Thread: Preferred ennegram-socionics combinations for long term (marriage?) relationships

TIM
    IEI social 946
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Preferred ennegram-socionics combinations for long term (marriage?) relationships

Please list which ennegram type you prefer for each of the socionics types when it comes to a relationship. Ideally, this should be the e-type you prefer for a long-term relationship- one you could imagine settling down with. Hope this makes sense.

I am IEI E9 and I can imagine myself with the following..

SLE: e8 (I used to think 7..)
    SEE: e6
    SLI: e5 (possibly e6, don't know many SLIs so it's hard to say)
    ILE: e7
    SEI: e5 (or maybe e6)
    LSI: e5 or e6
    EIE: e6
    ILI: e5
    IEI: not sure about this one..

I couldn't imagine marrying/settling down with the other socionics types so I'm leaving them out.

I am wondering if e-type can play a part in the long term stability of a relationship.

Any other thoughts/comments related to the topic are most welcome!
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything but 3,6,8, or 9, for any type.

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have given up on socionics, and I could probably get along with any enneagram type given the heterogeneity within type. I am still wary of 8 though. 7 too probably. And 5. But yeah, still.

TIM
    IEI social 946
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think enneagram type (including main type, instinct and tritype) can play a big part in the success of a relationship. For people looking for duals..it’s something important to consider. Because duals with different e-types will be quite different to each other. Learning about enneagram could help you know what to look out for or expect.

It also makes me realise that non-duality relationships have the potential to be pretty great in their own way. A non-dual relationship could be really good if they are a good enneagram match for you.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve always enjoyed enneagram 7s.

TIM
    SEE-N™ VLEF™AP 863
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any. Enneagrams is about a person’s core fears, nothing to do with compatibility.

TIM
    IEI social 946
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some e-type/sociotype combinations probably do find that they don’t have clear preferences. Personally, I really can’t see myself with a 4 or a 9..or a 2. I doubt a 1 or a 3 either..but I am not young, so this plays a part. I don’t have as long to trial this stuff haha.

I think knowing someone’s full enneagram type (combined with sociotype) is similar to knowing their DCNH subtype. There might be some cross over.

Honestly, I don’t understand DCNH- it’s not for me. But I do think I’m a harmoniser. And I believe I can type people’s enneagram types including instinct and tritype. I wouldn’t know how to figure out someone’s DCNH type (and whether they were a creative, supposedly compatible with me) but..I think that in figuring out their full enneagram type, I potentially could decide on a D,C,N or H label.

edit: I need to think the DCNH stuff over honestly
    Last edited by Bethany; 03-03-2021 at 07:52 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 3... EIE I guess
    I don't like the spotlight, she can have it.

3s are weird:

Last edited by SGF; 03-03-2021 at 09:17 AM.

TIM
    IEI social 946
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah I swear it is all to do with tritype. Like I think a dual is gonna be more compatible, the more numbers their tritype shares with yours (or if they are a particular compatible tritype). So for me- 846 or 749 are best. But I get on super well with 826 as well so maybe them too. Maybe 854 too.