TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps and psychological distance

Subject

for the ENTp's out there, what is your experience?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is fear of rejection basically, you do not want to get close to a person yet you do not want to be so far away from them either.

It comes off as arrogant to those who do not understand it is a superego thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL, I'm not sure if the "Hint hint" was @ myself, but if I am an ENFp I am a miserable failure at it, if I am an ENTp I am definitely a really well developed one in the relationship sense.

But, do you think I am ENFp, transigent? i'd be interested to hear this if you do. We can chat it up a bit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually seemed more directed towards RMC...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Oh, I have no idea what you are WW, but I am having some trouble accepting that you are ENTp (or RMC is ENTp or DiscoStu ENTp).....
    In many ways I actually have more in common with ENFj, and I have had doubts myself about being ENTp. But, I stay with ENTp for the simple fact that I do not feel accepted by others and I have always been considered odd in a very smart and diffrent way.

However, there was a time in my life where my main motivation was to become rich and to create a comfortable lifestyle for myself and other, yet it stemmed from an insecurity from not feeling accepted and I though being rich would help me to become accepted.

Maybe that actually signals as my agenda, but I am really weak in the functions and very strong in the . I suppose I could have both and as an agenda.

So, I am actually a mixture between ENTp and ENFj ...

Take a look at the results of one of the the functional analysis I derived from my own test. I feel it is rather accurate personally [except for ENTj, not sure why I scored for that that time around.]

then compare to my chart ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I also admit that what I initially said about why it seems that ENTps show interest in people and then act like they do not even know them later is due to a problem with acceptance and the superego might be closer to the way that a feeler possibly xSFp or xNFj would react.

However, I do not think ENTps could be immune to that if they use extraverted feeling as an agenda. Except maybe that they lack , but I apparently have an incredible lot of and ...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think ENTPs may pay qiuet a bit of attention to feeling. Transigeant remember that your type is not about what you value or pay attention to, but its about where your locus of control is centered. You have all four functions at a conscious level, so I dont see why a person of a certain type would not use all four of them in a way thats visible to others. In socionics, "weak" in terms of functions is not unconscious, it means a person perceives a lack of control over the aspect of reality pertaining to it, regardless of the degree of conscioussness one has of it.

So I dont see why ENTPs would not come off as feeling types sometimes, I had a hard time deciding if I was F or T because both seemed so conscious to me and my entourage.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Cheerio

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew - not logged in

However, there was a time in my life where my main motivation was to become rich and to create a comfortable lifestyle for myself and other, yet it stemmed from an insecurity from not feeling accepted and I though being rich would help me to become accepted.

Maybe that actually signals as my agenda,
    I think it signals as your role. A person may have a hard time distinguishing between their third and sixth function. The third function is more like a conscious mask that takes the beating to protect the sixth fnctionn which actually fullfills a similar role, but is weaker and thus needs shelter.

Have you ever thought you could be ENFP if you are not ENTP? Because wanting to fullfill like you said, in order to mask insecurity would seem to me ENTPish, but it could be ENFPish I guess.

Now Im just throwing this around. Its not official or anything. :wink:

PS: Jimbean youre welcome :wink:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio

Maybe that actually signals as my agenda,
    I think it signals as your role. A person may have a hard time distinguishing between their third and sixth function. The third function is more like a conscious mask that takes the beating to protect the sixth fnctionn which actually fullfills a similar role, but is weaker and thus needs shelter.

Have you ever thought you could be ENFP if you are not ENTP? Because wanting to fullfill like you said, in order to mask insecurity would seem to me ENTPish, but it could be ENFPish I guess.

Now Im just throwing this around. Its not official or anything. :wink:

PS: Jimbean youre welcome :wink:
    Yes, the only possible types for me are ENTp, ENFj, and ENFp ... except that I am more likely to be ENFj or ENTp than I am to be ENFp, because my stepfather is ENFp and we have a comparative relationship.

I expressed alot of my doubts in a previous thread.
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=673

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok how do you know you have a comparitve relationship? And if you do know, what makes you think youre ENFJ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Ok how do you know you have a comparitve relationship? And if you do know, what makes you think youre ENFJ?
    I know that the relationship is comparative because it is the only one that seems to fit what relationship have together.

Although, I am still not totally sure he is an ENFp ... my mother and him have a mirror relationship, and I can sware up and down she is INFj and I even type her as that.

BUT, when I asked my other to take an earlier prototype of my typology test, she actually came out as an ISFp ... the only problem is that she acts like my supervisor; that means that my stepfather could be ESFj is she is really ISFp ....

So, it is either I am ENTp and my stepfather is ENFp and my mother is INFj ... or I am ENFj and my other is ISFp and my stepfather is ESFj ...

That is the way it looks right now anyhow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some ENTp`s can emulate using . They can learn from as well.

It is true that many peoples think that they are ENTp but they are not... These are ENFp`s

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not asked my step-father to take the typology test quite yet, but some day I will have him take it and see how he comes out. He is not very patient, which is why I have neglected to ask him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    BUT, when I asked my other to take an earlier prototype of my typology test, she actually came out as an ISFp ... the only problem is that she acts like my supervisor; that means that my stepfather could be ESFj is she is really ISFp ....
    But IS she ISFp at heart!?

I would assume that she would have to kind of "develop" some traits of S (for instance) if she had intuitive children.

See if she notices details, and has her apperance in order. See if she applies "S"-ness to HERSELF and not just her kids.

Or does she make predictions, and talk about people's potential and real motives (N)?

For instance, ANY mother will check to see if her kids have eaten and are healthy (S traits), even if she is an intuitive by heart.

Oh, and double, triple and quadruple check the socionics.com VI page. All of the celebrities may not be correct, but there was a REASON that they were placed under a type. (Even if a celebrity is typed wrong on that site, this does not take away from the fact that they LOOK like many of that same type.)

-----------

And aren't all mothers "supervisors" in a way?

The thing to tell is if she just PISSES YOU OFF to no end every once in a while, and you become nervous and feel smothered and watched sometimes (even though you love her to death.)

Well, I actually get along with my mother. But she picks on my weaknesses alot and picks on the fact that I have a low developed and ... She has actually told me that it is a wonder that I would ever be able to keep a job because of my low and . She tries to make the house ordered constantly and tries to moderate what I do to a reasonable degree, but with more flexibility than my ISTj father and she values my individuality more than my father.

Now, my father does piss me off to no end and he does it intentionally the way he treats me. He also seems to pick on my and and has told me that it is a wonder I have not ever killed myself or cut my hand off, and it worries him I might do that some day. He has no regard for me or what I own and thinks he literally he owns me if I live in his house. He is a total asshole, and that is not even the best way to explain it.

So the answer is no, I get along with my mother, can lice with her, and I do not always get pissed off with her. She has gotten pissed off with me, though.

My father pisses me off royally, I can not stand to be around him hardly.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do my best to keep an appropriate distance between myself and others because I'm not a very good judge of boundaries. I end up getting too close to people and then it gets messy, especially since I generally prefer the company of men. I fear hurting people (though I now realize that usually they choose to hurt themselves).

Much of it has to do with just feeling uncomfortable saying (or even showing), "Hey, I like you. We should hang out." I don't know why I have a hard time being friends with people. I think some of it has to do with my being a terrible gardener... you just can't ignore plants for six months and assume everything will be okay... friends are even more work than plants are! I also fear obligation. Actually, I very, very much dislike obligation.

Another aspect of it is my fluxuating social moods. There are times (a lot of times) when I just don't have the energy to talk to some one. I know I'm supposed to return the call, but I do not have the mental energy to be social at the moment. It can wait a few hours/days. Unfortunately, I have NO SENSE OF TIME what so ever, so it ends up being considerably longer...

And I think a lot of the issue has to do with my emotional maturity. I am much more emotionally mature than most in many ways, and I have quite a bit of perspective on most emotional isses. I also have a great sense for what's beneath the surface. As a result, I appear cold, much like an INFJ. The fact is that I feel the pain others feel, I just understand that it needs to be there. Many times I am so in tune to the big picture that I lack the socially appropriate responses to people's words and actions. I think they mistake my poker face for not caring. While I am detatched, I do care. It's just hard to make people understand my perspective (perspectives).

Also, I have learned not to protect people from natural consquences. I could write for hours on that.... Anyways, it makes me seem cold when I won't help some one who got themselves into a mess. I always give them guidance though. "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life."

Grrrrr..... I gotta go to bed.... I hate going to bed.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am absolutly terrible with showing positive emotions. When I apprciate something, I don't show it. Otherwise I can get too close, so between that and being serious, I remain serious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly what I mean! I have a terrible time distinguishing appropriate boundaries. The thing that I do wrong is give people too much attention and empathy. They get too attached. Or they see me as some sort of hero, which totally sucks because when I can no longer fill that role I end up becoming the villian... I feel a new thread coming on...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    That's exactly what I mean! I have a terrible time distinguishing appropriate boundaries. The thing that I do wrong is give people too much attention and empathy. They get too attached. Or they see me as some sort of hero, which totally sucks because when I can no longer fill that role I end up becoming the villian... I feel a new thread coming on...

you know, that would be great if we can solve that problem via socionics, figure out a way to build up more of .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy

you know, that would be great if we can solve that problem via socionics, figure out a way to build up more of .
    Yesss! I'd pay money if we could figure out a way for that!
    Entp
    ILE