Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dating / Flirting with Identical

Anybody date their identical?

How did you flirt?

I am interested in an MBTI INTJ, I being a Socionic INTj , I am pretty similar to her. That creates a sense of familiarity with her. Need to start more serious flirting.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

shitposter extraordinaire
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has a boyfriend, unfortunately, but she once called me handsome. When she asked me what my physical type was, I pretty much described her.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Anybody date their identical?

How did you flirt?

I am interested in an MBTI INTJ, I being a Socionic INTj , I am pretty similar to her. That creates a sense of familiarity with her. Need to start more serious flirting.
    Why do you put your words like that? Are you the same type or not?
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

My Pinterest

TIM
    SEE-N™ 863
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably, but likely my “opposite.” I’m SEE-N and he was likely SEE-C. We got along fine but he wasn’t stable and went to jail. He came looking for me after he got out, but it was bad timing and I rejected him.

TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol. I have met few quirky ILE females. Dunno. We are just similar in many ways. Easy to get along but not sure if there is nothing beyond it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

TIM
    EII-Ne 4w5 sx
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my old friends is an EII. Our IEE friend introduced us to each other because he felt like we would get along, and he was definitely right. We connected pretty quickly and felt an outstanding sense of mutual familiarity. He's an extremely talented and dedicated musician, and his very analytic approach to music is similar to mine in my own disciplines, which is interesting. We spent a fair share of time together, and to my own surprise, he had a growing romantic interest directed at me. We actually kissed one day, but in the end, the extreme similitudes between our respective schemes ouf thought gave me a very stagnant perception of our relationship. Our interactions lacked dynamism : easy communication, easily relatable, but eventually boring in close communication. Therefor, I didn't allow it to bloom into actual dating, but we remain good friends to this day. I really don't see myself dating an identical at all, I'd rather date a mirror. They're hot af.
    Anyway, even if she's a MBTI INTJ, she might have a different socionics typing, so I'd suggest clarifiying that in order to know whether or not you guys really are identicals.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know five female LIE Identicals.

One is about 36 and she's hot in a kind of masturbatory fantasy way. I wouldn't mind sleeping with her, but it would only be out of curiosity and it really would be separate from our friendship.

One is about thirty and an ex-military lesbian in a relationship and they have adopted kids. She's smart but I have zero interest in her aside from friendship.

One is about 40 and married and I like her as a person but she's not an object of lust.

Two are over fifty and they are both powerful in their fields. They are more like men than most men, and they are smart, hard, no-nonsense, intimidating without trying to be (I know their internal intention is to be nice, but it comes off as intimidating), and they sometimes seem scary when I think about them.

Come to think about it, the 36 yo is clearly headed in that same direction.

I did meet one of the LIE women on Match. There was no flirting. The convo went something like this:

Me: Hi. I like your profile. Let's meet.
    She, about twenty minutes later: OK, I'm in Lansing.
    Me: I can drive there. Do you have a favorite restaurant, and when do you want to meet?
    She: Yes, the restaurant is ZZZZZ and I'm available on Friday MMM DD after 6 PM. Here is my phone number: 123-456-7890.
    Me: OK, I'll see you then. I'll call when I'm fifteen minutes away.
    She: Looking forward to it.

@Saberstorm, I've also dated an ILI (MBTI INTJ). No flirting there, either. The convo was very similar to that of the LIE above. Practical, no-nonsense, direct.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-01-2021 at 05:07 PM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Why do you put your words like that? Are you the same type or not?
    I did not think I was being unclear. I left a little information out. She is into MBTI. She is not into socionics. So my thoughts were to leave her self-typing as it was, and not convert her to socionics as if socionics were the gospel truth, nor retype her myself. Everybody uses different criteria for typing. I do not retype people until we are using the same criteria.

If I were to retype her, (because we use agreed criteria) I would say she is rational, intuitive, introverted, and logical. So that is INTj in socionics. She is less nerdy than me and more outspoken, but likely the same base type.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I know five female LIE Identicals.

One is about 36 and she's hot in a kind of masturbatory fantasy way. I wouldn't mind sleeping with her, but it would only be out of curiosity and it really would be separate from our friendship.

One is about thirty and an ex-military lesbian in a relationship and they have adopted kids. She's smart but I have zero interest in her aside from friendship.

One is about 40 and married and I like her as a person but she's not an object of lust.

Two are over fifty and they are both powerful in their fields. They are more like men than most men, and they are smart, hard, no-nonsense, intimidating without trying to be (I know their internal intention is to be nice, but it comes off as intimidating), and they sometimes seem scary when I think about them.

Come to think about it, the 36 yo is clearly headed in that same direction.

I did meet one of the LIE women on Match. There was no flirting. The convo went something like this:

Me: Hi. I like your profile. Let's meet.
    She, about twenty minutes later: OK, I'm in Lansing.
    Me: I can drive there. Do you have a favorite restaurant, and when do you want to meet?
    She: Yes, the restaurant is ZZZZZ and I'm available on Friday MMM DD after 6 PM. Here is my phone number: 123-456-7890.
    Me: OK, I'll see you then. I'll call when I'm fifteen minutes away.
    She: Looking forward to it.

@Saberstorm, I've also dated an ILI (MBTI INTJ). No flirting there, either. The convo was very similar to that of the LIE above. Practical, no-nonsense, direct.
    Did you enjoy dating/s*x with the intj?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Did you enjoy dating/s*x with the intj?
    The woman was an MBTI INTJ (ILI), and I really liked the way her mind worked, so yes, I enjoyed our dates. I didn't have sex with her.

But that was because she was resistant, not because I was.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-02-2021 at 08:20 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depends. They can be kind of underrated and good in a way. I think sex wise it actually was pretty good lol- knowing what turns the other person on. ((although both wanted the other to take the lead which was awkward times.)) There is often a lot of mutual understanding and empathy.

However if the identical is a particularly bitchy sort of IEI- and inwardly self-loathing, they will get way too angry that the other person is basically not a SLE- as they will want to be dualized really badly. I have found I don't care much about this kind of thing as some other IEIs- but it happens.

I think for relationships- similar emotions connect but mechanics need to be opposite or nothing gets started anyway. I've met many IEIs who thought something good is gonna happen because it's mechanically good and complementary (omg he's outgoing and I'm shy!) - but then they realize the emotions are one-sided and not equal- then they get upset.

How much it feels like putting the batteries in backwards while idiotically hoping it will still somehow have a spark- I think that sort of thing depends more on the individuals than 'type.' "Victim" and "IEI" often get thrown together but I find there is a lot of variation in that too. Some IEIs I know are very responsible and hard working and they will at least try Se + Te stuff a lot better even if they do it kind of bad and awkwardly - others are very allergic to that stuff. Some IEIs are very draining and vampiric, it's always 'somebody else's fault' - although it annoys me when that type of thing gets unfairly projected into all IEIs.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dated one for 3 years. Probably the best intertype relation besides Duality. So psychologically comfortable, communication is easy and natural, you trust each other. We've never had an argument. Actually, the only serious argument was about what drink to buy from the store. That really put our relationship on the rocks.

All jokes land. Things that don't make sense at all when they come out of your mouth, somehow seems logical to them. You feel like they will always be there, even when you part, your bond with them will never die and you can always reunite if you wanted.

It's surprisingly not boring. You're still different people. Sometimes you're just floating together in comfortable silence.

I ended it with my IEI of 3 years to be with an ESI (seeking Se), but all throughout that relationship I kept on friendly terms with my IEI, and would compare the two critically in my head (The ESI a negative joykill, the IEI a soft angel). I'd be walking with my ESI partner, all serious, spot my identical, and my whole face would erupt into a big grin and I'd bound over to talk to them and share whatever was on my mind

My flirting style is bullying so I don't like flirting with IEI men because they get confused in a despondent "why are you being so mean? .... i dont get it" way if you're being too rough or teasing with them, if this isn't your usual character and they don't expect it from you. I am the same, I don't like when a typically passive person starts showing edgy characteristics.