Thread: Which e-type do you like for super-ego relations?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which e-type do you like for super-ego relations?

I’m really curious about this. Which enneagram type are you attracted to when it comes to relationships with super-ego types?

My super-ego would be SLI and so far I have only met SLI with enneagram type 9,5 or 6. Actually I’m not even sure I’ve met a 5 but possibly.

I can’t imagine dating a 9 (I am e9) but I suppose I could imagine dating either a 5 or a 6. Perhaps 5 seems more appealing though.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI can make good friends, but I wouldn’t date one.

The 9s are chill and let me use my Ni and Fe without trying to stop me.
    I like the idea of hanging out with a 5 so long as they are not Te subtype. When they integrate to 8 with that creative Te imma just slip out the back, ya feel? Lol

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I didn’t think about the integration to 8. I’m really curious to meet a 5 now (for friendship maybe). I know a 6- he’s a bit flirty so I’d have to be careful. Also know a 9..interesting guy, fun to hang out with at a party. My friend’s bf could be a 6/5. He seems kinda intellectual.

I seem to have ‘steady’ friendships with 5s (intp, isfp, entp).

Maybe a 6 would be ok too- sometimes I get on well with 6s.

The reason I’d be put off dating istp is I’d be worried they’d leave me for an enfp. Same with entps. I guess it’s not that simple but still, I feel like there are loads of isfp and enfp women out there they could easily find.

There are less intp women so a semi dual might be safer haha.

And a lot of esfps are 7s which is my fave e-type.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jeez. Me and a SLI together feels awkward as hell. Just so damn awkward. We are naturally suspicious or paranoid/terrified of each other. The SLI seems more scared than I am, but then again I don't have much faith I could actually do anything to ease their anxieties.

Umm what enneagram type would be the best if we were somehow a couple? Uhhh... lol. Not sure. maybe type 7- as would that make them the most SLE-like kinda/sorta?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ta. So I think my dad is SLI. We are both e9 and both pretty quiet people who can struggle with words. We don’t really talk much but I still wouldn’t call our relationship bad. He always comes round to fix things lol. Funny thing is, since I’ve learnt about socionics and paid more attention to reading about SLI..it’s almost like he can tell
    something is different. He seems more enthusiastic to see me and this must put me at ease..the conversation seems much more relaxed and a bit more vibrant.

SLIs seem to like me and want to listen to me more than other types so for this reason I want to get to know them more. (Perhaps they can sense that I don’t judge them too much and find me easy-going?) I do kinda like their randomness and how relaxed they can be. And they have some interesting things to say!

Maybe it helps coz I am e9. Are you e4 @BandD? I feel so old because I don’t know how to tag, do you need to be friends?)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Bethany

I think I'm a 9 but I don't think about enneagram that often. 9 for me me makes more sense to me than 4 but I probably come off like a 4 when you first meet me/don't know me that well yet. ((as I'm an artist which is a very 4 like quality.)) I think I grow more being like a healthy 3 than a healthy 1 though. Very much so. 1s make me puke no matter what. =/ And disintegrating to 6 makes a lot of sense for me as the anxiety issues I struggled with.

And no, I don't think you need to be friends to tag somebody.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BandD coool. You probs just have have 4 in your tritype. Ah yes, I know all about the disintegration to 6. I used to be more 3 like before anxiety took hold and dragged me down to 6 haha. I don’t know loads but atm I’m thinking about people’s core instincts/type and tritypes. I’m a social 9 and 946 tritype.

e9 artist is great, I do a bit of art every now and again

oh 1s, ya..don’t know many..but there’s an ESE 1 who I’ve always been in awe of

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i sometimes think my jock-country husband when I was twenty and deep in fundie country was ESE. but he was so brainwashed it's difficult to type him

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    i sometimes think my jock-country husband when I was twenty and deep in fundie country was ESE. but he was so brainwashed it's difficult to type him
    Send pics. We can help.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My super-ego type is ESE, and I've met some ESEs, and they are all enneatype 2. All of them.

I'm e8, and the research shows that e8s and e2s are one of the better matches. https://www.9types.com/writeup/ennea...ationships.php

I know a male ESE who is e2, and yes, the guy is helpful and polite and sometimes funny and is a really decent human being, but I'm not gay, and aside from me admiring his taste in interior design, we don't have anything to talk about.

As for the female ESE e2's, I know a couple, and they are also helpful and polite and sometimes funny and are really decent human beings but they both look like men to me. It's that Exxj jaw thing.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn’t matter. Superego tends to be distant but respectful so there’s not much interaction anyway.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My super-ego type is ESE, and I've met some ESEs, and they are all enneatype 2. All of them.

I'm e8, and the research shows that e8s and e2s are one of the better matches. https://www.9types.com/writeup/ennea...ationships.php
    I remember looking at the chart a lot haha. Just before I found out about socionics. I think it’s pretty accurate!

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

I know a male ESE who is e2, and yes, the guy is helpful and polite and sometimes funny and is a really decent human being, but I'm not gay, and aside from me admiring his taste in interior design, we don't have anything to talk about.

As for the female ESE e2's, I know a couple, and they are also helpful and polite and sometimes funny and are really decent human beings but they both look like men to me. It's that Exxj jaw thing.
    Hahaha.

Oh I'm very fond of enneagram 2!
    But I don't like Fe, too much Fe turns me off (again, I can always notice, I'm that good at reading people)

Speaking of e2, if it combines with Fi instead of Fe, which means IEE e2, or SEE e2, even ESI e2, these people are most likely to get my attention.
    I'm sure this is how I started admiring an ESI, when I started recognising his 2-ish, it's like a weakness to my 8 core.

---

About the superego relations, I don't think one would date their super-ego.
    Like, why?
    You respect each other it's already good enough.
    Last edited by Scarlett; 02-24-2021 at 06:16 AM.