Thread: What's your type (according to your relatives, friends, etc)

Hybrid View

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's your type (according to your relatives, friends, etc)

So, if you were typed by one of your relatives or friends, or whoever you have close contact to, what type that would be?

I'll make this experiment with that one of 16 personalities for instance (I know this test isn't very good, but it's the most interesting)

edit: I asked one of my best friends (who knows me for 2 decades now) and I got assertive INTJ (being 50%-50% intro-extro). That's pretty interesting, because that's a type I had never gotten nor considered for myself. Also, it shows how much hard to know I really am.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 12-21-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they all seemed to think I was MBTI INFP going by dichotomies. And enneagram 4 by far when I read them the enneagram descriptions. But it’s possible I’m a 9. Socionics is a little more complicated. I don’t know if any of them understand fit well enough to type me in socionics
    everytime I talk about it with them, their eyes kind of glaze over.... so I quit for the most part. I mean they already think I’m weird, I don’t want to annoy them, too.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> according to your relatives, friends, etc
    strangers passed by, dogs, fishes, trees, random dudes on forums, etc

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    > according to your relatives, friends, etc
    strangers passed by, dogs, fishes, trees, random dudes on forums, etc
    No I'm not friends with them, I'm not you

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've forgot to mention cats. may be asked too

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I've forgot to mention cats. may be asked too
    I will ask my squirrels

they dig in my trash like psychopaths, so I’m assuming they have some creepy in depth knowledge of me
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI INTJ (53% introvert)

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people I know would like to type me intuitive. I have an ILE friend who has heard about Socionics (he knows very little), and he once typed me IEI, because he thinks I am "poetic" and "abstract". My LII friend immediately replied: "No, Tallmo is not Se seeking".

Some Finnish people from the forum I once met said "You seem so IP" and then he typed me ILI.

An ILE from this forum I've met irl typed me SEI.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 12-21-2020 at 04:51 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked around:

Dogs say benevolent ESE monarch
    Fish looked at me all wide-eyed like they always do. Assholes...
    Trees say despotic LIE extorting them for lumber
    Squirrels say feral SLE as they scurried off.
    My chair just called me an ass
    Strangers look at me like I am a martian. You’d think that would be exciting to see, but it’s just awkward...
    Friends said they don’t care about stupid personality theories. Again...

And I have not yet asked forum members, but they probably wouldn’t be able to make up their mind between at least 16 of the types.

Jokes aside, people probably see me as either ILI, LII, or IEI.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

According to my sister I'm introvert because I'm not a socialite. She has strange standards like lively nerd =LII and screwed up nerd= ILI. So go figure... Manipulator of people is intuitive. I don't put much stock on her typings.

I was around one SEI for few days and straight up asked after a test: "Do I seem to be an introvert or an extrovert...?" she just laughed at me and said that I'm an extrovert. Which seemed pretty logical because from day one I was cracking loud jokes around large group of people. (I think this is far better indicator.)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My family members don’t share my interest in Socionics, nor do my friends, so I don’t know how they see me.

I have two younger sisters. The youngest, an LII, once told me that when she was small, she thought that she and I were identical, but then she realized that we are nothing alike. She’s introverted, I’m extroverted, etc.

My middle sister, an LSE, doesn’t seem to believe that people have personalities, or rather that the way they act has a much larger impact than who they are. She doesn’t seem to associate the two.
    She commented only twice on what she saw as being essential traits of mine.
    One, she said that no matter what happened, I always seemed to land on my feet with a profit.
    Two, when we were cleaning out our parents’ house, she ran across a red plastic drinking cup that was part of a set of three; red, blue, and yellow, each of which was assigned to us as children by our mother.
    ”I saved it for you”, she said.
    ”That’s your cup”, I replied. “Mine was blue, yours was red, and Molly’s was yellow. I remember them clearly, because Molly hated having a yellow cup and wanted "my" blue one, but mom said she had to use the yellow one.” I was totally right on this.
    ”Mugh? No, you’re red. You’ve always been red.”

She was wrong about the cups, but she was clear about how she saw me.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 01-01-2021 at 02:47 PM.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got one person I knew IRL to read the EII description for me and they told me it fit me well. Especially the negative parts lol. Then I got them to read the LSE description & they hated it because they said it fit them too well.

asking more people I know IRL to ask how they see me opens me up to the mortifying ordeal of being known so I'd rather not

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I showed my mom an IEI description and she said it was not me. Silly me for ever thinking I was IEI . 1D Ti is probably more fitting than 1D Te.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarPath View Post
    I showed my mom an IEI description and she said it was not me. Silly me for ever thinking I was IEI . 1D Ti is probably more fitting than 1D Te.
    Every female thinks they are IEI when they first encounter personality descriptions. It is the most conventionally feminine type.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Every female thinks they are IEI when they first encounter personality descriptions. It is the most conventionally feminine type.
    A lot of people when they start with Socionics think that they are IEI or ILI. I discovered Socionics through a YouTuber that claimed to be an INFJ in MBTI and an IEI in Socionics. I thought that I was an INFJ in MBTI for a while and a lot of people in MBTI communities say that MBTI types are equal to their types in Socionics. I could see myself a little bit in Te PoLR at times because I would reject factual information in favor of my moral judgments when I am stressed. However, IEIs mainly trust their intuition and imagination above anything else. The tendency to trust moral judgments above all else seems like something an Fi ego would do. Even though IEIs have Fi demonstrative, they are usually not as hyper-focused on personal values and morals as much as ExIs are.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year I gave the sociotype.com test to my family and my partner a couple of times and asked them to answer it for me (If you see my post history, something that clearly stands out is my idea that self-Image can be misleading, and that external sources, who see your behavior from the prism of the facts, can be a much better view of yourself than your own. In this case, it is an interesting experiment to compare both views through tests, especially if the person to whom you ask does not have prior knowledge of typology [My partner is exempt from this, since I talk to her about this subject quite a lot])

The results were:

-Family:
    first try, LIE
    second try, LSE
    third try, ILI

-Partner:
    Gamma NT, either LIE or ILI, and exceptionally LII, after several attempts.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going by ol fashioned adjectives my family describes me as "down-to-earth, serious, introverted, intellectual". Pretty off-the-mark I'd say hahah. My friends describe me as "optimistic, lazy, funny, witty, 'trollish'". Guess they're the only ones I show my true colors to.

The real question is: Which types are most prone to acting true to their type with everyone, and which are two-faced?
    Perhaps Fe types are more prone to "using masks" to make people like them. Sure as hell never met an SLI or ILI that didn't act the same way with everyone. On the other hand I have seen two-facedness in logic types like ILE, SLE and even LII. So it's definitely related to type. I have met ILEs and SLEs other than myself that act weird with their family. Like they're trying to escape the judgement of Fi types haha.