TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question DNCH Subtypes and Employability During a Crisis

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-the-Aid-of-HR

As you guys can see, there's an article out there that looks at the advantages and disadvantages of hiring different DNCH subtypes during a crisis situation. What are your takes on this?

Personally, I find this article to be too discriminatory in nature. It appears that the writer strongly recommends hiring rational subtypes (dominant especially), while avoiding harmonizing ones. As someone who leans towards creative/harmonizing (depending on the system), I find this quite insulting to read. While I might not be too invested in reading Socionics articles, this is basically the equivalent of the MBTI community calling sensors stupid.

I believe that even in crisis situations, having people of different subtypes can balance a team. In fact, the writer clearly states that you can't have too many dominants working on the same project. However, the writer seems to really idolize them going as far as saying that they have no major disadvantages outside of work while all the other types gets some sort of career advice on how to improve themselves. For the harmonizing subtype especially, the writer tells them to avoid corporate group work all together so they can work individually. The problem is that a person cannot simply "work by themselves" because even freelancers have to interact with clients and possibly other workers. Also, this may not even be a privilege for some people. This article basically tells harmonizers to gave up while normalizers and creatives get advice on how to deal with their weaknesses.

Also, there clearly are disadvantages for dominant subtypes. They tend to be more aggressive and rude than people of other subtypes, and they impose too much of their type philosophy on others sometimes without considering other perspectives. Taken too far, this can be very toxic for certain companies. Some advantages for harmonizers include agreeability, adaptability, and the ability to get a long well with other team members. Of course, both subtypes can improve on their weaknesses as well. Dominants can learn to be more considerate of others while harmonizers can learn to be more assertive. I think a good example of a harmonizing leader would be Bill Gates post- Microsoft. While he is working outside of what LIEs typically do and donating most of his money to philanthropy, he doesn't seem to have much problems as a leader.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article makes sense. Given times of employment crisis, it’s chaos and dominant subtype will be the most valuable as they’re going to get everything in manageable order due to Te accentuation. Harmonizing subtype is opposite of dominant subtype and they are least likely to voice what’s wrong or what doesn’t work because they don’t want to cause conflict so they’ll be silent. Normalizing subtype keeps the situation stabilized and will be of assistance to the dominant subtype.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not entirely true. Dominant is Te or Fe accentuation. Fe accentuation. Uh oh. It's literally the exact opposite of what you said. Besides, Te isn't gonna make them a better manager. It's gonna make them more autistic about procedure.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I do recognize myself in the Creative subtype description. The D and N types are the worker ants, they're conscientious and good corporate drones, but without the C's and H's we'd be very productive and effective in building .... stone age products. The H subtypes will be useful in avoiding a crisis in the first place because D's and N's can have tunnel vision, while C subtypes are often behind the disruptions of the status quo with products that make the old ones completely obsolete.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It really depends on the crisis. Duh. You need stable workers don't have any ->crisis etc.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Alomoes
    I don't think Fe accentation is about being a mediator. Sure, Fe ego types who are harmonizers will use Fe to mediate, but Fe accentation is more about emotional intensity and dramatic displays for persuasive purposes. I'd say Taylor Swift is an example of a dominant beta NF.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominant subtype is the only subtype with Te accentuation. Fe accentuation is both in dominant and creative subtypes. Please ignore Alomoes. He just says whatever foolishness that pops out from his broken brain.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly socionics articles in general can be prescriptive/“discriminatory” I personally take them as rough guides so I wouldn’t take “Hs cannot be useful in a crisis situation” thing too personally. Some people can still. DCNH (or this article) may be oversimplified, etc

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

According that article I'm C. According G descriptions I'm D.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    According that article I'm C. According G descriptions I'm D.
    According to J Peterson (the undeniable god of us) creative people are usually employable only in short bursts but they'll solve all your problems and then you dump them.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see myself in all 4, depends on the mood really.

D: Not a doormat/pussy and aggressive when it comes to protecting time and energy from leeches. Good at scaring ppl if I feel like it.
    C: Fucked up in the head. Stimming, just really strange and oftentimes embarrassing social behavior. Disconnected from the environment. Tries to take shortcuts, dislikes inefficiency in a general sense.
    N: Thinks long term and tries to have good time management. More of a planner. Somewhat routine.
    H: Not a pussy when it comes to Se, but definitely a pussy in every other area of life. Trying to please people whenever possible from a young age, apologizing really often. Struggles with self worth. Laidback.

The only subtype accentuation system that makes perfect sense is contact-inert IMO. DCNH is kind of like Enneagram to me. Admittedly it's always entertaining to read descriptions.
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 02-26-2021 at 06:44 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you're none of the subtypes?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    What if you're none of the subtypes?
    Complex subtype runs in bankrupt start up loop forever.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCNH subtypes describes a person’s default cognitive map. If you only read the descriptions without understanding the structure and how it works, you’re not going to get the right context. The functions explain the details and motivations which creates type descriptions that are used as a synthesis of the type image. I’m wary of descriptions in general since most people read descriptions without understanding the functions and it’s because of the functions that explain motivation. Imagery descriptions and foundational understanding of functions goes hand in hand.

Also, DISC is more popular to measure employment styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    According to J Peterson (the undeniable god of us) creative people are usually employable only in short bursts but they'll solve all your problems and then you dump them.
    Lol, usually it's me the one who dump them. I basically work in bursts. Usually change jobs quickly or take temporary jobs.
    Last edited by Hope; 02-27-2021 at 01:04 PM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in this DNCH Subtypes, I could be a Ne subtype no matter what my type is. Interesting.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Lol, usually it's me the one who dump them. I basically work in bursts. Usually change jobs quickly or take temporal jobs.
    You mb C.

If we continue with J Peterson reasoning further, agreeable (aka H's) are the ones who will get pushed over when it comes to competition. Somehow I find this scenario from experienced individual better than just pure speculation.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm probably Fe/Te or Ne/Se. Flip a coin.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko