Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type Me (w/ Video)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Me (w/ Video)

deleted
    Last edited by jpbow1; 12-31-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I took this at face value, which I did, I would type you as EII (INFj in socionics).

Your top two informational elements (IE) are Fi and Ne

You absolutely ooze Fi sentimentality. Maybe IEE (ENFp), but I strongly lean towards you being EII.

But typing oneself is always recommended.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ikisocion_home

I think after looking at Information Elements, Functions, and Model A it is best to look at small groups.

I’m also partial to this test:
    https://www.sociotype.com/tests/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

extravert
    closer to F, N
    mb ENFJ

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm certain of F>T and non-gamma. I can kinda see Beta NF of Fe subtype from VI alone but too many answers suggest Si valuing to seriously consider this option. About EII... unusually lively eyes for this type but maybe it could be explained by subtypes, I think of C-EII-Ne. IEE or some sort of introspective Alpha SF also possible. Fe>Fi in language (word choice), Fi>Fe in your attitude to things but take it with a grain of salt as it's hard to be sure about it just from one video.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jpbow1 ESFJ Hugo
    This is the comment you are looking for

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    If I took this at face value, which I did, I would type you as EII (INFj in socionics).

Your top two informational elements (IE) are Fi and Ne

You absolutely ooze Fi sentimentality. Maybe IEE (ENFp), but I strongly lean towards you being EII.

But typing oneself is always recommended.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ikisocion_home

I think after looking at Information Elements, Functions, and Model A it is best to look at small groups.

I’m also partial to this test:
    https://www.sociotype.com/tests/
    Interesting! EII is the type I have considered most, so it is seeming more likely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    I'm certain of F>T and non-gamma. I can kinda see Beta NF of Fe subtype from VI alone but too many answers suggest Si valuing to seriously consider this option. About EII... unusually lively eyes for this type but maybe it could be explained by subtypes, I think of C-EII-Ne. IEE or some sort of introspective Alpha SF also possible. Fe>Fi in language (word choice), Fi>Fe in your attitude to things but take it with a grain of salt as it's hard to be sure about it just from one video.
    That is really interesting! When considering EII, I have always strongly related to Ne subtype more than anything else! Also, I am an enneagram 6, which I think is associated with darting, active eyes as well.

Out of curiosity, did you look at the text questionnaire I attached? I wonder if that could be of more use.

Thank you so much for your detailed response!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...

Themes: Feeling for humanity
    Non verbals: cautious / concerned

I see Fe:
    --hesitant to tell people certain things because it'll effect how they see you
    --fearing how people view you
    --reaching out but being afraid of being clingy
    --expressing yourself differently depending on the situation (home vs friends)
    --verbally and emotionally expressive
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 12-28-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Have you tried to put ESE enthusiast pants on? If so does it fit?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Zaniac 007 View Post
    Have you tried to put ESE enthusiast pants on? If so does it fit?
    I have looked into ESE! But I don’t think it fits! Especially PolR Ni.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    Fe>Fi in language (word choice), Fi>Fe in your attitude to things but take it with a grain of salt as it's hard to be sure about it just from one video.
    Hmm, I agree with this

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jpbow1 View Post
    EII is the type I have considered most, so it is seeming more likely.
    Your type is extraverted. And not base Fi.
    EII is close to my main version, what is an argument for it. The other said here ESE is close to EIE too, and farther from EII than EIE.

Use IR theory to understand better your types values. IR test may help too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Your type is extraverted. And not base Fi.
    EII is close to my main version, what is an argument for it. The other said here ESE is close to EIE too, and farther from EII than EIE.

Use IR theory to understand better your types values. IR test may help too.
    I somehow missed your reply! What is your reasoning for EIE? It is certainly a possibility!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To @jpbow1- what makes you *more* uncomfortable;

The idea of sacrificing your needs for others or imposing your views on people

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Maybe IEI-C or H.
    Interesting! Out of curiosity, what is your reasoning?

I think I am now between IEI and EIE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    To @jpbow1- what makes you *more* uncomfortable;

The idea of sacrificing your needs for others or imposing your views on people
    Ooh, that’s difficult! Probably imposing my views on people.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, that’s difficult! Probably imposing my views on people.
    hmm and could you share your thought process? you did say (previously) that if people didn't wear masks you'd send them evidence to warn them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm and could you share your thought process? you did say (previously) that if people didn't wear masks you'd send them evidence to warn them
    In that case, I’m not sure! With the mask thing, I just become appalled by the selfishness of people and do not understand why people refuse to wear one. However, I am extremely conflict avoidant and I would NEVER directly confront someone about it if I don’t know them well. However, if someone I’m close to says something I strongly disagree with, I will explain why I feel like they might be incorrect.

I am conflict avoidant, and I have often stayed in toxic friendships and relationships far too long. I worry about hurting people’s feelings as I am very sensitive and project my emotional sensitivity onto others. However, I occasionally like watching drama from afar.

I wouldn’t say I particularly love giving up my needs for others, but I often do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently recalled an example of when my empathy went into overdrive when I was a kid. I saw a flyer for a fundraiser for a girl with severe disabilities to be able to go to a camp which she desperately wanted to go to. When I saw the flyer, the camp had already happened and my heart broke worrying that she didn’t go to camp. I cried for a day about it and eventually had my parents track down her family’s contact info to make sure she went to camp. I couldn’t handle the thought of her being sad.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case, I’m not sure! With the mask thing, I just become appalled by the selfishness of people and do not understand why people refuse to wear one. However, I am extremely conflict avoidant and I would NEVER directly confront someone about it if I don’t know them well. However, if someone I’m close to says something I strongly disagree with, I will explain why I feel like they might be incorrect.

I am conflict avoidant, and I have often stayed in toxic friendships and relationships far too long. I worry about hurting people’s feelings as I am very sensitive and project my emotional sensitivity onto others. However, I occasionally like watching drama from afar.

I wouldn’t say I particularly love giving up my needs for others, but I often do.
    Sorry if I'm coming off as instigating, just want to dig deeper lol

Let's say you're teaching a class of little kids and you notice they're very quiet; how would you interpret this and how would you handle this

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I'm coming off as instigating, just want to dig deeper lol

Let's say you're teaching a class of little kids and you notice they're very quiet; how would you interpret this and how would you handle this
    I am not very good at teaching, especially little children, haha. I would honestly feel quite uncomfortable in that situation, but I would probably try to bring up something they might be interested in in order to, at least temporarily, engage them.

If I am the only adult with them, I would interpret their silence as either boredom or shyness, and I would relate to them, as I often was quiet in such settings.

Don’t apologize for instigating! I appreciate the help so much!

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...

Themes: Feeling for humanity
    Non verbals: cautious / concerned

I see Fe:
    --hesitant to tell people certain things because it'll effect how they see you
    --fearing how people view you
    --reaching out but being afraid of being clingy
    --expressing yourself differently depending on the situation (home vs friends)
    --verbally and emotionally expressive
    I think that could better be explained by the anxiety rather than Fe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting! I am reading about beta NFs having an inclination towards hypochondria due to lack of Si and the tendency to catastrophize. I’m definitely thinking Beta NF, but not sure between IEI and EIE. @peteronfireee I’m also curious about what the teacher question demonstrates.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, maybe people are right about you being Fe ego, though I’m not 100% convinced.

Are you usually as lively as you were in the video? Sometimes people put on a show to express themselves, sometimes especially if influenced by anxiety. Please don’t feel called out or anything you did great, I am just trying to consider how the anxiety you mentioned might play a role here.

What are you more attuned to?:
    Sentiments/personal bonds or Excitement/moodiness

What implications do you primarily notice in the actions of others?:
    Moralistic - (“That wasn’t nice! / That was the right thing to do! And now my emotions are affected!”)
    or
    Emotion - (“She did it because she was angry/sad! Now I am angry/sad!”)

I guess a good way to differentiate Fi and Fe might be this:

Fi sees things as having their own emotive/moral values and evaluates whether those values are “on the same page as everything else/me” or not.

Fe sees the world as a big emotional soup in the process of being cooked. Each ingredient is metaphorically an emotional property and Fe simmers and receives all the new ingredients as they are added and “cook together”.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A *possible* explanation

1. I think people are are confused a little bit because your written answers say one thing (Fe), but then when they see the video, you may "appear Fi".

But, as @asd mentioned, I think you are using Fe, which is relational in nature; you are essentially "putting on a hat" from your environment; in this case perhaps your Fi-lead friends, the COVID atmosphere, whatever, so you're "coming off" like an Fi-lead.

Afterall, Fe is good at putting on "many different hats" and is very adaptive. They're very good at calibrating to the environment and emulating pecularities.

So depending on your environment; you may express sensitivity or strength, passivity or aggression, etc.

2. I also think you might be an Fe-lead perhaps because you are very image-conscious, like you're almost steering an image in a certain direction.

You do this by giving disclaimers:

2:11
    Edit: rewatched video and NO IDEA why I said I was blunt sometimes. Never.
    2:17; "I usually sugarcoat things, I'm pretty harmonious"

2:29; "Not all the time" (on being OCD and anxious)

2:58; "I'll tell them as long as it won't hurt their feelings"

@DeliMeat he may appear unlively because the "lively" mask may be inappropriate

I think it'd be more straight forward with an Fi-lead

These are my thoughts for now

Interesting! I am reading about beta NFs having an inclination towards hypochondria due to lack of Si and the tendency to catastrophize. I’m definitely thinking Beta NF, but not sure between IEI and EIE. @peteronfireee I’m also curious about what the teacher question demonstrates.
    I wanted to see how you viewed Se. I'm pretty strong with Se, so I'd be like "Hey JIM! What do you think of THIS" lol
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 12-28-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! Thank you so much!

I am generally decently lively, except when I’m very drained. I can sometimes come across as very serious but I can sometimes be much more lively than I was in the video. I am not sure if in that video, I was necessarily super anxious but I think my anxiety does play a role in seeming more outgoing overall.

I would say I’m generally pretty moralistic. I judge actions by whether they were the right thing to do or not, as in the mask-wearing situation. I often have a good sense of right and wrong and like I mentioned in the questionnaire, am disappointed when people do not do what is right.

I also understand the aspect of emotional soup. Others’ negative emotions weigh heavily on me, like in a social situation, if I sense someone is upset or bored, I try to engage them as much as possible and make sure they’re ok.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just saw this. Watched 20 seconds. EIE.

BUT, you should know, I'm often wrong.

You have that Jim Morrison thing going.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I think people are are confused a little bit because your written answers say one thing (Fe), but then they are confused when they see the video, you may appear "Fi".

But, as @asd mentioned, I think you are using a lot of Fe, and you are essentially "putting on a hat" from your environment; in this case perhaps your Fi-lead friends, the COVID atmosphere, whatever, so you're "coming off" like an Fi-lead.

Afterall, Fe is good at putting on "many different hats" and is very adaptive and they're very good at calibrating itself to the environment and emulating pecularities.

So it depends on your environment; you may express sensitivity or strength, passivity or strength, etc.

2. I also think you might be an Fe-lead perhaps because you are very image-conscious, like you're almost steering an image in a certain direction

2:11

2:17; "I usually sugarcoat things, I'm pretty harmonious"

2:29; "Not all the time" (on being OCD and anxious)

2:58; "I'll tell them as long as it won't hurt their feelings"

@DeliMeat he may appear unlively because the "lively" mask may be inappropriate

I think it'd be more straight forward with an Fi-lead

These are my thoughts for now

I wanted to see how you viewed Se. I'm pretty strong with Se, so I'd be like "Hey JIM! What do you think of THIS" lol
    That is really interesting! Yes, I am definitely image-conscious in many ways. By Fe-lead do you mean EIE/ESE or EIE/IEI?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Just saw this. Watched 20 seconds. EIE.

BUT, you should know, I'm often wrong.
    Can you explain if you don’t mind?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Can you explain if you don’t mind?
    I just go by VI (visual identification). Sometimes I'm correct about a person's type, and sometimes I'm not. In the first few seconds, your eyes have that visionary Ni look that is a result of creative Ni, and yet you also look like you're not exactly technical, and that you've been hammered a bit by life, which can happen to a lot of feelers who try to express their vision to the people around them and are met with "What the hell are you talking about, get back to doing something useful". If true, I would assume that you're Fe rather than Te. Fe/Ni is EIE.

Do you normally hang back from physical stuff, preferring to watch and analyze from a distance, but you have a story in which you jumped across a river to win for the team? That's Se-HA.

Anyway, this is all guesswork.

Welcome to the madhouse. Er, I mean, forum.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I concede, you are probably delta NF

I should also disclose that I have never tried typing someone like this before so what I have said should probably be taken with a heartier grain of salt.

I have never actually tried V.I. seriously before, but I did V.I. you as EIE pretty much instantly. I just didn’t want to assert what I saw due to feeling unconfident. However, @Adam Strange also seeing that makes me more confident in my V.I. of you.

Now, rather than continue trying to type you I will just dropout here. I hope others can help you come to the right conclusion!

I will still emphasize that an honest and comprehensive reading of socionics literature is the best way to type yourself.

Bye!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, thank you! That is very interesting! So cool that you could see Ni in my eyes haha!

Not sure if I have that kind of story but I think EIE is possible!

I know tests are inaccurate but I generally test as EII, IEI, or EIE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should also disclose that I have never tried typing someone like this before so what I have said should probably be taken with a heartier grain of salt.

I have never actually tried V.I. seriously before, but I did V.I. you as EIE pretty much instantly. I just didn’t want to assert what I saw due to feeling unconfident. However, @Adam Strange also seeing that makes me more confident in my V.I. of you.

Now, rather than continue trying to type you I will just dropout here. I hope others can help you come to the right conclusion!

I will still emphasize that an honest and comprehensive reading of socionics literature is the best way to type yourself.

Bye!!
    Oh, wow! Thank you so much!! I appreciate all of your guys’ help! It has been beyond useful! Super interested in VI now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    What are you really like?
    What do you mean?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye!!
    I don't think you should drop out; your username is Delimeat and you have mushrooms as ur profile pic

+the process is fun
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 12-28-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate all the help so much!
    Last edited by jpbow1; 12-31-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey dude.

ENFp or INFj first impression --> but with more information I'd type you ENFj or INFp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I know tests are inaccurate but I generally test as EII, IEI, or EIE.
    Generally, it's doubtful to say as highly accurate any typers of today. I'm not even sure that tests are much worse than most of them. The both may have ~30-50% as common accuracy.

The traits which are often in tests and from typers as NF - can be thought as rather possible. IR effects - when you'll type people IRL - are especially useful to understand your valued functions.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MB IEE if not ESE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting! EII is the type I have considered most, so it is seeming more likely.
    Spot on. I'd say EII-Ne enneagram 6.

IEE doesn't say stuff like "I don't know if that makes sense", that's normative Ti (role function)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast