Quote Originally Posted by Lincatrope View Post
One thing I noticed is that we have a hard time understanding duality outside of our quadra values. It is normal for you to see the duality between LSE and EII kinda weird because it is your conflicting quadra. I often thought "why is this people together? They don't love each other, they have nothing in common". But actually they do, it's just they have nothing in common with the way I would value. But I also agree some types of duality are more common than others, even though this contradicts the few statistics out there about socionics type frequency.

Good question btw.
Yeah I think I’m a bit jealous of SEIs and EIIs lol. In a friendly competitive way. I can’t imagine many SEIs or EIIs staying in a bad relationship or putting up with being single. They seem so relationship focused. But I guess some will avoid relationships/stay in bad ones for this same reason.

Perhaps there is some correlation between types and relationship success (not just duality) but also perhaps some types are better at being on their own..it probably comes down to other non-type related issues whether someone will cope being single for a long time, whether they find it difficult to commit to someone and whether they would stay in a relationship with less than ideal ITR compatibility.