Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Autistic Sociopaths/Psychopaths

Do you guys think it's possible to be an autistic sociopath? For me, my autism was really obvious but I also had callous and unemotional traits since childhood. Some people may be ignorant and think "well you just lack empathy because you're autistic" but that's a misunderstanding of both autism and sociopathy. I do not find empathy a useful term because people often use it differently than others. Instead, I will be using the term "feeling other's emotions" and "understanding other's emotions." People with autism typically do not understand other's emotions, but they feel other's normally or even more than normal. This is contrasted with sociopaths, who typically understand other's emotions very well but do not feel them. It can be akin to "hearing the lyrics without the music."

You may think that that already shows it's mutually exclusive, but I do not think so. I seem to have skipped autism's hypersensitivity but everyone agrees that I'm autistic, I have abysmal social skills, fixate on certain topics to the annoyance of others (special interests), poor eye contact (although the severity of that has lessened), et.c. Now I mentioned callous and emotional traits before, traits in children that may lead to sociopathy as an adult. Sometimes I think it's autism is a misdiagnosis but I'm very lacking in self awareness in general.

My childhood is very blurry like a distant dream. But I do remember some things. In kindergarten I found it funny when people cried, I would point and laugh at them. Year later I would try to murder a girl in a fit of rage. Do not remember if I felt guilty or remorseful. Parents berated me for it. 3rd grade; boy told me I would laugh if he died. Seemed to have calmed down after that, until 7th grade.

Now you may be wondering "Why are you admitting these bad things about yourself?" - firstly I'm an attention whore and secondly, I still have somewhat of a hope I don't turn out to be a future criminal; maybe someone here can help me. 7th grade though, I started to consider people more in an "us vs. them" mentality; me being a le shy introvert and them being stupid normies. Began feeling less. Seemed to have been the beginning of depression, but I don't quite remember that well.

Started fighting more with parents. Now I should remember I would sometimes have meltdowns before this; I believe I felt guilty about them but again, it all feels like another lifetime. There was at least a shift though, I would start to become false angry. I would act very angry while feeling nothing on the inside. It's not quite an act, it would be beneficial to everyone if I stopped being like this, but I cannot. Everything seems to have gotten worse since 7th grade, but I believe my false anger is becoming more controllable. I can now stop yelling for a bit and talk rationally.

The beginning of the antisocial (not to be confused with asocial) behavior started around mid-2019. There was this guy I was quite fond of online, we'll call him ExF, short for ex-friend. He started to pull away from me and I tried to keep the friendship alive. Now this all sounds nice and all but the problem started when I would harass him in servers with my fetish. I would frequently ask him questions about it, talk about uh... doing stuff, don't want to be too NSFW because that's not the point of this thread + I'm only 16. He made it very clear to me that he found it disgusting and that it made him feel bad.

I would frequently claim I was sorry but never truly was, I never stopped even if he blocked me. I do remember a shift in the way I experienced attachment to people. It used to feel meaningful, fulfilling, but that slowly started to go away. The reason I was so fond of him was because it would distract me from the emptiness I felt inside, knowing about him, et.c. I even call him my "not-crush" (I am incapable of romantic love). Eventually it escalated into me making alternate accounts to stalk him and gather information. I told people online about it and they said it was a terrible thing to do, so I stopped.

I don't quite remember what I felt when I stopped stalking him. I even admitted to it. Eventually he completed pulled away from me, and we stopped talking since. It would ruin my day if he said something like "idc," so I had to be the one to stop talking to him because it was seriously bad for my mental health. Eventually, deleted all his messages with me, and that's when I knew it was truly over. That's when the boredom magnified. Parents would restrict my access to the internet and I got extremely bored and false angry. I tried to pick up many offline hobbies but none quite captivated me.

To this day, I am highly irresponsible, even accounting for my age. I have hurt my puppy and threatened to do worse to her because she was in the way when arguing with my parents. I do not feel remorseful/guilty/empathetic about it, but acknowledge it's immoral. When I think about what I did, it's like "Meh, whatever." I do not really want to be a monster, but I feel like it is inevitable.

What do you guys make out of all of this?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

autist and psychopath are much opposing traits

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    autist and psychopath are much opposing traits
    Fuck you; I made a long ass post that addressed this and you have the audacity to make it obvious you didn't even bother reading anything beyond the title?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm beginning to think u keep inventing ways to convince yourself you're bad. my iei ex is the same way. i assumed it was because he grew up catholic.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

sorry. you can get mad at me too

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    i'm beginning to think u keep inventing ways to convince yourself you're bad. my iei ex is the same way. i assumed it was because he grew up catholic.
    I've considered that but don't think so.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneTriz View Post
    Do you guys think it's possible to be an autistic sociopath? For me, my autism was really obvious but I also had callous and unemotional traits since childhood. Some people may be ignorant and think "well you just lack empathy because you're autistic" but that's a misunderstanding of both autism and sociopathy. I do not find empathy a useful term because people often use it differently than others. Instead, I will be using the term "feeling other's emotions" and "understanding other's emotions." People with autism typically do not understand other's emotions, but they feel other's normally or even more than normal. This is contrasted with sociopaths, who typically understand other's emotions very well but do not feel them. It can be akin to "hearing the lyrics without the music."

You may think that that already shows it's mutually exclusive, but I do not think so. I seem to have skipped autism's hypersensitivity but everyone agrees that I'm autistic, I have abysmal social skills, fixate on certain topics to the annoyance of others (special interests), poor eye contact (although the severity of that has lessened), et.c. Now I mentioned callous and emotional traits before, traits in children that may lead to sociopathy as an adult. Sometimes I think it's autism is a misdiagnosis but I'm very lacking in self awareness in general.

My childhood is very blurry like a distant dream. But I do remember some things. In kindergarten I found it funny when people cried, I would point and laugh at them. Year later I would try to murder a girl in a fit of rage. Do not remember if I felt guilty or remorseful. Parents berated me for it. 3rd grade; boy told me I would laugh if he died. Seemed to have calmed down after that, until 7th grade.

Now you may be wondering "Why are you admitting these bad things about yourself?" - firstly I'm an attention whore and secondly, I still have somewhat of a hope I don't turn out to be a future criminal; maybe someone here can help me. 7th grade though, I started to consider people more in an "us vs. them" mentality; me being a le shy introvert and them being stupid normies. Began feeling less. Seemed to have been the beginning of depression, but I don't quite remember that well.

Started fighting more with parents. Now I should remember I would sometimes have meltdowns before this; I believe I felt guilty about them but again, it all feels like another lifetime. There was at least a shift though, I would start to become false angry. I would act very angry while feeling nothing on the inside. It's not quite an act, it would be beneficial to everyone if I stopped being like this, but I cannot. Everything seems to have gotten worse since 7th grade, but I believe my false anger is becoming more controllable. I can now stop yelling for a bit and talk rationally.

The beginning of the antisocial (not to be confused with asocial) behavior started around mid-2019. There was this guy I was quite fond of online, we'll call him ExF, short for ex-friend. He started to pull away from me and I tried to keep the friendship alive. Now this all sounds nice and all but the problem started when I would harass him in servers with my fetish. I would frequently ask him questions about it, talk about uh... doing stuff, don't want to be too NSFW because that's not the point of this thread + I'm only 16. He made it very clear to me that he found it disgusting and that it made him feel bad.

I would frequently claim I was sorry but never truly was, I never stopped even if he blocked me. I do remember a shift in the way I experienced attachment to people. It used to feel meaningful, fulfilling, but that slowly started to go away. The reason I was so fond of him was because it would distract me from the emptiness I felt inside, knowing about him, et.c. I even call him my "not-crush" (I am incapable of romantic love). Eventually it escalated into me making alternate accounts to stalk him and gather information. I told people online about it and they said it was a terrible thing to do, so I stopped.

I don't quite remember what I felt when I stopped stalking him. I even admitted to it. Eventually he completed pulled away from me, and we stopped talking since. It would ruin my day if he said something like "idc," so I had to be the one to stop talking to him because it was seriously bad for my mental health. Eventually, deleted all his messages with me, and that's when I knew it was truly over. That's when the boredom magnified. Parents would restrict my access to the internet and I got extremely bored and false angry. I tried to pick up many offline hobbies but none quite captivated me.

To this day, I am highly irresponsible, even accounting for my age. I have hurt my puppy and threatened to do worse to her because she was in the way when arguing with my parents. I do not feel remorseful/guilty/empathetic about it, but acknowledge it's immoral. When I think about what I did, it's like "Meh, whatever." I do not really want to be a monster, but I feel like it is inevitable.

What do you guys make out of all of this?
    Autistic psychopath has become a misnomer. Psychopathy used to mean any mental problem.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    any mental problem.
    And synonymous for a person with unwanted political opinions.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I guess they are technically possible? I do not know too much about this, but the question of ToM/mentalization would be pretty interesting for someone who has "both."

I also think sociopath/psychopath can be kind of subjective? As no diagnosis of such name exists.
    Well there kinda is antisocial pd; but there's some distinction between them all; I don't really get it myself honestly.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there kinda is antisocial pd; but there's some distinction between them all; I don't really get it myself honestly.
    R. Hare's definition is the best there is regarding this subject. Since we're not psychiatrists we can discuss the topic openly no matter if it's featured in the DSM or not. It's just structured that way to make it seem arcane to the general pleb.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aciaradh View Post
    You might also want to talk to Nanashi, as she has experience working with people dark tetrad traits.
    I'd avoid that, she's just gonna verbally abuse him while flicking her bean furiously. At least that's what I imagine she does.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aciaradh View Post
    Not a psychologist, but do you have any experience studying personality disorders? I'm not saying you are misdiagnosed with autism (though you could certainly look into that with a professional and research on your own)--but the majority of what you're describing sounds like Histrionic and/or Antisocial tendencies, and would not likely be the sole result of being on the Spectrum. You might also want to talk to Nanashi, as she has experience working with people who demonstrate dark tetrad traits.
    Somewhat, I used to think I was schizoid about a year ago. And yeah, I noticed I had histrionic and antisocial tendencies recently. Maybe this changing my mind shows it's just a puberty thing, dunno, only time will tell. Did not know that about nanashi though, neat.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me a little of how I was at that age. It seems like you're lonely and don't have much experience interacting with others. Are you homeschooled?

It sounds like you do feel remorse for how you act. You obviously don't want to be how you are, so it might be helpful to think about why you do act like that. I would guess it's related to a feeling that you don't control anything in your life, but you should try to figure that out for yourself. Once you have a better understanding of your motivations it's easier to understand how to change how you act.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    You remind me a little of how I was at that age. It seems like you're lonely and don't have much experience interacting with others. Are you homeschooled?

It sounds like you do feel remorse for how you act. You obviously don't want to be how you are, so it might be helpful to think about why you do act like that. I would guess it's related to a feeling that you don't control anything in your life, but you should try to figure that out for yourself. Once you have a better understanding of your motivations it's easier to understand how to change how you act.
    idk if im lonely, I go to public school and ignore people and they ignore me. I think I act out of this out of boredom and deep unfulfillment but i dunno.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    https://focus.psychiatryonline.org/d...focus.11.2.178

here is something might be of interest. im sure lit exists on autism and mentalization too. You can contrast the two. Those authors (esp Bateman and Fonagy) I linked are responsible for "mentalization" construct/lit. Look up more of their stuff. You can also call it empathy, perspective taking, theory of mind. They may not be precisely the same thing but they get at the general gist of what you talked about in OP.

you're in high school? Maybe you can direct some of these questions to your teachers? Share only what is appropriate ofc.
    Huh interesting, will look at it today. And yeah I'm in high school; don't see how my teachers could help but thanks.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk if im lonely, I go to public school and ignore people and they ignore me. I think I act out of this out of boredom and deep unfulfillment but i dunno.
    Could you involve yourself in any extracurriculars?

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. It's considered a spectrum and you will probably find someone that claims to be autistic and psychopathic and has a psychiatric or psychologist to back that claim up.

But generally, from my experience of myself anyway and how I see the world and other people generally, I have a lot of empathy, but it's detached. I have to process things after the fact to understand how other people really feel and how I feel about them. And this, imo, makes me more empathetic because I generally end up with a more deeper understanding of people's emotions and their motivations. Normal people will process in the moment and after the moment, but they will spend less time processing after the moment. So in a way their empathy can be less at times when they are only concerned with momentary feelings or building rapport, but I will come off socially awkward or retarded for not building rapport very easily as well (which sometimes is just much easier than having to overthink everything). A psychopath will also process in the moment and can build rapport, but will spend little, if any time, processing after the fact. So if autistics are socially retarded, but can be highly empathetic, then psychopaths are empathy retards, but can be social butterflies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Could you involve yourself in any extracurriculars?
    no dude it's still virtual school cuz of Covid-19

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I don't know. It's considered a spectrum and you will probably find someone that claims to be autistic and psychopathic and has a psychiatric or psychologist to back that claim up.

But generally, from my experience of myself anyway and how I see the world and other people generally, I have a lot of empathy, but it's detached. I have to process things after the fact to understand how other people really feel and how I feel about them. And this, imo, makes me more empathetic because I generally end up with a more deeper understanding of people's emotions and their motivations. Normal people will process in the moment and after the moment, but they will spend less time processing after the moment. So in a way their empathy can be less at times when they are only concerned with momentary feelings or building rapport, but I will come off socially awkward or retarded for not building rapport very easily as well (which sometimes is just much easier than having to overthink everything). A psychopath will also process in the moment and can build rapport, but will spend little, if any time, processing after the fact. So if autistics are socially retarded, but can be highly empathetic, then psychopaths are empathy retards, but can be social butterflies.
    Yeah I mentioned the last part; I'm socially and empathically retarded was my point; among other things

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think autists mainly have trouble with looking at things from others' point of view, while psychopaths have difficulties with understanding (or "feeling") others' emotions. Apparently the former is called "cognitive empathy" and the latter is called "affective empathy". You could potentially have trouble with both.

My view is that either are "emulation" or "virtualization" of the brain. You're playing it in your head that are 1) imagining what the other person might be thinking and 2) imagining what the other person might be feeling. This comes from the assumption that if you can think a certain way, then the other person can too, and if you can feel a certain way, then the other person can feel it too. Because both are likely to have the exact same "hardware" (the brain), and so both have the potential to "run" or "execute" the exact same things (the software).

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds twisted. Apparently by searching more material around this there are more examples of this. The problem is probably that people mix autism with personality quirks (personality disorders are more fitting).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Just to be clear, have you consulted a doctor for your condition (autism and/or possible psychopathy)?
    Yeah I did a psychological evaluation and my old neurologist diagnosed me with autism when I was 12; still yet to bring up the antisocial behavior to my therapist.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I see. Thanks for clarifying.

When you keep mostly to yourself and not get involved with the reality of life, there is a tendency to lose your self and have a lot of thoughts that are not really realistic. You might also develop the habit of having some delusions.

Admitting that you are an attention-seeker and acting like so is mostly what I see in young kids when they don't get attention they need from parents. Sometimes they get into some good relationships with their classmates but they act too needy or their perceptions of relationship is way different than what it really is. I don't really know how to fix this as I'm not a therapist but it would be good to have someone older who can do the mentorship role to help the kid get into the right direction. Having someone more mature who you can turn to for advice is important for overall development. If you don't have that just be aware of the situation and maybe ask some older, well-meaning people here to help you with your problems. If you are close to your parents, talk to them as much as possible. Some people have problems with their parents - parents don't listen to children's concerns sometimes or not empathize with their children because of many reasons. If that happens try to avoid pouring your feelings out and make conversations civil but fun.
    Interesting that you picked up on me not having a realistic worldview. My relation with my parents is kinda fucked up in a way that's hard to describe. I don't know any opportunities for mentorship. Thank you.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE View Post
    Didn't you know that there's a bit of psychopath in all of us....?
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/vbkx...ut-psychopaths
    Well yeah but I'm not talking about harmless or minor stuff; I'm talking about an actual problem. Also, I cannot access the link from the computer I'm using. Am not allowed to use any device that would let me access it.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contemplating being a psychopath does not maketh one.
    False, psychopaths can lack self-awareness. The thing that makes someone extremely unlikely to be a psychopath is worrying about it. I do not worry.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why make a public thread on it then?
    Attention whoring + hope that I can be changed.

I suggest that you try inquiry and the Work of Byron Katie (starting with parents), not to become more or less of a monster but to gain clarity. It is for free and there is a supportive online community. Oftentimes complex PTSD is diagnosed as autism.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    I suggest that you try inquiry and the Work of Byron Katie (starting with parents), not to become more or less of a monster but to gain clarity. It is for free and there is a supportive online community. Oftentimes complex PTSD is diagnosed as autism.
    I don't think I've been through trauma or abuse. Maybe I'm just a dumbass teenager going through a phase. Only time will tell.

I don't think I've been through trauma or abuse
    People experience these things differently due to varying degrees of sensitivity etc. Almost everyone has experienced stress that keeps being carried. In a way, it is part of the human condition. Also, it is not about pointing the finger and whatnot.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intense World Theory of Autism
    I vaguely remember being slightly more sensitive as a child, but nothing like this describes. I remember hearing something about "the dim world of psychopathy" where everything is boring/underwhelming and that describes me perfectly. Yet, I have abysmal social skills. What is this shit?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The world of neuropsychologly is mostly clueless.

Have you heard that psychosis (not psychopathy) and autism are supposed to be polar opposites? Still behaviorally psychotics have autistic symptoms and autistic have psychotic symptoms. Maybe it can be explained by the filtering mechanism (top-down vs bottom-up) and then fixation enters into a picture as in a horseshoe theory.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keymaster View Post
    Intense World Theory of Autism
    I vaguely remember being slightly more sensitive as a child, but nothing like this describes. I remember hearing something about "the dim world of psychopathy" where everything is boring/underwhelming and that describes me perfectly. Yet, I have abysmal social skills. What is this shit?
    its all related. u do have autism. autists can have poor empathy and social skills and be very insensitive instead of sensitive. it has a lot of overlap with other disorders. this is called comorbidity. what makes u one thing is actually multiple factors than can make u variations of it and others. the label doesnt matter. IEEs tend to have more pain tolerance. extroverts in general tend to have more pain tolerance and be less sensitive. its due to muscle function affecting the nervous system and organs in people with autism who have bigger brains and bodies more aligned to that. they have hunter genes that make u unfit to live in the modern world which translates into all kinds of weird issues.
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-ma...ndreas-Hofer-5
    autism has severities of symptoms raging from one end to the other.
    https://andreashofer72.medium.com/th...s-4ce861daa697
    https://www.quora.com/Why-do-eminent...ndreas-Hofer-5

ENxP is correlated to histrionic personality disorder (like ESFP) and ADD. intuitive variants tend to prefer more alone time than sensors. due to this a lot of ENxx tend to type themselves INxx. ENxPs were long distance marathon runners. long distance running isrelated to BDNF hormone release, high energy and better thinking when moving, and this is related to Ne being the most energy expensive function on Dario Nardi brain scans. ENxPs are a sort of champion character that would make those impressive long distance runs with hunters. they were separated in bands instead of tribes and were not hostile to each other like sensors (sensor aggression proclivity noted on the 2020 election thread by a SLE), ENxPs would pass a lot of people when doing that. moving on forgetting. they are also known for being hoes and cheaters. ENFP Ti PoLR translated into such archetype yet actual human way of life that's completely grounded in reality. ENFPs tend to become workaholics and bend to everyone else's expectations. My IEE sister was very annoyingly persistent and endured more pain than me. I fat shamed her after talking a lot of shit for her not minding hurting me for attention which built up for her over the years. She started eating "healthy" like a lot of people and fitness shitheads push themselves to with stupid slogans and lost her period. She's more sensitive to criticisms than actual pain.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keymaster View Post
    I do not find empathy a useful term because people often use it differently than others. Instead, I will be using the term "feeling other's emotions" and "understanding other's emotions." People with autism typically do not understand other's emotions, but they feel other's normally or even more than normal. This is contrasted with sociopaths, who typically understand other's emotions very well but do not feel them. It can be akin to "hearing the lyrics without the music."
    These are just different types of empathy. You can specify which type of empathy you're referring to if you would like to ensure that participants in the conversation are synchronized in their definitions for clear communication.

https://embrace-autism.com/the-diffe...es-of-empathy/

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I know that autistic people have overdeveloped affective empathy and underdeveloped cognitive empathy- they are good at being emotional sponges and even often have such wonderful genuine affection for people many times much stronger than neurotypicals, but they lack the cognitive empathy that is necessary to navigate a lot of real world social situations. Heterosexual Normies tend to have the opposite problem- and they are good at logically deciphering how a person is really thinking so they can respond to what a person said in the 'appropriate' manner, but won't 'sit with' another person's feelings and can come off like cold assholes too because of it. The key is to have balanced affective and cognitive empathy but nobody is perfect and as they say 'God gives with one hand.'

I'm not really autistic, but my affective empathy is also a lot better than my cognitive empathy. The two different forms of empathy u were talking about in the beginning are officially defined as that btw.

I was understanding with you up until the point were you admitted to hurting puppies. Somebody hurting an animal is a pet peeve of mine and I am not my normal lenient and easygoing self and I get Nurse Ratched on them because it is immoral and fucked up.