Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ability to remember every second of your life

Here is something quite interesting, and light, after the not-light stuff I just posted. This is for people interested in fascinating things about people.

"Imagine being able to remember every second of your life" This is a Sixty Minutes production (a popular TV program in the USA).

I have read some biographies on Pope John Paul II, and though this is never said by any of those authors, or anyone else I heard of, I think JPII had the unusual ability explained in this video. Because he could remember every person he ever met, their names, and the context of when they met, even if they said little and met only briefly, decades before. Which is unexplainable, other than this rare ability (or a supernatural gift of God), since one can easily argue that there was no one who ever lived on earth that met more people than JPII. An extremely useful gift for his vocation, especially how he chose to live his vocation, circling the earth to meet everyone, all the time. Also helpful for an actress, and, well, most of us. In this video, we can see that Marilu Henner is quite well-acclimated to her gift, while another woman with it clearly feels the burden (which seems a very normal thing to feel!).

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is really amazing. Huh. People's brains are fascinating.