Thread: Issues with illness

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Issues with illness

I had to miss so much school due to getting sick, and one of my teachers has various grades based on how many times your tardy. the dean apparently doesnt care if youre sick.
    first i had a cold, and ITS STILL KICKING MY ASS AFTER LIKE A WEEK. In the middle I had viral (incurable, had to wait it out) pink eye. i still have to go to school for fucks sakes. i even missed school before the cold due to a glass shower door shattering and cutting my arm, leg, and chest area close to my shoulder. the paramedics and fire department had to be called and i had to go to urgent care, since my mom didnt wanna spend extra money. i feel like shit. my family members and even those in other places and relatives been having issues with illness and "bad luck" if you will too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you call "bad luck", some other people might call negligence.

It's probably not your fault, as you are still young and a victim of circumstances. You can try to imitate the lifestyle of healthier families (their rules of cleanliness, carefulness,...).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should fight back. Here's what you should do.

Phase 1: gather the information.

1. Make a list of everything that happened, health wise.

2. Get all your medical records related to this context - the events that caused you to miss school, and the paperwork. Eg: doctor's visit notes, urgent care notes. If you don't have them, you can request them from those facilities. Or see if they have an online portal. You can usually find them there.

3. Find out what your school's discrimination policies are, specifically related to health and stuff. Look in more than one place because sometimes its not listed under discrimination.

4. Find out what your state / national discrimination policies are, related to health and stuff.

Phase 2: compile and plan.

Then put all of this together and plan what you want to say based on your goal. If you have trouble with this, seek help from someone else who is usually good at stuff like this.

Phase 3: discuss this with them.

Show up or make an appointment or whatever you need to do. Tell them how their actions conflict with their policies or the law or whatever you found.

They should listen and be willing to renegotiate. But if they are not, then find whatever department in your school deals with discrimination and go to them. I don't know what they call them in your area, but sometimes they are called Get them to help you. Your situation is pretty minor and they should be able to resolve this.

If, for some reason, you are still not able to resolve this, get a pro bono lawyer (they work for free) to write a letter for you to your dean. You know what, you could do this as part of phase 2.