Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The videos I sent off for my typing assesment, curious to hear other people's thoughts

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The videos I sent off for my typing assesment, curious to hear other people's thoughts

[videos removed]

I'll post whatever parts of my report people wanna know about, but it's the standard "going down the line of intuition vs sensing, ethics vs logic, etc" I will say that he called me out as a Ni-dom because I compared myself to a Cassandra...which...is fair lol.

Here's the subtype part though;

"What can we say about her subtype? The most probable subtype in DCNH system isthe second one, i.e. creative (C). This is evidenced by her contactness - curiosity, trust,
    courage, openness as well as her initiality - low orderliness but quick learning of new
    skills.

Contactness combined with initiality gives a creative subtype."
    Last edited by megedy; 01-27-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb ISFP

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very intuitive, not EII.

I think my guess would have been IEE creative, but I can see IEI-C also.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah the prediction thing is Ni for sure. I can see why G thinks you are IEI. I definitely do not see delta NF.

Maybe it's your fear of conflicts that got you thinking you are Se polr?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the IEI-C actually works even if I was skeptical before the videos. The C sub IEI can really have this "bubbly" extroverted NF energy while still clearly valuing Fe over Fi/Te.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Maybe it's your fear of conflicts that got you thinking you are Se polr?
    That is 100% why I thought I was Se polr. I also thought Se was about being forceful, and I don't really like to impose my will on other people, so I thought that meant I didn't value it.

I will say, though, that Se is a function I have a hard time wrapping my head around.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging from the 1st video (didn't watch the second), I could see Fe ego. Not sure about anything else though. That video didn't strike me as showing a preference for N or S or necessarily I or E imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    That is 100% why I thought I was Se polr. I also thought Se was about being forceful, and I don't really like to impose my will on other people, so I thought that meant I didn't value it.

I will say, though, that Se is a function I have a hard time wrapping my head around.
    Everyone has a hard time wrapping their head around
    There are a ton of misconceptions in novice socionic circles about what Black Sensing (Se) entails. Misconceptions about how it's tied to abuse, or preferences towards only the most extreme acts of asserting one's volition, "my way or the high way", and so on.

All of them are false and they're the result of tens of years of meme-ing that went too far. Black sensing is about control - of a situation, especially. Control of your environment, of your surrounding world, of the way you interact with what sits outside yourself. Beta types are depicted, in the most sensationalist of fashion, as depraved. It isn't entirely false, but if you focus only on that, what you're doing is simply hype fixating on a "heat-of-the-moment" scenario.

Betas are, in reality, RARELY decadent. They are quite collected, because they value control over situations, especially over themselves. That's the wet dream of self-realization right there.
    This applies even more so to Beta NFs; they might swing from moments of decadence to moments of 'repentance', because they seek, and need, grounding in reality via , least they get lost in a purely-conceptual void of .

People need to get a fucking grip on themselves in socionics communities and realize that Black Sensing has nothing to do with how hard you punch someone or how many times you call someone a "nerd". If anyone tells you differently, they are most likely using their spin on the system to justify their attachment to the "Big Bad Wolf" Se-ego TIM they self-type as, because it caresses them nicely and gives them a semblance of validation. Living in a fantasy and playing a role is a coping method )
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I suspected for a while now you probably weren’t EII and possibly either XEE or XEI

(Please don’t take it personally though; you might still be, it’s just an opinion)

I just rarely voice my opinion unless the person is open to alternate typings.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think what @Suspiria said is very true, especially about the way meme-ing about Se has gone a bit to the extreme side. It isn't about being forceful imo. More like about knowing what you want, having the willpower and self-control to stay collected to get what you want. You said about your friend in the vids she is good at getting what she wants (dream job etc) and I get why Gulenko says she's SLE based off of that.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C-SEI-Fe

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    C-SEI-Fe

This. To be perfectly honest, I agree with this.

Tons and tons of Si, enough so that you look like my SLI ex sometimes, and 4D Fi (cares for family.)

Looking back into the past to relive past actions. Si. Not Ni.

Enough Fe to seem extroverted, but not be extroverted. Seems to have lots of the "nice" function, whichever one that is.

From the words, I'd say ESI-Fi. From the look, including the comfortable clothes, I'll say SEI-Fe.

I just don't see Ni, not the way IEI's have it. Was Gulenko asleep when he did this typing?

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was thinking LII, but if you're Ni Dom, IEI seems more likely. You remind me a bit of someone I used to know in college, and your manner is a more introverted form of Lucy Davis, who I think is EIE. So maybe that works.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post
    There are a ton of misconceptions in novice socionic circles about what Black Sensing (Se) entails. Misconceptions about how it's tied to abuse, or preferences towards only the most extreme acts of asserting one's volition, "my way or the high way", and so on.

All of them are false and they're the result of tens of years of meme-ing that went too far. Black sensing is about control - of a situation, especially. Control of your environment, of your surrounding world, of the way you interact with what sits outside yourself. Beta types are depicted, in the most sensationalist of fashion, as depraved. It isn't entirely false, but if you focus only on that, what you're doing is simply hype fixating on a "heat-of-the-moment" scenario.

Betas are, in reality, RARELY decadent. They are quite collected, because they value control over situations, especially over themselves. That's the wet dream of self-realization right there.
    This applies even more so to Beta NFs; they might swing from moments of decadence to moments of 'repentance', because they seek, and need, grounding in reality via , least they get lost in a purely-conceptual void of .

People need to get a fucking grip on themselves in socionics communities and realize that Black Sensing has nothing to do with how hard you punch someone or how many times you call someone a "nerd". If anyone tells you differently, they are most likely using their spin on the system to justify their attachment to the "Big Bad Wolf" Se-ego TIM they self-type as, because it caresses them nicely and gives them a semblance of validation. Living in a fantasy and playing a role is a coping method )

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can see where the SEI typings are coming from, as well as the initial delta typing.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Tons and tons of Si, enough so that you look like my SLI ex sometimes, and 4D Fi (cares for family.)

Enough Fe to seem extroverted, but not be extroverted. Seems to have lots of the "nice" function, whichever one that is.

From the words, I'd say ESI-Fi. From the look, including the comfortable clothes, I'll say SEI-Fe.

I just don't see Ni, not the way IEI's have it. Was Gulenko asleep when he did this typing?
    SEI was my initial guess from the first still pic but after the video I think there are some visual details that point to SEI being less likely than IEI, although still possible.

I don't agree that looking into the past is always Si. Both Si and Ni look into the past. Si is more often reminiscing past experiences (this is something that often happened with my SEI ex of many years, she'd start talking about "remember back when we did this"). Whereas Ni is more about examining the consequences of past decisions to help them predict future outcomes. You can't make extrapolations without first observing a past trend.
    Ni leads can often repeat past experiences because they have problems creating new ones themselves.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII can actually be very strong-willed and go medieval on someone lol.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I too see why gulenko typed you IEI-C after watching the video. You do talk about Ni the way he describes it in his book and IEI profiles. Also the things you admired in your friend sound . I think you don’t stereotypically look the way people think of IEI’s looking and look like you could be more SEI or delta nf , but this is going by cognition imo. I can see why you thought EII for yourself, or IEE. And why some people think SEI. But the end of the second vid about your friend did make you sound dual seeking.

I actually watched all of both vids and they were good ones. I can see why they wanted to use the second one! You are very cute and bubbly too (nothing weird lol) thanks for sharing!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@megedy
    you may try IR test

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched your first video and I would immediatly type you as an IEI. I've observed some patterns from friends in berlin who are also IEI who remind me a lot of you (facial expressions, manner of speech etc.)
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lean towards IEI but could see why people are saying SEI. Your initial vibe is very positive and Alpha-like, and the talk about valuing family and moving to be near your grandparents sounds exactly like what the SEIs I know would do.

Points for IEI:
    -The fantastical inner world you described imagining since childhood. None of the SEIs I know (and I know several very well, including my mom) have ever described constructing anything like that. My SEI roommate once said, "I was not an imaginative child." Not to say SEIs are all unimaginative, of course, but I would think even an SEI-C wouldn't be so involved in an abstract fantasy life. Their Creative subtype would manifest more in the physical world.

-Predicting outcomes for others around the 7:40 mark in the second video. SEIs can give really good and wise relational advice but I rarely hear them warn about the future like "if you do this, then this could happen."

-Positive, cheerful presentation could be related to enneagram type and instinct, not just quadra. Not all IEIs are moody type 4s

Regardless of your type, glad you're around!

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*rips a fat hit off my juul* oh i get to call it decadence & that's Se? Haha no for real though, this whole post helps a lot for reframing Se. Control makes sense, I can see that better. I literally pay more rent so I can have a 1 bedroom to myself rather than pay less and have to deal with roommates. I jokingly refer to myself as a "pretty little princess" over it.

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Haha, I suspected for a while now you probably weren’t EII and possibly either XEE or XEI

(Please don’t take it personally though; you might still be, it’s just an opinion)

I just rarely voice my opinion unless the person is open to alternate typings.
    Nah I'm open to other people typing me. Idk how long I'll leave the videos up since they got a bit personal, but I'd rather get an honest evaluation of my type and get a better understanding than just self-identify with whatever makes my ego feel good and learn nothing.

