Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Do other Deltas sometimes experience strong precognition/"spiritual" attunement?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Do other Deltas sometimes experience strong precognition/"spiritual" attunement?

    So this might come off as a little strange, but I hope you all can bear with me. Going back to when I was a young kid, I have been very attuned to changes in the lives of those around me and been able to tell either when something with strong emotional connotations will happen, or has happened that I don't know of yet. I don't really know if this makes me an empath/precognitive/whatever, and I'm not really one for meaningless New Age spirituality, but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this before in a tangible way. This might be a silly example, but when I was a kid, I used to get Pokémon card packs sometimes, and I could sense very clearly if inside there would be a super rare card or not (I would provide much more meaningful and illustrative examples, but they concern loved ones). I haven't experienced this in the past few years as I've been on anti-depressants, and my inner state is less anxiously attuned to outside factors as such (I think), but lately I've been questioning my type as this seems to be something much more stereotypically associated with Ni than Ne. Do any of you all have experience with this? Would this just mean I'm an IEI or some other type in denial instead?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could you give more examples ? Esp about the emotional phenomena you reference
    Last edited by asd; 01-10-2021 at 01:22 AM.

    EII-C | INFP | 4(w5)96 sx/so

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Could you give more examples ? Esp about the emotional phenomena you reference
    A couple times, when a close family friend or family member died, I would noticeably start having a much worse day at school around the time they passed away (where there were no indicators whatsoever that such an event would have taken place). Or if my mom received especially good news in the mail, I started having an amazing day at school. These might just be meaningless things--and I don't really put stock in them anyways, or particularly "believe" in them as worthwhile hunches--but it crossed my mind today that this might be tied into cognitive functions in some way, esp Ni. A friend of mine who is likely an EII has had very similar things happen to her before too though, so I figured it might not be something exclusive to Ni valuers (if there is indeed a relation to Socionics).

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,659
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    > been able to tell either when something with strong emotional connotations will happen, or has happened that I don't know of yet

    what you describe relates to N. more to Ni
    all people have it. the ones with N types have it more clear and often in the consciousness
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  5. #5
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    IEE-Ne5w4/8w9/2 SPSX
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's hard to be sure of anything when you look for correlations in retrospect. I might have experienced something like that, but how can I prove it? It's pretty easy to say 'I knew it' or 'I felt it' after knowing the fact.

    Did you ever make predictions like "I feel someone died today. It's grandma I'm sure."? That would be a way stronger proof of precognition
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

    Life is soup. I'm fork


  6. #6
    megedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    IEI-C
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get wicked deja vu. Like doing something and thinking "I've dreamed this before." I read once that is has something to do with the part of your brain responsible for memory creation glitching out so I just attribute it to that.

    I've also had some weird moments around bodies of deceased residents when I worked in nursing homes. Like walking past a door's threshold into their room and knowing "there is no life here anymore" before even seeing them, even if they were somebody we weren't expecting to pass soon. That part...I don't know. Could also be subconscious stuff like a lack of breath noises or maybe smells or something, idk.

    I don't tend to put too much stock in supernatural explanations when natural explanations make sense.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I suppose some EIIs or IEE will and some won’t relate to what you’re saying as it’s sounds...like not simply a Beta isolated phenomenon
    as It concerns types probably you’re the best judge of if it qualifies enough for another type entirely or still feel IEE to be a better fit
    —-

    that being said, speaking personally, I don’t think I have experienced that. And I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s Ni specific as much as perhaps Ni with Te PoLR specific. Kinda reminds me of Jung “synchronicity” and I feel like it’s seeking patterns, perhaps after the fact, in a way that to me seems almost Te devalued.

    but that’s just my perception. I’m not saying you’ve definitely mistyped.
    Last edited by asd; 01-10-2021 at 01:22 AM.

