Thread: LIE/EII semi-duality

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default LIE/EII semi-duality

How do LIEs feel about their EIIs semi-dual? And vice-versa?

I'm kinda curious as it's a T-F semi-dual relationship as opposed to a double F one like mine is.

So please @Adam Strange and other LIEs/EIIs tell me how you feel about each other.

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

infantile preference for a sippy cup existence causes gradual resentment in paypig gamma NTs who aren't interested in handholding an ungainly space cadet through their day to day activities, preferring themselves to be the one getting sternly told what and how to do all the necessary sensory things one must continually 'put up' with. EII would convince themselves it's okay to sleep around, while LIE develops convivial relationship with clerk of nearest liquor store. they pop xans together and watch sports with muted expressions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I understand by facts that telepathy exists. At now I experiment with future guessing.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to explain it succinctly via reinens. LIE is declaring. EII is declaring. What happens when two people wear the pants in a relationship? Generally, they're liable to treat the LIE as a kid like they are, because it's as expected. Someone is gonna have to be the adult here, and it's either the LIE or them, and the LIE is too busy being an adult to care. However, this will lead to the woman is always right. In this case, that'll chafe on the man. It doesn't matter what type is who, except how. The EII man will be outclassed intellectually. The LIE man will have to conform to aristocratic norms. In a place where the norm is for the man to be in charge, that will chafe on the LIE woman.

Popping xans depends on the availability and tolerance of xanax. I doubt that middle eastern LIE would even consider it. Certainly not EII.

Basically, LIE should neglect their comfort, and ignore their attempts to make them comfortable. That's another thing that will cause issues.

Also, where a fight is expected, they won't. This will annoy the LIE, who wants to take any advantage possible, within reason. Thus, a struggle will occur.

There's more, like how they will agree with each other on issues of morality. They're just gonna disagree on what to do, and one side will have to yield to the other. They might rationalize this as a different perspective being good.

Relation should be sustainable. There is no real guarantee of a breakdown. It's probably a common relation for successful people to fall into, I don't know.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a physical therapist who is EII through and through. She's pert, neat, caring, warm, concerned, competent, and soooooo easy for me to be around. She's subterranean warm, in exactly the way I like my women. (She's my semi-dual.) She's just a jewel. She has this self-contained way of walking, like she is Fi confident in who she is. She has good posture and she seems to glide smoothly along the floor when she walks, which is something I've seen in Si-valuers, where her center of gravity is a smooth line in space, centered on her midsection. She wears her hair in a long ponytail and today she was wearing a bright pink top.
    I kidded her by saying that I might have a hard time doing the exercises today because pink is a color that makes strong men weak. She laughed and said she'd had a pink prom dress.
    She is easily the most fem woman there. Delta-stable fem, not Beta-alluring fem. She brings out the LSE in me, and when I see her, I just want to hold her in my arms and protect her from harm, and how weird is that? Socionics is true, folks. We are not in control.
    Anyway, I like her. I really like her, just as Strat predicts.

The office where she works has pictures on the walls of all the people working there, possibly to make the place seem friendlier. One of the pictures shows a female LII and her ESI BF, and the LII looks concerned and worried. The picture's label has my therapist's name spelled out on it.

I asked the SEI receptionist if that was a picture of my physical therapist. She got up and looked at it and said, "Oh, yes. That was taken just after they were married." She pointed to a picture of an SEI. "This is me."

So the female EII Fi-dom therapist married a male Fi-dom ESI, and she felt really validated by his Fi, but she had to take on the role of the logical one in order to make the relationship work, and that brought out the LII in her. Brought it out, but pissed her off because it was so stressful.
    She doesn't look like an LII now. And she seems to like me in spite of herself. Lol. She tries very hard to be a strict professional, but she asked me twice today about my workshop. She seems fascinated by the idea that I have a workshop. Her LSE-seeking is finally becoming clearer.

I went in for another appointment with her and I’m just so amazed at how much I like her. I find myself turning into an LSE when I’m around her. In other words, I feel like I’m somewhere between being a robot and being a large, dumb animal whom she leads around.

In another thread on EII-LIE interactions, someone made the point that EIIs don’t like Se and can be passive-aggressive in getting what they want by forcing the other person to choose for them. I see a bit of that in this physical therapist.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got to my physical therapy session early and spent a few minutes killing time by talking with the SEI-Si receptionist. She said her computer was down and she had to do everything by hand, then she went out to look for my EII physical therapist.

The physical therapy session went well, and the EII mentioned the fact that I have a workshop again. She is fixated on that for some reason. Maybe her dad had one.
    Then, just as we were wrapping up, the EII took me aside and told me that the SEI receptionist told her to ask me not to talk to her so much.

I thought, "Well, that's what I get for trying to be nice to a Conflictor." The EII went on to say "She's a really nice person but she gets overwhelmed sometimes, and this morning, with the computers being down, well, she just......"

"That's OK. It'd not a problem. I understand."
    I really do understand. Lol. I like SEI-Fe's, but SEI-Si's seem to react to me the way they would to a poisonous snake.
    "I'll tell you what. In the future, I'll treat her like she's radioactive."

The EII laughed and said "That works."

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I got to my physical therapy session early and spent a few minutes killing time by talking with the SEI-Si receptionist. She said her computer was down and she had to do everything by hand, then she went out to look for my EII physical therapist.

The physical therapy session went well, and the EII mentioned the fact that I have a workshop again. She is fixated on that for some reason. Maybe her dad had one.
    Then, just as we were wrapping up, the EII took me aside and told me that the SEI receptionist told her to ask me not to talk to her so much.

I thought, "Well, that's what I get for trying to be nice to a Conflictor." The EII went on to say "She's a really nice person but she gets overwhelmed sometimes, and this morning, with the computers being down, well, she just......"

"That's OK. It'd not a problem. I understand."
    I really do understand. Lol. I like SEI-Fe's, but SEI-Si's seem to react to me the way they would to a poisonous snake.
    "I'll tell you what. In the future, I'll treat her like she's radioactive."

The EII laughed and said "That works."
    Dang. That’s unfortunate.

SEI-Sis seem to suffer from overstimulation a lot, so it may well be that. Not knowing how to respond to things also stresses them out, and in my own experience communicating with a conflictor can feel very disarming. I don’t enjoy being around SLE-Ses, but somehow they almost seem to make more sense than SLE-Tis.

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see EIIs as kind and frequently bookish people, who oftentimes enjoy writing poetry and/or stories. They are loyal and endearing friends.
    It might be because of my Ni emphasis, however, that in my eyes they seem too delicate for me as a lover, instead I yearn for someone strong, principled, and confident. But that's just my particular taste.