Si was part of why I thought I was EII! One of the reasons I didn't initially identify with IEI was that they're...I guess wasteful with money because they like shiny things (at least according to his own description of them?). I don't really see myself in that. I have some impulse purchases I've made in the past but they're mostly creature comforts, or related to specific hobbies. Really not usually for the sake of aesthetics. I just don't like being wasteful...(unless it's for my pretty princess apartment with no roommates). But I didn't really see strong Si in myself? I have hard time maintaining healthy habits, or a clean apartment. I don't keep up on cooking when it's just for myself. I definitely get sucked into daydreams a lot, to the point of being completely oblivious to what's going on around me. & I've definitely let idealized fantasies of what I want my future to be like, or who I want people to be, get in the way of what's actually concrete and observable. (Or you're right and this is a case of ~the sorting hat strikes again~ hahahaa!)

I am glad I did the typing assessment, though. It's given me a lot to think about!

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    SEI was my initial guess from the first still pic but after the video I think there are some visual details that point to SEI being less likely than IEI, although still possible.

I don't agree that looking into the past is always Si. Both Si and Ni look into the past. Si is more often reminiscing past experiences (this is something that often happened with my SEI ex of many years, she'd start talking about "remember back when we did this"). Whereas Ni is more about examining the consequences of past decisions to help them predict future outcomes. You can't make extrapolations without first observing a past trend.
    Ni leads can often repeat past experiences because they have problems creating new ones themselves.
    I can see this more, that would make sense to me Ni-wise. I do like trying new things and taking risks sometimes, I just need a push from someone else I trust, & I like having a backup plan. The friend I described in the video? When I told her I couldn't stay in the pits of the midwest anymore after my divorce, and I was going to be miserable if I had to stay there, she invited me to stay with her in Los Angeles to see if I'd like it better there. I knew that even if I didn't like it in LA, it'd at least give me a few months to make a new plan to never have to go back to the Great Plains again. & it did! It gave me a chance to clear my head and get my shit together enough to move to the Northeast to be near my family! (also i never have to set foot in a square state again if i don't want to yaaaay~)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

Yeah, I too see why gulenko typed you IEI-C after watching the video. You do talk about Ni the way he describes it in his book and IEI profiles. Also the things you admired in your friend sound . I think you don’t stereotypically look the way people think of IEI’s looking and look like you could be more SEI or delta nf , but this is going by cognition imo. I can see why you thought EII for yourself, or IEE. And why some people think SEI. But the end of the second vid about your friend did make you sound dual seeking.

I actually watched all of both vids and they were good ones. I can see why they wanted to use the second one! You are very cute and bubbly too (nothing weird lol) thanks for sharing!
    Aww dang haha I'm surprised someone watched all of both of them! Yeah I think that was part of my problem in seeing myself in IEI, too. I'm not very flashy. I like being understated & cute! X3 But I'm starting to see Se seeking more, too (especially now that I'm starting to *get* Se). I thought my admiration for ambitious people who are able to take charge and know what they want was Te. (& nothing weird taken, thank you, that was very kind and you made my day!! <3 )

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I lean towards IEI but could see why people are saying SEI. Your initial vibe is very positive and Alpha-like, and the talk about valuing family and moving to be near your grandparents sounds exactly like what the SEIs I know would do.

Points for IEI:
    -The fantastical inner world you described imagining since childhood. None of the SEIs I know (and I know several very well, including my mom) have ever described constructing anything like that. My SEI roommate once said, "I was not an imaginative child." Not to say SEIs are all unimaginative, of course, but I would think even an SEI-C wouldn't be so involved in an abstract fantasy life. Their Creative subtype would manifest more in the physical world.

-Predicting outcomes for others around the 7:40 mark in the second video. SEIs can give really good and wise relational advice but I rarely hear them warn about the future like "if you do this, then this could happen."

-Positive, cheerful presentation could be related to enneagram type and instinct, not just quadra. Not all IEIs are moody type 4s

Regardless of your type, glad you're around!
    -I've always been imaginative! I even wrote fanfiction when I was a kid hahaha. I actually came up with the first...oh god it's weird talking about this in public...axolotl mermaid creature...when I was 12, and it started with one story where it was one of them and they were trying to hide among humans and he fell in love with a human girl. It snowballed from there. Now I'm 28 and have this super huge binder hidden away, and a super secret world-building wiki, where I have all this writing on the different species, creatures, religions, etc...although the main plot, if I ever got around to writing it, would still center around the one main axolotl mercreature man and the noblewoman he travels the world with. hahaha I'm never going to do anything with it

-ugh I didn't go into a lot of detail about it in the video but the worst is when my ex would ask for advice on his new relationship, with the girl he had been emotionally cheating on me with, and I would give it to him because I'm a complete pushover that puts other people ahead of myself. He wouldn't listen to me about how coming off strong and not being honest with her was going to ruin his chances with her. I told him she would find out he wasn't being honest, it was a small town. & sure enough, when she found out about everything he had lied to her about, he got despondent over it and tried to come back to me for advice after it fell apart on him. Flat out "I told you so, called it" moment right there hahaha. It's happened with other people too but that was the most satisfying time honestly.

