Thread: What jobs can borderline histrionic aspergerians do well at?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What jobs can borderline histrionic aspergerians do well at?

My social worker said I have borderline traits, asperger's, and histrionic traits. He also says that I have ADHD. What jobs would be good for me?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Maybe your social worker can help you there.

I suggest that you don't resort to negative thinking, and that you consider careers that are related to subjects or skills you are best at and ideally that you find interesting.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably psychologist and/or psychiatrist. You're already invested and motivated to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, these are just labels. I would not let them define you. I see a lot of people online get really involved with these labels to the point of over-identification. I agree with SubT...Just find something you excel at and love
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    My social worker said I have borderline traits, asperger's, and histrionic traits. He also says that I have ADHD. What jobs would be good for me?
    this is stupid: a person with borderline and histrionic traits will, be definition,have impulse control issues. If that is already established, then it makes no sense to label you with ADHD. it would not even be unreasonable to cast doubt on the asperger's traits, as borderline and histrionic people have empathy issues just as well. Thee fuckers probably want to put as much labels on you as possible, so they can enter you in various programs, which is the most profitable to them.

Dr. Sigmund Consentingadult recommends that you first work on gaining some psychological health before starting to think about a career. But if you must work, for the short term consider doing work you can do all alone (e.g. truck driver, pizza delivery), so social contacts do not trigger your borderline and histrionic traits all that much. This allows you to built some work routine and experience. Once you feel confident you have better control over your impulses, move on to the next stage with labor that involves more social interaction.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can do anything you put your mind to. None of those things lead to any road- but nor should they hold you back. Most successful people in the world are misfits/outcasts or previous "losers". Much of the stories I've learned from others are people that have faced a lot of heartache and pain/discrimination and stress from 'not fitting in' but then just blossomed out from that victim mentality and then controlled the world.

Do what your passion is calling.

/sighs as he realizes he's turning into Esther Hicks. Prion Hicks!

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So does any of these labels give you a reason why you ended up in your current situation?

Diagnostics criteria are about putting checks in boxes. Those labels are used to to control money flow. Not much good comes out of it but potential help. IMO, it needs deeper interpretation which might be a huge waste of time. I'm sure that many professionals do not bother deeper depth of labels as many see themselves working in an assembly line.

Instead of thinking what you are, think about why you are what you are and what you could potentially change. So change your focus.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org