Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Split: Gulenko's typings of forum members

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Descriptions don't matter. Relying on type descriptions is wrong imo
    as ppl are too varied even if they are the same type. I do not relate to LSI descriptions, I haven't found one relatable description thus far.
    They don't that much if you've managed to verify your type with IR. But that you can't see yourself even in the good profiles (Strati's and Gulenko's are good) on top of the fact that you've failed to find EIEs engaging, might be a tip-off.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    They don't that much if you've managed to verify your type with IR. But that you can't see yourself even in the good profiles (Strati's and Gulenko's are good) on top of the fact that you've failed to find EIEs engaging, might be a tip-off.
    What do you think of Filatova's descriptions, as well as her portraits?

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...s_by_Filatova#

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said to Sol I have dysthymia, which is a form of chronic long term depression. Idk, a lot of things I do is just me grinding on going forward going through the daily routine. Internally really I'm kinda numb, disinterested, basically very little seems to move me, haven't cried once in 15 years and I can't remember what it feels like to be happy. A lot of my presentation is just stuff I learned from books and playing with the webcam, so I become more "engaging" for work where I have to socialize.

I'm rather cynical, don't trust ppl and keeping up the façade longer than a few days drains my energy when I have to interact with ppl.. so I'd rather not, my mind goes to dark places when I'm low on energy.. which is when I need to sleep. Sleep seems to return me to the normal dullness.

beats me how I was without the depression, its been so long I forgot. At any rate I don't have the energy to care about ppl and or deal with them regularly, any relationship would fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Do you relate to beta quadra descriptions?
    yeah, pretty much the only quadra I relate to tbh., which is why I thought I was IEI be4 G diagnosed me with LSI. I do think Ti base fits as well as Ni activating. Either that or my desperation for meaning in life is just a side effect of the anhedonia that comes with depression and me wanting meaning as a cure.
    Last edited by SGF; 01-30-2021 at 07:51 PM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah, pretty much the only quadra I relate to tbh., which is why I thought I was IEI be4 G diagnosed me with LSI. I do think Ti base fits as well as Ni activating. Either that or my desperation for meaning in life is just a side effect of the anhedonia that comes with depression and me wanting meaning as a cure.
    I see.

Note that I experience the desire for meaning too, just to a lesser degree than you do it seems. I think our personal baggage shapes who we are quite a bit. Like, our personal philosophies and such. Had I been raised in China rather than "the West" I probably would not be individualistic, at least it would be much less probable. When I was younger, I was much more criticial of modern liberal values. I think personal views can come and go, and meaning can be experienced through the prism of various philosphies or artistic credos, and these may change throughout a lifetime.

Just some thoughts.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not sure astrology fits as people know it, but I think it does fit in the sense that it actually makes logical sense that the time of year you were born would influence your personality somewhat as it's your birthday and in most societies people tend to pay the most objective attention to you on your birthday and that would naturally influence your personality via how you were socialized onto a pattern over time. ((your ego gets constant feedback with how people see you and what you've done when around them etc.))

People's general mood and social patterns can vary with the seasons into a pattern that then people noticed trends they picked up on over the years. But it's generalized nonsense, and forer effect-y and it's like you can say you are this way for whatever reason because you have what house in what- so every contradiction there can be an easy explanation for.

I have noticed other Capricorns that felt similar to me and like there was a bond- since Capricorns tend to be witty, and pessimistic- but good with time/and understand the best things usually happen slowly over time etc. But it's also a thing where people pay attention to the hits and not the misses. So you see all those people under the same sign as you and how they are similar but there are also Capricorns that are really not anything like me at all. Then it goes back to 'oh they have uranus in their 17th house but you have this Aries' so that's why and it's just like '...' Capricorns are also supposed to really like business and hard-work but I don't and it triggers my Te PoLR. You are supposed to be more like your rising sign than your sun but there are all those nuanced rules that again they can fan-wank the theory to explain whatever trait they want.

Although my horoscope was eerily dead on yesterday (not so much today though) but that's what I mean about the hits vs. misses cause it also has been totally wrong with what I was doing, thinking, feeling or experiencing lol. There is such a thing as coincidences, but that's too boring for people to accept I guess.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Filatova made pretty good description of ILE. It tends to apply many.

Many times they are too inhibited to ever close off the distance altough is capable being entertaining but people around them can not see this combination being possible.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see.

Note that I experience the desire for meaning too, just to a lesser degree than you do it seems. I think our personal baggage shapes who we are quite a bit. Like, our personal philosophies and such. Had I been raised in China rather than "the West" I probably would not be individualistic, at least it would be much less probable. When I was younger, I was much more criticial of modern liberal values. I think personal views can come and go, and meaning can be experienced through the prism of various philosphies or artistic credos, and these may change throughout a lifetime.

Just some thoughts.
    Well you are not the only one who likes Nietzsche and H.H.Hoppe.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't that much if you've managed to verify your type with IR. But that you can't see yourself even in the good profiles (Strati's and DarkAngelFireWolf69's are good) on top of the fact that you've failed to find EIEs engaging, might be a tip-off.
    Lol EIEs are unstable and full of histrionics. Just because there’s duality doesn’t mean you’ll like them or agree with them or support them.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of Filatova's descriptions, as well as her portraits?

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...s_by_Filatova#
    For some of the types she focuses too much on the inert subtype, maybe? I just remember that the other two seem more complete, as it were. I don't really have an opinion on the portraits. I mean there must be something to them but I haven't been drawn to them...
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Uncle Ave the only other type I can see myself as is ESI - Dreiser.. the thing is I'm highly observant when it comes to people even the EIE I was interacting with was surprised just how much I can read into very small hints in body language and context. In general I find understanding other people to be extremely simple.. even things that other ppl hide from themselves seem rather obvious to me.

I think you'll be familiar with this: I find that I need to step in with brute physical force IF I see someone treated bady, unfairly or with cruelty..

Sometimes I panic-thik that I relate too well to ESI..

It is possible that my depression makes me seem more logical however I can't say my Ti is bad at all either..
    Last edited by SGF; 02-01-2021 at 05:30 AM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Uncle Ave the only other type I can see myself as is ESI - Dreiser.. the thing is I'm highly observant when it comes to people even the EIE I was interacting with was surprised just how much I can read into very small hints in body language and context. In general I find understanding other people to be extremely simple.. even things that other ppl hide from themselves seem rather obvious to me.

I think you'll be familiar with this: I find that I need to step in with brute physical force IF I see someone treated bady, unfairly or with cruelty..

It is possible that my depression makes me seem more logical however I can't say my Ti is bad at all either..
    I told Uncle Ave the same thing with how to tell apart LSI vs. ESI: ESI is very vindictive because they lead with Fi- which is the ethics of disapproval where there is suspicion, holding grudges, desires to eradicate what is judged to be beneath. LSI have Fi+ which is Ethics of forgiveness (same kind of Fi as SEE and EII) which gives benefit of the doubt, being kind, etc. Also, ESI seeks out endless Te stuff and it’s higher dimensionality in Model G serving as Manipulative function, whereas Te for LSI is lowest dimension as Control.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    I told Uncle Ave the same thing with how to tell apart LSI vs. ESI: ESI is very vindictive because they lead with Fi- which is the ethics of disapproval where there is suspicion, holding grudges, desires to eradicate what is judged to be beneath. LSI have Fi+ which is Ethics of forgiveness (same kind of Fi as SEE and EII) which gives benefit of the doubt, being kind, etc. Also, ESI seeks out endless Te stuff and it’s higher dimensionality in Model G serving as Manipulative function, whereas Te for LSI is lowest dimension as Control.
    Yeah, that part doesn't seem to apply to me when it comes to ESI.

I had an uncle (my dad's brother), I would have said he was ISTJ in MBTI terms lol.. dad says I'm just like him lmao. I would agree, he was a 6 as well.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that part doesn't seem to apply to me when it comes to ESI.
    They’re very distant and scrutinize people harshly and determine who they’ll approach and what sort of relationship is between them and that person. Super selective. I’m really selective but not as exacting as ESI. I have friends from high school whom I’m sure are ESIs and they’re extremely judgmental. They’ve watched me from a distance and came up to me and decided that I’m a “good person” and that we’ll be friends. Usually, when ESI has decided they like you, that means they accept you as-is and will put up with your shit through highs and lows. That’s the core component with Gamma Fi since it’s mixed with Se, it becomes resilient in enforcing the relational ties that have been created.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    as someone who spent the last 4 years researching astrological data using the scientific method, I can say that astrology sure has truth to it. but unfortunately we won't ever be able to test typology as scientifically, because there's no consensus on anything.
    i think typology has more consesus then astrology, i have been looking at astrology for a while too

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister12 View Post
    i think typology has more consesus then astrology, i have been looking at astrology for a while too
    the fact is that astrology can be researched using a method, scientific or wtv, with typology that's close to impossible, even using the brain scans or what have u.

that typology has more "consensus" than astrology, no doubt about it. but idc of that "consensus", i just used the word to indicate how ironically more objective astrology is: ie. if you're born on march 1 ure either pisces or aquarius (sidereal), and in typology such consensus will never be there

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can totally see ESI for you
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    I can totally see ESI for you
    you are annoying af, you know that? Every time I interact with you I want to punch your teeth out for suggesting something new.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are annoying af, you know that? Every time I interact with you I want to punch your teeth out for suggesting something new.
    You're annoyed because I agree with what you have just said? you said "the only other type I can see myself as is ESI" and it is a typing that makes so much more sense than LSI, at least to me based on the impressions you give on this forum.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I have recently been trying to induce certain modes of thinking by exposing myself to select groups of people and views/"functions". While I don't really doubt my typing these days I'm doing this to learn more about typology and people through experience. I'm not going to say that my way of categorizing them necessarily correlates to the actual functions but when you come across some viewpoints you'll definitely some strict differences, and if you get with the people who mostly swarm within those viewpoints, you'll see sameness in their cognition too.

You'll notice some groups are mentally and even physically challenging, which over time leads to mental and physical paralysis, at least in my experience. I notice jumping from a certain state helps you move to certain states easily with less stress too when it could be much challenging otherwise. Given it is like inducing neurosis, but I am just sharing this just in case you are interested in finding cure for your situation, since just like how ego functions work, certain activities are invigorating. You do have to expose yourself to that group of activities for quite a time to experience the effect, because you might have a lot of activities that put a lot of mental stress (supposedly these things are not serving your Ego in a way) which just offset the exposure to invigorating groups. And it's also difficult to realize which of these things are if you are already in your lowest state. It's much easier to feed your Ego first, then get rid of unhealthy habits after. I think this is what Jung tried to make sense of when he talked about the types.

Given your state I don't think it would be good for you to assess your type. Maybe if you do what I said above you'll get to know your type in the end. ESI, LSI or something else, it doesn't really matter if you can't use the information to improve your current situation.

I've had dysthymia and basically experienced what you had experienced too. Two things - One, focusing on imaginations, esoteric and activities that require mental stimulation snapped me out of it, and not being able to spend time on contemplation was what put me into that depressive state. Two, I still have some of the symptoms (i.e. low energy and avoidance of most social activities) but I know I don't need help as I feel fulfilled and those things are probably just type related.
    First, thx for the post. I appreciate it.

hmm.. in my case I'm often stuck in my head thinking and stuck at my job which I have been working at for almost 10 years now. What I do is wake up, go to work, deal with problems there, arrive home, deal with problems at home, sleep and repeat. While this is happening I'm bored and distract myself by thinking and research. Its all this depressing boring grey grind day after day.

I'd need to break the rut, change jobs, start something new... but I hate uncertainty am too cautious, deliberate and often just fail to capitalize on opportunities for change because of this. I have been slowly improving myself over the years especially internal awareness and my social side which used to be much worse, but its not enough... I need change.

At this point I'm 99.99999% sure I'm LSI-H -> C 6w5 So/Sx a lot of my problems seem to stem from Ne PolR and being type 6, these are things I can improve... or work around. This is the year tho. I decided already.
    Last edited by SGF; 03-03-2021 at 04:56 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    You're annoyed because I agree with what you have just said? you said "the only other type I can see myself as is ESI" and it is a typing that makes so much more sense than LSI, at least to me based on the impressions you give on this forum.
    There are some people who are what I call "monkey-like", idk they just annoy me with their presence in general. For example Adam and You, sbbds, nanashi. hah funny that would make me Adam's dual yet I can hardly stand what he posts.

The reason I defend Gulenko however does have to do with me being type 6w5 social subtype, being attached to external systems of thought, being partizan and so on. I do this with almost anything I ascribe to, politics, philosophy and religion included. When people question the systems I rely on, I get annoyed very fast. This includes personal thoughts and ways of doing things. Its not uncommon for me to disagree with someone on the logic of how to do something and stubbornly imposing it on them or just doing it myself disregarding their input if I consider it dumb. Sometimes I'm wrong tho and in hindsight I see it.

I realized this is true of me a few days ago:

Social Type Sixes: Duty

Social Sixes find comfort in authority and obeying the rules. They fear disapproval and therefore work hard to adhere to the guidelines of whatever authority figure they rely on. This obedience helps them feel safe and cope with their inherent anxiety. The Social Six can become too sure of things when they place their trust in an authority they assume is infallible. They have no tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.

considering this I'll stop defending Gulenko, its just my reaction, something I can control.
    Last edited by SGF; 03-03-2021 at 04:25 AM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ewwwwww no. Adam is ILE Don Quixote chasing invisible windmills aka seeking out Si in the arms of so-called “ESI” and always telling nonsensical stories. Adam is actually your supervisor.

And although I understand your reasoning and motivations for defending G, I think the main thing is G shouldn’t be attacked or critiqued to begin with; especially by people who don’t understand socionics beyond stereotypes and reading wiki articles that’s written by other randoms who aren’t in possession of any depth of insight nor clarity of thought. It’s a lot of people who cling onto delusions of grandeur that because they read a few online articles from questionable entities that somehow that elevates their level of expertise against G

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someone else hurry up and get typed already so that I can ogle the new typing xD

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Someone else hurry up and get typed already so that I can ogle the new typing xD
    I'm getting typed in psychosophy / attitudinal psyche, you can ogle that. Results today I guess, its day 7.. deadline.

\o/ I suspect it will be either FLVE or LFVE..

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just submitted my answers to AP 12 hours ago so I’ll get my results a week from now, Wednesday I suspect. I don’t know what type I’d get, maybe VFLE Napoleon.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting typed in psychosophy / attitudinal psyche, you can ogle that. Results today I guess, its day 7.. deadline.

Aristippe or Plato... It would be pretty cool if you are Plato since that’s the PA version of LSI.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    Aristippe or Plato... It would be pretty cool if you are Plato since that’s the PA version of LSI.
    Timur Protskiy's type is LFVE.. lol he is LSI.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Timur Protskiy's type is LFVE.. lol he is LSI.
    LOL That I can totally believe. He's good with the psychosophy stuff but really terrible with Socionics. It's like he'll type people into Gamma Quadra if they don't fit what he believes should be Beta. He also believes the Gamma Quadra is overloaded with capitalistic tyrants and we like to control society with our vast fortunes. SMH. Gamma Quadra isn't about the capitalistic titan elites, it's about being self-enterprising, self-reliant; the smallest unit of power (individual) can fight against the collective power and actually WIN. Ahhhhh the influencing society bit comes long after the fact Gamma members make their vast fortunes but that's not of any primary concern. It's an afterthought at best.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been reading about that, and this made me think of stuff you've said recently "Since the carriers of these logics are valuable not in thought itself, but in knowledge, they no longer rely on their own conclusions, but on information obtained on the basis of their experience or provided by some professional in their field." <That's a description of productive logic (1L or 4L) from this SOURCE

Imo fits you better than 2L. Another quote regarding 1L "In the process of searching for new useful knowledge, First Logicians are more inclined to use books, articles and other resources than to receive them directly from other people. The fact is that information provided by a person without appropriate education and experience, a priori, causes mistrust in IL."

Contrast with 2L "The second logicians ask questions not in order to find out the answer, but in order to hear someone else's point of view and discuss it."

Anyway, that's my 2c. I'm not an "expert" tho hehe, as I just started learning this, what, yesterday?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    LOL That I can totally believe. He's good with the psychosophy stuff but really terrible with Socionics. It's like he'll type people into Gamma Quadra if they don't fit what he believes should be Beta. He also believes the Gamma Quadra is overloaded with capitalistic tyrants and we like to control society with our vast fortunes. SMH. Gamma Quadra isn't about the capitalistic titan elites, it's about being self-enterprising, self-reliant; the smallest unit of power (individual) can fight against the collective power and actually WIN. Ahhhhh the influencing society bit comes long after the fact Gamma members make their vast fortunes but that's not of any primary concern. It's an afterthought at best.
    I'm a far cry from what people would say is a "Typical Beta", even in Timur's point of view. A lot of people were split almost evenly when it came to the typing video I made for Archetype Centre, with Beta NF coming barely on top of the other options (IEE and ILE).
    In spite of all that, he typed me EIE.

I'd say he is good at socionics, his parameters are a bit odd sometimes and you can't change his mind about certain stuff. He definitely has an air of higher authority with his approach to the "old schools of socionics" that he perceives as outdated and heretical-- He actually reminds me a little bit of Sol in that regard. Cute twinsies.

But anyway, looking at the bigger picture here, I'd say he is fairly competent in both psychosophy and Socionics, although the socionics practiced by him might be a bitter pill to swallow for some.

A bit of a clarification that I feel is worth giving here, since you seem to misinterpret what he thinks of Gamma: No, in his opinion, Gammas are not capitalistic tyrants. They are, like you said, self-enterprising and drawn to personal achievement. This makes them the most adaptable quadra to the modern world environment. Their sphere is influence is huge because they made it that way, and now Gamma is everywhere, lo and behold: from music to social media, politics, even literature and filmmaking, everything that is a product of modern culture has Gamma undertones in it. There's nothing tyrannical about it, it's simply the Quadra having the tightest grip in society at the current time.

But oh, the wheels of Shiva are turning...
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12