-& I still have no clue on enneagram honestly. I think 9 but eh. *shrug*

But thank you!! Glad to be here!
    Last edited by megedy; 01-23-2021 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@megedy, you represent well some women and young weomen I've met, super sweet and homey, whom I've never been able to pin them down for sure. Nice to have a reference now.

Your remind me of @justalitnerdxx a bit, who got typed IEI-H. But with more marked facial expressions (Fe-infused I guess).
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-& I still have no clue on enneagram honestly. I think 9 but eh. *shrug*
    I could see that! Social 9 maybe.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE > LII
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I first thought SEI based on some of your writings. You are quite bit more light than intense in Fe (Fe result > Fe process).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could "love" this post.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to megedy, I did have a feeling they were going to get an IEI-C result with their enthusiasm and sense of humor that they display on the site. Their result personally does make sense to me. Regardless of what you, the OP, choose to type as, I just want to say congrats and I hope you found it to be a cool experience!
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I have to admit I was thinking megedy was going to get SEI or IEE and would be surprised by anything else from a pic I saw and forum writings. But after watching the videos in their entirety, IEI-C does make the most sense imo.

Anyway, Aster is wrong again and has to reevaluate and is back to reading gulenko’s book
    This time from front to back... and not just here and there and this and that/ bits and pieces
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFP Yesenin type

https://youtu.be/mpKM3CI5PN0
    Last edited by khcs; 01-23-2021 at 01:58 PM.
    This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Congrats to megedy, I did have a feeling they were going to get an IEI-C result with their enthusiasm and sense of humor that they display on the site. Their result personally does make sense to me. Regardless of what you, the OP, choose to type as, I just want to say congrats and I hope you found it to be a cool experience!
    Everybody was on to me being some kind of Fe ego and/or irrational except me. v_v lmao

Yeah I'm still exploring the IEI descriptions now but it makes sense! Especially his explanations of why irrational > rational, and strong valued intuition over everything else. It also explains why I identified so much with EII but none of the subtypes for it made any sense to me. IEI-C just fits together.

@aster hahaha you and me both on that book! At least you weren't the only one that thought I was SEI or IEE lol

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of wonder what people would say from the videos before knowing what Gulenko decided. Not saying it would change much or that people necessarily biased in one direction or not, but it seems like people are using it as a kind of reference point, so I'd be curious if you could go back in time and see the difference.
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@megedy, I feel that Socionics should be useful for something. Based on Gulenko’s typing, do you now think that you might prefer an SLE partner over any other type?

I mean, when I first encountered the idea of Duality and started exploring the idea that an ESI might be a great match for me, it took a while to get used to that assertion.

I now am cautiously optimistic that that might be correct, but I haven’t come to a final conclusion yet.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I kind of wonder what people would say from the videos before knowing what Gulenko decided. Not saying it would change much or that people necessarily biased in one direction or not, but it seems like people are using it as a kind of reference point, so I'd be curious if you could go back in time and see the difference.
    It's fair to say people are using it as a reference point. If I didn't know about G's typing, but had seen her videos, I would have more likely said EIE-Ni. At least I think I would have - it's hard to tell in retrospect - but does it really matter?

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fair to say people are using it as a reference point. If I didn't know about G's typing, but had seen her videos, I would have more likely said EIE-Ni. At least I think I would have - it's hard to tell in retrospect - but does it really matter?
    My Ne is curious, is all.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sociotypes are a human invention. If they don't make your life better in one way or another, maybe even subjectively, then what are they good for?

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@megedy, I feel that Socionics should be useful for something. Based on Gulenko’s typing, do you now think that you might prefer an SLE partner over any other type?

I mean, when I first encountered the idea of Duality and started exploring the idea that an ESI might be a great match for me, it took a while to get used to that assertion.

I now am cautiously optimistic that that might be correct, but I haven’t come to a final conclusion yet.
    Honestly, it's hard to wrap my head around a bit because I had such a different idea of what SLE was. Now that I'm starting to get a better idea of it, and with Gulenko saying my closest friend represents duality, I can start to see it? @Suspiria 's explanation of Se does pretty much describe what I admire in people. I don't care for violence or conflict or excessive pushiness, but I do envy people who have an assertiveness, know what they want, and stand up for what they believe in. & the reason she's always helped me out so much is she knows how to nudge me into making better choices and getting out of the ruts I have a tendency to fall into, but without being overbearing. She helps me expand my horizons and have new experiences I wouldn't be able to without her. I could see that in a romantic partner working, too, but I thought PoLR Fi meant...idk less loyalty or commitment? That's really important to me, too.

I will say that this morning, I watched this video about duality. At the little skit at the end, before he said what type of duality it was specifically, I thought to myself "oh that's the exact kind of meet-cute I've been dreaming of!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast