Thread: What types would be more prone to sensory overloads?

TIM
    SEI 6w7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What types would be more prone to sensory overloads?

So, for a while i've been thinking about sensory overloads. sometimes, i get them, and it's very stressful. there are so many things to give my attention to, and i have no idea what to focus on. it mostly happens when i'm around a bunch of moving people.
    i consider myself to be ILI, though some people have told me i could be EII, LII and IEI, so in general just a low Sensing type.

would this be common for low Sensing types? and if not, then what other types?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni leads seem to be prone to this.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had this. I can be in a mosh pit at night in the middle of a metal concert and I would enjoy it. Thousands of ppl, music that blows your eardrums, 0 problems. I'm not HSP. In general crowds, the atmosphere of an event, physical chaos just gives me a kind of rush.. batteries instacharge.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any type can experience sensory overload and it's associated with abnormal brain conditions; triggers are different for different people. Information processing should be analysed separately.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SEI 6w7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha, same here. Related to everything you said. Sometimes, I don't really have to opportunity to introspect though, and then everything becomes stressful.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should correlate with Intuition, Introversion and Si-valuing.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    My default mode is introspection, .... that I don't notice much of the outside world anyway. And when I get to engage with my environment it feels like a needed break. Too much of it gets me exhausted though, I just go back to contemplating or if I can I just sleep.
    In my experience, what you say about yourself seems typical of LIIs but not ILIs. Now I've known many Ips who will practice skills and analyse others to the nth degree, but not take much time to look at themselves or their own behaviour or motivations. Most ILIs, who I've met, seem to think that the problem is out there not inside, which is a stance that I don't normally associate with introspection.

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

According to Jung it is clearly written in Psychological Types under Introverted Intuitive (or something related and it is not only issue that has been connected to autism and this particular function. Ask more information from all powerful G-man).
    https://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
    9. The Introverted Intuitive Type
    Impulsiveness and unrestraint are the characters of this sensation, combined with an extraordinary dependence upon the sense impression.
    The form of neurosis is a compulsion-neurosis, exhibiting symptoms that are partly hypochondriacal manifestations, partly hypersensibility of the sense organs and partly compulsive ties to definite persons or other objects.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autistic types. The question is whether that's type related.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too little information. I know a LIE who had a LOT of sensory overload issues

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am for sure. Cant filter loud music, etc. I can only single task too. ILI.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say people with low Se (suggestive or PoLR).

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm opposite of this. Probably Ep vs vs Ip. I don't get much input. I'd say that people who have absolute pitch are Ip's (and >90 % of autistic have absolute pitch which makes one even think that rest of them are misdiagnosed.)
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI 6w7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by returnofxenu View Post
    It probably depends on the type of sensory information we're talking about. The easy answer would be "types with repressed sensing functions". But if you think of an example... something like staring at a computer screen, this is something we stereotypically imagine nerdy introverted people as being more inclined toward.
    Maybe types with repressed Sensory functions are more suited for integrating sensory information where there is little to no interaction, like information on a screen?
    You're not really dynamically engaged with the sensory information on the screen the way you can engage with real life surroundings, you're kind of half-aware of it and really you're processing the information on another level.
    When you engage with a screen, like when reading, you decide what is being shown. You have control. There is nothing that interrupts except for some notifications, maybe.
    Ni types seem like they can get overloaded by just walking around in the grocery store, but Se types seem like they'd get more overloaded by information on a screen.
    TBH it probably depends on the intensity of the stimulus, the amount of information combined with how often that individual has processed that information before, more than anything else.
    Yeah. I think Se doms have an easier time with going to the grocery store, because they enjoy intensity and new experiences - iirc idk lol - and Ni doms value this, but have a hard time with it. There's too much to take in, and you don't decide what's being shown, ig. Too much information and things you have to scan. Light, sounds, price tags, people, obstacles, sales etc. It very quickly becomes hard to get a grasp of it all. And especially when it all it flowing. You can't pause reality to take a break.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is this also applicable to ILEs, or even EIIs? ...
    It's very indicative of EIIs; but not as much with IXEs although they usually do have a fairly objective view of who they are?

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@one Ijs and to a lesser extent Eps generally have objective views of themselves. Note that introspection may be difficult if one can't be objective (excuse the pun). And yes it's off topic.
    In parting, here's me as LII: http://www.socionics.com/articles/on_being_intj.html

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> there are so many things to give my attention to

Environment sounds get the most attention and hence most distract S-E types.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I read that the other day and thought that doesn't sound like me. I tried to read it again and now some of it it does sound a bit like me. The only thing different was that I was sleep-deprived the other day. I'll try to read it again a few more times after a few days. I'm seriously considering Gulenko's service. l wouldn't be surprised if I am actually not an LII/ILI. Just a random note I just got an idea recently that I should ascribe random prizes/tasks for each type, or make a bet out of the 16 and come up with a prize if ever I get to guess what Gulenko will type me as. lol. I really try to focus on getting an objective view of myself but I always get distracted even though I don't want to.
    I wouldn't call it overload but S and N-subtypes spend a lion's share of processing time on sensory input. This condition relates more to processing inefficiencies and causes many Ijs to see themselves as Ips. However, for example, LIIs would then be confusing their time spent on Ne with actual processing priority which resides with Ti. (Some Te-Ips think they're Ijs.) Time spent is independent of priority. Input subtypes drink from a fire hose but they can only drink so much - actually, they tend to sip. Output subtypes like me lap from a saucer and overthink everything.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with 1D Se

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you implying I'm most likely Ne-LII (if not, an N-subtype) and my Ne makes me distracted? I understood what you said but I'm not sure if I understood the overall point you're making.
    I cannot determine your type; you have to do that - but I'd suggest that you might want to explore Ne-LII or Te-ILI. Here's what I wrote about the average ILI.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ription-by-I-O

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 11-26-2020 at 08:58 PM. Reason: grammar

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've very high tolerance for strong sensory experiences, but only for short amounts of time.
    but i like it better than moderate for a while. or do i, idk.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by returnofxenu View Post
    It probably depends on the type of sensory information we're talking about. The easy answer would be "types with repressed sensing functions". But if you think of an example... something like staring at a computer screen, this is something we stereotypically imagine nerdy introverted people as being more inclined toward.
    Maybe types with repressed Sensory functions are more suited for integrating sensory information where there is little to no interaction, like information on a screen?
    You're not really dynamically engaged with the sensory information on the screen the way you can engage with real life surroundings, you're kind of half-aware of it and really you're processing the information on another level.
    Ni types seem like they can get overloaded by just walking around in the grocery store, but Se types seem like they'd get more overloaded by information on a screen.
    TBH it probably depends on the intensity of the stimulus, the amount of information combined with how often that individual has processed that information before, more than anything else.
    I never thought of being overwhelmed by information on the screen, but I do when the information is irrelevant- like people talking about their personal experiences (boring and stupid, don’t care) or their personal values (super boring and don’t care). If it’s relevant (like a research data bank) then it’s very easy for me to navigate and get what info I want/need. For Se lead, have to be able to interact what’s right in front, otherwise attention won’t be there long. I can literally scan through a ton of information and know what’s purposeful and what’s junk, but then again my Te is 4D. SEE, I’ve seen get frustrated by so much information and not only that, they inappropriately apply information due to incorrect context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think any intuitive type, including the mob Se types EIE and LIE would be prone to sensory overload. Mob Se believe they’re tough and want to dive right in, but I don’t think they can process the sensory information quick enough nor adequately.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think dynamic types are easily most verbal about it. Statics can be sensitive but won't register it fully or are able to ignore.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type