Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you noticed duality to be more common between some types?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

dat feeling when you are a welfare state citizen and Ne ego being breastfed since birth.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Well, it's the most repressed function in IEE-Ne. Personally I tie it to lack of initiative, failure to protect material interests, dislike to impose oneself and not knowing how to relax.
    Yeah, I see those things as boring tasks or shit to do. I'd rather have everything handed to me.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    That means you're hot bro, congratz.
    That reminds me of this IEE guy I knew. Tall, hot, blonde dude who was sooo awkward in general dealing with women it was hilarious lol. Only caregiver types liked him because he gave these passive sorta vibes that were a bit of a turnoff for most.
    See? I'm not awkward at all dealing with women but i'm not tall and i actually look like a murderer, but some women find it hot, some SLI told me i'm the "attractive psycho type".

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Born in Argentina, lived in Canada for a few years as a kid and then went back to Argentina so I'm dual citizen.
    So @Dr PissBender @The Banana King and Rusal. Is this place hasta el culo de argentinos?

A dominant EII I know is more fesity and can hold her own against Se brutality. A probable SLI is trying to get the heck out of here. The country is not full of betas, it's worse: it's full of lawyers-

j/k. Gulenko does say Betas dominate the figures in total population *everywhere*.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    So @Dr PissBender @The Banana King and Rusal. Is this place hasta el culo de argentinos?

A dominant EII I know is more fesity and can hold her own against Se brutality. A probable SLI is trying to get the heck out of here. The country is not full of betas, it's worse: it's full of lawyers-

j/k. Gulenko does say Betas dominate the figures in total population *everywhere*.
    The argentinians who want to leave Argentina have third-eye powers, which make us able to channel into this Socionics site. Some say that Maradona's ghost is trapped here, in Shotgunfingers's pussy.

Ghoulenko quiere que le den duro en el culo estos betas, tipea a todo el mundo y a su abuela como beta el muy culiado.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    + Se :Se: - retention of power, insubordination, defense, firmness, defense of one's interests, strong-willed pressure from the bottom upwards, strength, will, possession;

The theory behind that spectrum stuff is Model B (Bukalov) of socionics. Read about it here. The way I see it, Se+(Gamma, concrete Se) is the "awareness of strength" compared to Se-(Beta, abstract Se) which is the "awareness of power". Strength enables you to rely on yourself to push for what you want, to get up when you've fallen down, to take the blows of life, to take intiative, to never give up. It's what Arnie talks about in this video(I'd type arnie as LIE-Te, so he has the same boosted Se+/Si- HA as EII-Fi):

LSE has Se+/Si- as creative and Se-/Si+ as demonstrative.

Se-(beta) is about power because it's not about some concrete sense of will, but about some abstract sense of pressure. You don't have to be strong to win or control people, you can control them by being weak and sneaky too. By playing the victim. By blaming a scapegoat. By hitting the man who's already on the ground. There is no sense of Se+ integrity with Se-. It's you win or you loose. If you don't use all you got to win, you'll loose. Hard stuff. Explains all that shitty cruel stuff betas do to each others.

From this page:

@Dr PissBender that might interest you too. If you're IEE-Ne like me, then Se+/Si- would be your suggestive.
    Sweet, thank you so much! I had definitely read about the different-signed functions before, but not specifically when it came to Model B, so that's a huge help. That sounds quite a lot like my interactions with my SLE dad though. I've talked a bit about it on the site before, but him being my conflictor/super-ego in addition to being Se- ego made for some hellish arguments. It's like no matter how much pressure you apply upwards/how in the right you are, you can't win as the Ti hierarchy doesn't allow for subordinates to "break rank." And you keep getting hit once you're down, as requests for them to stop screaming at you only fuel the anger and pressure applied.

But I really relate to that description; even though I have low stereotypical Se, I very much have a sense of willpower, defense, etc. So thanks for that, guess I might be EII-Fi after all :)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Most noticeable to me has been EII husband - LSE wife duo. The EIIs are homebodies. The LSE phones up at regular-ish intervals to check in on them

I really do not have a large sample size to choose from, however
    I have seen this behavior, too.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Most noticeable to me has been EII husband - LSE wife duo. The EIIs are homebodies. The LSE phones up at regular-ish intervals to check in on them

I really do not have a large sample size to choose from, however

This is wholesome.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr PissBender View Post
    So. You were born there? Interesante. Argentina is hell for Ne egos, honestly, especially ILE/IEE men imo. And yeah, i have met veeeery few Si egos here, I wonder why that is. But there are Se egos mostly, followed by Ni egos. I hate it.. dude. Where did you go to? I want to leave Hell as well.
    Oh wow you're Argentinian? I always subconsciously assume everyone I meet online is a fellow Eaglelandian until proven otherwise lol Move to big city Florida, nobody will bat an eye to Ne mayhem there.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    what is “eagle land”..?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@LemurianLo what is “eagle land”..?
    Land of the Tweet, home of Outgrabe.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    Oh wow you're Argentinian? I always subconsciously assume everyone I meet online is a fellow Eaglelandian until proven otherwise lol Move to big city Florida, nobody will bat an eye to Ne mayhem there.
    I'm gonna. We gotta become besties, motherfucker.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I didn’t know that was another word for US

lol It's not common but from the video game Earthbound where the protagonist is from Eagleland

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr PissBender View Post
    I'm gonna. We gotta become besties, motherfucker.
    United, we'll represent the duality of Florida in physical form.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    United, we'll represent the duality of Florida in physical form.
    YES! WE are gonna become FLORIDUALS. We are gonna tear shit up. Call in SLE Chad @cyberpunk and his army of african children so he helps us take over.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bruh you're living the dream
    YEAH LIKE WTF AND HE WON'T APPRECIATE IT?!?!?!?! MOTHERFUCKER

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And about the LII and ESE pair, I have seen many of them. Somehow it feels like a very natural pair. The ESE of course is the one initiating. I haven't met an LII woman ESE man pair. Mostly because ESE guys are all gay lol (the few ones I met at least, don't mean to offend haha).
    LOL ESE guys aren't really "gay" or gay looking per se but they're a bit too perky and excitable and loud. The thing with ESE is that they're bossy and pushy, and bulldozing. Not only are they linear assertive, they get ultra enthusiastic and get really loud about it. G is an LII and I'm willing to bet he knew what his dual is like and avoided them, which was why he married his semi-dual. For a logical, it's easier for them to get with their semi-dual over dual for some reason. I think ESE wants LII but they're so pushy that irl LII wouldn't want that. I can see ESE working much better with LSI and having a more natural relationship.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    LOL ESE guys aren't really "gay" or gay looking per se but they're a bit too perky and excitable and loud. The thing with ESE is that they're bossy and pushy, and bulldozing. Not only are they linear assertive, they get ultra enthusiastic and get really loud about it. G is an LII and I'm willing to bet he knew what his dual is like and avoided them, which was why he married his semi-dual. For a logical, it's easier for them to get with their semi-dual over dual for some reason. I think ESE wants LII but they're so pushy that irl LII wouldn't want that. I can see ESE working much better with LSI and having a more natural relationship.
    In my sample size of 5, 2 ESE guys and 3 EIE guys all of them were gay. Like really obviously so. And they dated other dudes lol. So by inductive reasoning I will assume all Fe lead men are gay until proven otherwise.
    I think the problem is that the straight ESE men act like LSE and the straight EIE men act like LIE. So I don't notice them as easily. I'll stop making assumptions from now on...

Okay I've thought about it some more and I recalled an ESE-Si guy who was definitely straight. But he gave me LSE or even SLE vibes. But looking back he took an active role in managing the emotional atmosphere, making sure the weird new kid (me) wasn't left out, and also he did things like open the windows in the class when it was getting hot or the air was getting stuffy which is a behaviour I associate with Si types lol.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rational semiduality is easier in some ways than duality because of a shared intuition/sensing dichotomy. Since EIE and LII are both intuitives there's more of a sense of relation that you don't really get with duals, who are complete opposites from each other in a way. Socionites tend to see duality as the perfect relationship, but most people have a drive to be understood, and they won't get that from duals.

I've only known one ESE dude who was gay. Mostly they don't seem that way at all to me. To me they come off like the protagonists in Hallmark TV romance smut, where they have the middle-class middle-aged female fantasy of a strong, self-assured, masculine guy who's also warm, social, and concerned about the woman's feelings.

ESEs (and LIIs) seem to me able to fit either masculine or feminine gender roles well. ESEs are warm, sociable, and "caregiving," but also self-assured/confident, take a very direct approach to things, active, and don't at all mind confrontation when they feel it's necessary.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram isn't in-born (that's EIE lenses) but yes, it's developed over time based on the person's experiences so their enneagram becomes fixed in adulthood. At no point did Ichazo or Naranjo say that enneagrams is in-born. This is why they used the specific word "fixation" meaning that it's an obsession. You're not born obsessed. You become obsessed over time. That's not the same as cognition which is actually in-born, because that describes how the person is wired (although it doesn't describe why they're wired that way).
    Um I suppose so, but I did think maybe sociotype might not be exactly inborn, and could still change in the first few months of life or something, when the parent bonds with the child. Or maybe it is just the enneagram type that begins to develop in response to the environment the baby finds itself in. It does seem like there’s some definite correlations between sociotypes and e-types though. Sociotypes are a product of evolution (response to environment) and enneagram is also response to environment. They both deal with the same data? I thought that maybe enneagram (tritype) can be seen to represent which functions are emphasised in a type. A bit like DCNH does. The emphasis might only be slight, but it could be significant for finding a dual you are compatible with. Or even more significant for finding a non-dual partner. What you said about enneagram tapping into a person’s emotions and being more focused on the self..it’s true- it’s more of an instinct in someone? Also, I think the order of the tritype means something. I plan on going back to the enneagram dual thread to talk more about compatibility there. But essentially @myresearch was talking about how each number in the tritype can be associated with certain values or qualities. You can use the triads (hornevian, harmonic and object relations) to identify these.

946 for example, may be associated with ‘fears’ of each separate type like separation, lack of identity, lack of support but a person will go to great lengths to avoid/challenge those fears- a 9 for example, will act ‘withdrawn’/ take on a ‘positive outlook’ and also become very ‘attached’ to people. (these descriptors are from the triads). The 4 and 6 parts do other things. So maybe a 946 is best with a tritype which complements these obsessions/imbalances.

Yeah, I have my tritype, but I didn't figure it out. I had 5 duals and 2 identicals independently came up with my tritype. An identical, a benefactor, a supervisor, 2 duals, and 2 kindreds actually typed me as 8 core from knowing me for 2 or more years and they're very well versed in enneagrams. My enneagram and tritype doesn't determine my socionics type, since they're separate. Enneagrams talks about the ego's fears (mainly irrational fears) and taps into a person's emotions. That's not the same as thinking. Socionics explains a person's cognitive motivations. All enneagrams does is give another dimension to understanding a person but it doesn't explain how one set of fears can be "compatible" with another. Fear is fear. Some people can overcome them, some can't. Enneagram is totally self-focused, while Socionics is more about relations and society-focused.

I guess I am a "high" level Ti user, but I don't get pedantic and unlike Ti valuers, I don't care about finding endless info to answer a question that's already been answered before. If you're referring to the naturally hostile attitude people take towards their PoLR and equating it with fear and linking that to enneagram, then no, I'm not scared of Ti, however, it's still my PoLR. I'm just a subtype of SEE that has developed shadow functions. Some people who have developed PoLR functions don't get affected by it much, and for some, it's more intense. Enneagram may be able to explain why the individual has that level of intensity of being (negatively) affected by their PoLR, but doesn't determine it. I don't think I ever was scared of Ti, since my dad is LSI and he taught me Ti all my life. I work in the legal field, that's heavily Ti (but also Te) and I really enjoy it. This isn't to say that because I have developed Ti as SEE-N that another SEE-N is going to be at the same level of Ti development as I am. N subtype just means engagement with Ti, so whether Ti is the type's PoLR or lead, it doesn't matter, it is just a way to identify that the person has Ti accentuation.
    Enneagram is about the ‘ego’s fears’ and ‘fixations’. Ok- the word fixations makes me think of the lead function in socionics (or ego block?). We do fixate on these things, they seem to be what drives us to get up every day and keep going even when times are hard. We also seem to fixate on the third function, (we wish we were better at it). What you said is interesting- comparing enneagram fears to the polr/4th function. I don’t think I was thinking about that. I just meant that humans are acting on deep instincts to survive- we are programmed to survive. (Btw have a look at this article which is talking about the fourth function but comparing it to the HA? Is that right @Rebelondeck? My Take on Hidden Agenda (socionics.com))

Maybe you can see the rejection of the polr as similar to enneagram fears yeah. And the 1st, 2nd and 3rd function as the defense mechanisms or fixations that we use to deal with that fear. Maybe it’s like fight or flight and in your case, with better than average ti, you fight. I dunnoooo. Lol.

You’ve mentioned shadow functions as did someone else in the thread. This makes me think of MBTI, as I remember reading about shadow functions then. (I do wonder if looking back at mbti might be helpful for me, for streamlining and consolidating some of the socionics knowledge I’ve gained.) Socionics is too much sometimes lol.

If enneagram taps into someone’s emotions, then maybe it can be used for helping discover compatibility? Because your emotions are a big part of you. Let’s compare DCNH with tritype as an idea..I would be harmonising meaning, I have accentuated si and ni. This kind of makes sense for my 946 tritype, known for being anxious and identity seeking (si is to do with feelings in the body? Ni is to do with finding answers?) For you, when I saw your tritype it just made me remember that you had talked about having accentuated ti. 836 seems ti-ish in my mind. I associate 836 with the politics/military and you seem to like discussing political aspects of socionics or let’s say the way the ideas comment on structures in society, and you seem quite passionate about it, ready and willing to fight to have your ideas heard. You will see in the enneagram dual thread that we worked out that my tritype matches up with yours quite well, though ideally I would be with an 836, not 863. Not quite sure why the order matters..but maybe an 836 SEE/SLE would be more likely to be a creative subtype, and therefore more compatible with me (or 964 maybe with you!). Or maybe all that matters is that the 8 is first. Really though, we need to look at the ideas about the triads to compare these tritypes. I guess for the moment I am just trying to show how ennegram can be about emotions/identity like you say.

One's mental health doesn't eradicate duality. It just happens. I've dualize with some who weren't at their best and over time we became friends. Duality doesn't mean there's an actual personal relationship, although it could develop into one over time. The point of duality is to provide each other assistance while one or both are in stressful situations. Think of it in terms of having an ally during tough times.
    It's interesting you say this. I hope that’s the case. Sometimes I do think that my lack of success and lack of development might stop me from finding a dual, or a partner. Although I suppose there are lot of other semi-healthy people out there too. And I guess the most important thing is that I feel like I’ve overcome a lot of my problems. Being around good people can really bring out a different side to you as well.

It’s interesting..I suppose from an evolutionary point of view, animal instinct to survive, is what made different types and duals come to exist? For humans to survive, we needed variety and cooperation. Like your comment about sociotype being related to society and relations. Regarding the different ITR..I think there are probably just pros and cons to the different ITR (or the top ones). Maybe other non-dual ITR are proof of humanity's need to live and enjoy life rather than just survive. Our fixations (lead functions) are what drive us, if we didn’t have fixations would we have any fire to drive us? And maybe being different to each other, rubbing against each other, is also kind of a friction that holds us together. Or makes life interesting! I remember in group therapy the teacher said to us that it is our ability to imagine the future (and reflect?) (our fixations??) that makes us human. (Foresee something bad/good happening). Maybe it is also our ability to see value in our differences as well. Soz that's kinda jumbled but yeah.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 04-11-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram isn't inborn so is attachment style. Yet, attachment style is an important factor of compatibility, because how we adapt to people and form relationships in our childhood and adolescence determines how are going to interact with our partner when we are adult. Enneagram also show how we interact with external, people, etc, hence it affects the compatibility.

How a person learns to live in external world in their earliest memories have a great impact on how someone's brain is wired and what kind of people they are going to match in the future and relationship compatibility.
    Last edited by myresearch; 04-12-2021 at 01:30 AM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI to SLE

SLE to IEI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my sample size of 5, 2 ESE guys and 3 EIE guys all of them were gay. Like really obviously so. And they dated other dudes lol. So by inductive reasoning I will assume all Fe lead men are gay until proven otherwise.
    I think the problem is that the straight ESE men act like LSE and the straight EIE men act like LIE. So I don't notice them as easily. I'll stop making assumptions from now on...

Okay I've thought about it some more and I recalled an ESE-Si guy who was definitely straight. But he gave me LSE or even SLE vibes. But looking back he took an active role in managing the emotional atmosphere, making sure the weird new kid (me) wasn't left out, and also he did things like open the windows in the class when it was getting hot or the air was getting stuffy which is a behaviour I associate with Si types lol.
    LOL I know what you mean by Fe acting gay cuz it's ultra dramatic and cares about maintaining the emotional atmosphere esp. when in lead function. That's literally all the contestants on Rupaul's Drag Race, including Rupaul as EIE.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    For example, SEI seem to get together with ILE often as do SLI and IEE. (I'm also going to include LSE and EII).
    One thing I noticed is that we have a hard time understanding duality outside of our quadra values. It is normal for you to see the duality between LSE and EII kinda weird because it is your conflicting quadra. I often thought "why is this people together? They don't love each other, they have nothing in common". But actually they do, it's just they have nothing in common with the way I would value. But I also agree some types of duality are more common than others, even though this contradicts the few statistics out there about socionics type frequency.

Good question btw.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It’s all over the place in terms of individual relationships. Some people take a long time of bad relationships and relationship fall outs before they end up wit a dual some find a dual young and lose love through lack of maturity or headed in different directions. Relationships are a roll of dice. Sometimes people get lucky and find the right one at the right time. Sometimes you find a lasting friendship
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincatrope View Post
    One thing I noticed is that we have a hard time understanding duality outside of our quadra values. It is normal for you to see the duality between LSE and EII kinda weird because it is your conflicting quadra. I often thought "why is this people together? They don't love each other, they have nothing in common". But actually they do, it's just they have nothing in common with the way I would value. But I also agree some types of duality are more common than others, even though this contradicts the few statistics out there about socionics type frequency.

Good question btw.
    Yeah I think I’m a bit jealous of SEIs and EIIs lol. In a friendly competitive way. I can’t imagine many SEIs or EIIs staying in a bad relationship or putting up with being single. They seem so relationship focused. But I guess some will avoid relationships/stay in bad ones for this same reason.

Perhaps there is some correlation between types and relationship success (not just duality) but also perhaps some types are better at being on their own..it probably comes down to other non-type related issues whether someone will cope being single for a long time, whether they find it difficult to commit to someone and whether they would stay in a relationship with less than ideal ITR compatibility.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123