    EII-C | INFP | 4(w5)96 sx/so

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    It's hard to be sure of anything when you look for correlations in retrospect. I might have experienced something like that, but how can I prove it? It's pretty easy to say 'I knew it' or 'I felt it' after knowing the fact.

    Did you ever make predictions like "I feel someone died today. It's grandma I'm sure."? That would be a way stronger proof of precognition
    Yeah, I actually did (not specifically with the death though, afaik). That's part of why I hesitated with posting it, cause everyone gets deja vu sometimes; I'm generally suspicious of claims like this myself haha. But I would almost always tell either a friend, sibling, or parent that I felt something was up, so I know it was something that would happen, even if they were all just coincidences. Of course it's possible that how I expressed what I internally felt was impacted by their emotional states and whatnot. But my mom, being an EIE, would almost always put on a cheerful face for a little bit when asking me how my day was, so I don't know. With my siblings though, whenever we opened Pokémon card packs, I would tell them if I felt that there would be a really rare card inside--the most distinct vibe I ever got from one was prior to opening one containing a card worth $75. I don't know your age/where you live, so I'm really sorry if that's not culturally relevant, but it was all the rage with 10 year olds at the time so I hope it's okay

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    I get wicked deja vu. Like doing something and thinking "I've dreamed this before." I read once that is has something to do with the part of your brain responsible for memory creation glitching out so I just attribute it to that.

    I've also had some weird moments around bodies of deceased residents when I worked in nursing homes. Like walking past a door's threshold into their room and knowing "there is no life here anymore" before even seeing them, even if they were somebody we weren't expecting to pass soon. That part...I don't know. Could also be subconscious stuff like a lack of breath noises or maybe smells or something, idk.

    I don't tend to put too much stock in supernatural explanations when natural explanations make sense.
    That's generally what I attribute it to too. It's like it's hard enough for me to believe others' paranormal experiences, much less my own. Apparently studies have been conducted showing that this is something that can happen (can't say whether they're reputable or not ), but it's really hard for me to believe that there isn't some rational explanation for it, even if it's just on a subconscious level. What you mention with the nursing residents is exactly how I felt when it would occur though--it's like a very noticeable/distinct vibe that something's happened.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,229
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It means you have some psychic abilities, which are very real.

  11. #11
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,258
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    So this might come off as a little strange, but I hope you all can bear with me. Going back to when I was a young kid, I have been very attuned to changes in the lives of those around me and been able to tell either when something with strong emotional connotations will happen, or has happened that I don't know of yet. I don't really know if this makes me an empath/precognitive/whatever, and I'm not really one for meaningless New Age spirituality, but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this before in a tangible way. This might be a silly example, but when I was a kid, I used to get Pokémon card packs sometimes, and I could sense very clearly if inside there would be a super rare card or not (I would provide much more meaningful and illustrative examples, but they concern loved ones). I haven't experienced this in the past few years as I've been on anti-depressants, and my inner state is less anxiously attuned to outside factors as such (I think), but lately I've been questioning my type as this seems to be something much more stereotypically associated with Ni than Ne. Do any of you all have experience with this? Would this just mean I'm an IEI or some other type in denial instead?
    All I can say is that this is an Ni process - I don't really know you beyond that to say whether it means you're not Delta or whatever.

  12. #12
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    IEE-Ne5w4/8w9/2 SPSX
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    Yeah, I actually did (not specifically with the death though, afaik). That's part of why I hesitated with posting it, cause everyone gets deja vu sometimes; I'm generally suspicious of claims like this myself haha. But I would almost always tell either a friend, sibling, or parent that I felt something was up, so I know it was something that would happen, even if they were all just coincidences. Of course it's possible that how I expressed what I internally felt was impacted by their emotional states and whatnot. But my mom, being an EIE, would almost always put on a cheerful face for a little bit when asking me how my day was, so I don't know. With my siblings though, whenever we opened Pokémon card packs, I would tell them if I felt that there would be a really rare card inside--the most distinct vibe I ever got from one was prior to opening one containing a card worth $75. I don't know your age/where you live, so I'm really sorry if that's not culturally relevant, but it was all the rage with 10 year olds at the time so I hope it's okay
    I thought a bit about your experience. Just to make this one clear: Feeling is not knowing. Knowing that something would happen includes knowing what the probability of a rare card in a pokemon deck is or the fact that your relative was in bad shape/engaged in risky behaviour that could lead to an accident or death, for example. Yet you didn't give any of those informations when describing your experience, so I'll be bold and say you didn't know anything, in the strict sense of the word.

    It's probably the strong emotions(excitation in the case of discovering a rare pokemon card, grief in the case of family death) after the fact that led you to make weird associations and focus on what you did before. Mentally, what you did is replace the question : "How can I know that this would happen?" with "How did I feel like before this happened?". Similar to how we all remember what we did on 9/11 even if we had no connection with what happened in NY. But answering the second question isn't about knowledge, only your mood on that day.

    So it's probably a brain fart
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

    Life is soup. I'm fork


  13. #13
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N™
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    Do any of you all have experience with this?
    sort of. I can think of a few instances, although I don’t know if it’s the same as what you are talking about

    I was at my MIL house once, it was Halloween and the kids were trick or treating. I was watching her husband. He was trying to get up off the floor. He didn’t really seem much different than usual, or no one said anything about his health being any different, but when we left, I turned to my DH and I said, he isn’t going to be alive much longer. He died less than two months later.

    Another time I was out at my FIL walking around his property in the summer. His cousin shower up with his new girlfriend. She was watching his kids. I didn’t talk to her or wasn’t around her that much, but I watched her. And I said to DH, stay away from her, that girl is going to cause problems. There is something about her that bothers me. That fall some drama happened in our family and she caused a huge rift between husband and his cousin/uncle involving a dog. I said I told you that girl was trouble

    is this kind of what you mean?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    sort of. I can think of a few instances, although I don’t know if it’s the same as what you are talking about

    I was at my MIL house once, it was Halloween and the kids were trick or treating. I was watching her husband. He was trying to get up off the floor. He didn’t really seem much different than usual, or no one said anything about his health being any different, but when we left, I turned to my DH and I said, he isn’t going to be alive much longer. He died less than two months later.

    Another time I was out at my FIL walking around his property in the summer. His cousin shower up with his new girlfriend. She was watching his kids. I didn’t talk to her or wasn’t around her that much, but I watched her. And I said to DH, stay away from her, that girl is going to cause problems. There is something about her that bothers me. That fall some drama happened in our family and she caused a huge rift between husband and his cousin/uncle involving a dog. I said I told you that girl was trouble

    is this kind of what you mean?
    Yes, that's almost exactly what I mean! I of course don't know the specifics of how your mind works, so there's a chance that it's experienced in a slightly different way, but for all intents and purposes that's it I think. Thanks so much for your input, really appreciate it

  15. #15
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,779
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    So this might come off as a little strange, but I hope you all can bear with me. Going back to when I was a young kid, I have been very attuned to changes in the lives of those around me and been able to tell either when something with strong emotional connotations will happen, or has happened that I don't know of yet. I don't really know if this makes me an empath/precognitive/whatever, and I'm not really one for meaningless New Age spirituality, but I was curious if anyone else has experienced this before in a tangible way. This might be a silly example, but when I was a kid, I used to get Pokémon card packs sometimes, and I could sense very clearly if inside there would be a super rare card or not (I would provide much more meaningful and illustrative examples, but they concern loved ones). I haven't experienced this in the past few years as I've been on anti-depressants, and my inner state is less anxiously attuned to outside factors as such (I think), but lately I've been questioning my type as this seems to be something much more stereotypically associated with Ni than Ne. Do any of you all have experience with this? Would this just mean I'm an IEI or some other type in denial instead?
    Let me put another question before you first: have you adequately falsified your perceptions and ruled out conformation bias? If so, then this whole thing of yours doesn't sound Delta to me at all. Deltas, and especially IEEs and EIIs, when they go into a sort of spiritual/idiosyncratic mode, their experiences are more focused on getting the underlying significances and meanings of their experiences, and not on causal effects. Think 'magic realism', e.g. some of the dreamstate scenes in Haruki Murakami's (SLI) books.

    Atuona
    The narrow winding road –uphill- to the cemetery of Atuona is quite a challenge for a flatlander like me. 15 minutes earlier I walked out of the airconditioned bank building and was punched in the face by a crushing heat at 100 percent humidity. But I had to get up there, this was the chance of a lifetime . It is a small cemetery, messy, like is to be expected of a small village on an island in the South Pacific. Hardly any structure or order. It’s almost like they said “just drop him over here” before starting to dig. Many graves with a simple cross, not that many with a tombstone.

    It was as a student that I first got acquainted with the music of Jacques Brel; a roommate played it to us. It was quite the kind of music that fitted our lifestyle, which was, at the time, quite burgundy: extensive cooking each evening, dinners lasted for hours, we philosophized about almost everything, often till late at night or even early in the morning. Brel’s music always instilled a feeling of pain in me. A pain caused by the realization that that which should have been, can never be reached.

    Long ago I had a dream about an imaginary covered shopping street somewhere in De Pijp neighborhood, a side street of Albert Cuyp or running parallel to it. Somewhere you have to turn the corner and then you are there, but it is easy to pass it by unnoticed. A street too, that few have discovered, but where you feel you are so very much at ease that you find inner peace.

    I had that dream only once, since then I have dreamt many times that I went looking for that street, but always in vain. Until last week. I was walking about town with another blogger and accidentally ran into the street. But she didn’t experience the street the way I did, she had other troubles on her mind, busy and preoccupied as she always is. Still, it can not be a coincidence that I have found the street again with her. I have been pondering for over a week now what this dream means. And if I will be able to find the street again without her. That kind of pain: the fear –the knowledge?- of never finding my destination. The pain of being out-of-sync with other people.

    Brel’s grave does have a tombstone. A few people have left a memory here, but it is not a grave like that of Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix. This island is too far off the beaten path, it is too difficult to get here. It’s also way too hot; at such moments you’d rather retreat into yourself, in the cold, wearing a warm coat and a shawl around your neck, blowing your nose. It is, however, quiet, and that helps thinking over things about yourself. Brel lived for a few years on this island. Did he find the peace he was looking for? Acquiescence, perhaps? And who were the loved ones he left behind? Do they come all the way to Atuona for consolation? Ne me quitte pas.

    We do not want to be abandoned, but almost carelessly we do it ourselves and leave those that love us behind. Looking for Atuona…

    Last edited by consentingadult; 01-10-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

  16. #16
    Aushrafarian Chin Diaper 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Posts
    6,216
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

    I was at my MIL house once, it was Halloween and the kids were trick or treating. I was watching her husband. He was trying to get up off the floor. He didn’t really seem much different than usual, or no one said anything about his health being any different, but when we left, I turned to my DH and I said, he isn’t going to be alive much longer. He died less than two months later.
    Reason for his death? Anyway this sort of stuff should get easier once you know a person and see something out of ordinary that has only certain sort of explanation. You see it is like you are rolling a dice each moment and once risk is there it has more weight and will come out sooner than later. It is weird how little people spot stuff like this. Another explanation is that they notice but are too afraid for embarrassment.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  17. #17
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N™
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Zaniac 007 View Post
    Reason for his death? Anyway this sort of stuff should get easier once you know a person and see something out of ordinary that has only certain sort of explanation. You see it is like you are rolling a dice each moment and once risk is there it has more weight and will come out sooner than later. It is weird how little people spot stuff like this. Another explanation is that they notice but are too afraid for embarrassment.
    Oh yes, should have included that


    He actually had a heart attack putting up Christmas lights outside. Guy was obsessed with Christmas and decorated for it like a manic ESE grandma. Never seen anything like it in my life. I imagine the lights (as many as he had) was a lot of strain. It’s a pretty sad way to go, or a happy way, (I guess you could look at it both ways) given his enthusiasm for the holiday. Ironic, anyway.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  18. #18
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,155
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The best I've gotten is being able to predict what someone was going to say half a second before they said it with a non-standard greeting.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    ENTj-Ni 7w6sx/so731
    Posts
    2,063
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster
    Originally Posted by aster View Post
    sort of. I can think of a few instances, although I don’t know if it’s the same as what you are talking about

    I was at my MIL house once, it was Halloween and the kids were trick or treating. I was watching her husband. He was trying to get up off the floor. He didn’t really seem much different than usual, or no one said anything about his health being any different, but when we left, I turned to my DH and I said, he isn’t going to be alive much longer. He died less than two months later.

    Another time I was out at my FIL walking around his property in the summer. His cousin shower up with his new girlfriend. She was watching his kids. I didn’t talk to her or wasn’t around her that much, but I watched her. And I said to DH, stay away from her, that girl is going to cause problems. There is something about her that bothers me. That fall some drama happened in our family and she caused a huge rift between husband and his cousin/uncle involving a dog. I said I told you that girl was trouble

    is this kind of what you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunburst View Post
    Yes, that's almost exactly what I mean! I of course don't know the specifics of how your mind works, so there's a chance that it's experienced in a slightly different way, but for all intents and purposes that's it I think. Thanks so much for your input, really appreciate it
    These examples both included actual observation of data which the intuition could then process. The original post might have been giving bad examples but trying to talk about THESE kinds of examples. I bet that all intuitives, and maybe to some or the same degree all humans, can do what aster describes about seeing and getting some info, and EVEN when doing that process, the person can still get a generally useful sense of caution or confusion that it turns out didn't apply to the case at hand, and that's just our brains trying to protect us and is okay. It's how we handle decisions that matters. Some intuitions, just like some sensory intake, can be incorrect. Some people see optical illusions, like a shadow that looks exactly like an animal but is just a shadow.(misperception based on sensory input).
    So what aster describes seems like intuition.And I bet sunburst means this about their own experiences. And sunburst might be wondering about some of the stuff below, too:


    Then there are the separate situations that humans frequently mistake for intuition or KNOWING that are magical thinking...like that just because they had a shit day (which happens like what, how often? even when NONE of our relatives die) that when you find out later this person you love died, and your brain is feeling a now whole OTHER reason to feel emotionally upset...well your brain remembers you love this person dearly and wonders if there's a pattern. Then you kind of feel weird about it but wonder if somehow you might have picked up on it. Unless there was observational data (like as one example, say the person didn't call you that week and always does, and you felt sad about missing the chat) you wouldnt have data to HAVE an intuition from.But the intuition could have just been a sense that so and so is possibly not feeling well enough to call BUT another intuition could be they are very busy. NEITHER would indicated DEATH on its own.

    Intuitives swim through reality and notice the waves of the 'water' around them instead of noticing as much the molecules of the water. But that doesn't mean we can feel waves without any 'water.' Intuition is a perception of a pattern. You cannot have a perception of a pattern if you aren't perceiving a situation with the object in question somehow in your view.


    Synchronicity is a great NON-MAGICAL word. Ppl keep incorrectly thinking it's a sign of predetermination or magic or that their magical thinking is a special power that defies logic. It's not. It points out that events can happen that feel like a pattern to us but where one thing and another thing aren't causing each other but are both child events resulting from a single parent event. If you show up sad one day to your house, and your loved one dies the same day, people can wonder if your loved one dying MADE you sad somehow. But the fact that you are both human (with the ability to feel emotions and the ability to die) is the event that links the two items. Your sadness and your relative dying are SYNCHRONOUS, (occuring at same time), but one is NOT causing the other. But it doesn't mean there is no connection between ppl. We still love. We still share experiences and come to similar viewpoints sometimes, etc.

    It's the same as when you show up wearing a blue collared shirt from Store Z to a date, and your date is wearing the same shirt. You choosing it didn't make them buy it and wear it. But you BOTH live in town with only a few stores and the blue shirt was the newest, least shitty shirt the Store Z staff put out. Sure there were a lot of other options, but the odds were actually pretty good that a LOT of people living in your town bought that blue shirt, and because a date is when people try to look fancy, you both wear your new shirts. (in this case, TWO CAUSAL EVENTS up the odds for you both wearing the shirt). It feels like kismet or something, but a lot has to do with factors around you.



    And that truth doesn't make the world less beautiful, how could it? There is still room for love, beauty, mystery, and kindness.
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    ENTj-Ni 7w6sx/so731
    Posts
    2,063
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    also, how many cases were that that you had a Pokemon deck? 40? 10? 4000?

    How many of the rare cards did the manufacturers really put out there? was the distribution to your area and your specific source affected by some factors?


    If you do the math, oftentimes what seemed like impossible odds that a rare card would be in a deck turn out to not be that impossible.


    Guesses without intuition and guesses with actual intuition behind them can both match the result or not match it.
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    These examples both included actual observation of data which the intuition could then process. The original post might have been giving bad examples but trying to talk about THESE kinds of examples. I bet that all intuitives, and maybe to some or the same degree all humans, can do what aster describes about seeing and getting some info, and EVEN when doing that process, the person can still get a generally useful sense of caution or confusion that it turns out didn't apply to the case at hand, and that's just our brains trying to protect us and is okay. It's how we handle decisions that matters. Some intuitions, just like some sensory intake, can be incorrect. Some people see optical illusions, like a shadow that looks exactly like an animal but is just a shadow.(misperception based on sensory input).
    So what aster describes seems like intuition.And I bet sunburst means this about their own experiences. And sunburst might be wondering about some of the stuff below, too:


    Then there are the separate situations that humans frequently mistake for intuition or KNOWING that are magical thinking...like that just because they had a shit day (which happens like what, how often? even when NONE of our relatives die) that when you find out later this person you love died, and your brain is feeling a now whole OTHER reason to feel emotionally upset...well your brain remembers you love this person dearly and wonders if there's a pattern. Then you kind of feel weird about it but wonder if somehow you might have picked up on it. Unless there was observational data (like as one example, say the person didn't call you that week and always does, and you felt sad about missing the chat) you wouldnt have data to HAVE an intuition from.But the intuition could have just been a sense that so and so is possibly not feeling well enough to call BUT another intuition could be they are very busy. NEITHER would indicated DEATH on its own.

    Intuitives swim through reality and notice the waves of the 'water' around them instead of noticing as much the molecules of the water. But that doesn't mean we can feel waves without any 'water.' Intuition is a perception of a pattern. You cannot have a perception of a pattern if you aren't perceiving a situation with the object in question somehow in your view.


    Synchronicity is a great NON-MAGICAL word. Ppl keep incorrectly thinking it's a sign of predetermination or magic or that their magical thinking is a special power that defies logic. It's not. It points out that events can happen that feel like a pattern to us but where one thing and another thing aren't causing each other but are both child events resulting from a single parent event. If you show up sad one day to your house, and your loved one dies the same day, people can wonder if your loved one dying MADE you sad somehow. But the fact that you are both human (with the ability to feel emotions and the ability to die) is the event that links the two items. Your sadness and your relative dying are SYNCHRONOUS, (occuring at same time), but one is NOT causing the other. But it doesn't mean there is no connection between ppl. We still love. We still share experiences and come to similar viewpoints sometimes, etc.

    It's the same as when you show up wearing a blue collared shirt from Store Z to a date, and your date is wearing the same shirt. You choosing it didn't make them buy it and wear it. But you BOTH live in town with only a few stores and the blue shirt was the newest, least shitty shirt the Store Z staff put out. Sure there were a lot of other options, but the odds were actually pretty good that a LOT of people living in your town bought that blue shirt, and because a date is when people try to look fancy, you both wear your new shirts. (in this case, TWO CAUSAL EVENTS up the odds for you both wearing the shirt). It feels like kismet or something, but a lot has to do with factors around you.



    And that truth doesn't make the world less beautiful, how could it? There is still room for love, beauty, mystery, and kindness.
    Yes, you described that wonderfully, thank you so much. I agree with everything you said. I came to the realization the other day that any signification I got from this feeling of synchronicity was a result of my mom's perception of events that would unfold, and her inferior Ti working with her Ni to look for patterns and try to find meaning in them. That doesn't mean that we don't all do this, but rather that for certain types, it would manifest in different ways. And that doesn't mean that these occurrences of synchronicity can't still be beautiful/interesting in their own right sometimes, but rather that they are devoid of any inherent meaning in and of themselves. Much like life, we prescribe meaning to them because it tends to make more sense than the opposite case, providing an untruth that is more comforting than reality.

  22. #22
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What I experience is knowledge about a person even when I have just met them.. A sense of their psychological pain, and the kind of pain, a sense of the kind of wounds they have. I see a lot about them (sometimes more than others) personally, including their personality and preferences which is how I can often quickly guess their type, and as soon as a type "comes" to me (because I don't like to sit and analyze them, I like to just "be" with them, fully present, and the type will come to me without my seeking it) I quickly I find more things that I notice that back that up, and that gives me more information about them. Sometimes too much information!
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  23. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,229
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I thought a bit about your experience. Just to make this one clear: Feeling is not knowing. Knowing that something would happen includes knowing what the probability of a rare card in a pokemon deck is or the fact that your relative was in bad shape/engaged in risky behaviour that could lead to an accident or death, for example. Yet you didn't give any of those informations when describing your experience, so I'll be bold and say you didn't know anything, in the strict sense of the word.

    It's probably the strong emotions(excitation in the case of discovering a rare pokemon card, grief in the case of family death) after the fact that led you to make weird associations and focus on what you did before. Mentally, what you did is replace the question : "How can I know that this would happen?" with "How did I feel like before this happened?". Similar to how we all remember what we did on 9/11 even if we had no connection with what happened in NY. But answering the second question isn't about knowledge, only your mood on that day.

    So it's probably a brain fart
    no.

    politely, hard no.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    11,686
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol I'm not sure being able to guess getting super rare cards in Pokemon is all that impressive- cuz I'm pretty sure there was a good 80 (probably higher)% chance or so that you would get at least one super rare card as a Te + Fe role business tactic to dupe you into buying even more cards. "Ooh it's pretty and it sparkles. Can I have some more Mommy."

    Sorry that came out kinda Means Girls-ish. I like Pokemon and other 'IEI loser things' too, of course. But the old school ones I haven't gotten into it in ageeees.

    Uhhh I forgot the technical terms cuz I'm not a logical type, but everybody is psychic in the sense that the brain is really good at recognizing patterns and stuff. Think about it, it's why you aren't going 'insane' right now and the "real world" is always kind of dry, boring and repetitive. If your brain wasn't constantly figuring out the most likely thing that was going to happen and doing this consistently - it would shock your system too much and cause all sorts of absurdity. Not a fun cartoonish Pokemon kind of "absurdity" but a really grimdark/serious one that would quite literally drive you mad and cause heart attacks. Just makes sense to me. So a lot of it is just a natural part of being human. You can certainly develop this side more than others tho- and might have a more 'natural' gift to it- the way some people are writers or athletes or whatever.

    Oh and you just helped remind me of why gaslighting others is so abusive and harmful. (OPRAH, GASLIGHTING AND GAYS - what Band likes to talk about the most. =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •