I'm not saying that all synesthetes are Si doms or all Si doms are synesthetes, I just see some interesting similarities between the two. Particularly the bolded symptom above. It reminds me of the connection between ADD and Ne. Seems like one could be confused for the other, causing misdiagnosis.People with synesthesia typically do the following:
- Involuntarily experience their perceptions.
- Project sensations outside the mind, such as seeing colors floating through the air when they hear sounds.
- Have a perception that is the same each time.
- Have a perception that is generic, such as seeing a shape in response to a certain smell, but not seeing something more complex.
- Remember the secondary synesthetic perception better than the primary perception.
- Have emotional reactions such as pleasurable feelings linked to their perceptions.
Sometimes, in a very quiet environment, while I'm doing something that takes a lot of visual weightlifting like browsing art, I start seeing colors? And shapes and sometimes sound. Never words or numbers. I think I can consciously make it grow louder but don't see any reason to, so it's quite faded and in the background most of the time. I think it's getting more frequent and I'm getting a better grasp of it as I get older. Possibly going insane. It's like everything has an aura. In normal life doing normal stuff it goes away
Anyway, making a post because it's interesting.