Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Nail Polish

  1. #1
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Nail Polish

    So yeah... my new addiction/hobby is nail polish. It started last fall, but has really picked up lately, so I figured Id start a thread documenting it

    Im not really into fake nails, serious nail art yet (mainly playing around with colors) and I doubt it goes farther for me, but post whatever nail art related
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  2. #2
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This one has been one of my favorites so far that Ive tried...was my first gold polish & first Essie Gel Couture... now I dont want to buy anything else besides gel couture
     


    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  3. #3
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This one was kind of messy lol. So if you don’t know I really love lavender/lilac and especially lavender/lilac with gold. So I thought why not combine them? It reminded me of my Vera Wang Princess Perfume bottle... Well, this was my first purple polish and...I wasn’t a fan? I think the gold glitter might have been too much and I just don’t think I’m ready for pale purple yet because of the season...it just didn’t feel right... I ended up removing 5 days in (before it even chipped! Impressive!) because I was over it. Feel like it was a bit of a miss...
     


    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  4. #4
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol I hated this polish so much that I put it on at night and removed it the next morning. I just couldn’t take it.
    my inspiration was a vintage valentine card, but it reminded me of Pepto-Bismol and Barbie. I thought it was tacky as hell. Major miss.

    I’m never buying pale pink polish again.
     

    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  5. #5
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Last one for now. lol. Tried this one out last night. I was trying to decide between Essie Gel Couture Bubbles only and Rock the Runway. This is Bubbles Only, and I wish I would have got Rock the Runway instead (a brighter red). I just thought this might be a better winter color. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either...for some reason it brings to mind apples and teachers...and my MIL? which I think is kind of weird since it’s a vampy color.
     

    Last edited by aster; 01-17-2021 at 05:52 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  6. #6
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I discovered this site yesterday
    https://flora1761.com/collections/shop-all-nail-lacquer

    and now I’m in big trouble lol

    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  7. #7

    Default

    how about nail stickers/decals? i mean the ones that look like nail polish

  8. #8
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    how about nail stickers/decals? i mean the ones that look like nail polish
    I haven’t tried those yet. Have you?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I haven’t tried those yet. Have you?
    nope but it looks like an interesting crafty hobby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRqbqAsVYGw
    there are probably other ways to make them.

  10. #10
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    nope but it looks like an interesting crafty hobby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRqbqAsVYGw
    there are probably other ways to make them.
    it looks neat. I know a lot of people are into this kind of thing right now. I’m not a big fan of patterns and stuff on nails. Even a few hearts was too much for me. It’s like it looks ‘too busy’ to me, if that makes sense?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    it looks neat. I know a lot of people are into this kind of thing right now. I’m not a big fan of patterns and stuff on nails. Even a few hearts was too much for me. It’s like it looks ‘too busy’ to me, if that makes sense?
    yea i get it. i could see myself giving it a try just for the sake of the technique using solid colors or less busy patterns.

  12. #12

    Default

    plus, if there is someone you don't like but needs their nails done, you can prepare the color in advance and just stick it on. this way you get to spend less time with them.

  13. #13
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    plus, if there is someone you don't like but needs their nails done, you can prepare the color in advance and just stick it on. this way you get to spend less time with them.


    that would probably be good for some people

    The only other peoples nails I do are my girls and I don’t know why I bother, they mess them up so fast. Stickers would probably be better for them. But of course they still want to play in the polish lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  14. #14
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,109
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    This one has been one of my favorites so far that I’ve tried...was my first gold polish & first Essie Gel Couture... now I don’t want to buy anything else besides gel couture
     


    Now you just need to try red enamel designs on top of the gold. You could do silver to instead of gold. Maybe like red flower designs or something.

    I tried nail polish once. It wasn't my thing but it was pretty fun I guess. At one point in my childhood I remember thinking girls got all the cool stuff.

  15. #15
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    That's too personal
    TIM
    ILI? surely xxxp
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nails today: nailpolish.jpg
    Nails last month using nail sticker: nailsticker.jpg

    I forgot to take a photo of my nails last week which is saddening. It was red and I loved the color so much I consider using it every month.

    I would reaally love something more elaborate like this and this specially in red, I would have to find some serious nail art stuff and practice though (which I probably would sometime in the future).

    I don't know how to make it show up as an actual image instead of just a link. How do you guys do that?

  16. #16
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    That's too personal
    TIM
    ILI? surely xxxp
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Last one for now. lol. Tried this one out last night. I was trying to decide between Essie Gel Couture Bubbles only and Rock the Runway. This is Bubbles Only, and I wish I would have got Rock the Runway instead (a brighter red). I just thought this might be a better winter color. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either...for some reason it brings to mind apples and teachers...and my MIL? which I think is kind of weird since it’s a vampy color.
     

    this color is so pretty

  17. #17
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Nails last month using nail sticker
    i actually like those stickers!

    I would reaally love something more elaborate like this and this specially in red, I would have to find some serious nail art stuff and practice though (which I probably would sometime in the future).
    Wow, those are beautiful! Especially love the red and pearl. Second ones give such mermaid vibes.

    I don't know how to make it show up as an actual image instead of just a link. How do you guys do that? [/spoiler]
    i upload photos to Imgur and then save the link. Click on the portrait above the text box you type in and put the link in there. There are prob other ways of doing it, but if you want to delete the photo later, you can just delete your imgur photo and if someone quotes you with the pic, it will also disappear inside the quote.
    Last edited by aster; 01-17-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  18. #18
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,109
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    this color is so pretty
    Looks like alizarin crimson or madder lake.... Something close to that.

    Maybe this: http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Oil...inone-Red.html

  19. #19
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Turn and Pose...thinking about getting this one next...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  20. #20
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tried out this pinkish red. Thought it was Valentine’s Day-ish. I used to wear solely pinks like this when I was in my teens/early 20’s, but not feeling it as much in my 30’s. But I like it for around Valentines Day.
     

    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  21. #21
    detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used to have very cool ones given to me by my IEI best friend when I started being interested in nail polish 2-3 years ago but I lost them when my backpack was stolen so now I keep only some basic essentials like charcoal with glitters, red, pink, pink glitters and I get a new one every once in a while. Okay for some reason I can't upload a picture.

  22. #22
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I had this one (Essie Making Spirits bright) the Christmas before last. It wasn’t very good, and took forever to dry. I didn’t realize it at the time, as it was one of my first essies, but it’s prob the worst essie polish I’ve purchase so far...Anyway DH told me it looked like little girl fingernail polish so now I’m hesitant to wear glitter polish

    Last edited by aster; 01-24-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  23. #23
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,109
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I had this one (Essie Making Spirits bright) the Christmas before last. It wasn’t very good, and took forever to dry. I didn’t realize it at the time, as it was one of my first essies, but it’s prob the worst essie polish I’ve purchase so far...Anyway DH told me it looked like little girl fingernail polish so now I’m hesitant to wear glitter polish

    I saw this one and thought at first that it wasn't my favorite color. Then read and it seems like you agree. It has so much shine and is so light grey that it makes your nails look ethereal.

  24. #24
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    1047 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, you guys know that nail polish color reflects a person's psychological characteristics, right?

    --says the guy who types by avatar pictures.

  25. #25
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    1047 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I had this one (Essie Making Spirits bright) the Christmas before last. It wasn’t very good, and took forever to dry. I didn’t realize it at the time, as it was one of my first essies, but it’s prob the worst essie polish I’ve purchase so far...Anyway DH told me it looked like little girl fingernail polish so now I’m hesitant to wear glitter polish

    So the bolded part above is why I stopped commenting on my SO's clothes or hair styles.

    I actually worked with an ESI artist on a project, and the more suggestions I made to her, the worse the artwork got. So I stopped. I just stopped.


    This interesting thing to me about glitter nail polish is how they get the glitter to suspend in the lacquer solution. If the particles are too heavy or too big, they will sink to the bottom of the container. If too small, they all just turn brown or grey.

    There is a thermodynamic tendency for some mixtures to mix instead of staying separate, like the way that lighter cream mixes into heavier coffee instead of just floating on top, but you can't always rely on that.

    That nail polish had some very bright people working on it.

  26. #26
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    So the bolded part above is why I stopped commenting on my SO's clothes or hair styles.

    I actually worked with an ESI artist on a project, and the more suggestions I made to her, the worse the artwork got. So I stopped. I just stopped.


    This interesting thing to me about glitter nail polish is how they get the glitter to suspend in the lacquer solution. If the particles are too heavy or too big, they will sink to the bottom of the container. If too small, they all just turn brown or grey.

    There is a thermodynamic tendency for some mixtures to mix instead of staying separate, like the way that lighter cream mixes into heavier coffee instead of just floating on top, but you can't always rely on that.

    That nail polish had some very bright people working on it.
    i never thought about the process of making it I guess you are right lol

    dh never usually comments on my clothes. he says he likes my style, and I think genuinely he does, although I can tell when he doesn’t like certain things.he hated some grinch pajama pants I had and some pink crocs lol. I wasn’t a huge fan of them either. he also doesn’t like the color red and black together. I think it gives him evil vibes but he says I get butt hurt easy so he doesn’t usually say anything I don’t think he meant anything by what he said about the nail polish
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  27. #27
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    1047 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    i never thought about the process of making it I guess you are right lol

    dh never usually comments on my clothes. he says he likes my style, and I think genuinely he does, although I can tell when he doesn’t like certain things.he hated some grinch pajama pants I had and some pink crocs lol. I wasn’t a huge fan of them either. he also doesn’t like the color red and black together. I think it gives him evil vibes but he says I get butt hurt easy so he doesn’t usually say anything I don’t think he meant anything by what he said about the nail polish
    And here I was constructing in my head an entire novel built around the woman, the man, and the violet glitter nail polish in corn country.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-oN4NtvbM

    I need a hobby.

    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-24-2021 at 06:31 PM.

  28. #28
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    1047 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Black and red were my favorite colors in kindergarten. I remember I was hanging my coat on a hook in the coatroom when I decided that.

    Red is for strong feelings, and black is cold and mysterious. Might have been what I was experiencing at the time.

  29. #29
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    And here I was constructing in my head an entire novel built around the woman, the man, and the violet glitter nail polish in corn country.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-oN4NtvbM

    I need a hobby.

    well, constructing novels is a hobby and let me tell you, I do have this polish and am surrounded by corn, so you are on to something. I was actually thinking of try sugarplum fairytale next...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  30. #30
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,876
    Mentioned
    1047 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    well, constructing novels is a hobby and let me tell you, I do have this polish and am surrounded by corn, so you are on to something. I was actually thinking of try sugarplum fairytale next...
    Constructing novels in my head is a combination of having runaway Ni and having to do a task this afternoon that I really do not want to do.

    The state where you live is corn from side to side, top to bottom, so that wasn't hard to guess.

    As for your color choices, I guess it's time for me to state what the colors we wear mean.

    Black = cold and mysterious.
    Red = strong feelings, is usually worn by conservatives. <= From long dating experience.
    White = purity, which along with clear is usually worn by liberals. See above.
    Orange = fast and aggressive. Watch out for this person because they are coming at you.
    Yellow = "Trust me". But you should not trust them.
    Gold = see "Yellow".
    Green = "I really feel like me this morning, and anyway it matches the rest of my outfit".
    Blue = intellectual
    Purple = deep thought. "I'm thinking deep thoughts. Don't bother me right now."
    Violet = sex
    Gray = I'm old, but refined and I can go anywhere.
    Pink = the color that makes men weak. I mean, men lose their strength when they see pink. Now why would a woman want to wear that color?

    Bold, saturated colors = Fe
    Pastels = Fi.

    OK, I'm done for now.

  31. #31
    megedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    IEI-C
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok so while I have the idea in my head...

    Has anyone had luck with any of those at home gel manicure kits? I can't keep regular nail polish on for the life of me without picking at it once it starts to chip away. The gel manicure kits look like they'd be nice but not sure how they compare to regular nail polish for chipping less.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

  32. #32
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    Ok so while I have the idea in my head...

    Has anyone had luck with any of those at home gel manicure kits? I can't keep regular nail polish on for the life of me without picking at it once it starts to chip away. The gel manicure kits look like they'd be nice but not sure how they compare to regular nail polish for chipping less.
    you should experiment for us

    ive never tried the actual kits but I have the essie gel nail polishes...the gel polishes do last longer on me, but not much longer. Not as long as I’d like.

    Here’s a nice list of gel kits: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/bea...gel-nail-kits/

    wish I knew more about them. 10 looks nice imo
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  33. #33
    megedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    IEI-C
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    you should experiment for us

    ive never tried the actual kits but I have the essie gel nail polishes...the gel polishes do last longer on me, but not much longer. Not as long as I’d like.

    Here’s a nice list of gel kits: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/bea...gel-nail-kits/

    wish I knew more about them. 10 looks nice imo
    I just might go for being the guinea pig if nobody else has tried them, haha! Yeah I really liked the salon gel because it would last for weeks. Regular polish lasts like... a couple of days at most? Not long enough.

    Oooh number five looks nice, but 10 does have the most colors. >_> plus they have a bunch of different options for different sets with even more colors...
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

  34. #34
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    I just might go for being the guinea pig if nobody else has tried them, haha! Yeah I really liked the salon gel because it would last for weeks. Regular polish lasts like... a couple of days at most? Not long enough.

    Oooh number five looks nice, but 10 does have the most colors. >_> plus they have a bunch of different options for different sets with even more colors...
    lol sounds like fun I had regular polish on and it lasted 2 days. I think I can usually get 5 out of gel, maybe?

    5 might be better! I think I might have been attracted to the box on 10 great marketing, it looks like my kind of aesthetic lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  35. #35
    Power and the money, money and the power Lolita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    California
    TIM
    SEE-N LFVE 863
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like long acrylic nails mainly due to the attitude factor. I love waving my hand at people after I tell them off. Since Covid “pandemic” I haven’t been around people to give them the hand, despite traveling a lot and I don’t really want to deal with nail salons that are at 10% capacity or whatever so I found some nice fake nails that have jewels and such as alternatives. I take them off and I’ll use some solid, bold colors like neon yellow or my favorite, hot pink. Now, I have on the color pepperminty by Ciat. It’s an amazing brand!!

    B6EE4654-83E9-4E4E-A8BD-4178DD22C320.jpeg

  36. #36

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    11,663
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @aster

    wow turn and pose I think is def. the best one out of all those on u.

  37. #37
    megedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    IEI-C
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got a gel nail kit! I ended up going with Beetles, since they had so many color collections. I got the "Free Spirit" one, I felt like it was a nice mix of vibrant colors and darker ones. It also came with a matte top coat, which I really liked! So far it's already lasting way longer than regular polish, I put some on Thursday and it hadn't chipped at all yet (well, except from where I messed up & tried to fix it...). I even tried putting some nail art stickers inbetween the color coat and the top coat, and they stayed on perfect!

    The only downside is that, since it is so long-lasting, there's really no margin for error. Where it is chipped and wonky in places, it's because I went over the nail and tried to fix it.

    Overall super stoked about it, would recommend (even though there's a learning curve I haven't quite climbed yet). It's so nice having pretty nails again!

    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •