that's alright I like the way it burnz DrDonkeyBallz's Avatar
    TIM
    LSI-N™ e1 SX
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gut check for anxiety and depression

I’ve always noticed that when I’m on the pot for a while, and I feel that my entire system has been cleansed away, that my anxiety and depression are almost always immediately relieved as well.

Why does this happen?

Inflammation in the gut.

When you have inflammation in the gut, you release an elevated amount of cytokines. Cytokines are a marker of inflammation in your body. Having higher than normal cytokines in your body over a period of time will lead to brain dysfunction and anxiety. And when you’re more anxious, this will lead to increased stomach acid (via nerve connections) leading to indigestion/pain/bloating/”fullness”

Now depending on what’s causing this inflammation in your gut, treat it appropriately:

1. If you have conditions such as IBS, consult your physician and take the appropriate medications.

2. If you suspect you have altered gut function due to poor eating/nutritional habits, try a probiotic and look into eating more gut-friendly diets (ex: perhaps a more alkaline diet. Fruits and vegetables reduce inflammation.)

3. Poop the anxiety away. Get some Magnesium. Get rid of all that acid by kicking starting your body with Magnesium. Magnesium not only relieves anxiety itself, but it acts as a natural laxative, thereby clearing all that excess acid in your body.

4. Advil/Ibuprofen may give you relief from anxiety/depression since they reduce inflammation. however, I'd use this sparingly.

In summary,

The state of our mood and our guts are interlinked together.

Pay attention to them, and take care of them accordingly.
    Last edited by DrDonkeyBallz; 02-13-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    Cybergang bullying is real. Don't let it happen to u. PM me for advice and we can destroy these nerds together forever

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought I was anxious, cynical and depressed, because I hated my job and other people I am forced to interact with kinda suck dick, they make me angry by causing me pain repeatedly. its like I'm a masochistic automaton on auto pilot-routine doing stuff to just survive and its eating away at my very being. the worst thing is having no sense of control or direction.

but it could be my gut, maybe if I fix my gut I'll be a good little drone or cog in the machine and stop complaining.

that's alright I like the way it burnz DrDonkeyBallz's Avatar
    TIM
    LSI-N™ e1 SX
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I always thought I was anxious, cynical and depressed, because I hated my job and other people I am forced to interact with kinda suck dick, they make me angry by causing me pain repeatedly. its like I'm a masochistic automaton on auto pilot-routine doing stuff to just survive and its eating away at my very being. the worst thing is having no sense of control or direction.
    i can definitely relate to this. depression can definitely be a byproduct of repressed anger.

also cycling from anger to normal over and over again repeatedly is mentally exhausting. eventually you will mentally break down as a result since it's not sustainable over the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    maybe if I fix my gut I'll be a good little drone or cog in the machine and stop complaining.
    this made me irLOL.

optimally it'd be better to find a job that doesn't make you angry but optimizing your gut is worth a shot, every little bit helps!!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I seem to recall reading that the monk Marin Luther was extremely troubled by the practices of his Catholic Church and also suffered from constipation. Scholars are certain that he wrote his grievances in the form of his 95 Theses while sitting on the toilet, and after one particularly momentous release, went and nailed them to the Wittenberg church door, thus starting the Protestant Reformation.