Thread: Constantly confusing superego partners for each other

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Constantly confusing superego partners for each other

Has anyone else noticed a pair of superego partners who look ridiculously similar? I’m talking visually not necessarily just using a lot of the role function.

I’m noticing that when I’m trying to type someone I’m looking at I’m confusing them for superego partner more than look a like.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MB similar reactions and rhythm but I don't think it is confusing in the end if you give a little bit of time.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. I haven't met any superego partners, but generally superego types can look similar
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What do you mean by "look similar"? If you're going by VI, I think it best to ignore facial features, focus more on body langauge and expression, perhaps.

That being said, I haven't heard of any such similarities between supergo partners, though there is a theory which says in some cases a person can look like their conflictor.

Edit: OP says they didn't mean in visual terms. But my points still stand and I will leave them for posterity.

Superego partners are most likely to be confused due to their shared temperaments.
    Last edited by Ave; 12-06-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The way that they move data in, out and around is identical so certain information handling behaviours can seem eerily familiar. However, because a pair may drive identical trucks doesn't imply that they transport similar types of goods. As a matter of fact, the goods tend to be quite different but are rather complementary to one another.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

According to model A it should be evident that a person may bleed to their super ego bock (anyone who claims otherwise has not separated oneself from MBTI). That said it should not be very functional.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    According to model A it should be evident that a person may bleed to their super ego bock (anyone who claims otherwise has not separated oneself from MBTI). That said it should not be very functional.
    Information processing may not be able to reach very far into their so-called superego processes but the structure doesn't allow for parasitic ones into which blood can flow. Model A shows about as much insight into information processing as does MBTI, which certainly isn't a complement to either.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Information processing may not be able to reach very far into their so-called superego processes but the structure doesn't allow for parasitic ones into which blood can flow. Model A shows about as much insight into information processing as does MBTI, which certainly isn't a complement to either.

a.k.a. I/O
    My point was to just argue about the models and not about the reality for fun while also giving slight punch to fundamentalist.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing (presence trait) they have in common is introversion/extroversion. No, Reinin dichotomies don't count. Their base functions are opposed, their creative functions are opposed, actually all of their functions are opposites. They are one of the least similar types.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

With a lack of types understanding you may mix anything. If you perceive as similar superego people (real ones, as you may mistake in this) - it's hard incompetence case.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super ego may look a like from a far distance since they share the same concious functions and due to shared reinin dichotomies. Reinin dichotomies count because it is built upon the positions and features of IEs.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Too much emphasis in Role Function ( a more neurotic or stressed person or Mb with Supervised parent) could resemble strongly their Look a like, but never seen superego, honestly. There are a lot of differences, at least if you talk about their personality.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think they may give off surprisingly similar vibes due to shared temperament and such. But at a closer look, it's hard to mistake the club for the complete opposite one (for example ST for NF).

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, no. Superego is a really stressful area so people don’t tend to stretch themselves over there. But then again with DCNH... it could happen. I’m SEE normalizing and that means I have strengthened Fi and Ti which makes my Ti PoLR really hard to pinpoint. Ti doesn’t bother me at all, and I’m actually pretty good at it. But Ne role, nope, hate it.

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    What do you mean by "look similar"? If you're going by VI, I think it best to ignore facial features, focus more on body langauge and expression, perhaps.

That being said, I haven't heard of any such similarities between supergo partners, though there is a theory which says in some cases a person can look like their conflictor.

Edit: OP says they didn't mean in visual terms. But my points still stand and I will leave them for posterity.

Superego partners are most likely to be confused due to their shared temperaments.
    Would you happen to know where you read about the conflict theory?