Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attitudinal Psyche type system

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I took the test listed in first post -- some were pretty hard to decide. It gave me VLEF as a result, and that sounds like a decent fit from the short description (not as sure about longer description.) But, as of now, I know pretty much nothing about the system, so have to look into it more before I say anything much.

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So EVLF
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Hmm. I took the test listed in first post -- some were pretty hard to decide. It gave me VLEF as a result, and that sounds like a decent fit from the short description. But, as of now, I know pretty much nothing about the system, so have to look into it more before I say anything much.
    Frddy's recommendation in post #2 is a good source for individual function descriptions and function combinations, too, if you didn't see it already: https://bestsocionics.com/psychosophy/

TIM
    SEE-N™ 863
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    @Lolita, could you be Napoleon, the VFLE? The description of "First Will with Third Logic" (under the section "function combinations descriptions): https://bestsocionics.com/psychosoph.../third-logics/

In addition, Napoleon and Akhmatova also strive to master the knowledge to which they do not have a natural predisposition, for example, a person with a technical mindset seeks to understand psychology, and a humanist - in the exact sciences. 1B3L usually has a very broad outlook, they are distinguished by erudition: sometimes they are mistaken for 2L because of their apparent confidence and freedom in discussion and reflection. But it is worth starting to argue with them, giving convincing arguments, how their self-esteem is traumatized and they strive at all costs to prove their point of view.

The bolded reminded me of how you said you utilize Ti things in a way most SEEs don't.
    I had thought of that... which sorta scares me since I just don’t think I’m that masterful with the material world since 1P are more concrete with their will than 1V. As I’m writing my answers to the assessment questions, it seems like that’s the most likely result for me at this point

As I’m thinking and answering you, the song “sowing the seeds of love” plays where they sing “time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...”

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frddy's recommendation in post #2 is a good source for individual function descriptions and function combinations, too, if you didn't see it already: https://bestsocionics.com/psychosophy/
    Thanks, I've been reading it. The "myths and truths" of 2L made me laugh because I saw myself so much in it. These two parts especially made me laugh
    The Second Logic, as a high and extraverted function, longs to influence others, it wants to "help" you to shape your point of view. 2L can simply explain so that you understand the issue better and become wiser (from her point of view)

Since 2Ls easily juggle arguments and justify any point of view, they can also abuse this gift of theirs. For example, already realizing that you made a mistake, continue to stand your ground, resorting to logical methods that allow you to create the impression that you are right. The Second Logicians are more focused on something to convey to someone than to figure out their knowledge and get to the bottom of the truth, therefore they can very confidently defend deliberately false views.
    I've made the mistake of admitting the second part to someone before, and from then on they doubted everything I said. Whoops. I actively try not to do this, and stop myself when I start though. Sometimes though, yeah, sometimes I just get caught up in the argument and lose the truth along the way.

3E seems right to me, and the overall description of VLEF "Socrates" also seems to fit, with this paragraph fitting a little too well
    The democracy of the Second Logic is not clearly manifested in Socrates. In most cases, he considers his opinion to be the only correct one and seeks to open the eyes of others to the "truth." But this does not prevent him from processing according to the Logic. For VLEF, the expression “make you think” is very appropriate. He seeks to awaken thought and intellectual abilities in every person, which is why the teaching profession is very suitable for this type.
    People have commented on this in me more than a few times. And I find myself often trying to lead people to the answer I want them to arrive at. First will and 3E combo description also rang true for me.

One thing that seemed somewhat off was 4F as while I don't care about food or comforts and whatnot I was actively involved in sports when younger, and enjoy physical activity, and I want to be strong and healthy. So, that isn't completely neglected in me. Also the part in 1V "myths and truths" that says they do not feel guilty about their mistakes - well, I do. I looked at other types and compared, but came back in the end to VLEF as the best overall fit.

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So EVLF
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy from the Asura Psyche channel on YouTube tested as VLEF from the Attitudinal Psyche website if you want an example of what that looks like. He's INTJ in MBTI. I don't think he's done a deep dive into the psychosophy system, but VLEF does seem to fit him pretty well. He clearly likes to lecture and teach.

I've made the mistake of admitting the second part to someone before, and from then on they doubted everything I said. Whoops. I actively try not to do this, and stop myself when I start though. Sometimes though, yeah, sometimes I just get caught up in the argument and lose the truth along the way.
    I think I'm 3L, and will feel slightly alarmed if I don't think I know the answer or if I don't feel we've landed on the absolute truth. 2L can help me calm down mentally and not lose sleep because they almost treat it like a game, although that has its downsides as well. In some of our interactions the 2L person almost started to feel a sense of responsibility towards me, like to reassure me and not tease me too much. Still not above toying with someone's brain, though, and others like 1L were fair game to their trolling

One thing that seemed somewhat off was 4F as while I don't care about food or comforts and whatnot I was actively involved in sports when younger, and enjoy physical activity, and I want to be strong and healthy. So, that isn't completely neglected in me. Also the part in 1V "myths and truths" that says they do not feel guilty about their mistakes - well, I do. I looked at other types and compared, but came back in the end to VLEF as the best overall fit.
    There's a section on that website about Accentuations that details how 4F can differ depending on the person. I relate to you somewhat. Adulthood and having higher Volition probably also help naturally care for Physics more if you have the desire. You can make it into a goal for yourself and have follow-through.

Having 3E could be what gives you guilt over mistakes if it involves hurting other people or relationships, maybe.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy from the Asura Psyche channel on YouTube tested as VLEF from the Attitudinal Psyche website if you want an example of what that looks like. He's INTJ in MBTI. I don't think he's done a deep dive into the psychosophy system, but VLEF does seem to fit him pretty well. He clearly likes to lecture and teach.
    Thanks, I'll take a look later. I most often type as INTJ in MBTI also, so should be an interesting comparison.

I think I'm 3L, and will feel slightly alarmed if I don't think I know the answer or if I don't feel we've landed on the absolute truth. 2L can help me calm down mentally and not lose sleep because they almost treat it like a game, although that has its downsides as well. In some of our interactions the 2L person almost started to feel a sense of responsibility towards me, like to reassure me and not tease me too much. Still not above toying with someone's brain, though, and others like 1L were fair game to their trolling

There's a section on that website about Accentuations that details how 4F can differ depending on the person. I relate to you somewhat. Adulthood and having higher Volition probably also help naturally care for Physics more if you have the desire. You can make it into a goal for yourself and have follow-through.

Having 3E could be what gives you guilt over mistakes if it involves hurting other people or relationships, maybe.
    Right, that makes sense, I'll look more into that also. =) This has been helpful!

TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think this guy is 3E mb (LVEF) [also supervisor of LSI]

This guy seems ILE but totally not LVEF. Sounds bit like 3F.
    Last edited by Chin Diaper 007; 03-02-2021 at 05:40 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

TIM
    Possibly ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post

Eric does type himself as NeTi/ENTp but he has criticisms regarding socionics. He has his own system.
    3E checks out - he's very sensitive to criticisms and prone to outbursts in his channel. Nevertheless he's the most insightful guy around when it comes to MBTI and typology for me.

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So EVLF
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LVEF seems spot on for Eric, yes.

TIM
    SEE-N™ 863
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just submitted my answers to Rob so I’ll get my results a week from now!!

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So EVLF
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, now I'm wondering if maybe something else is responsible for the outbursts with Eric. Maybe even 3V, like "don't tread on me." I've seen him express jealousy, too, over others who seem to be doing well building their channels. My understanding so far of 3V is that it can be sort of undermining of others' success (not sure if I'm understanding that correctly, though).

It seems like 3E people actually avoid emotional displays or expressing emotion unless prodded beyond endurance. But maybe it depends on other aspects of your personality, like introversion/extraversion?

Does he encourage others to express emotion freely? That could mean 2E or 4E. I haven't seen enough of his videos to decide. Maybe 4E since his own expressions are kind of in the child stage, like a storm that passes quickly through. I'm wondering if he could be 3V 4E... (or 2E 3V)
    Last edited by Emily; Yesterday at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    I just submitted my answers to Rob so I’ll get my results a week from now!!
    I have a question. Is it important to you to have official verification? What would happen if you looked things up and decided a type for yourself, would it be less valid in your mind than whatever results he tells you?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question. Is it important to you to have official verification? What would happen if you looked things up and decided a type for yourself, would it be less valid in your mind than whatever results he tells you?
    for me it gives a kind of psychological security like a hardtop in a coupe. (even tho the difference between a hard-top and soft top is minor)

I think I'm LFVE, Rob said he'll send my results today O.O we'll see how well I got it right hehe. I would have donated anyway to support his efforts after I saw how well he updated the website.

Funny enough enneagram type 6 neatly explains why I have this need for external credible authority:

Sixes are also loyal to ideas, systems, and beliefs—even to the belief that all ideas or authorities should be questioned or defied. Indeed, not all Sixes go along with the “status quo”: their beliefs may be rebellious and anti-authoritarian, even revolutionary. In any case, they will typically fight for their beliefs more fiercely than they will fight for themselves, and they will defend their community or family more tenaciously than they will defend themselves.

The reason Sixes are so loyal to others is that they do not want to be abandoned and left without support—their Basic Fear. Thus, the central issue for type Six is a failure of self-confidence. Sixes come to believe that they do not possess the internal resources to handle life’s challenges and vagaries alone, and so increasingly rely on structures, allies, beliefs, and supports outside themselves for guidance to survive. If suitable structures do not exist, they will help create and maintain them.

Hmm, now I'm wondering if maybe something else is responsible for the outbursts with Eric. Maybe even 3V, like "don't tread on me." I've seen him express jealousy, too, over others who seem to be doing well building their channels. My understanding so far of 3V is that it can be sort of undermining of others' success (not sure if I'm understanding that correctly, though).

It seems like 3E people actually avoid emotional displays or expressing emotion unless prodded beyond endurance. But maybe it depends on other aspects of your personality, like introversion/extraversion?

Does he encourage others to express emotion freely? That could mean 2E or 4E. I haven't seen enough of his videos to decide. Maybe 4E since his own expressions are kind of in the child stage, like a storm that passes quickly through. I'm wondering if he could be 3V 4E... (or 2E 3V)
    hmm, I seem to be internally unaware emotionally to the point sometimes emotions blindside me or I don't seem to understand the root emotional cause for certain things and have to retrace logically WHY I'm having certain reactions. Sometimes I confuse body sensations for emotion :/. Consequently I dislike expressing emotion as it makes me vulnerable. Not even to my own mother can I express emotion, even tho my parents are very liberal and always encouraged me to express my feelings / supported me any way they could. I don;t get it, I think I can say anything to my parents, yet emotionally I'm inhibited and struggle. IF prodded to explain internal emotions and stuff I kinda struggle hard. An EIE once prodded me with this and I had a hard time. <== this is supposed to be typical for a type 6 as we are internally disconnected, no internal guidance, internal confusion exists instead. Its like trying to navigate a maze blindly. Only very strong emotions seem to be clear.

I'm also very "Idk wtf I want, but I sure as hell will not bend the knee to anyone!"

e_e logic is also very speculative, like to devil's advocate and discuss, there is always anxiety that I may be wrong, but I often steamroll other people's logic and think they are wrong unless they show credible expertise.

I did help my parents by paying off their debt, encouraging them to save and invest, to then go through with renovation plans and I often give financial advice or advice about what product to buy, how to check for quality, to not buy cheap, give advice and research on health related topics, aesthetics, what car to get, how to build one's computer, photography gear... it all sounds very 2F.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; Yesterday at 05:04 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So EVLF
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I think I'm LFVE, Rob said he'll send my results today O.O we'll see how well I got it right hehe. I would have donated anyway to support his efforts after I saw how well he updated the website.
    Cool. Did he just revamp some of the type descriptions? I appreciated his work with type compatibility since I haven't seen that anywhere else. While I haven't done a deep dive in that section of the site, it looked really interesting.

I did help my parents by paying off their debt, encouraging them to save and invest, to then go through with renovation plans and I often give financial advice or advice about what product to buy, how to check for quality, to not buy cheap, give advice and research on health related topics, aesthetics, what car to get, how to build one's computer, photography gear... it all sounds very 2F.
    Yes it does. Cool of you to help your folks. As I think of people I know, the ones I suspect are 2F are very generous and oriented to acts of service, each in a way unique to their sociotype.

My ESE cousin, for example, insists on hosting Christmas every year. Whether she loves doing it or not, she does it, and works hard for everyone to be in a good mood the entire time. 2F combined with that Alpha Fe.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, I seem to be internally unaware emotionally to the point sometimes emotions blindside me or I don't seem to understand the root emotional cause for certain things and have to retrace logically WHY I'm having certain reactions. Sometimes I confuse body sensations for emotion :/. Consequently I dislike expressing emotion as it makes me vulnerable. Not even to my own mother can I express emotion, even tho my parents are very liberal and always encouraged me to express my feelings / supported me any way they could. I don;t get it, I think I can say anything to my parents, yet emotionally I'm inhibited and struggle. IF prodded to explain internal emotions and stuff I kinda struggle hard. An EIE once prodded me with this and I had a hard time. <== this is supposed to be typical for a type 6 as we are internally disconnected, no internal guidance, internal confusion exists instead. Its like trying to navigate a maze blindly. Only very strong emotions seem to be clear.
    I relate to a lot of that as well, even though I'm type 1. It takes me a long time and a lot of trial and error to figure out what I'm feeling and why to the point that I can even begin putting it in words. I've sometimes come up with different stories/reasons for it that seemed like they could be true until something finally made sense as the real reason. On the other hand, I also will have spontaneous reactions to stuff, like getting choked up and teary when talking about something inspirational or sad, or even reading something like that out loud. It's embarrassing and I don't have much control over it.

for me it gives a kind of psychological security like a hardtop in a coupe. . .e_e logic is also very speculative, like to devil's advocate and discuss, there is always anxiety that I may be wrong, but I often steamroll other people's logic and think they are wrong unless they show credible expertise.
    hm, ok. I'm curious if Lolita has a similar feeling as you do regarding authority, and how/if this is related at all to logic position.

For me, I'm interested in other people's opinions out of curiosity, but I trust myself more. I can be persuaded by good reasons though. If someone lays out an argument, I'm willing to listen and change my mind. I remain the final judge on whether it's a good argument or not though heh and poor reasoning won't convince me. It doesn't matter what credentials a person has for me if they have a shoddy argument, nor what credentials they lack if they have a good one.

TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can say that my goals seem attainable if I apply effort which can be hard. I tend to work slowly when I have figured out grand scheme of things. So yeah. I just kind of look it like envy and sometimes I just think they conform to the hype of success.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So EVLF
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can say that my goals seem attainable if I apply effort which can be hard. I tend to work slowly when I have figured out grand scheme of things. So yeah. I just kind of look it like envy and sometimes I just think they conform to the hype of success.
    Maybe envy would depend on things like enneagram. "Devalue" is probably still the best word for the 3rd position.

So an enneagram 4 might really envy others' achievements, while a 6 might doubt it could be done. "Oh okay you have these lofty goals, but I can poke holes in those dreams!" I think my good friend is 3V and a Nine, and she has more of the attitude you mentioned..."grand scheme" and goals seem like a lot of work (and she's fuzzy on what she wants a lot of the time), yet she gets a bit stressed or easily guilted if she feels she's not doing anything. And she HATES to be pushed.

TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe envy would depend on things like enneagram. "Devalue" is probably still the best word for the 3rd position.

So an enneagram 4 might really envy others' achievements, while a 6 might doubt it could be done. "Oh okay you have these lofty goals, but I can poke holes in those dreams!" I think my good friend is 3V and a Nine, and she has more of the attitude you mentioned..."grand scheme" and goals seem like a lot of work (and she's fuzzy on what she wants a lot of the time), yet she gets a bit stressed or easily guilted if she feels she's not doing anything. And she HATES to be pushed.
    Not the achievement per se. It is about the constant stamina.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when my boss at work gives me an order as if I were beneath her.. my reaction is rage with an urge to smash her skull against the wall right there, similar situation with the sales and economic director. I have to control that urge and temper my anger due to being under contract which ends up being just an argument for which I get reprimanded or at worst me smashing something or punching a hole in the wall.

Outside of work this can escalate to threats of violence or violence.

.. I may need anger management. Its kinda weird tho the only 2 things that set me off are this and people being whiny and having a victim mentality otherwise pretty chill and easy going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this system I accept advice/input in areas of L, or F. Certainly not in areas of V or E haha... back orf!

TIM
    IEI-Fe Sx/So EVLF
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that is 3rd will, hm. I remember once telling my mom that someone else was rather bossy. She said, "You don't do well with bossy people, no, that's not true, you actually do really well with them. You listen politely, and then you just do whatever you wanted to do anyway." She's kind of right. I don't like people who are bossy, but I just turn them down and go about doing what I planned to do.

One area that I am overaccomodating in however, which makes me feel rather weak and pathetic since I don't stand up for myself, is that I will allow others to override my own tastes. For example, I was getting new shingles, and they didn't have the color in stock I asked for, so I took the ones that were available and made do. I'll take something that isn't what I wanted or asked for as far as food goes and I'm not too bothered by it. I'll wait excruciatingly long wait times without complaining. I just adjust. And it feels like a contradiction, because I'm assertive in so many other ways. But there is a lot that I just adjust to other people for, and I usually don't even try to push against it. I just let people do what they want. And I was thinking about this, and started wondering if I was crazy to believe I was 1V, and maybe I'm actually weak in it -- but started looking at what all these things had in common, and how it contradicts my general nature otherwise, and I think 4F starts making more sense than it originally did.
    I was thinking this sounds 4F as I read through it, and there you said it right at the end. I've found in the presence of a 1F person, especially if they are Sensing dominant, I just sort of go along with whatever they want in that department. Like I'll adjust my voice volume, walking pace, etc., to a 1F Si person, and with a 1F Se person it's rather easy for them to "direct" me physically. But yeah, I think the key is looking at what are of life you find yourself adjusting to others.

It seems like 1V 4F people aren't that forceful in the "real world," it's more like "don't tell me what I'm doing with my life and what I want because I've got it figured out, thanks." But I still struggle with nailing down where Volition fits for me, too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123