Thread: Isolating Introverted Feeling

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Isolating Introverted Feeling

Would any Fi dominant users be so kind as to help me formulate statements reflective of Fi dominant people (here or through PM)?

This particular element is Introverted, Ethical, Rational, Static, Internal and Involved, so our statements should incorporate these aspects.

For example, would you give a rating of 4/4 with the following statements in application to yourself?

1) The phrase "still waters run deep," best captures my emotional state. There's not much showing on my face, but I feel deeply.

2) I strongly see reality through rigid personal morals and stable interpersonal bonds.

3) My sense of self worth is largely determined by a sense of constancy in personal ethics.

4) I have a strong personal value system that does not waiver. I live to embody these ideals.

5) I'm not good at genuinely reflecting the emotions of others as if they were my own without having experienced them for myself.

6) I absolutely dislike being asked questions about myself that seem cursory or ingenuine on behalf of the person asking me.

Any anecdotal statements that you think reflect (absolutely) all Fi dominant users will work too! I'm looking for at least 10 statements that isolate what it means to see the world through Fi, to BE Fi. Thank you.
    Last edited by cactagon; 12-14-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: italics; style.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by 'dominant'? Fi as lead function (i.e. MBTI dominant), or Fi as ego function?

I myself am Fi creative, and I feel strongly about all the statements you posted.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To ask people what they think about own types traits has a problem of many mistakes in own types. On forums you often have no enough data to be sure in their real types.

To understand what is some of 8 functions - read Jung core definitions of functions and texts of Socionics about same. Then find IRL people with types having that in ego and communicate with them, watch them. Examples of videointerviews may be useful too.
    This is enough.

> Static, Internal and Involved

introverted function is about internal/subjecitive of you and of other people
    forget Reinin's nonsense

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    What do you mean by 'dominant'? Fi as lead function (i.e. MBTI dominant), or Fi as ego function?

I myself am Fi creative, and I feel strongly about all the statements you posted.
    Fi in the leading position in considering Socionics. Fi creative doesn't see the world through Fi since it uses Fi flexibly and their primary mode of perception is Dynamic.

--If you would click "4/4" to those statements then I'm not captivating strongly enough what it means to be Fi, which is why I need help. These statements should be 4/4 only for those with Fi-leading.
    Last edited by cactagon; 12-14-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    To ask people what they think about own types traits has a problem of many mistakes in own types. On forums you often have no enough data to be sure in their real types.

To understand what is some of 8 functions - read Jung core definitions of functions and texts of Socionics about same. Then find IRL people with types having that in ego and communicate with them, watch them. Examples of videointerviews may be useful too.
    This is enough.

> Static, Internal and Involved

introverted function is about internal/subjecitive of you and of other people
    forget Reinin's nonsense
    lol not being rude but this was highly unproductive. I've read Jung. People with doctorates have read Jung. When they have a question does it mean they don't understand? No. I'm interested in an Fi perspective, strictly. It is assumed they know their type. What I mentioned was not Reinin either, but inherent to the functional elements themselves. All elements are characterized by 7 dichotomies. Thank you for trying to be productive, but you neednt refer me to something Im more familiar with than yourself.
    Last edited by cactagon; 12-14-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Is this for a test...? How would you yourself tell if it’s coming from an Fi lead?
    I don’t know how good I will be at isolating Fi, it’s probably going to be colored by Ne some...I don’t think I will be able to help it. And I can provide some descriptions but they are more or less reflected in EII descriptions taken together (or at least I think so; sometimes what’s obvious to me may not be so to others). I can only talk about my view of Fi, and cannot guarantee it stands for other Fi leads perspective but yes I will try to make it as general or standard as possible.
    This is totally acceptable and literally what someone with Fi may say. Its introverted. Its special. Its specific to them. I'd use my intuition tho ;p. It's okay if you can't take away the Ne from the Fi, I'll do that but your feedback is 100% valuable and appreciated.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Opinion from a Ti: One doesn't need to isolate Fi, it does that all by itself. Moralists tend to be the most insular to the feelings of others; yet they're so intently attuned to their own feelings and demand recognition of their feelings from others. Some could be considered emotional vampires.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 12-14-2020 at 09:52 PM. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactagon View Post
    --If you would click "4/4" to those statements then I'm not captivating strongly enough what it means to be Fi, which is why I need help. These statements should be 4/4 only for those with Fi-leading.
    I am 54 years old, and I am no exception to the general pattern of people getting more introvert as they age. The same applies to my balance of Ne and Fi: in recent years, my Ne is slowly taking a lesser priority over other information elements. And many people, whatever their type, become more social, compassionate and empathetic as they age. In my case it means it is increasingly getting easier to prioritize Fi aspects of life over Ne aspects. The same applies to EIIs of my age, who, for the sake of their own humanity and personal development, are capable of giving the Fi some slack in favor of other information elements. Still, I am far from being a 'typical' EII.

However, your point still stands: a real good Socionics test would anticipate all sorts of phenomena influencing or clouding someone's type. I have not seen such a test yet, in whatever form. If you were to pull it off,it would be a great achievement.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 54 years old, and I am no exception to the general pattern of people getting more introvert as they age. The same applies to my balance of Ne and Fi: in recent years, my Ne is slowly taking a lesser priority over other information elements. And many people, whatever their type, become more social, compassionate and empathetic as they age. In my case it means it is increasingly getting easier to prioritize Fi aspects of life over Ne aspects. The same applies to EIIs of my age, who, for the sake of their own humanity and personal development, are capable of giving the Fi some slack in favor of other information elements. Still, I am far from being a 'typical' EII.

However, your point still stands: a real good Socionics test would anticipate all sorts of phenomena influencing or clouding someone's type. I have not seen such a test yet, in whatever form. If you were to pull it off,it would be a great achievement.
    You 54? No fucking way, I thought you were like, 30 or something, for some reason.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PissholeMan View Post
    You 54? No fucking way, I thought you were like, 30 or something, for some reason.
    you should have known by now that IEEs remain forever young.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should have known by now that IEEs remain forever young.

Well, yeah. I'm 24 and I feel like dying tho, but it's good to know i'll remain young looking and shit forever.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Would any Fi dominant users be so kind as to help me formulate statements reflective of Fi dominant people (here or through PM)?

This particular element is Introverted, Ethical, Rational, Static, Internal and Involved, so our statements should incorporate these aspects.

For example, would you give a rating of 4/4 with the following statements in application to yourself?

1) The phrase "still waters run deep," best captures my emotional state. There's not much showing on my face, but I feel deeply.

2) I strongly see reality through rigid personal morals and stable interpersonal bonds.

3) My sense of self worth is largely determined by a sense of constancy in personal ethics.

4) I have a strong personal value system that does not waiver. I live to embody these ideals.

5) I'm not good at genuinely reflecting the emotions of others as if they were my own without having experienced them for myself.

6) I absolutely dislike being asked questions about myself that seem cursory or ingenuine on behalf of the person asking me.

Any anecdotal statements that you think reflect (absolutely) all Fi dominant users will work too! I'm looking for at least 10 statements that isolate what it means to see the world through Fi, to BE Fi. Thank you.
    I may not be -ego, but I'm answering all the same.

In progress:
    1) I'd give that 3\4, because I'm quite introverted and quite opinionated, and I do let those opinions be known from time-to-time. I think I'm quite a neurotic person, but not an especially volatile person.

2) For "philosophical" or perhaps semantical reasons, I don't know how to answer that. I do have "red lines" which in theory, I absolutely refuse to move from in terms of my own behaviour or those I associate with. But I don't consider "morality" to be a meaningful or useful concept. Certainly, when I compare myself to most people, I seem more decisive about such matters - while others tend to seem like they have not given much thought to where they stand.

3) Ideally, I do whatever seems rational to me at the time. So I can't score that.

4) Probably 3/4. I often refer to what I've previously thought about a subject, so I'm not likely to significantly change at any own time.

5) I don't know.

6) Probably 3/4. I don't want someone to treat me like I'm some machine that can be given questions to answer that have not involved much thought or which are poorly defined.

Magical girl (◠‿・)—☆ ShiningLunette's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an Fi ego. EII

Yes. I see myself as very sensitive and Emotionally aware. But not very facially expressive or emotive
    4/4

Kinda. I'm interpreting rigid as fixed rather than black and white. 3/4

Yes 4/4

Definitely 4/4. I'd like to reflect and represent myself through my values.

Ehhh yes and no. But I guess you can say that 3/4
    (Edit: actually rethinking this, I'd say kinda yes)

Superficial interactions annoy me yea but if I value you then I'll accept, tolerate and engage in it if I know you like that.
    Last edited by ShiningLunette; 12-20-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

. Will try to read when toddler lets me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I may not be -ego, but I'm answering all the same.

In progress:
    1) I'd give that 3\4, because I'm quite introverted and quite opinionated, and I do let those opinions be known from time-to-time. I think I'm quite a neurotic person, but not an especially volatile person.

2) For "philosophical" or perhaps semantical reasons, I don't know how to answer that. I do have "red lines" which in theory, I absolutely refuse to move from in terms of my own behaviour or those I associate with. But I don't consider "morality" to be a meaningful or useful concept. Certainly, when I compare myself to most people, I seem more decisive about such matters - while others tend to seem like they have not given much thought to where they stand.

3) Ideally, I do whatever seems rational to me at the time. So I can't score that.

4) Probably 3/4. I often refer to what I've previously thought about a subject, so I'm not likely to significantly change at any own time.

5) I don't know.

6) Probably 3/4. I don't want someone to treat me like I'm some machine that can be given questions to answer that have not involved much thought or which are poorly defined.
    How could some of these questions be rewritten in order for you to score lower and better fit the semantical reasons required?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningLunette View Post
    I'm an Fi ego. EII

Kinda. I'm interpreting rigid as fixed rather than black and white. 3/4

Ehhh yes and no. But I guess you can say that 3/4
    (Edit: actually rethinking this, I'd say kinda yes)

Superficial interactions annoy me yea but if I value you then I'll accept, tolerate and engage in it if I know you like that.
    -If #6 was rewritten to "I absolutely dislike being asked questions about myself that seem cursory," would this confirm a 4/4? Should I add other adjectives other than cursory? Reading @Subteigh , nobody should like something "ingenuine ()."

-Could I add something to #5 that would cement a "definitely," in your mind?

-If #1 was rewritten as "I strongly see reality through personal morals and stable interpersonal bonds that are pretty black and white," would this create a higher score?

Thank you for the feedback, I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

How could some of these questions be rewritten in order for you to score lower and better fit the semantical reasons required?
    The questions are probably fine for most people. I probably wouldn't answer much differently if the questions were different. But yes, I'm wary of questions that would make most people answer in the affirmative.

For 6), I'd probably have some statement about how it isn't easy to talk about personal characteristics with people I don't know very well, and that I don't like intrusive or clumsy questions about myself that seem to not know the first thing about me.

For 5), I don't know how I could know the emotions of someone else if I had not experienced something similar. Maybe the question should be more about being able to sympathise with others, and being able to say the right thing at the right time - I think I am somewhat skilled at that, but I think I can be quite cold and distant and I always worry that I don't have an appropriate expression on my face. For example, there have been times where I thought I had a sad expression on my face, because that was what I felt - quite correctly as it turns out, but I had the suspicion that I was actually expressing a smile rather than a look of horror. So, I worry that I'm not in tune emotionally with others at least externally.