Hybrid View

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    @Subteigh btw , if you want a real example of what would happen if laws and external authority were cancelled, you can read about Marina Abramovic’s Rhythm 0 , she presented herself as an object and allowed the public to do whatever they wanted with her without consequences or restrictions, and she took full responsibility for what would happen to her

If you want a fictional example, you can watch the Purge film series
    I never said that laws should be cancelled. The reality is that even without laws, the actions of individuals is limited by the actions of other individuals, including society as a whole.

In the case you gave, the person gave permission, so I'm not sure what you think it's illustrative of.

I only follow laws that I agree with and which it would be inconvenient if caught breaking them. If I consider a law immoral, I'm certainly not going to follow it.

Islam doesn't allow freedom of conscience, freedom of belief and so on, it wants to punish people even if they have thoughts contrary to Islam. I know what Islam is like when it exists in vacuum, it's like Islamic State and Muhammad. You may call Islam law, which arguably it is, doesn't mean it is moral. The central book of Islam (the Quran) permits genocide, terrorism, slavery, and rape, amongst other things I regard as awful, and endorses eternal torture.
    Last edited by Socionics Is A Cult; 12-06-2023 at 08:58 PM.

Hakuna Matata and the cycle of Samsara godslave's Avatar
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man (yes it had to be a man not a woman !) created Gods in his image.
    God is of the Human condition.
    Don't Judge God too harshly through the prism of our modern Civilized post enlightenment Ethics and Moral.
    God is as Moral as the highest Moral standards of time of the men who came up with its creation.
    Don't underestimate the power of group behavior, for it can turn off the judgement of the individuals within it.
    The most vile instincts, the shadows of the men, are expressed with frenzy without any psychic censorship under the intoxicating influence of group behavior.
    Beware of the man who, while being evil or delusional, can constitute control and manipulate groups of people.
    The Prophet, the shaman, the cult leader, the political leader,
    their power of persuasion compensates their weakness, they'll use you and abuse you, and you'll love it.
    Rituals and collective worshiping are what makes people united under the banner of faithfulness to the group.
    The archaic fear of ostracization is still one of the most powerful drive behind some of the most irrational behaviors.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Facebook bans Bible verses

Eliza, you just shared bullshit. Please delete it. You're scaring people and spreading untruths.

"Watson was wrong about his broad claim, but he was correct about links from Biblehub.com being banned.

Facebook does not censor Bible passages or posts with religious content. However, links to Biblehub.com were banned and prohibited from being posted.

After Newsweek reached out about the issue, Facebook stated it was in error and corrected it." https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...ssages-1565190

IF someone puts bible verses on a shitty website, it makes sense the shitty website being blocked might be seen as the bible being blocked. IT WAS NOT, though.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Eliza, you just shared bullshit. Please delete it. You're scaring people and spreading untruths.

"Watson was wrong about his broad claim, but he was correct about links from Biblehub.com being banned.

Facebook does not censor Bible passages or posts with religious content. However, links to Biblehub.com were banned and prohibited from being posted.

After Newsweek reached out about the issue, Facebook stated it was in error and corrected it." https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...ssages-1565190

IF someone puts bible verses on a shitty website, it makes sense the shitty website being blocked might be seen as the bible being blocked. IT WAS NOT, though.
    Interesting! Thanks.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456