent.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    People don't typically attack me. I get scared and withdraw.

I deleted some questions that I felt like I had already covered.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 03-05-2021 at 03:16 AM.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there was a bit more information here.

My two cents would be SEI-H, though.

Also, cool pinterest!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel free to ask more questions. These ones were nothing new/ stuff I’ve answered several times before over the course of my life which is why I simply wasn’t interested enough to delve deeper (not in this questionnaire, at least )

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think self and others observation should do it. It is all about practical level interaction. What you find hard to respond/take in #3, what you overdo #1, what you accept #4 unreasonably well and what you like to play with #2 (kind of serious toy).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's not Socionics to ask here

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m bored - please ask me questions! It doesn’t have to be about psycheyoga if that’s not your thing