Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed duality to be more common between some types?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Have you noticed duality to be more common between some types?

Do you think you have noticed duality to be more common between some types?

I was wondering if it is more common between types where one has Si as a lead function.

For example, SEI seem to get together with ILE often as do SLI and IEE. (I'm also going to include LSE and EII).

Is there something about si that makes them physically attractive haha. Or maybe it is the care-taking aspect that is attractive.

If they place a lot of importance on health (sei, sli) will these types be more open to a healthy, stable relationship like duality? I know it's not this simple in reality..but perhaps on some level it is. To be healthy can be seen as the most basic human need after all.

Or maybe these types are simply more common? Perhaps in terms of evolution it has ended up that way because of all the care-taking!

If you think I'm looking at this the wrong way, let me know haha

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relations that are more commonly accepted by society are more common. Because the more socially accepted a kind of relationship is, the more it will be featured in media. Most people lack a developed sense of recognizing duality.

Common tropes we see in TV are more common in real life

Cold, stoic man who has a hard time showing feelings (SLI) + flighty imaginative woman (IEE)

This is a very very common pairing. Note the gender roles. SLI woman and IEE man is a rare phenomenon.

Another example: Reckless bad boy (SLE) + dreamy feminine good girl (IEI)

This pairing is also insanely common.

IEI man and SLE woman is a lot rarer when you're looking at organic relationships. So in conclusion it's not the types themselves that mesh better, it's just that people lack a sense of identity and really only have superficial things to go off of to form relationship decisions.

The rarest pairing is probably LSE woman and EII man. Also SEI man and ILE woman. Because those types in those forms don't really exist in the cultural consciousness. I have yet to see even one example of them literally anywhere. Also ILI women are kind of rare in general IME so that duality will also be a bit scarce.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the videos! Yes male SLI and female IEE is really common it's true. The first video seems very typical of that couple haha.

I have seen SEI males with ILE women though. Perhaps SEIs could also be seen as typical stoic types attracting the flighty ILE. I suppose I was never attracted to 'true' bad boys. This would have reminded me of my SEE brother who got into all sorts of trouble and who I clashed with a lot. (It's better now).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wish I could find a good LIE-ESI video.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I typed these two married chess champions, grandmaster and master respectively, LIE-Ni/ESI-Se. It was a rare find.

Their wedding video

Sopiko

Anish

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks, @Eli.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An LIE friend of mine was once talking to an ESI girl.
    LIE was being a jokester and honestly a bit of an ass, but he certainly didn’t intend to be mean or unpleasant. He said something Fi-related that rubbed the ESI girl’s Fi the wrong way and she immediately made up her mind that she didn’t like him. My LIE friend felt a little betrayed because he thought the group was open to a bit of banter. That was their first interaction, but they immediately decided they did not like each other.

I think Fi types, at least the rationals if anything, are a bit more prone to this overly stubborn Fi-ness than they would like to admit. Maybe they dualize less often because of this.

I know it’s the opposite of the question, but I still think it’s relevant.
    Last edited by Djinn; 02-11-2021 at 12:09 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    An LIE friend of mine was once talking to an ESI girl.
    LIE was being a jokester and honestly a bit of an ass, but he certainly didn’t intend to be mean or unpleasant. He said something Fi-related that rubbed the ESI girl’s Fi the wrong way and she immediately made up her mind that she didn’t like him. My LIE friend felt a little betrayed because he thought the group was open to a bit of banter. That was their first interaction, but they immediately decided they did not like each other.

I think Fi types, at least the rationals if anything, are a bit more prone to this overly stubborn Fi-ness than they would like to admit. Maybe they dualize less often because of this.

I know it’s the opposite of the question, but I still think it’s relevant.
    I think something similar happened to me when I first started posting on this forum. I quickly discovered that I was either irritating or outright pissing off every one of the ESIs here. I wasn't trying, but I was pretty effective at it.

It might have happened because they took offense before they could see any Te value in me, and then that was that. Alternately, I just might have been being a total asshole; I don't remember all that well what, exactly, I said.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think something similar happened to me when I first started posting on this forum. I quickly discovered that I was either irritating or outright pissing off every one of the ESIs here. I wasn't trying, but I was pretty effective at it.

It might have happened because they took offense before they could see any Te value in me, and then that was that. Alternately, I just might have been being a total asshole; I don't remember all that well what, exactly, I said.
    The only thing one can do in these situations is to make an appeal to the Fi-dom. LIE/LSE all too often accept their dual's judgments as final and play off of that even when it is negative and about them, and that is precisely where LIE/LSE fuck up. They decide they must dislike the ESI/EII right back and never challenge that. If you don't try to appeal to them and change their mind, to show that you actually like them and you are worth liking back, then they will have no reason to assume they were wrong about you. That is how it works; demonstrate loyalty, or prove disloyal. Making the appeal even plays into the romance styles victim/aggressor and caring/childlike.

But no, my LIE friend assumed that they just could not like each other and thus never tried to talk to her again. I mean, it's true, Fi-doms can be some real unforgiving bitches who should learn what second chances are; but come on, if you leave things as they are their opinions certainly won't change, so you gotta put that effort in. You may come out feeling dumb and cheated for going back and getting rejected again, but my LIE friend never tries. He lets himself be pushed around by Fi, even his own.

And again, Fi-doms should be more generous with extra chances.

At least that is what I make of my observations. Maybe my views on Fi here are too IEI-esque to be relevant, lol.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be interested in this. and here they are dancing. I type them ESI and LIE ( H and C subtype). It's maybe not so easy to see from the video but I have attended their dance courses in the past and then I danced with her a few times. She can be very subjective, will control the psychological distance to you, like/dislike, seems strict, was just an obvious ESI. He is more like a "professor", objective, matter-of-fact. Very good technical dancer, brave, a good sense of flow and dynamics. Everything is in place. Every time I saw him he had strange clothes, eccentric style.

Btw, I never got into the salsa community. Too much beta/gamma values. Now I like more traditional folk dances. More delta/alpha, innocent.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably not. I think the family you born in has the greatest effect. It teaches the most in terms of having proper acceptance towards suggestive and so on.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose si can also be associated with self-protection as well so yes, these types may actually find it hard to let their guard down when it comes to dating. Actually, thinking about the LSEs and SEIs I know..I actually find the men to be more outwardly ‘nurturing’ than the women..but also more flirtatious/charming. The women actually seem more defiant or argumentative in the way they come across.

I personally have to remind myself that gender inequality (and other inequalities) still exist (of course!) since getting into psychology. I don’t want to put up with behaviour I find belittling because I can explain it away by typology (enneagram perhaps more than socionics, I still feel new to socionics). Yes, we are a product of our environment and need to engage with each other to perhaps unlearn some of the problematic attitudes we have towards ourselves and others. But it’s worth keeping in mind that women in society are still fed a lot of ideas when they’re young that promote gender inequality..and we grow up and kind of want to reject that (or find it difficult to). So it can be really confusing about who to trust for us and we can get a bit tired of figuring out who is trustworthy.

Also, I think people are sometimes attracted to people they think they can ‘fix’ or who can fix them..but it can turn out that this just puts too much pressure on each other and doesn’t necessarily help.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-11-2021 at 08:56 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE/IEI in fantasy media and books.

IEI thinking: I can change him to be a better person!
    IEI: all you need is love, SLE. Put that gun down and hold these flowers instead. <3
    SLE: Good golly molly you're right! *actually puts the gun down like it's a stupid Disney Movie.* "Let's get married and I will always protect your Te polr!"
    SLE/IEI live happily ever after.

SLE/IEI duality in real life:

IEI: "I think you should probably be a better person and not rob that bank..."
    SLE: Fuck you bitch. (has hot sex with IEI one last time) But then totally ignores IEI and robs the bank anyway.
    SLE predictably gets caught and thrown in prison.
    IEI & SLE never speak to each other again.

SLE/IEI live in totally different worlds and both are pretty sad cause it's real life.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've not observed any common link. Duality seems more of an exception than a rule because cognitive needs are overshadowed by animalistic desires. Far more dual pairs exist in work situations where they're thrown together by circumstance but none that I've known ever became intimate because they had some serious gravity between them - au contraire. Most dual pairs that I've met outside of work seem to have gotten together later in life and stayed together simply because over time and in hindsight, they realized that they felt comfortable and safe with one another. Duality seems to sneak up on most pairs; it rarely hits them in the face; and despite the duality factor, a majority of people still choose to go their separate ways because there are so many other issues.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really. It depends on the person and if they’re familiar with duality energy. If you grew up with your dual then you might be more conscious/aware when you meet them. It doesn’t mean you’ll meet your dual more often or anything. My dad is my supervisor and as a result, I’m really familiar with LSI and I noticed I encounter a lot of them irl and online.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    I suppose si can also be associated with self-protection as well so yes, these types may actually find it hard to let their guard down when it comes to dating. Actually, thinking about the LSEs and SEIs I know..I actually find the men to be more outwardly ‘nurturing’ than the women..but also more flirtatious/charming. The women actually seem more defiant or argumentative in the way they come across.
    my male LSE bud is super nurturing in a caregivery, 'remember to eat' way. My female ILI bud is nurturing in a 'when shit goes down, you can enjoy confidence that she will hunt your attacker down until they're behind bars and never stop until they are' way. I like both.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    my male LSE bud is super nurturing in a caregivery, 'remember to eat' way. My female ILI bud is nurturing in a 'when shit goes down, you can enjoy confidence that she will hunt your attacker down until they're behind bars and never stop until they are' way. I like both.
    I think I have typed a few women as ILI recently, and yes they are pretty bad ass. I think Rihanna might be ILI ya know.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    ....... If you grew up with your dual then you might be more conscious/aware when you meet them...... My dad is my supervisor and as a result, I’m really familiar with LSI and I noticed I encounter a lot of them irl and online.
    I've met more than a few heterosexual couples where one of them has a similar personality to the other's parent of the same sex. I would propose that this is a more common scenario than duality.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I've met more than a few heterosexual couples where one of them has a similar personality to the other's parent of the same sex. I would propose that this is a more common scenario than duality.

a.k.a. I/O
    Yes, types are in-born and hereditary. But like I say, if duality is in the family, then that’s familiarity for people to recognize their duals. Duality irl is better suited to friendship, or business because it’s a relation of relaxation. Supervision is the most common for marriages. My dad is LSI but from what my mom described about her dad, he was likely LSI, too. My mom’s dad is LSI, and then she married my dad who’s LSI. My dad is LSI, and 3/4 relationships I’ve had is with LSIs.

Consciously, we don’t go looking for specific types, but unconsciously we’re wired to find what we’re most familiar to.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A LIE can be my husband but only if they are as hot as this:

https://cdn1.creativecirclemedia.com...4927-15853.jpg

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    A LIE can be my husband but only if they are as hot as this:

https://cdn1.creativecirclemedia.com...4927-15853.jpg
    They probably won’t give you animalistic banging that you’d get from your Beta ST chads but hey, who needs the D that much when they’ll be making monayyyy

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thread! I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    The only thing one can do in these situations is to make an appeal to the Fi-dom. LIE/LSE all too often accept their dual's judgments as final and play off of that even when it is negative and about them, and that is precisely where LIE/LSE fuck up. They decide they must dislike the ESI/EII right back and never challenge that. If you don't try to appeal to them and change their mind, to show that you actually like them and you are worth liking back, then they will have no reason to assume they were wrong about you. That is how it works; demonstrate loyalty, or prove disloyal. Making the appeal even plays into the romance styles victim/aggressor and caring/childlike.
    But no, my LIE friend assumed that they just could not like each other and thus never tried to talk to her again.
    At least that is what I make of my observations.
    You're not wrong. How old is your LIE friend? In duality pairing, both people MUST have high level of maturity.
    I used to dislike ESI guys, especially when I was in my late teens or early 20s.
    But now seems like I'm starting to admire the qualities in an ESI. Which is a rare feeling for me.

I've not observed any common link. Duality seems more of an exception than a rule because cognitive needs are overshadowed by animalistic desires. Far more dual pairs exist in work situations where they're thrown together by circumstance but none that I've known ever became intimate because they had some serious gravity between them - au contraire. Most dual pairs that I've met outside of work seem to have gotten together later in life and stayed together simply because over time and in hindsight, they realized that they felt comfortable and safe with one another.
    "They have gotten together later in life and stayed together simply because over time and in hindsight, they realized that they felt comfortable and safe with one another. " This. Completely agree.

And I also observed when a long term relationship/marriage couldn't work, each person tends to look for their dual/activity partner.
    Again, maturity and comfort.

Not really. It depends on the person and if they’re familiar with duality energy. If you grew up with your dual then you might be more conscious/aware when you meet them. It doesn’t mean you’ll meet your dual more often or anything. My dad is my supervisor and as a result, I’m really familiar with LSI and I noticed I encounter a lot of them irl and online.
    I'm always aware when I meet an ESI. And as soon as I meet them I'm like "Yikes. Nope." For real.
    Maybe it's not about being conscious or aware, but more like being attracted to or interested in that person.
    Like I said in my previous posts not long ago, I have no problem finding my dual, but seems like my dual is not able to attract me or make me interested in him, the point is, my dual is not my type.

But I agree about the hereditary thing.
    If you're a girl, you will be more attracted to or interested in someone who is like your dad.
    And if you're a guy, you will be more attracted to or interested in someone who is like your mum.

So for example, my dad is my kindred, an LSE. I'm actually a daddy's girl, we're very very close.
    We're both strong and logical, which explains "my type", strong and logical, hahah, the point is, that is probably why I'm never attracted to dom-Fi males.

a.k.a. I/O
    This.
    And this is I think why, compared to ESI my dual, I'm more attracted to an LSI.
    Because LSI is at least a bit similar to LSE my dad, both are dominant thinkers.

Yes, types are in-born and hereditary. But like I say, if duality is in the family, then that’s familiarity for people to recognize their duals. Duality irl is better suited to friendship, or business because it’s a relation of relaxation. Supervision is the most common for marriages. My dad is LSI but from what my mom described about her dad, he was likely LSI, too. My mom’s dad is LSI, and then she married my dad who’s LSI. My dad is LSI, and 3/4 relationships I’ve had is with LSIs.

Consciously, we don’t go looking for specific types, but unconsciously we’re wired to find what we’re most familiar to.
    It's actually interesting, right?
    That reminds me of Prince Harry. He said he married Meghan because she kinda reminds him of his mum, Diana. Both Meghan and Diana are NF.

So, Lolita, is your mum an SEE too?

I don't know if I'm wired to find what I'm most familiar to, because I'm always aware, always notice, every time I meet a guy like my dad, an LSE.
    We get along well, and we really get each other hahah some of my best friends are LSE males. (Yes, most of my bestfriends are actually guys. I even thought about doing man of honor instead of maid of honor if I ever get married lol.)
    But only as best friends. I always knew I didn't want to have a serious relationship or even marry an Si-aux or Si-dom person. I dislike Si.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, my mom is SEE-D and my dad LSI-N.

Before I was typed by G, I had typed my mom LSE (LSE or LIE, I thought Te dom) and my dad SLI (LSI or SLI I knew high dimensional Ti but I choose SLI to make him mirror with my mom). The issue is their Se is thru the roof too good to be Delta but I was told by online communities that Deltas can assertive and forceful too which is actually WRONG. It wasn’t until after I got typed by G that information clicked for me.

I suggest you get typed by G because that way you’ll know where you are in the socionics system and that’ll give you a clearer frame of reference to type others in your life. The sooner the better. There’s people who have been married to their mistypings for years, even decades. I meet people in my socionics class who have mistyped themselves and nearly everyone in their lives for 20 years. It’s an unpleasant awakening if you’ve invested so much of yourself into an image.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, my mom is SEE-D and my dad LSI-N.

Before I was typed by G, I had typed my mom LSE (LSE or LIE, I thought Te dom) and my dad SLI (LSI or SLI I knew high dimensional Ti but I choose SLI to make him mirror with my mom). The issue is their Se is thru the roof too good to be Delta but I was told by online communities that Deltas can assertive and forceful too which is actually WRONG. It wasn’t until after I got typed by G that information clicked for me.

I suggest you get typed by G because that way you’ll know where you are in the socionics system and that’ll give you a clearer frame of reference to type others in your life. The sooner the better. There’s people who have been married to their mistypings for years, even decades. I meet people in my socionics class who have mistyped themselves and nearly everyone in their lives for 20 years. It’s an unpleasant awakening if you’ve invested so much of yourself into an image.
    That is true. Such an unpleasant awakening if you’ve invested so much of yourself into an image.
    That is why I always tell people, don't take the test.

Anyway.

I don't get how people can mistype anyone in their own life.
    But again, people are different.
    I've been always interacting with people in organisations/communities since primary school, interpersonal skills are my expertise, and yes, people differences are as clear as crystal to me.
    I believe because I have a Te-dom, combine with a very high Ni-aux, I'm a subtype Ni, I always know where I am in the socionic system, as well as in everything else.

I was asking about your mum type before, because I thought, must be awesome to have the same type with your parent(s)!

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s completely normal to mistype yourself and others in your life because you’re using the wrong frame of reference. For starters, you can’t get outside of yourself to analyze yourself objectively without hitting self-preservation walls. You may or may not have high dimensional Te, but that don’t mean you’re good at typing. Fe and Te leads have a very particular and peculiar way of seeing reality and it’s through what they want reality to reflect, not the way it is. I don’t know what your type is and I don’t take people at their word for their self typing since it’s based off of how they see themselves and not necessarily the way they are.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s completely normal to mistype yourself and others in your life because you’re using the wrong frame of reference. For starters, you can’t get outside of yourself to analyze yourself objectively without hitting self-preservation walls. You may or may not have high dimensional Te, but that don’t mean you’re good at typing. Fe and Te leads have a very particular and peculiar way of seeing reality and it’s through what they want reality to reflect, not the way it is. I don’t know what your type is and I don’t take people at their word for their self typing since it’s based off of how they see themselves and not necessarily the way they are.
    It's completely normal for other people, maybe, but not to me.
    When you know what you're doing, you should've known when you're using the wrong frame of reference.
    You know you should get outside of yourself to be able to analyse objectively. And because of that, it's never about how you see yourself, but always about the way you are.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm I think the ability to type comes with practice, age and yes perhaps a natural aptitude or at least a strong desire to know. I’m decent at typing people (in person) yet I would find it hard to explain the reasons behind my decisions. When you can spot someone’s tritype that’s when it gets interesting

Also, some people ‘just know’ their own type, I find it surprising when people don’t, but yes, everyone’s different. Also it’s harder for young people and people who are a quite different to the ‘stereotypes’ of a type.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Process dual types are much more common than Result ones, and according to observations, if Result pairs do form, they are unlikely to last long
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    Process dual types are much more common than Result ones, and according to observations, if Result pairs do form, they are unlikely to last long
    I've seen this assertion before. It might even be true. If so, it gives me something to work on.

I've had my longest relationship with a Process type and shorter ones with Results types. I'm a bit worried about this, to tell you the truth.

Love should last.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, what are are process types and reverse types? Different subtypes?
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-24-2021 at 03:29 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Umm, what are our process types and reverse types? Different subtypes?
    Here are Process and Results types: http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...ess_and_result

And here is the problem: http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ypes_by_Tsypin

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah..

I still think enneagram can tell us a lot about the potential success of dual couples. I’ll try to explain some thoughts I’ve had later on. But for now..An example of a successful dual couple would be Katherine Fauvre (enneagram teacher) and her husband. I’ve typed them Entp and Isfp, both with sexual instinct first. (Need to double check this actually!) And they have said that their tritypes are 847 and 468. They share one number in their tritype.

I don’t think you necessarily need to be same instinct or share a number in your tritype but I suspect it is probably common.

For example I could ‘imagine’ dating an estp 712 but not an estp 358. (I like 7s!)

However..sharing a number in the tritype doesn’t necessarily mean you’re suited either :s

(This is seperate from issues like personal health levels).

Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-24-2021 at 04:41 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah..

I still think enneagram can tell us a lot about the potential success of dual couples. I’ll try to explain some thoughts I’ve had later on. But for now..An example of a successful dual couple would be Katherine Fauvre (enneagram teacher) and her husband. I’ve typed them Entp and Isfp, both with sexual instinct first. (Need to double check this actually!) And they have said that their tritypes are 847 and 468. They share one number in their tritype.

I don’t think you necessarily need to be same instinct or share a number in tritype but I suspect it is probably common.

For example I could ‘imagine’ dating an estp 712 but not an estp 358.

However..sharing a number in the tritype doesn’t necessarily mean you’re suited :s

Exactly. Many things must take play in it. I've gotten along with SLI women who are Sx first mostly(like me), they're incredibly warm and attractive in my opinion, but those who are not sx first (I've met one) are ice queens and I fucking hate them (one of those was also an enneagram 1... stick up ass type.)

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have wondered about this before.

in any case, I haven’t personally noticed an LSE that is “my type” if you will, yet

I think there’s a host of factors that ultimately makes chemistry possible.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah..

I don’t think you necessarily need to be same instinct or share a number in your tritype but I suspect it is probably common.

For example I could ‘imagine’ dating an estp 712 but not an estp 358. (I like 7s!)

However..sharing a number in the tritype doesn’t necessarily mean you’re suited either :s

(This is seperate from issues like personal health levels).

I agree!
    Enneagram (the tritype) and sexual instincts.

For example,
    I could imagine dating an ESI 2 or ESI 7 if they exist, but not an ESI 4 or ESI 6 (and the majority of ESIs are e4, 6, and 9, that's why I keep saying ESI is not "my type")
    And as a Sp/Sx, I could imagine dating any Sx-first or another Sp/Sx, but not So-first.

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I have wondered about this before.

in any case, I haven’t personally noticed an LSE that is “my type” if you will, yet

I think there’s a host of factors that ultimately makes chemistry possible.
    If I could choose a perfect dual for me, it would be ESI 279 Sx-first or Sp/Sx.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    If I could choose a perfect dual for me, it would be ESI 279 Sx-first or Sp/Sx.
    Which I don't think that's possible. I can see 279 among IEE's and EIE's, but not ESI's.
    The only option for me I guess an ESI 479.
    Or just go with the IEE/EIE 279, but then that's not my dual. But anyway, I always like my benefactor and my look a like.

My point is, I like a 2 and 7 in someone's tritype, but dislike a 6 and 1 probably because I don't like Si.
    So I think if my dual, ESI, doesn't have 6 in his tritype, that would be good enough.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I find it easier to narrow it down more organically, without getting into personality types

I say this because there are a lot of heterogeneity within types, sometimes to the degree you would not expect. Plus it's a hypothesis anyway, some 'taking it with grain of salt' is okay. I also say this because there is a certain something I want that personality types simply does not cover, and that I have been aware of since adolescence. Anyways, those ideas seem to become more fully-fleshed now.
    Hahah, of course, don't worry. There's so many things matter more than personality types.

Anyway.

I also see in a dual couple, usually the male is a T, and the female is an F.
    Kinda like those traditional pairings with traditional gender stereotypes, you know.
    There you go again, male LIE and female ESI.

If the female is a T, they usually go for their semi-dual or mirage partner.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this article a while ago and agree with a lot of what the IEI writer says in it: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gram-Dual-quot

Have a read!

Btw my ‘ideal’ SLE would be a 739..then 729/748. 712 and 749 sound fine too SLE 3s or 8s would be ok if we share one number in our tritype. (Or if they are my enneagram ‘dual’ according to her theory, e.g 826..I actually know loads of people of this tritype!)

I used to think about enneagram instincts in terms of ‘the stacks e.g so/sx’ (still kinda do) but I think it’d be easier (and more accurate typing?) for people to learn how to identify people’s tritype plus main instinct (social, sexual or self preservation). This is how Katherine Fauvre does it. Btw she discovered the tritype idea when she noticed that in her research, people kept telling her they related to 3 e-types rather than only 1.

But if we do use the stacks theory..so/sx, sp/so, sx/so and maybe sx/sp are fine for me (so/sx) and I think sp/sx and so/sp wouldn’t be so good, especially so/sp. All are ok as friends though.

There are not many resources on tritype but I will share the ones I know of a bit later in the enneagram section. I love tritype..
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-25-2021 at 08:16 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this article a while ago and agree with a lot of what the IEI writer says in it: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gram-Dual-quot

Have a read!

Btw my ‘ideal’ SLE would be a 739..then 729/748. 712 and 749 sound fine too SLE 3s or 8s would be ok if we share one number in our tritype. (Or if they are my enneagram ‘dual’ according to her theory, e.g 826..I actually know loads of people of this tritype!)

I used to think about enneagram instincts in terms of ‘the stacks e.g so/sx’ (still kinda do) but I think it’d be easier (and more accurate typing?) for people to learn how to identify people’s tritype plus main instinct (social, sexual or self preservation). This is how Katherine Fauvre does it. Btw she discovered the tritype idea when she noticed that in her research, people kept telling her they related to 3 e-types rather than only 1.

But if we do use the stacks theory..so/sx, sp/so, sx/so and maybe sx/sp are fine for me (so/sx) and I think sp/sx and so/sp wouldn’t be so good, especially so/sp. All are ok as friends though.

There are not many resources on tritype but I will share the ones I know of a bit later in the enneagram section. I love tritype..
    Yep, I knew that.
    That actually explains why I'm always attracted to LSI.
    I have a 5 in my tritype. 835. And most LSI's are enneagram 5. That's how we're attracted to each other, because we have similarity.
    To quote Olimpia "Psychological studies usually conclude that Similarity is very important when it comes to people matching up; similarity in attractiveness, in background, in values, and so forth. Sharing one type in the Tritype creates an added sense of Similarity. People who share one type in the tritype usually have more similar interests, goals, and even childhoods or upbringings." That is so true.

Now, how many ESI's have a 5 in their tritype? None. You know what I mean. I'm not gonna go with the other type in my tritype, like 8 or 3, for an ESI? HAHA.

So, yeah, that is why, based on my experience, most of people whom I'm attracted to (or have dated): LSI, ILI, and even LII, and guess what, they're all enneagram 5. It's like a textbook, isn't it?

About the stacks theory,
    If you're So/Sx, yes I agree So/Sx, Sx/So, and Sx/Sp are good match for you

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Yep, I knew that.
    That actually explains why I'm always attracted to LSI.
    I have a 5 in my tritype. 835. And most LSI's are enneagram 5. That's how we're attracted to each other, because we have similarity.
    To quote Olimpia "Psychological studies usually conclude that Similarity is very important when it comes to people matching up; similarity in attractiveness, in background, in values, and so forth. Sharing one type in the Tritype creates an added sense of Similarity. People who share one type in the tritype usually have more similar interests, goals, and even childhoods or upbringings." That is so true.

Now, how many ESI's have a 5 in their tritype? None. You know what I mean. I'm not gonna go with the other type in my tritype, like 8 or 3, for an ESI? HAHA.

So, yeah, that is why, based on my experience, most of people whom I'm attracted to (or have dated): LSI, ILI, and even LII, and guess what, they're all enneagram 5. It's like a textbook, isn't it?

About the stacks theory,
    If you're So/Sx, yes I agree So/Sx, Sx/So, and Sx/Sp are good match for you
    Yes, I am e-9 and my tritype is 946. I am often attracted to guys with 4 or 6 in their tritype. But I have become more open-minded to e-7s..I suppose it is unlikely that Estps would have 4 or 6 in their tritype. Not impossible but there would only be a few possible tritypes (846, 826, 749, 369?) Because I have only seen Estp 3s, 8s and 7s..I don't think they come in other e-types lol. Haha I feel like such a nerd with all the numbers.

For ESI I have seen ennegaram type 1,2,4,6 and 9. And I'm sure some of these would have a 5 in their tritype.

(I think e-2 is uncommon for men though..?)

In the article it says that 8 is the enneagram dual for '459', '359', '145' or '135'. These types might like you if you found one lol.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-25-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast