Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Are ESI-Fi gamma or delta?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Are ESI-Fi gamma or delta?

    i pretty much always favor Se in myself and others instead of Si, except when it's against my rights or when I think it's immoral without it feeling good to me; while I feel much more proficient with Si and I feel like I use it more than Se, I value Se more.

    but....

    i feel like i'm judicious and aristocratic even though i favor democratic (from the way it seems to me, i don't really feel like i understand it) and i prefer people to be decisive (which i don't understand because it seems like LSE would be decisive) but easy going; it's sexier and more helpful to me and it looks smarter.

    I have a vision of how i'd want things to be in this land, which seems to me like it would favor Se and Ni. but then maybe i'd waver from it from time to time.

    i'm definitely not alpha or beta.

    subtypes weren't part of aushra's original theory, but then i don't think quadras were either.

    but isn't quadra defined by valued IEs rather than Reinin Dichotomies? if so, then i'd say i'm a representative of gamma quadra by theory, while a mixture of gamma and delta as a person.

  2. #2
    Decisive Queen StarPath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    TIM
    Executive
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESI-Fis are still Gammas but they give off a delta vibe. ESI-Ses are more stereotypically gamma.
    ESI-Se - 1w2 sp/so - 136 - VLEF - Lawful Neutral - Ravenclaw
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5
    Virgo Sun - Aquarius Rising - Scorpio Moon


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarPath View Post
    ESI-Fis are still Gammas but they give off a delta vibe. ESI-Ses are more stereotypically gamma.
    Thank you. Will you explain what you mean by "Delta vibe" for me?

  4. #4
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    ILI INTp
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Vibe is something nobody does here by nature of being serious. I kid, but I don't. Anyways.

  5. #5
    serenaeva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    TIM
    ESI-Se 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They're technically Gamma. But feel like Myers-Briggs ISFJs to me (and quite often are). I can't stand them for the most part, they're unapologetically uneventful.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by serenaeva View Post
    They're technically Gamma. But feel like Myers-Briggs ISFJs to me (and quite often are). I can't stand them for the most part, they're unapologetically uneventful.
    I'm uneventful, but I'm not unapologetic about it. I like to entertain people and when I fail I feel bad.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    11,686
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    In my Model XXX theory - an individual SEE can either be more Beta-like or more Delta-like cuz they are naturally in the middle of those two quadras anyway.

    Types aren't neat little buildings. In the real world, buildings have broken windows from ppl playing baseball around them. I also think functions aren't neat dimensional but like 3.7 sometimes instead of 4.0 etc.

    So a Beta can be more Alpha-like (childish, naive fun-loving) or Gamma (serious, business-minded "adult") If you wonder why two people of the same quadra don't always get along this is a huge reason for it!

    Alpha can be more Delta or Beta.

    Deltas can be more Gamma or Alpha. Gammas can be more Beta or Delta.

    Now a Beta that's a Delta is a harder pill to swallow cuz it's too removed and oppositional. It's like saying 'I'm hot!' when ur living in the Arctic Circle. It's like bitch please. We all know you isn't hot. /channels Alex from Noah's arc.

    But you could be a bit less cold or even colder (like the two quadras beside you) then some other pure Deltas/Betas/whatever.

  8. #8
    Unites the human race! The Internationale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    USA
    TIM
    EII-Ne So/Sp 6w5;614
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    In my Model XXX theory - an individual SEE can either be more Beta-like or more Delta-like cuz they are naturally in the middle of those two quadras anyway.

    Types aren't neat little buildings. In the real world, buildings have broken windows from ppl playing baseball around them. I also think functions aren't neat dimensional but like 3.7 sometimes instead of 4.0 etc.

    So a Beta can be more Alpha-like (childish, naive fun-loving) or Gamma (serious, business-minded "adult") If you wonder why two people of the same quadra don't always get along this is a huge reason for it!

    Alpha can be more Delta or Beta.

    Deltas can be more Gamma or Alpha. Gammas can be more Beta or Delta.

    Now a Beta that's a Delta is a harder pill to swallow cuz it's too removed and oppositional. It's like saying 'I'm hot!' when ur living in the Arctic Circle. It's like bitch please. We all know you isn't hot. /channels Alex from Noah's arc.

    But you could be a bit less cold or even colder (like the two quadras beside you) then some other pure Deltas/Betas/whatever.
    I'm thinking I'm the Ne subtype of EII for this reason--I love my comforts and lazily considering ideas, and I'm not very categorical with my ethics. I sometimes feel a little awkward around Alphas since I'm worrying about what could go wrong given they don't consider the practical side of things, but if I'm in a good mood and I feel relaxed, I become more alpha-like, even if its mainly just smiling and nodding and people-watching other people enjoying themselves.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    11,686
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I sometimes feel a little awkward around Alphas since I'm worrying about what could go wrong given they don't consider the practical side of things, but if I'm in a good mood and I feel relaxed, I become more alpha-like, even if its mainly just smiling and nodding and people-watching other people enjoying themselves.
    In my system u are a Regressive Type so ur a Gamma Delta. GD-EII-Ne is a good typing for you I think. Your method of focus seems to want to become more Adult like instead of progressing to Alpha. "I got a 936 square foot home." Although you talk about furry shit which is very alpha-ish... so you could just be a Core Delta.

    Alpha Deltas are more like your mom I think, strict moralists abandoning the world to be re-born back into heaven as a child with strict double-dipped Si discipline. Alpha Deltas are really walking away from that Se. Regressive types tend to be more liberal/compassionate/artistic/subjective and Progressive types lean more towards right-wing/authority/objective/ethical/morals. Socially speaking I mean you can still be a Regressive type and vote for Trump so it's not really 'politically liberal.'

    I am also a regressive type btw. Alpha-like Beta. I am AB-IEI-Ni. Gamma Betas are a lot sterner/grimdark/like different forms of media than I do etc.

    "You're not sadistic and bad-ass enough to be beta bandd."

    It's all cuz I'm an Alpha-like Beta and not a Core Beta or a Gamma-like Beta.





  10. #10
    Unites the human race! The Internationale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    USA
    TIM
    EII-Ne So/Sp 6w5;614
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post


    In my system u are a Regressive Type so ur a Gamma Delta. GD-EII-Ne is a good typing for you I think. Your method of focus seems to want to become more Adult like instead of progressing to Alpha. "I got a 936 square foot home." Although you talk about furry shit which is very alpha-ish... so you could just be a Core Delta.

    Alpha Deltas are more like your mom I think, strict moralists abandoning the world to be re-born back into heaven as a child with strict double-dipped Si discipline. Alpha Deltas are really walking away from that Se. Regressive types tend to be more liberal/compassionate/artistic/subjective and Progressive types lean more towards right-wing/authority/objective/ethical/morals. Socially speaking I mean you can still be a Regressive type and vote for Trump so it's not really 'politically liberal.'

    I am also a regressive type btw. Alpha-like Beta. I am AB-IEI-Ni. Gamma Betas are a lot sterner/grimdark/like different forms of media than I do etc.

    "You're not sadistic and bad-ass enough to be beta bandd."

    It's all cuz I'm an Alpha-like Beta and not a Core Beta or a Gamma-like Beta.




    The furry stuff is something I kind of usually keep private, and the main reason I haven't bought any furry-related stuff is that it seems outrageously expensive when I really just don't place much value in it outside of just being a kind of kink/fetish. I see the muscle-y athletic bodies they have, and then the claws and fangs, and kind of animalistic features, ands its almost like I'm looking at an guardian-type person, albeit one with some very animal-like aesthetics. Delta ST is in fact what I want on a day-to-day basis, but I also like kind of a "powerful look" on a semi-conscious level it seems. I guess its like how a fluffy guard-dog can be really sweet to their owner, but can change in an instant in order to attack an intruder. The actual furry community proper has been WAY too goofy/silly for me, so I mainly keep the furry stuff as something I just google up on my phone when I'm bored.

    That's the best I can explain it.

    Besides my home, I also have a fully-loaded pick-up truck. I'll be glad when I get the Truck paid off. Its putting a lot of financial stress on me, and my plans to use it to start a lawn side-business fell through since most people already have somebody they have had be their cutter a long time




    Also, I agree with your assessment that I'd be Gamma Delta, based on how you described it

  11. #11
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,927
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ I can see where Disney got the idea of making the Beast in Beauty and the Beast a real animal. I sometimes wonder how much psychological research they do for a film?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    11,686
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, I agree with your assessment that I'd be Gamma Delta, based on how you described it
    Yes I mean I say if most of the time you want to "regress" into Adult instead of completing the Progressive cycle back to Child (alpha) then you are a Regressive Delta (ie; Gamma Delta or GD)

    I act way too young for my age and hate growing up. I had jobs before but I just want to have fun like a kid- I've always been this way even at 37 years old. So I am Regressive Beta. ((double-dipped Fe & Ti, a bit more Ne/Si which mellows out my Ni/Se)) Very far removed from Te & Fi.

    I'm still a Beta though cuz I'm still fiery, edgy, provocative, perverted, rebellious, piss off Delta authority etc.

    I am working on my XXX theory now hehe. I might post it in a few days but it's easy to understand.


  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    TIM
    when all IMEs bad
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post


    Yes I mean I say if most of the time you want to "regress" into Adult instead of completing the Progressive cycle back to Child (alpha) then you are a Regressive Delta (ie; Gamma Delta or GD)

    I act way too young for my age and hate growing up. I had jobs before but I just want to have fun like a kid- I've always been this way even at 37 years old. So I am Regressive Beta. ((double-dipped Fe & Ti, a bit more Ne/Si which mellows out my Ni/Se)) Very far removed from Te & Fi.

    I'm still a Beta though cuz I'm still fiery, edgy, provocative, perverted, rebellious, piss off Delta authority etc.

    I am working on my XXX theory now hehe. I might post it in a few days but it's easy to understand.

    im curious i need to know about this

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    ILI INTp
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That theory assumes that you move. I don't. I've been more or less the same my entire life. Honestly, if they gave me a job at age 8, I'd have a million bucks by now.

  16. #16
    Italians do it better Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    California
    TIM
    SEE-N™ 863
    Posts
    959
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESI is the corrector in Gamma Quadra and is responsible for sending signals back to the Quadra leader, SEE, to inform of any corrections that needs to be taken so the Quadra can survive. Correctors of the Quadra also bridge the gap for the next Quadra so ESI may “seem” Delta because they bridge Gamma to Delta transition.

  17. #17
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    ILI INTp
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Works for me. Do you have a source where I can learn more?

  18. #18
    mfckrz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    335
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It shouldn't be easy to confuse ESI-Fi for Delta, except maybe at some low resolution distance… ESI-Fi is quite removed internally from the quadra motifs of Delta, so I'm not sure why this prompt exists.

  19. #19
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,252
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey @mfckrz

  20. #20
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,927
    Mentioned
    1053 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    It shouldn't be easy to confuse ESI-Fi for Delta, except maybe at some low resolution distance… ESI-Fi is quite removed internally from the quadra motifs of Delta, so I'm not sure why this prompt exists.
    It exists because, metaphorically, paper doesn’t refuse print.

  21. #21
    Italians do it better Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    California
    TIM
    SEE-N™ 863
    Posts
    959
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Works for me. Do you have a source where I can learn more?
    Take G’s classes. He goes over socionics foundations including Quadra theory in beginning socionics.

  22. #22
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    ILI INTp
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Neato. I will consider it, however, I have no money. Anyways, I'll give a better answer.

    ESI-Fi is still gamma. Conceptually, they might look like delta NF, however, they're still gonna be able to do Se related things, they just would rather do Fi related things. IEE isn't. So while you'd both probably say no, when forced, one person will be helpless, the other person will not.

  23. #23
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type or subtype should be defined by the information handling processes that are used to arrive at a conclusion. Immoral, judicious, aristocratic, democratic or decisive has nothing to do with data processing and smarter simply means that data processing, whatever it may be, is simply done faster and more efficiently. For example, I've seen aristocratic, contemptuous attitudes in every type but usually the smarter versions. Eps and Ijs move data in, out and around in a similar fashion but their processing preferences and priorities make them unique. Subtypes have significant input-output imbalances but looking at what people have become or their attitudes says little about the processes that they've used to get there - the end is often no indication of the means.

    a.k.a. I/O

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •