4 Thread(s)

Default Hey, pay attention to this broad over here

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hi @ashlesha. <3 Hope you're doing well.

My suggestion: Make a video of the 3 other gammas (SEE, LIE, & ILI) and talk about what you like and don't like of each type and what you view are their strengths and weaknesses.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alternately, you could talk about your interpersonal interactions with the various types. Strat did a lot of that, much to the benefit of this forum.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you teach me how to cook. I bought all these vegetables to eat healthy and all I do is throw olive oil and spices on em and fry them. Delicious, but I think I'm doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really sorry @ashlesha. For the pretenses of talking about type, how do you feel your ITR have been impacted by your injury (only if that's comfortable for you though)? Do you find the dualization process to be slightly different now?

But..if you need something fun to talk about--what have been some of the most fulfilling experiences you've ever had? Also, if you could be any ice cream flavor, what would it be?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm rewatching this video as it uploads and I'd like to mention that it will include me saying "sorry Adam, but that's too big"

I might come back to answer the big ones when I'm less pressed for time
    (after I'm back from my trip on Tuesday, when I'll also be more emotionally and mentally stable lol)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I'm rewatching this video as it uploads and I'd like to mention that it will include me saying "sorry Adam, but that's too big"

I might come back to answer the big ones when I'm less pressed for time
    (after I'm back from my trip on Tuesday, when I'll also be more emotionally and mentally stable lol)
    Well, maybe you can try again later, when you have given it more thought.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'll leave this a day without any mf'ing comments before I delete it. Unless I get a strong whim to delete it sooner than that

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi ashlesha! u look like a teen cutey!

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute. Seems like you have more expressiveness and irrationality than the stereotypical ESI, positive things in my opinion. More like IEE?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have picked up on a certain, hm, infantilism, lol, in my expression. And Ive wondered about the presence of Ne in my cognitive system right now but I don't know if it's worth exploring? Hard to break out a tendency toward flights of fancy from extended isolation (Honestly a little worried about my sanity right now so you can consider this a cry for help, but that's why I'm taking a vacation in a couple days)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

And thanks for de compliments, they ease my horror at the lighting of the video when I switched browser tabs

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have picked up on a certain, hm, infantilism, lol, in my expression. And Ive wondered about the presence of Ne in my cognitive system right now but I don't know if it's worth exploring? Hard to break out a tendency toward flights of fancy from extended isolation (Honestly a little worried about my sanity right now so you can consider this a cry for help, but that's why I'm taking a vacation in a couple days)
    Actually it might not be Ne, it's more like Fe is boosted and doesn't seem like the ignoring function anymore. Often Fi leads on video seem constipated to me while Fe egos are easier to listen to. I found these videos easy to watch. Or in DCNH if it would be the 'contacting' dichotomy..

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I watched your second video and was struck by seeing your expressions seem to alternate between what I think of as an ESI-Fi and an LSI-Ti. Honestly, many of your expressions duplicated those of my last LSI gf. Must be the Se/Ni connection.
    I also got the impression that you are more logical now than you used to be, before you got bonked on the head. But that the “feelings” inside your head are slowly being reconnected.

As if being strictly Te without Fi amounts to brain damage.

But really, when you think about it, a list of Te facts is pretty simple, while having multiple Fi values associated with each of those facts requires many more connections.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The "more logical now, feelings reconnecting" - an unexpected moment of insight, Adam. Not illuminating to me, but it touches sharply on one of the complex inner dramas I've been having during the present times. Not a bad drama, just something I've been observing about myself that I don't think is immediately apparent. Astute of you, sir

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The thought that what you've observed could be attributed to switching between types... maybe that's not what you're saying exactly, but referencing more of a gestalt? Food for thought, anyway. I wonder if my usual thinking style is more Ti or Te during different moments

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the constant expressions on your face while talking suggests how deeply you feel about them, which is consistent with Fi. I can tell ur Fi expressions are in sync with your internal experience (vs Fe users, whose expressions are more in sync with the external environment/the topic of conversation).

Why is it so dark in your home btw? lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The "more logical now, feelings reconnecting" - an unexpected moment of insight, Adam. Not illuminating to me, but it touches sharply on one of the complex inner dramas I've been having during the present times. Not a bad drama, just something I've been observing about myself that I don't think is immediately apparent. Astute of you, sir
    Could you please not call me "sir"? Like, never again. I already have one female ESI doing that and it pisses off my democratic nature.
    My mental picture of myself is not a "sir", but is rather a heap of dark rags in a corner which houses thinking machines.
    Oh, wait. That's an ILI. My bad. I've been stuck inside the house too long.

The thought that what you've observed could be attributed to switching between types... maybe that's not what you're saying exactly, but referencing more of a gestalt? Food for thought, anyway. I wonder if my usual thinking style is more Ti or Te during different moments
    It's more likely to be that you are switching between mental states and mental processes, rather than switching between full types. Probably most people do this all the time, moreso when they are young and a few mental processes haven't yet come to dominate the personality, but in most adult people, the switch is more subtle and less visible.

Or, I could be crazy. There's that, too.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-17-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrDonkeyBallz View Post
    IMO the constant expressions on your face while talking suggests how deeply you feel about them, which is consistent with Fi. I can tell ur Fi expressions are in sync with your internal experience (vs Fe users, whose expressions are more in sync with the external environment/the topic of conversation).

Why is it so dark in your home btw? lol
    There's no overhead light, just the lamp on my work desk, which was kinda shielded by the room divider I have so I can avoid looking at my work desk, lol. I looked at standing lamps for my living room, but decided it was pointless if I'm going to move in a few months anyway

There's a point in the second video where my emotional tenor takes a sharp turn in a place that seems off. Which types can catch it!? Haha, it bugs me. There was sort of an internal click at that moment that I wanted to be more accurate in my overall expression. The Fe, condensed. Click

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange i know there are a million associations with the word "sir" (not all wholesome lol) but I've developed sort of a fondness for the casual respect that could be offered everyday amongst people if there weren't hangups about it, lol (omg inb4 open the door for me if u want. But if you're obviously prideful about it, I'll carry inward scorn, soz)

Oh, and edit: yes, I remember you asking me about this once before, but I forgot. It's back in the memory bucket, sorry

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C-ESI

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm friendlier to the idea of C subtype than I used to be (my understanding of those subtypes is so confused anyway)

BUT I will say that I wanna go with irrational sub these days, which would make it esi-se. Funny, because I'm way more chill and less interested in whether people know how strong I am or not, lol. But um. I understand irrationality in a whole new way now, lol. I am inclined to say I'm rational at the core, but do you see that butterfly?

Oh, and the cognitive test i took this morning gave infp. The results are around but not worth linking imo cuz I don't see it. And I think I went heavy on the dreaminess in my answers because I've been home alone for a long time, lol. But I invite you to throw the Frisbee

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good amount of restlessness. Experimenting with improvisation... that PoLR in and squeeze all the juices out of it and serve chilled.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a point in the second video where my emotional tenor takes a sharp turn in a place that seems off.
    yea I had an EII friend in college, it was morning time, I said hi to him, and to me, he didn't respond/express himself in the "socially appropriate way", like he looked straight ahead and didn't say anything and walked past me. to me it seemed rude, but to him he was probably just tired.

now that's probably an extreme example, but Fi-types "may appear" at times to be out of sync with their external environment, unless they develop additional outward persona.

Which types can catch it!? Haha, it bugs me. There was sort of an internal click at that moment that I wanted to be more accurate in my overall expression. The Fe, condensed. Click
    honestly I think it usually flies under people's radar unless they are actively looking or it's a pretty big thing like the EII friend. Most of the time it's subtle

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrDonkeyBallz View Post
    yea I had an EII friend in college, it was morning time, I said hi to him, and to me, he didn't respond/express himself in the "socially appropriate way", like he looked straight ahead and didn't say anything and walked past me. to me it seemed rude, but to him he was probably just tired.

now that's probably an extreme example, but Fi-types "may appear" at times to be out of sync with their external environment, unless they develop additional outward persona.

honestly I think it usually flies under people's radar unless they are actively looking or it's a pretty big thing like the EII friend. Most of the time it's subtle
    Absent minded Ne mostly + mb some Fe ignoring (facially stunted). Hard to pay attention with dat Ne. The funny thing is that people often think I smile at them.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay not to be narcissistic and make this thread about me- but how ashlesha behaves really makes me think there is validity to my model XXX theory of 'Regressives.' Like to me she would still be Gamma but a Regressive Gamma looking back to Beta. so BG-ESI-xx ("Regressive" isn't inherently bad btw - it's an objective definition with no Fi. You can be a Regressive type and save the world and be a Progressive type and be a douchebag etc.)

I could be full of shit or I could be onto something. Anyway you decide:

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...25#post1431825

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Okay not to be narcissistic and make this thread about me- but how ashlesha behaves really makes me think there is validity to my model XXX theory of 'Regressives.' Like to me she would still be Gamma but a Regressive Gamma looking back to Beta. so BG-ESI-xx ("Regressive" isn't inherently bad btw - it's an objective definition with no Fi. You can be a Regressive type and save the world and be a Progressive type and be a douchebag etc.)

I could be full of shit or I could be onto something. Anyway you decide:

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...25#post1431825
    Being narcissistic while providing me with attention and information is win win
    And you present a new system to play with! Well done

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This model with regression is something I also just kinda took for granted and it has my full endorsement :>

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah u said ur brother is Beta right @ashlesha and I think our families naturally influence our type a lot both culturally and genetically. And u dated an IEI right. My parents were Alpha & my best male friend irl is ILE so it would make sense then I'd be Alpha influenced and an Alpha-like Beta.

Of course to be campy I also think it's possible to be a Delta-like Delta or whatever lol that's why there's 3 main categories (and 3 Xs!) Regressive, Core & Progressive.

You still are Gamma to me though cuz I mean when the logical str8 males go on their Te rants here you like it way more than I do and that's okay. <3

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My brother AND my parents, my entire family=beta. So yeah lol. And I've said before, I think, that the one major thing I took away from that is a stronger -Fe appreciation <3

And i wish logical str8 male Te rants could be like synesthetically morphed into an actual, functional, phallic object :<

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

And i wish logical str8 male Te rants could be like synesthetically morphed into an actual, functional, phallic object :<
    Excuse me but have you read anything more Ne in your life. Noticed after I wrote it

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Excuse me but have you read anything more Ne in your life. Noticed after I wrote it

Ne is more about projecting many past and current trends into the future and not making choices between them. Your statement seemed to wish to condense many rants into one object. That's Ni.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity, do you have any videos of yourself before the accident you’d be willing to share? I’m curious how/if you’ve changed, especially because I know an ESI IRL who reminds me a great deal of you.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you have any videos of yourself before the accident you’d be willing to share? I’m curious how/if you’ve changed, especially because I know an ESI IRL who reminds me a great deal of you.
    I didn't know i still had the banana ketchup video! I was looking for this weeks ago because I made it for bg and I wanted to reminisce. I noticed he's still around but I can't remember his username these days.

https://youtu.be/8K-X7ziLTvE

I can't figure out how to make it show from my phone and my time to kill until Tuesday is uncertain tell me later

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To me you don't seem like a different type... You just seem a bit scattered and emotionally discontiguous. ESI works still I think.

Sorry about your brain injury. I didn't know you had had one.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I excuse myself for egotistical shit for at least until the pandemic is over, lol. I made this over lunch for Facebook, when I wasn't thinking about this place.

Last edited by ashlesha; 02-23-2021 at 05:44 PM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you going on vacation?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)